• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

GreekWolf

Whew! Not sure how I managed to do it, but that
giant scorpion
finally went down.

The dungeons in the desert area have been my favorite by far. Also impressed by the variety of enemies.

Petrie

Banned
My necro keeps making the game freeze after the update. Don't give me the option to amass these huge armies if you aren't going to make a game that can handle it damnit.

GreekWolf

Petrie said:
My necro keeps making the game freeze after the update. Don't give me the option to amass these huge armies if you aren't going to make a game that can handle it damnit.
That's strange... what version?

My secondary is a necro, and haven't had any problems with him post-patch (360).

Zzoram

Any tips on quick ways to get the most achievements? I'm renting this and hoping to get some because a friend and I are having a bit of a competition. I have a level 10 Temple Guardian. I am thinking of abandonning him at level 15, but it's taking so long to level up to 15 that it might take forever to get to 35 with a 2nd character.

Any good High Elf builds?

Petrie

Banned
GreekWolf said:
That's strange... what version?

My secondary is a necro, and haven't had any problems with him post-patch (360).

Only seems to happen in the desert thus far. When I get my 4 skellies, and then up to about 15 enemies via rousing command under my control, the entire 360 simply locks up.

Zzoram said:
Any tips on quick ways to get the most achievements? I'm renting this and hoping to get some because a friend and I are having a bit of a competition. I have a level 10 Temple Guardian. I am thinking of abandonning him at level 15, but it's taking so long to level up to 15 that it might take forever to get to 35 with a 2nd character.

Any good High Elf builds?

This does not seem like a good game for quick achievements. Doesn't bother me at all, as I could care less, but they take a long time.

Zzoram

Petrie said:
This does not seem like a good game for quick achievements. Doesn't bother me at all, as I could care less, but they take a long time.

That's fine.

Anyone have good High Elf builds though? What is the best way to level up early in the game? I find myself either way too strong for the enemies, or way too weak. I can't seem to find the best place to grind.

ElyrionX

It's a loot game but I'm at Level 12, I think, and the loots aren't very interesting. My High Elf still looks like a skank no matter what I give her to wear and the lootwhoring just doesn't excite me that much. Maybe it's because magic users tend to be more skill-dependent as compared to non-magic users.

Cahill

Banned
ElyrionX said:
It's a loot game but I'm at Level 12, I think, and the loots aren't very interesting. My High Elf still looks like a skank no matter what I give her to wear and the lootwhoring just doesn't excite me that much. Maybe it's because magic users tend to be more skill-dependent as compared to non-magic users.

*squints* Did you just complain about the loot at level 12... seriously?

You could always try and run a few characters. That way you'll care about the loot received for all of them instead of specific items for just one.

GreekWolf

ElyrionX said:
Have you ever played a MMORPG? Essentially, Sacred 2 follows the same blueprint.

You're not going to get phat lewts in the first several hours of the game. My SW looked like an asshole (complete with Ronald McDonald shoes) until the 30's, when interesting items finally began dropping.

Kauza

Zzoram said:
That's fine.

Anyone have good High Elf builds though? What is the best way to level up early in the game? I find myself either way too strong for the enemies, or way too weak. I can't seem to find the best place to grind.

I absolutely love my HE build. I can't give you all of the info, as I'm not in front of my 360, but I can give you a general idea of what I did.

Basically, I wanted a straight pyro build, so I am focusing on those combat arts. I got pyro focus and lore as early as possible, and I keep those maxed at my level.

One thing I wish I had done earlier is armor lore. I started it late and only have a few points in it, but it's very useful. Basically, you'll need it if you want to take more than a few hits. My HE is extremely fragile, and armor lore does help. In addition, as you start finding higher level armor pieces at higher levels, you'll be glad that you can equip them without large penalties.

From here, there are a lot of things you can do. Ancient magic will give you a decent boost in damage. At least one level in concentration is nice to allow you to have two buffs, which can help with regen times (the skill lowers regen times as well, but not drastically). Constitution will allow you to take a few more hits, but that's another that I never put many points into. I picked up enhanced perception to see if it helps with drop rates, and it does seem to. That said, I get a lot of crap and not a ton of really great stuff. I think that's pretty common, and I'm sure it'll change somewhat as I get to a higher level, so at this point I'm still glad that I took it.

Anyway, hopefully that helps somewhat. It's more a list of recommendations than a true build, but I've liked it so far other than the fact that I die easily.

Cahill

Banned
GreekWolf said:
Have you ever played a MMORPG? Essentially, Sacred 2 follows the same blueprint.

You're not going to get phat lewts in the first several hours of the game. My SW looked like an asshole (complete with Ronald McDonald shoes) until the 30's, when interesting items finally began dropping.

I call all my characters "retarded hooker clowns" so the Ronald comment made me laugh

Zzoram

Kauza said:
Anyway, hopefully that helps somewhat.

Thanks.

I would probably buy this game if it wasn't 25fps, because that gives me a bit of a headache. I'm going to keep playing it on rental, but I might pick it up cheap later.

Kauza

ChackanKun said:
Anyway, is it worth to get a horse? Or should i only get a special mount?

I'd say it's not really worth it unless you plan to traipse around for a while before doing the unique mount quest. But it's pretty easy to run over there, do the various steps, and then pick up wherever you left off.

Zzoram

Can your class specific mount die?

I spent 15,000g on a horse to run to the desert to get an achievement for doing a desert quest, and my horse died on the trip there. Pretty annoying.

Xevren

Zzoram said:
Can your class specific mount die?

I spent 15,000g on a horse to run to the desert to get an achievement for doing a desert quest, and my horse died on the trip there. Pretty annoying.

Yea your special mount can die, just dont let your HP get around 5% and you'll be fine.

Beaten by the Cornballer.

Zzoram

Is it just me or do potions keep getting more expensive the more you buy? Is this permanent? Or will starting a new instance of the game reset potion prices?

Xevren

Potion prices keep going up, just the way it is. Once you start getting some levels though money really never becomes a problem.

Despite the warning, i bought a horse lol! 14k freaking expensive, but really cool lol!

By the way, i have a Shadow Warrior, how exactly do I use the Spectral Hand combat art? I'm not really figuring out, is it a one use spell, or a short-time buff like the Killing Spree?

Hammer24

Banned
ChackanKun said:
Despite the warning, i bought a horse lol! 14k freaking expensive, but really cool lol!

You think 14k for your pony is expensive? I´m on my third tiger, the last one cost a cool 465k... :lol
My Sera hit lvl 40 - and I´m still dying in boss battles. Oh well.

Trade shop:
Have two nice set items on offer
- Dryad: Daerwain's Chest
- Inquisitor: Insignia of Deference

If you have some Sera set pieces in exchange, that´d be nice.

How the hell are random people joining my private games? F'n buggy-ass game (that I'm enjoying far too much). I've had my fill of people coming into my game and warping all over the place to start and finish quests alone. If you're gonna do that, just start your own offline game.

I don't see an ice/snowy region anywhere on the map at the wiki. That's a little disappointing, as I could use the change of scenery. Got a bit tired of looking at nothing but country road on the mainland. Booted up a Free game, took a trip out to Aerendyr, and basked in the glorious lushness of the jungle. I guess I'll go dick around Seraphim Island for a while.

Cahill

Banned
Hammer24 said:
You think 14k for your pony is expensive? I´m on my third tiger, the last one cost a cool 465k... :lol
My Sera hit lvl 40 - and I´m still dying in boss battles. Oh well.

Shit. My High Elf Unique mount got popped last night and a new one was $700K... stupid octopus boss. Going to be crazy when we're LV 100+

Zzoram said:
There aren't that many people playing this online (360). At least, not many people below level 25.

I'd gather a lot of people set up private games.

Hammer24

Banned
Cahill said:
Shit. My High Elf Unique mount got popped last night and a new one was $700K... stupid octopus boss. Going to be crazy when we're LV 100+

Yeah, exactly. Now that I started to exchange runes 1:1 I´m a little moneytight. Not to mention how craaazy expensive blacksmith costs get.
BTW: The octopus boss was one of two bosses I didn´t die... Ever tried messing with Bloodclaw? "Mini boss", my ass...

Cahill

Banned
Hammer24 said:
Yeah, exactly. Now that I started to exchange runes 1:1 I´m a little moneytight. Not to mention how craaazy expensive blacksmith costs get.
BTW: The octopus boss was one of two bosses I didn´t die... Ever tried messing with Bloodclaw? "Mini boss", my ass...

May I ask why you exchanging runes 1:1? I have 3 chars (39 H Elf, 39 Inq and 34 Ser) and have sooo many runes sitting in the bank.

I was with 3 people, Octopus sucked me in did lightning and then smacked me and my mount dropped. Thankfully I didn't die... I got one shot killed with her in the machine area about 10 levels ago (stepped onto one of the Red stars the guys shoot like a moron thinking it was a friends Bonus ring.. Augmenting whatever from the SW... it wasn't ;) ). That's her one death and I'm still whinning about it.

LOL! Haven't done Bloodclaw yet. Have to check him out.

Hammer24

Banned
Cahill said:
May I ask why you exchanging runes 1:1? I have 3 chars (39 H Elf, 39 Inq and 34 Ser) and have sooo many runes sitting in the bank.

I have two enhancements to find better loot, but since the orc region runes became extremely rare for me. This plus the refocusing from Radiant Pillar to BFG/Archangels Wrath/Flaring Nova drained me pretty fast.

When it comes to bosses, I find the story bosses much easier than the so-called "mini bosses". Especially with my Sera.

Hammer24 said:

Damn lol, i haven't even still aquired that amount of money :lol

Can someone point me the post that has the list of users playing the game? Can't find it anywhere and would like to add more people to my friend list (PSN = ChackanKun by the way).

Hammer24

Banned
There is a special thread in the online gaming forum.

On another note: game is out in the UK today. Will be nice to finally get a go with Gowans and the rest of the gang! :D

HiResDes

Cahill said:

I'd gather a lot of people set up private games.
I'm on occasionally, when I can yank myself from trying to 100% Last Remnant...My gamertag is the same as my username.

No45

ChackanKun said:
Is it even coming out? :(
Vague mumblings of the end of June across the official forums, not sure if there's been an official confirmation of the date but they have definitely confirmed it's coming.

alterno69

Banned
Tried the 360 version yesterday for the first time, couldn't play long but i have to say the graphics are awesome except for the horrible framerate when pulling the camera far away from your character, otherwise looks much better than i expected after reading some comments here.

Thrakier

Wow, the game runs perfectly fine on PS3.

I never ever saw a game in my life which teared THAT bad. Never. I can live with the choppy framerate but the tearing...woaaah.

Lain

I'm taking it extremely slow, on my way to level 10 and doing every single subquest instead of rushing to do the main quest. I'm always looting every single item that drops and that way I get full pretty fast. I love the fact that I can drop stuff AND get some money for it, even if it is less than the real value. What I'm not liking too much is the difficulty in deciding if a piece of loot is a real upgrade or not.

Sucks for the patch, I was reading the official forum, and according to a dev post (on the teamxbox forum?) the patch would come only near the end of June because Sony would not allow patch before 4 weeks after release. Seems kinda weird a bit bs, afterall many games have had patches released at launch or soon after, even Sacred 2 (I downloaded a patch that put the game to version 1.01 right away on my PS3).
Oh well.

Zzoram

Cahill said:
Second 360 patch is up. No patch notes released yet though.

Anyone notice performance improvements?

This is probably going to be the last patch. I think MSFT only allows 2 or 3 free patches before they start charging the developer.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
The "Blind Guardian" quest is great. I didn't realize they actually put the concert in the game, I thought it was just for youtube or whatever. Plus you get some sweet loot when you finish it!

Top Bottom