• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

Hammer24

Banned
Kauza said:
Not exactly sure what he means. I know that, for instance, you can play split screen on PS3 online, as it works just fine with Resistance 2. However, I don't believe that you can have two accounts signed in at the same time, which is how Sacred 2 deals with your character (stored online based on your account). So I think that what he's getting at.

Yeah, but when I played the game in Leipzig, they said that two players on one console could take the game online, and they said it´d be the same for 360 and PS3. It´s the first time they mention that this feature is gone.

PS: Thx Bjaelke!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Kauza said:
Not exactly sure what he means. I know that, for instance, you can play split screen on PS3 online, as it works just fine with Resistance 2. However, I don't believe that you can have two accounts signed in at the same time, which is how Sacred 2 deals with your character (stored online based on your account). So I think that what he's getting at.
I thought the latest PS3 FW enabled this feature.
To have 2 different PSN accounts signed in. And Resistance 2 was supposed to have a patch that took advantage of this.

Kauza

dallow_bg said:
I thought the latest PS3 FW enabled this feature.
To have 2 different PSN accounts signed in. And Resistance 2 was supposed to have a patch that took advantage of this.

That could very well be the case. I haven't fired up R2 in a couple of months, so I wouldn't have noticed that feature if it were present.

I imagine that the PS3 version will function just fine with two players online. They have until May now, after all!

bjaelke

Here we have a PS3 screenshot showing the Seraphim taking her tiger out for a peaceful day of shopping.
Sacred2_FallenAngel_ps3_sera_and_tiger_shopping.jpg

ChackanKun said:
But the PS3 version will have 4 players online right?? Online not in the same console right?
Yes.

I'm very much down. I quite liked the first Sacred and I will definitely pick this and I'm honestly glad all the delays have occurred so as not to hopefully push a broken game out the door.

I've had my eyes on this for a while now. Hopefully the console versions will be good. Is the loot system actually versatile? It would also be good if the stuff that dropped was for your class only, or could be transfered to another class's save file. It pisses me off when I get a ton of drops my char can't use.

Truant

Got the game running, what a cheesy euro-trash fest.

Still, pretty enjoyable with the right mindset. I started out as an inquisitor. Why can't I equip any other weapons than the fucking mace?

Truant said:
Got the game running, what a cheesy euro-trash fest.

Still, pretty enjoyable with the right mindset. I started out as an inquisitor. Why can't I equip any other weapons than the fucking mace?

explain pls!

Kauza

The achievements for the 360 version (well, most of them) have been posted over at Xbox360Achievements.com. Nothing spoilery yet since the secret achievements are still secret.

Some are actually kind of funny, like:

Scrooge 30
Any Hero has completed the main quest without buying anything.

Dedicated 30
Any Hero completed the main quest without exploring more than 20 % of the map.

Yeah, I'm going to say right now that I'm not going to get either of those.

bjaelke

Kauza said:
The achievements for the 360 version (well, most of them) have been posted over at Xbox360Achievements.com. Nothing spoilery yet since the secret achievements are still secret.

Some are actually kind of funny, like:

Scrooge 30
Any Hero has completed the main quest without buying anything.

Dedicated 30
Any Hero completed the main quest without exploring more than 20 % of the map.

Yeah, I'm going to say right now that I'm not going to get either of those.
The vendor items are crap compared to what drops of monsters. I completed the game as an Inquisitor without doing so (unless buying a few mounts is also included). My inventory was filled with potions which I looted from the mobs.

Kauza

bjaelke said:
The vendor items are crap compared to what drops of monsters. I completed the game as an Inquisitor without doing so (unless buying a few mounts is also included). My inventory was filled with potions which I looted from the mobs.

Well, in that case, perhaps I will try for that one. Come to think of it, that was pretty much the case in Titan Quest as well: I very rarely found something good in the shops. I'd buy potions if I was low, but that didn't happen often.

Thanks for the info!

Well, according to amazon.co.uk "This item will be released on May 30, 2009.".

Bummer, i thought i was going to get it this week :|

GT: GoddessKybele is playing the game. So surely this must mean it's at least through certification if it's being plaayed on a retail 360 over live?

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
I'm so there for this. I am a total OCD loot game whore. I played Diablo 2 for about 8 months straight about 6 hours a night. I thought my wife would leave me before it was all said and done. I've put 60 hours into Fallout 3 and only finished about 1/4 of the game because I spend so much time gathering up shit to take back to some damned town to sell it.

It's pathetic, really....

Release dates are all over the place. Trying to pin down a UK date and I'm getting everything from end of April right up until August. Want.game.now!!!!

j-wood

I was thinking of picking up the PC version of this game. I loved Diablo 2, played it forever. How is the online community for the US PC version?

bottles

My local gameshop says May 15.

Truant said:
The voice acting, art direction, cheesy metal soundtrack - it just reeks of Eurotrash. But the game is good, still.

Above all, it’s a very German game. The Germans seem to have their very own cult followings. I mean, who else has an undying love for The Settlers?

TheExodu5

Banned
Any word on how to get a Carrier Imp in North America?

edit: wow, what a friggin' lame developer.

I buy the Steam version, and now I find out I cannot get the Carrier Imp, and am barred from using the better texture pack that comes with the CE version.

Ascaron is a fucking stingy developer. Never seen such lame attempts to push a CE.

whiterabbit said:
I've had my eyes on this for a while now. Hopefully the console versions will be good. Is the loot system actually versatile? It would also be good if the stuff that dropped was for your class only, or could be transfered to another class's save file. It pisses me off when I get a ton of drops my char can't use.

Ricker

I hope we hear something good this week,some kind of news or gold announcement because the 12th May is coming fast and there's still nothing that makes me think it will come out on the 12th...3 weeks away and no confirmation makes me fear another delay...

whiterabbit said:

You'll get a decent amount of loot for other classes. Every sizable town has a chest (they all access the same bank) with storage for your current character as well as a shared storage area that any character can access.

So it's out on PC? How does it compare with the rest of the WRPG library out there? Will pick this up for 360, most likely, but need to beat a few of my other RPGs.

BobJustBob said:
You'll get a decent amount of loot for other classes. Every sizable town has a chest (they all access the same bank) with storage for your current character as well as a shared storage area that any character can access.

Great, thanks for the info.

bjaelke

Mr Killemgood said:
So it's out on PC? How does it compare with the rest of the WRPG library out there? Will pick this up for 360, most likely, but need to beat a few of my other RPGs.
It was very buggy at first (look at the initial reviews) but a few patches fixed most of the issues and now Sacred 2 has become a lootwhore's dream. There haven't really been any Diablo-clones lately so it's hard to compare it to anything - Diablo 2 is still the best you can get.

The 15th May looks more solid than any other date in the past due to it being played on retail xbox's now but we've been through so many delays I'm not holding my breath.

Zzoram

So is the 360 version confirmed to have local multiplayer (2p)? Is it handled splitscreen or both on screen ala Marvel Ultimate Alliance?

Kauza

Damn, poor Ascaron. I'll be doing my part, but unfortunately I just don't think these kinds of games will sell anymore without the name "Diablo" on them.

I guess it's good that they're taking the extra time to work out the game's problems before release since they might not be around to support the game in the future.

Kauza

Zzoram said:
So is the 360 version confirmed to have local multiplayer (2p)? Is it handled splitscreen or both on screen ala Marvel Ultimate Alliance?

Yes, local multiplayer is confirmed with two players, and it appears to work all on the same screen rather than splitscreen.

Ricker

Yeah me also,finally coming on the 12th of May,can't wait.Let's hope the rumours of Ascaron folding or something aren't true though,for further support or DLC.

Phthisis

I really want this game to be good. But I'm afraid it may suffer from bugs or other problems because Ascaron is now bankrupt and they just wanted to get it out the door, and perhaps because the console release kept getting pushed back.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but if it's solid, I'm there day 1.

mujun

Phthisis said:
I really want this game to be good. But I'm afraid it may suffer from bugs or other problems because Ascaron is now bankrupt and they just wanted to get it out the door, and perhaps because the console release kept getting pushed back.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but if it's solid, I'm there day 1.

this game strikes me as the type of game where bugs and the like wont impact the fun factor too much.

i hope they dont anyway because im pretty sure there will be quite a lot of them.

Top Bottom