• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

Tobor

Tom Penny said:
I think I got what your saying. It's too late now. I thought the one they give you is your only choice. I have to wait until they offer me another one. I wasted 3 skill slots on stupid crap apparently :lol At least I hope that's what your saying. Thanks guys. I'm staring at my current screen going WTF?

You probably did.

Jezlyre

I was really psyched to buy this game after reading this thread and hearing other positive feedback from other sources. I loved Diablo and Baldur's, so I thought this was definitely my kind of game. I even made the effort to travel to multiple Gamestops and BestBuys after being told it was sold out at each location. When I finally got my hands on a copy, I went home and settled down in front of my TV, expecting to play through the night.

I really wanted to like this game. I still do, but I'm losing faith. I played for 3 hours or so before getting bored with the combat and lack of story. Not to mention the technical problems I was experiencing. During the time I played, my character froze three times. The first two times, the entire screen locked up, but my character's icon on the mini map would still move around. The third time, I suffered massive framerate lag which caused me to die and when I ressurected, my character would not budge from her spot.

I'm still going to pick it up and try to get a better feel for the game, since I don't like the thought of a wasted purchase. But does the game get more exciting as you advance? Or is it mostly just running around the world map completing mundane quests like "go here and kill this many of [blank]" or "deliver this here", etc.?

Petrie

Banned
Jezlyre said:
But does the game get more exciting as you advance? Or is it mostly just running around the world map completing mundane quests like "go here and kill this many of [blank]" or "deliver this here", etc.?

If this doesn't appeal to you, bail out. Though you say you liked Diablo, and frankly that game is nothing but the same type of quests over and over.

MrDaravon

Jesus Christ, my friend and I played for 13 hours straight today, I can't remember the last time I did that with ANY game. I'm level 36 I think, with just under 20% of the map explored at about 36 hours. I'm getting to the point now where I've got some gold modded CA's, sweet forged stuff, and I'm starting to understand/see the value of different bonuses (like regen -% times etc)on equipment vs. just higher attack/defense stats. The only thing I really messed up on with putting way too many runes into my Pelting Strikes and Battle Stance early on (like 7 on each), but I've got my Aspect for those two up and Pelting Strike Gold-modded with Drill I've already gotten that regen down from something like 16.2 seconds to 4.2 seconds, so I spam it pretty much constantly.

Mik2121

Ok guys, I'm going to this store at 15 min from my house where they sell games from the US. I don't know if they even have Sacred, but god damn I hope they do.

Too bad I have almost no money, so I'll need to sell a game :( Oh well, I didn't like Fallout 3 all that much, so... there it goes :lol

Mamesj

Banned
Bought it today, but haven't opened it yet. Read something about save files randomly being deleted and that there will be a patch to address many of the game's problems...

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Here's my dude:
102la8j.jpg

Just hit 28 while co-op'ing. A friend and I went from the little hamlet north of the desert all the way to past the large city in the center of the desert. Wow, what a place! Lots of awesome stuff. Ended up having to turn back after getting into the southern part of the desert because of killer red scorpions.

Kauza

Had a lovely two-hour session tonight, and finally got to the Blind Guardian concert. That was certainly an interesting addition--I ended up liking it a lot!

Anyway, my high elf is level 29 now, and damn she feels powerful. Regen times are pretty much 1.5 seconds for my main pyro skills, so spamming fireball or even the wall of fire thing (I can never remember the skill names...) has become pretty routine. I think part of the problem is that I'm really taking my time and exploring, so I should probably have moved on to different parts of the map a long time ago.

I started finding a bunch of items that have bonuses to the amount of loot that you find, and now most enemies are dropping 3-4 items each time. I have 300 or so health potions now--completely ridiculous.

Anyway--random jumble of thoughts, but the more I get used to the game, the easier it is to forget about some of its major flaws and really enjoy it. I'm totally satisfied at this point, but at the same time, I can't wait for a patch.

GreekWolf

Diseased Yak said:
A friend and I went from the little hamlet north of the desert all the way to past the large city in the center of the desert. Wow, what a place! Lots of awesome stuff. Ended up having to turn back after getting into the southern part of the desert because of killer red scorpions.
I know you've played through the PC version extensively, but are you still uncovering new areas of the game world?

Mik2121

Alright, I just got back home. I'm downloading some patch (PS3 version) and then I guess I will have to install the game.

If this game sucks my time and I can't do anything else, I will blame all you!!! :mad:

:p

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Kauza said:
Had a lovely two-hour session tonight, and finally got to the Blind Guardian concert. That was certainly an interesting addition--I ended up liking it a lot!

Anyway, my high elf is level 29 now, and damn she feels powerful. Regen times are pretty much 1.5 seconds for my main pyro skills, so spamming fireball or even the wall of fire thing (I can never remember the skill names...) has become pretty routine. I think part of the problem is that I'm really taking my time and exploring, so I should probably have moved on to different parts of the map a long time ago.

I started finding a bunch of items that have bonuses to the amount of loot that you find, and now most enemies are dropping 3-4 items each time. I have 300 or so health potions now--completely ridiculous.

Anyway--random jumble of thoughts, but the more I get used to the game, the easier it is to forget about some of its major flaws and really enjoy it. I'm totally satisfied at this point, but at the same time, I can't wait for a patch.

What lvl are your skills/runes at? That casting time is insane. My lvl 28 high elf has like 10 second Fire wall cast ect....

Think im like lvl 9 or so Fire wall. Tons of points into the 2 pyro skills. alot into concentration too.

bjaelke

It seems that soom items scale to your character. I found Officer's Saber and transfered it my SW who was level 4 at the time. He could use it right away and at level 12 it's still a powerful weapon - I one shot them all on silver.

Picked this up today for the 360. Amazing game. Only level 5 so far, and I haven't messed around with upgrading anything yet. I am scared to in case I make a mistake.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
bjaelke said:
It seems that soom items scale to your character. I found Officer's Saber and transfered it my SW who was level 4 at the time. He could use it right away and at level 12 it's still a powerful weapon - I one shot them all on silver.

Yup. This also makes using a wiki or other source to track an item's stats challenging. Plain/common items will have higher base stats as you level. That's why, if you use a badass unique "Wicked Sword of the Evil Conquerer" (or whatever) long enough, you'll eventually get some boring drop - "War Sword" - that's still an upgrade.

bjaelke

GDJustin said:
Yup. This also makes using a wiki or other source to track an item's stats challenging. Plain/common items will have higher base stats as you level. That's why, if you use a badass unique "Wicked Sword of the Evil Conquerer" (or whatever) long enough, you'll eventually get some boring drop - "War Sword" - that's still an upgrade.
I know "random" items will do it but I had no idea about Uniques.

Hammer24

Banned
FINALLY had my first go at the game - here are some random thoughts and observations.
Disclaimer: 360, import version, installed to disc, 1080p on 50`` FullHD Plasma

- setting the camera angle to "fixed" extremely helped with the framerate, now its stable 30 more than 95% of time
- import version has english voices, but all the texts (and thus the stats pages) are in german
- the loading in this game is amazing: 2sec for a city, 5sec for a dungeon or a teleport - incredible for a game of this scale
- experienced one glitch: tried to modify radiant pillar, but it showed me the wrong page of spells. going back to the main menu and reloading solved the problem
- otherwise I had a total blast, game is more than amazing and the perfect placeholder till D3

Here is what my Sera build looks like right now:

20hpkw9.jpg

zuflnq.jpg

bjaelke

All 8 deaths were caused by Xanthiar :lol

aawymr.jpg

Forging is expensive when you also have to buy a new mount every now and then (I'm on my third).
2ni5riw.jpg

Loudninja

So with armor you have to look at how much physical defense it offer not the defense value right?

Edit:I put on a piece of armor ,it took away from my defense but added to hwo much physical damage i have which is 400.

Jezlyre

Petrie said:
If this doesn't appeal to you, bail out. Though you say you liked Diablo, and frankly that game is nothing but the same type of quests over and over.
This is true, but the thing that I found most appealing in Diablo was the story and the atmosphere. I've yet to find anything intriguing about the atmosphere or story-wise in Sacred 2.

Oh well, I'll still give it a chance. Who knows, it might grow on me. If not, it's off to Ebay I go.

Mik2121

Alright. I've been playing since I got the game and I should be doing other stuff instead! I hate you guys :(((

*goes back to the game*

Hammer24

Banned
Jezlyre said:
This is true, but the thing that I found most appealing in Diablo was the story and the atmosphere. I've yet to find anything intriguing about the atmosphere or story-wise in Sacred 2.

Oh well, I'll still give it a chance. Who knows, it might grow on me. If not, it's off to Ebay I go.

For you it might be best to concentrate on the story missions first. Try to go with a pure evil/pure light character - only then the story makes real sense.

Hammer24

Banned
Loudninja said:
Yeah,some armor is just ridiculous with +10 regeneration penalty :lol

While its all not really THIS important on silver, its still difficult (but fun) to balance everything. If you start to plan your character, it feels like you are juggling with 50 slippery blades (with sharp tips) at once... :D

Mik2121 said:
Alright. I've been playing since I got the game and I should be doing other stuff instead! I hate you guys :(((

*goes back to the game*

Post pics!

Loudninja

Hammer24 said:
While its all not really THIS important on silver, its still difficult (but fun) to balance everything. If you start to plan your character, it feels like you are juggling with 50 slippery blades (with sharp tips) at once... :D

Post pics!

Yeah I am doing very well at balancing armor lore helps alot though :D

ARRRRGGGHHHH

Bow drop rates are shit! I'm level 47 and the best bow I've seen is still only 2 star. It's really holding my Dryad back from doing some serious killing.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
BobFromPikeCreek said:
ARRRRGGGHHHH

Bow drop rates are shit! I'm level 47 and the best bow I've seen is still only 2 star. It's really holding my Dryad back from doing some serious killing.

Join the club. I figured SWORDS was a pretty damn safe bet as a skill, and for a while it was. But I haven't gotten a good sword drop in HOURS (incl. two bosses).

Xevren

Got my first set piece for my High Elf, not that it matters due to it being useless to me. I need a sick day so I can play damn it.

Mik2121

Alright. But remember this is my first time! I have yet to use the runes (except for a couple I used randomly) because I still don't know how they work.

Here is my character:

profile1.jpg

profile2.jpg

Loudninja

GDJustin said:
Join the club. I figured SWORDS was a pretty damn safe bet as a skill, and for a while it was. But I haven't gotten a good sword drop in HOURS (incl. two bosses).

Yep,but the game seems to like giving weapons I either cant use or not skilled in ;(

Brashnir

GDJustin said:

My Shadow Warrior has Swords, he gets nothing but Hafted weapon drops, so I made an Inquisitor that uses Hafted weapons, and he gets nothing but Staff and Polearm drops.

I'm sure it's more perception than reality, but it is definitely frustrating.

Petrie

Banned
I'm definitely in love with the high elf. I'm at level 24 and have my glacial thorns doing 67 damage, but the beauty is the 1.2 sec regen time, meaning it cools down by the time it is done being cast. Awesome. My only real mistake thus far was picking tactics lore, as I've realized there is no reason to have her bother attacking with a weapon.

Hammer24

Banned
Attention Yuropeans: VGPlus has the game back in stock, no idea how long it´ll last this time (their 3rd restock...)!

Language info:
Subtitles/Menus in – English, Francais, Espanol, Deutsch, and Italiano
Voice overs in – English, Francais, Espanol and Italiano

Hammer24

Banned
Totally reworked the OP - its now a gallery for the character builds. This reminds me - post screenies, people!

PS: I love the many dozen eastereggs in this game! Hav you guys found the Rade Jaymond grave statue? :lol Or the Twitty Tister bar? :D

Hammer24

Banned
Brashnir said:
I saw the first one, not the second.

3357hhu.jpg

South end of the desert. It probably wont surprise you, that this bar is the top of an old maya temple, and that the inhabitants of this bar would very much like to eat you...

Hammer24 said:
Attention Yuropeans: VGPlus has the game back in stock, no idea how long it´ll last this time (their 3rd restock...)!

Thanks. Ordered the PS3 version. Since amazon uk suddenly refuses to send videogames to Switzerland... What a globalized world.

Hammer24

Banned
peacemountain said:
Thanks. Ordered the PS3 version. Since amazon uk suddenly refuses to send videogames to Switzerland... What a globalized world.

This game was my first order with VGPlus, and I can only recommend them:
- no company but a private adress as sender
- marked it as a gift
- marked it as "toy, less than 20$ value"
---> no customs to pay, awesome! :D

Brashnir

peacemountain said:

Your neutrality has finally begun to cost you. Pick a side, Switzerland!

PBY

Banned
I would love to play this game, looks awesome, but I know better, I suuuuuuck at games like this where you need to highly manage your character- I never know what skills, etc to pick, lol.

Regardless, the game holds the honor for the most HILARIOUS trailer ever. I literally laughed for 10 minutes after I saw this. Not because it presents the game in an unflattering light, but due to the transition for CGI to gameplay coupled with the comments.

TRAILER: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/battle-gameplay-sacred-2/44589#comments_top

Hammer24

Banned
peterb0y said:
I would love to play this game, looks awesome, but I know better, I suuuuuuck at games like this where you need to highly manage your character- I never know what skills, etc to pick, lol.

On Bronze and even Silver difficulty you basically can´t go wrong. You´ll only have to highly manage your character when you´re planning to go for the higher difficulties or the PvP part.
If you like lootwhoring, you can´t go wrong.

Cahill

Banned
Got my Inquisitor unique mount last night... giddyup!

Just a note: Get 'em early on folks. Price scales with your level... I was 26 or 27 and was almost 200K.

Kinda funny, I was running around on my way to the unique mount quests and I cast Clustering Maelstrom (kinda a vortex spell that draws things in and then damages) on a huge group of enemies. Unfortunately, my horse was smack in the middle of the group and the thing just dropped dead... I didn't even know I could kill my own damn horse. I laughed and was pissed at the same time cause I was in the middle of friggin' nowhere with a dead $100K pony...

Mik2121

Goddamn, I kept playing and now the difference of money is HUGE. I used to have around 20k 2 hours ago, and now I have over 100k :lol

Top Bottom