• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
gamerecks said:
There are an assload of side quests. I made it to chapter 2 with around 65 quests completed. Ive been playing for around 9 hours.

my character is clocked 18 hours in, im still in act 1 and have completed 64 quest, lol.

PuMa

Anerythristic said:
The High Elf Mage is a beast when done right, very few drawbacks, she has little to no offensive/melee abilities if you don't shoe horn it in, being a mage you obviously don't want to be in the middle of a mob, your running and gunning...with both those classes really.

Me = middle of a mob spamming blazing tempest and watching everything burn and crumble. :D

As far as choosing two CA sets, it's really up to personal preferences. You can easily cut out two general skills that may have been chosen to pick up the extra focus/lore.

ElyrionX said:
So if I take Stormite, the higher casting speed will make up for the lesser damage to a certain extent?

Basically, I wouldn't be gimping my own character by choosing Stormite over Pyro right?

Oh no. They are both equally powerfull in their own way, IMO. Glacial Thorns, Cascading Shroud, Frost Flare is a really powerful really fast DOT spell. I think if you want to do Ice you will be very happy, you don't have to settle for the Fire.

Edit - If you are interested in the Ardent Pyromancer, it does have a POWERFUL heat seeking Fireball spell. :D At least that is how I modded it.:D

Pimpbaa

ElyrionX said:
That's not advisable since it would mean another two skills being taken up by your combat arts.

But the manual says you should mix them up since you can use skills in one group while the other is on cooldown.

PuMa

Pimpbaa said:
But the manual says you should mix them up since you can use skills in one group while the other is on cooldown.

First of all, your "cooldowns" are going to be kept to a minimum if you know what your doing. Second, yes, you can use the other combat arts regardless of whether or not you pumped points into the respective focus/lore.

Cahill

Banned
Hope someone can confirm/correct me. Just want to make sure I understand this correctly...

So a lot of people leave their actual CA's low (don't use Runes) to keep regen times down and ONLY raise their spells by using level points to raise the Skill for those CA classes (Focus/Lore), correct?

It's how I'm planning my High Elf and want to make sure. I'm not going to learn any Skills for Delphic Arcania but instead raise Grand Invigoration through Runes.

If I do that, why would I need Fucus for Fire/Ice since the regen times will already be low? Is it because as the Skill is used to increase levels, the regen times will still increase? I know I'm going to end up with a turd but I don't really wanna use a build since I'd like to understand the game on my own.

vilmer_

Duke Togo said:
This dropped for my lvl 20 shadow warrior last night:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Desert_Saber

Man, slotting that thing at the blacksmith cost like 300k! It is nice to one or two shot almost everything (for now).

I'm dual wielding these on my melee Inquisitor :D

Not the best picture (really bright in here right now), but here's my current Inquisitor. He's level 35 and pure melee madness with Callous Execution and Ruthless Mutilation as the main slice and dice combat arts.

s2vilmer.jpg

PuMa

Cahill said:
Hope someone can confirm/correct me. Just want to make sure I understand this correctly...

So a lot of people leave their actual CA's low (don't use Runes) to keep regen times down and ONLY raise their spells by using level points to raise the Skill for those CA classes (Focus/Lore), correct?

It's how I'm planning my High Elf and want to make sure. I'm not going to learn any Skills for Delphic Arcania but instead raise Grand Invigoration through Runes.

If I do that, why would I need Fucus for Fire/Ice since the regen times will already be low? Is it because as the Skill is used to increase levels, the regen times will still increase? I know I'm going to end up with a turd but I don't really wanna use a build since I'd like to understand the game on my own.

You've got it right. Just pay attention to your regen times so you can balance out the strength of each skill versus it's regen.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Cahill said:

Lore skill increases the dmg/effectiveness of a school of combat arts. Focus reduces a CA's school's regen.

So let's say you accidentally put a few more runes into a CA than you wanted, and it's regen is a little on the high side. For the next few levels, just dump your points into that spec's Focus skill, and you'll be fine.

And on the flipside, if regen isn't a problem for you at all, you can put the points into Lore to power up the dmg done, or into whatever else you want (swords).

The big thing that I've learned so far is that there's only one way you can really, TRUELY fuck up your build in an irreversible manner - and that's taking a SKILL you don't need. You only get 10 skills, EVER. So a bad choice can mess you up. *Everything* else you can "fix," if you mess it up. If you accidentally create a build with long regen times, you can put points into Stamina... you can put points into that CA's Focus... in a few levels the regen times will fix themselves. But a wrong SKILL can screw you.

So... yeah. Don't overstress about Runes too much. Just make sure you think long and hard when taking a new skill.

Edit: And even with skills, you don't need to go TOO crazy overthinking. I accidentally took riding as my 2nd skill, but it's ok, because I would have taken riding *eventually* - probably just not until one of my final skill slots. It would have been smarter to take all my essential skills first, to make the game a little easier. But if you're going to stick with a char for the "long haul," it tends to work itself out in the end.

PuMa

ElyrionX said:
How about fucking up by picking the wrong mods for your combat arts? Is that reversible?

Irreversible. However, you only have two options at each level, and each option typically offers significant benefits. Put a little bit a thought to it, and it's hard to make a mistake there.

bjaelke

Pimpbaa said:
Ugh, so many false starts I've had on this game. Getting so sick of the starting areas.
Same here...I go directly for the main quest so I can get into Orc territory and further on!

gamerecks said:
Ugh, now im worried im screwing up my temple guardian. Someone tell me its gonna be ok.

I've said this numerous times in this thread, unless you are obsessive compulsive you are fine. I doubt it is even possible that you can fuck a character so bad that you can't beat it on Bronze or Silver. I'd even doubt it is possible on Gold. Maybe if you are planning on playing to level 200, you might create some really difficult spots for yourself on Niobian difficulty, or if you want to PLayer vs. Player with that character, but otherwise don't worry about it. Just enjoy the game.

So, in short, if you plan on playing this same character through all FIVE difficulties and spending 200+ hours maxing him out, perhaps you might want to work on a new character. If you just want to beat the game a couple of times and get all the achievements, you are fine.

EternalGamer said:
I've said this numerous times in this thread, unless you are obsessive compulsive you are fine. I doubt it is even possible that you can fuck a character so bad that you can't beat it on Bronze or Silver. I'd even doubt it is possible on Gold. Maybe if you are planning on playing to level 200, you might create some really difficult spots for yourself on Niobian difficulty, or if you want to PLayer vs. Player with that character, but otherwise don't worry about it. Just enjoy the game.

Thank you, I love you.

Cahill

Banned
GDJustin said:
Lore skill increases the dmg/effectiveness of a school of combat arts. Focus reduces a CA's school's regen.

So let's say you accidentally put a few more runes into a CA than you wanted, and it's regen is a little on the high side. For the next few levels, just dump your points into that spec's Focus skill, and you'll be fine.

Right, but I'm considering NOT taking Focus for Ice to free up a extra Skill slot and raising the hell outta the spells using level points on the Lore. My Q is will the regen times for all the ice spells still increase requiring me to have Focus and if not, will the skills actually be strong enough with little to no runes used? I basically want a strong fire and very good ice set in the higher levels.

PuMa said:
Me = middle of a mob spamming blazing tempest and watching everything burn and crumble. :D

As far as choosing two CA sets, it's really up to personal preferences. You can easily cut out two general skills that may have been chosen to pick up the extra focus/lore.

she can melee as well -- pump up crystal skin. there is NO DOWNSIDE to playing as the high elf. she is the uberclass. she is a giant win button. crystal skin + glacial thorns = NEVER DIE EVER

EternalGamer said:

So, in short, if you plan on playing this same character through all FIVE difficulties and spending 200+ hours maxing him out, perhaps you might want to work on a new character. If you just want to beat the game a couple of times and get all the achievements, you are fine.

Listen to this man for pity's sake. People need to stop worrying about 'messing up'. You can't really do that. Well, with CA cool downs you can but you can rectify that problem.

PuMa

Drinky Crow said:
she can melee as well -- pump up crystal skin. there is NO DOWNSIDE to playing as the high elf. she is the uberclass. she is a giant win button. crystal skin + glacial thorns = NEVER DIE EVER

Oh I absolutely agree. I just chose to pretty much go pure spellcasting though. Went heavy into Pyro Lore/Focus. Grand Invigoration + Incandescent Skin = Everything Dies!

bjaelke

Maybe I should get back to my HE before giving more advice :lol I started with the Seraphim but got tired of it at level 15 so I rerolled a High Elf and got it to level 22. Now I started a SW (and a co-op Dryad) instead :s Maybe I should stick with just one character for now.

No45

Can someone briefly run down how saves are handled in the console game, specifically different characters? I just know I'm going to be fucking around with different classes/builds until I find one that suits, but I'd love to have completely separate saves for each character (In a similar way to how WoW works, for example, but obviously offline).

Thanks. Counting down the days to this releasing in the UK, hopefully I'll be done with inFAMOUS by the time this arrives.

bjaelke

You have a total of 8 saves. Each save contains its own campaign, character, items, map etc. The only thing you share is the chest which makes distributing items among your characters easy.

You can't make several save games for the same character and then load an older save to redo something.

No45

bjaelke said:
You have a total of 8 saves. Each save contains its own campaign, character, items, map etc. The only thing you share is the chest which makes distributing items among your characters easy.

You can't make several save games for the same character and then load an older save to redo something.
Thanks for the quick reply, and wow that sounds absolutely perfect for how I know I'll end up playing this. ^_^

GDJustin

bjaelke said:

Right. Basically, you can roll a total of 8 characters. Each character can only have one campaign going at once. So you can't have the same character in a Bronze campaign and a Silver campaign.

And each character exists in their own separate Instance of the game world.

Google

Hey Guys,

I'm interested in this game, but at the same time, I'm really confused about what type of game it is.

Is it basically a Diablo type-game that's appeared on consoles as well as the PC?

Aurora

Google said:
Hey Guys,

I'm interested in this game, but at the same time, I'm really confused about what type of game it is.

Is it basically a Diablo type-game that's appeared on consoles as well as the PC?
www.google.com

Had to.

You're pretty much right. People have compared it to Oblivion, Baldur's Gate and Diablo. Youtube has some nice ingame footage as well to give you a good idea.

Tobor

Google said:
Hey Guys,

Tobor said:
Reposting the answers to the most common questions for a new page:

1. YES THE GAME IS AWESOME.

2. 360 and PS3, either will work fine.

3. YES, if you loved Baldur's Gate DA and Champions of Norrath, you will love Sacred 2.

4. JUST BUY IT ALREADY.

Eccocid

this game sounds awesome...what i have been looking for on ps3 for years.. a rpg with tons of stuff to do and high replay value and co-op mode! woho..this month will be great!
Demon's Souls is on the way from play asia and gonna get this this weekend..mwah!

Tom Penny

PuMa said:
Use L2 and R2 to switch to the other skill options.

I have 7 skills.. L2 and R2 do nothing except for go back and forth through the menus.

My skill screen has

Astral Lore
Death Warrior Focus
Combat Discipline
Consentration
Malevolent Champion Focus
Astral Lord Focus
Ancient Magic

Bottom line is can anyone confirm they are Dual Wielding with Shadow Warrior. I think this is a class issue. I have no defensive offensive or general skills tab.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I have that same helm on my Shadow Warrior. I'll basically never change it no matter what loot I find because it makes you look like the King of Badassery.

Tom Penny

bjaelke said:
You can switch skill tab with left stick.

I've tried everything. Unless someone can confirm they are dual wielding with a Shadow Warrior ( darkside) and showing or showing me the skill screen it's not there.

In order of R2 clicks

Attributes, skills, combat arts, inventory,overview.

Were is this other skills tab? You can't click back in forth in the skills tab it advance the menu to the next tab.

Google

Aurora said:
www.google.com

Had to.

You're pretty much right. People have compared it to Oblivion, Baldur's Gate and Diablo. Youtube has some nice ingame footage as well to give you a good idea.

Yeah, I know...

I'm at work, and cant see any images or videos, so I was trying to get an indication from the Wiki entry.

But yeah - All of those games make me hard, so I'll go buy this after work.

Cheers.

Tom Penny said:
I've tried everything. Unless someone can confirm they are dual wielding with a Shadow Warrior ( darkside) and showing or showing me the skill screen it's not there.

In order of R2 clicks

Were is this other skills tab? You can't click back in forth in the skills tab it advance the menu to the next tab.
When you are on the skill tab use the left stick to move between menus within the skill tab.

bjaelke

Tom Penny said:

In order of R2 clicks

I'm not talking about R2-L2 but the left stick (the one you move your character with). I can see the DW skill with my SW.

methodman

Banned
Quick question for online co - op. I got 3 of my friends to purchase this so we can all play co op: So when we play do we all split xp for every kill like Diablo (where you can take a break and still be gaining xp) or does it just go to whoever kills the guy?

Tom Penny

Wired All Wrong said:
When you are on the skill tab use the left stick to move between menus within the skill tab.

bjaelke said:
I'm not talking about R2-L2 but the left stick (the one you move your character with). I can see the DW skill with my SW.

Doesn't work for me makes no sense.

Tom Penny said:
Already did everything. There only so many freaking buttons you can press on a screen. None of them do anything. I'm convince dark path Shadow Warrior doesn't have the option and I'm just wasting my time. I'm done.
No, it does. Let me try to explain better. Go to the skill tab. Select the empty slot to get to the choice of skill you want to choose. Once you are at the list of skills to choose press the left stick left or right to switch between the different categories of skills.

Tom Penny

Wired All Wrong said:
No, it does. Let me try to explain better. Go to the skill tab. Select the empty slot to get to the choice of skill you want to choose. Once you are at the list of skills to choose press the left stick left or right to switch between the different categories of skills.

I think I got what your saying. It's too late now. I thought the one they give you is your only choice. I have to wait until they offer me another one. I wasted 3 skill slots on stupid crap apparently :lol At least I hope that's what your saying. Thanks guys. I'm staring at my current screen going WTF?

GDJustin

Tom Penny said:
Doesn't work for me makes no sense.

Why in the world are you being so confrontational, and insisting the option isn't there, when 5+ of us are telling you it is, and are trying to help you? Do you think WE'RE all wrong?

The answer to your question has been given several times over the last few pages.

YES the Shadow Warrior has access to the skill:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Skills

You can't just add skills whenever you want - you can only add one every handful of levels. Next time you have the opportunity to add a new skill, and you're ON the skills tab, you can use the left stick to flick between the various skill pages (Defensive, offensive, class, general).

Top Bottom