• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

Kauza

So, I went for a speed run on the Shadow campaign with an inquisitor. I screwed around a bit, but for the most part I stuck to only the campaign quests and took the most direct routes possible. Managed to finish in just under eight hours. So, yeah, the main quest can be finished quite quickly.
Those final bosses were a serious pain in the ass, though.

For those wondering about the differences between the light and shadow campaigns, there certainly are some. Of course, the ending is totally different. You generally visit the same places, but things play out in slightly different ways. So, sure, it's worth it to play both campaigns, but it won't be a vastly different experience.

I went back to my high elf for a while just to do some exploring on Gold. I really have to hand it to the Ascaron people. I went off on some route that I didn't figure would take me anywhere at all, and I ended up (just some location talk, but don't read if you want to discover everything fresh)
coming across this very odd area that seemed like a T-energy swamp. I went through that only to come across a dock portal that took me WAY across the map and basically right on top of some "traveling circus" where this odd creature performed tricks for me. Very strange. Anyway, this whole random journey finally took me to an area called "Libi's Pratfall" which was basically a huge series of waterfalls. Really cool stuff.
Anyway, it's just amazing how much they managed to cram into this world. It really makes it worth just randomly wandering around and discovering new things.

Gravijah

I hate to be the guy that asks for help after skimming the thread, but I'm really OCD about games like this where I have points to put out and I CAN mess up. I'm mostly just looking for things I can follow in general for stats/skills but I see myself playing a sword/shield Shadow Warrior, so anything specific to that I would appreciate as well.

GreekWolf

Gravijah said:
I hate to be the guy that asks for help after skimming the thread, but I'm really OCD about games like this where I have points to put out and I CAN mess up. I'm mostly just looking for things I can follow in general for stats/skills but I see myself playing a sword/shield Shadow Warrior, so anything specific to that I would appreciate as well.
Just from my perspective, I think the most important skills for a SW are Armor Lore, Tactics Lore, Constitution, Toughness, and then the weapon specialty of your choice (Hafted, Swords, etc). If you plan to use a shield (personally, I wouldn't recommend it, as you're already built like a tank) then you obviously want to choose that Lore as well.

Necro builds will also need Astral Lore and Astral Focus, to get the most mileage out of your skeleton pets/dmg spells. On the other hand, if you plan to just go straight up melee, without worrying about all that other nonsense, then your best bet is Death Warrior Lore and Focus.

I think most people will tell you that it's really difficult to screw up a SW build, as they're by far the most durable class and have hitpoints to burn. The only caveat would be if you're planning to pour in hundreds of hours all the way to Niobium (very few people will have time to put forth that commitment), in which case you'll need to concentrate on maxing one aspect, instead of creating a "jack-of-all-trades, master of none" type character.

Petrie

Banned
GreekWolf said:
Just from my perspective, I think the most important skills for a SW are Armor Lore, Tactics Lore, Constitution, Toughness, and then the weapon specialty of your choice (Hafted, Swords, etc). If you plan to use a shield (personally, I wouldn't recommend it, as you're already built like a tank) then you obviously want to choose that Lore as well.

Necro builds will also need Astral Lore and Astral Focus, to get the most mileage out of your skeleton pets/dmg spells. On the other hand, if you plan to just go straight up melee, without worrying about all that other nonsense, then your best bet is Death Warrior Lore and Focus.

I think most people will tell you that it's really difficult to screw up a SW build, as they're by far the most durable class and have hitpoints to burn. The only caveat would be if you're planning to pour in hundreds of hours all the way to Niobium (very few people will have time to put forth that commitment), in which case you'll need to concentrate on maxing one aspect, instead of creating a "jack-of-all-trades, master of none" type character.

I'm going to disagree with you. If you're making a necro build, tactics lore is unneeded, amd you don't need constitution and toughness, just pick one to buff up a bit for the rare occasion you take a hit. Instead grab speed lore, that way one can use spectral hand to attack, yet stay veiled by shadow veil. See more on the basics of this build here:

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/showthread.php?t=57282

Speed lore boosts spectral hand, and for a necro build, stealth would be more important than brute force. The enemies can't fight what they can't see.

Using this as my framework I beat Silver without a single death in about 25 hours at level 38, and starting gold I have been just as dominating.

GreekWolf

Petrie said:
If you're making a necro build, tactics lore is unneeded, amd you don't need constitution and toughness, just pick one to buff up a bit for the rare occasion you take a hit. Instead grab speed lore, that way one can use spectral hand to attack, yet stay veiled by shadow veil. See more on the basics of this build here:

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/showthread.php?t=57282

Speed lore boosts spectral hand, and for a necro build, stealth would be more important than brute force. The enemies can't fight what they can't see.

Using this as my framework I beat Silver without a single death in about 25 hours at level 38, and starting gold I have been just as dominating.
Yes, that's a very good build for playing through the silver/gold settings, when your pets are still formidable and can simply overwhelm most opponents while you remain cloaked. However, from what I've gathered at DarkMatters from plat/niobium players, Necros have a much more difficult task in the latter stages of the game, when wasteland mobs can typically kill you within one or two hits. That's why Constitution and Toughness are critical at higher levels, no matter which aspect you choose. Tactics Lore is just my own preference for increasing damage to end fights much quicker but, of course, investing those points in Speed is a fine alternative.

Petrie

Banned
GreekWolf said:
Yes, that's a very good build for playing through the silver/gold settings, when your pets are still formidable and can simply overwhelm most opponents while you remain cloaked. However, from what I've gathered at DarkMatters from plat/niobium players, Necros have a much more difficult task in the latter stages of the game, when wasteland mobs can typically kill you within one or two hits. That's why Constitution and Toughness are critical at higher levels, no matter which aspect you choose. Tactics Lore is just my own preference for increasing damage to end fights much quicker but, of course, investing those points in Speed is a fine alternative.

Definitely. I assume you're right about platinum and up, but I also assume most people won't ever get there, and would rather have a fun build, which is exactly what this ends up being. We'll see if I ever get past gold, but I doubt it, as starting a new build at that point would be more fun anyways.

Drek

Gravijah said:
If by sword/shield you mean a non-summoning SW then all you got to do is focus on the skills linked to what you plan to use, and do some research on the Sacred Wiki for more detailed mod effects.

My recommendation?

These skills:
1. Death Warrior Focus
2. Tactics Lore
3. Concentration
4. Weapon Type Skill (whatever you're using)
5. Armor Lore
6. Malevolent Champion Focus
7. Combat Discipline
8. Constitution
9. Toughness
10. Combat Reflexes/Spell Resistance/Shield Lore (if you're using a shield)

Obviously if you want to use a shield you'll want to bump Shield Lore in there somewhere, but I wouldn't do it before Armor Lore for sure, probably not before MC Focus, and it'd be a tough pick over Combat Discipline or Constitution really. Basically, unless you've got a bitching shield pushing you into it, put it off.

Then rune up hard on Demonic Blow (but keep it within a reasonable casting time), keep Frenzied Rampage and Scything Sweep low level, and keep Grim Resilience and Reflective Emanation up as your buffs (and use fast regens as an excuse to rune them up before any actual attacking CAs). Spam Frenzied Rampage and Scything Sweep back and forth, maybe even combo them if you want. Use Demonic Blow as your one hit kill and boss killer.

Throw together a combo of Rousing Command/Ruinous Onslaught/Killing Spree together, fire it off for big fights. Throw together another combo of Augmenting Guidon and Skeletal Fortification, use that occasionally as a whole team buff/slight damage dealing turret when you can meet a large mob in a controlled environment.

If you want to look really cool while playing, keep Belligerent Vault assigned and use it to jump in the middle of oncoming mobs, but you'll be forcing Frenzied Rampage to recharge so its not actually ideally combat effective.

I'd recommend two-handed swords or two-handed hafted weapons myself, and get the Death Warrior mount.

For Mods I'd go this order of priority.
Death Warrior
Grim Resiliance
Fortify/Discipline/Safeguard
Demonic Blow
Wounding/Poisoning/Trauma
Scything Sweep
Knockback/Intent/Hurl

Malevolent Champion
Grim Resilience
Backlash/Antimagic/Riposte (if you play alone) or Idol (if you play primarily multiplayer)
Frenzied Rampage
Double Attack/Double Strike/Envenom

Throw something that has a regen per hit bonus and you'll be spamming FR like no one's business.

Thats my personal take anyhow.

Got around to trying this out on the PC, the shadow warrior runs like he's shit himself. I'll be going mangina in this game.

Gotta love the proper euro trash CG intro as well, classic.

Lain

I'm really loving the music at the start of the game.

Is there some other resource site beside the wiki? Seems it's gonna be down for a bit and I'm a bit lost in regards to making a good build for my Seraphim.

Hazaro said:
Does regen per hit count on magic spells?

Like 2 fireballs with a 0.2s regen per hit = 0.4s regen?
I've heard that it does, but I haven't tried it out myself. Definitely works when I use a weapon - if I using Darting Assault and hit with four darts from my blowpipe, it'll reduce 4 x 0.2s regen for 0.8s total.

Xevren

I thought the update the other day added co-op trading? Maybe it was just 360 only so long as you have them signed in under a profile.

Frenck

Banned
I downloaded a title update (360 user here) before I created my first character. There isn't any offline co-op trading though, for "security reasons" apparently.

That's the only gripe worth mentioning that I have at the moment. Great game, very addicting and I'm playing it with a Sacred veteran which makes it twice as awesome as it already is.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So I came to that Kobold boss as a fire high elf and could not do enough damage to outdo his regen.

Everything was a cakewalk until him. I'm OHKOing everything my level with that fire spread.

I can even tank him with potions, but his regen is too high. Tried different weapons and mixing in ice but nope.

Defineitely turned me off for now, I think I was level 23?

Giard

Hazaro said:
So I came to that Kobold boss as a fire high elf and could do enough damage to outdo his regen.

Everything was a cakewalk until him. I'm OHKOing everything my level with that fire spread.

I can even tank him with potions, but his regen is too high. Tried different weapons and mixing in ice but nope.

Blazing Tempest is unbelievably powerful for me as well. Level 23 too.

ok lemme see if ive got this right:

You eat runes to update you combat arts (which are your spells/attacks/buffs)
You hotkey these to your face buttons with LT and RT acting as shift keys for 2 more sets of hotkeys (3 sets of 4 total), with the dpad for potion spamming (yay diablo!)
Combination's are basically 1 button that will do a set combo in order, but lets say you have attacks that regenerate at different rates for this combo, the entire combo doesnt regenerate untill the slowest attack in it is regen'd correct?
Too many runes will make your regen time too high unless you raise the right attribute that reduces regen time? (which one is this? or is each one different for each art/class?)

and some weapons/armor have slots which you can insert something that basically buffs/enchant it?

i still get confused as to how to compare this sword with the one im using though using the ui....

i think im gonna go sword and shield with a SW since necro isnt good end game?

I'm not in love with this as much as you guys.
It has its addictive charm.. but the game is far too clunky to be immensely enjoyable.
The UI is incredibly counter-intitutive. Selling and looking at your loot takes far too long.The graphics are pretty bleh on my 1080p tv. The music (esp. the indirect rip of Tristam Theme hehe) is solid except for when the battle music gets cued up every 3 seconds. The gameplay is traditionally hack-n-slash with a lot of customization than usual but no real draw beyond that. Now, I'm only level 15 or so and 3.5 hours in but I don't love what I've played so far. It's just too... flawed for my liking. I'll try some MP now.

mujun

so i made it to what i assume is near
the boss in the wastelands (ring with 4 locked doors to the centre of the ring)

how do i get in?

mujun said:
so i made it to what i assume is near
the boss in the wastelands (ring with 4 locked doors to the centre of the ring)

how do i get in?
There are two consoles with switches that you have to activate. You should see them (one at a time) on the mini-map, but they can be annoying to get to.

mujun

Cornballer said:
There are two consoles with switches that you have to activate. You should see them (one at a time) on the mini-map, but they can be annoying to get to.

whoops, i must have missed them. weird considering i tried to bash every console i saw. are they in the room called "the great machine" or something like that?

thanks.

DevelopmentArrested said:
I'm not in love with this as much as you guys.
It has its addictive charm.. but the game is far too clunky to be immensely enjoyable.
The UI is incredibly counter-intitutive. Selling and looking at your loot takes far too long.The graphics are pretty bleh on my 1080p tv. The music (esp. the indirect rip of Tristam Theme hehe) is solid except for when the battle music gets cued up every 3 seconds. The gameplay is traditionally hack-n-slash with a lot of customization than usual but no real draw beyond that. Now, I'm only level 15 or so and 3.5 hours in but I don't love what I've played so far. It's just too... flawed for my liking. I'll try some MP now.

its a good tide me over tho, till the new diablo 2 patch / diablo 3 (ok who am I kidding i want diablo 3 now, but still...)

and for consoles that really havent had games like this since ... norrath? its decent. It does suffer from the euro dev syndrome imo.... (so does witcher, to a degree, you just feel like something isnt quite right :lol )

mujun said:
whoops, i must have missed them. weird considering i tried to bash every console i saw. are they in the room called "the great machine" or something like that?

thanks.
I think that's what it's called. Should be a huge circular structure. Activate the main quest and there should be a marker where the first switch is. Once you toggle that, the marker will move and be closer to the center. Hit the 2nd one and you should be able to enter the final room.

mujun

Cornballer said:
I think that's what it's called. Should be a huge circular structure. Activate the main quest and there should be a marker where the first switch is. Once you toggle that, the marker will move and be closer to the center. Hit the 2nd one and you should be able to enter the final room.

so im going to have to be in that area pursuing the main quest? im back in the human lands on the main quest path...

Hazaro said:
So I came to that Kobold boss as a fire high elf and could not do enough damage to outdo his regen.

My ice elf was finally able to beat him around lvl 20 or so. I used Frost Flare to slow him down and keep him from running around enough for his health to regenerate. Also, it has damage over time, which really just served to slow his regen. Then I spammed Glacial Thorns and Cobalt Strike to take him down over like 10 minutes. Oh, and Grand Invigorate + Crystal Skin is so amazing. I didn't really have to worry about taking damage myself.

The payoff was not so great though. Only 1k exp, which I can get from some normal mob creatures, and no great items. Still felt good.

Also... I think my save is fucked. My xbox does NOT want me to play this game. :( so disheartening. Fix your shit Ascaron!! :(

edit: so I was able to load my save, after not being able to this afternoon. I've only lost an hour or two of progress.

Giard

I posted earlier that I would take Damage Lore on my pyro HE because it would greatly increase burning damage...nevermind that. It is a secondary offensive skill, meaning I would have to take something like Staff Lore or Swords Lore to get to use Damage Lore. I'll be replacing it with Combat Discipline, which seems pretty powerful too.

Drek

Lain said:
I'm really loving the music at the start of the game.

Is there some other resource site beside the wiki? Seems it's gonna be down for a bit and I'm a bit lost in regards to making a good build for my Seraphim.
Other than forums? Not much. But the official forums are a great place to start there if you're interested.

As for a Seraphim, I think her more than any other class you want to go into with a set path in mind. She's super versatile in what direction you can take her, but you can find yourself regretting a skill selection very early on if you change direction.

A BeeEffGee build is pretty awesome for example, where its your primary weapon and you just decimate from range, using Exhaulted Warrior combat arts. But if you want to melee then you might want to go Exhaulted Warrior as your primary aspect with a touch of Celestial Magic on the side, or even Revered Technology and pass up on BeeEffGee to use Archangel's Wrath as your long range hit while hacking in melee. Celestial Magic has enough going on with it too that you could probably even make a devout spell casting Seraphim who would be respectable.

The Wiki is still up as far as I can see, here's the Seraphim page:
http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Seraphim

She's easily the most popular class so its easy to find tons of tips and explanations of her abilities on there.

Hazaro said:
Does regen per hit count on magic spells?

Like 2 fireballs with a 0.2s regen per hit = 0.4s regen?
Only if the combat art uses your weapon modifiers. All weapons based CAs will (obviously), and the Temple Guardian's arm gun (along with associated CAs) does as well. I'm pretty sure the Sera's Archangel's Wrath does (since it fires out of her weapon), but I don't know about fireballs, if you get a weapon with decent % to poison, stun, etc. then try it out and by all means, report back. Would be great to know.

ZombieSupaStar said:
ok lemme see if ive got this right:

You eat runes to update you combat arts (which are your spells/attacks/buffs)
You hotkey these to your face buttons with LT and RT acting as shift keys for 2 more sets of hotkeys (3 sets of 4 total), with the dpad for potion spamming (yay diablo!)
Combination's are basically 1 button that will do a set combo in order, but lets say you have attacks that regenerate at different rates for this combo, the entire combo doesnt regenerate untill the slowest attack in it is regen'd correct?
Too many runes will make your regen time too high unless you raise the right attribute that reduces regen time? (which one is this? or is each one different for each art/class?)

and some weapons/armor have slots which you can insert something that basically buffs/enchant it?

i still get confused as to how to compare this sword with the one im using though using the ui....

i think im gonna go sword and shield with a SW since necro isnt good end game?
Necro only begins to suffer if you're going to be playing up to Platinum (probably only late game then) and Niobium. Thats a hundred plus hours with one character, so its not like you should be sweating those kinds of build ramifications unless you plan on putting in that much time.

Combos: Seems to me like an average of the regen times, I've seen a couple buffs I combo'd together regen faster than the slowest in the group, so you can kinda game that part of the system if you check your numbers as you go.

You pretty much got the rest of it down, just a tip though, weapons based boosts to CAs only have 1/2 the regen penalty of actually leveling it up, and the power player's general rule of thumb is that raising the actual level of a buff has a better payoff for the regen penalty than raising an attacking CA, which should instead be boosted with equipment.

You can fix regen times primarily with skills and gear. Avoid gear with huge regen penalties, unless your Armor Lore is high enough to off-set. Concentration and the Focus skills reduce CA regen time (the later only for the aspect they are the focus of). Some other skills have some situational reducers as well (Combat Discipline reduces recharge on combos for example).

You can slot things like magic pearls and poison fangs into grey slots and up, runes can go in bronze slots and up, rings can go in silver and up, and amulets an only go in gold. If they fix blacksmithing you can slide all of that done one I believe, but currently on the consoles it doesn't work.

The game is best played with some serious experimentation though. Don't be afraid to build new characters. I got my Temple Guardian up to level 25 in about 12 hours of game time, if that, over just a weekend. Just make sure whenever you're going to start someone new that you put enough good loot in the hero box to stock him up with hand-me-downs to help him power level. I'll probably build a melee Sera two-handed sword user next weekend and she'll be walking into a free Dwendorik's Vanquisher at level 12, Lorga's Sword at level 22, and another Dwendorik's Vanquisher at level 26. She's constantly be pimping a unique power sword, not to mention the armor, potions, runes, etc. that I can hand down to her.

This is why my first build of nearly any class has taken Enhanced Perception, I'm pumping out quality drops for all classes now and stocking the hero box with great gear of every level. When I go back to make a power build I can level the guy like nothing and keep him constantly stocked with excellent gear.

Giard

I just did some local co-op, my partner received the items I traded, I did not receive her items. And of course, it saved automatically to prevent duping.

So be wary of local trading :(

Lain

Drek said:
Other than forums? Not much. But the official forums are a great place to start there if you're interested.

As for a Seraphim, I think her more than any other class you want to go into with a set path in mind. She's super versatile in what direction you can take her, but you can find yourself regretting a skill selection very early on if you change direction.

A BeeEffGee build is pretty awesome for example, where its your primary weapon and you just decimate from range, using Exhaulted Warrior combat arts. But if you want to melee then you might want to go Exhaulted Warrior as your primary aspect with a touch of Celestial Magic on the side, or even Revered Technology and pass up on BeeEffGee to use Archangel's Wrath as your long range hit while hacking in melee. Celestial Magic has enough going on with it too that you could probably even make a devout spell casting Seraphim who would be respectable.

The Wiki is still up as far as I can see, here's the Seraphim page:
http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Seraphim

She's easily the most popular class so its easy to find tons of tips and explanations of her abilities on there.

Nice tips there, thanks.
Yes, the wiki is now up again, yesterday I was getting bandwidth limit exceed error when conecting to it.

Gravijah

This game is the fucking shit. Got my Shadow Warrior up to level 8 this morning and I'm just having so much fun... Plus I love how they give you crappy looking equipment and then bam, within 30 minutes to an hour you look badass.

PacoDG

All right, after spending a couple of weeks with this game, I wrote up something for complete noobs to this game (which includes myself):

A Beginners Guide to Sacred 2
- http://www.bingegamer.net/2009/a-beginners-guide-to-sacred-2/

* If you can, copy the game to your hard drive. Disc loading times on a game this large ie expected, so save yourself the time by copying the game before even starting your file.

* Don’t start on “Bronze” (easy difficulty.. which is far too easy), pick “Silver” and go from there.

* Pick a character you want, dark, light, focusing on magic, physical attacks, whatever. Just make sure whoever you pick, you stick with it. Here is some quick links so you know what you are getting into:
The list of the six characters
The list of the six Gods/Deities
The list of all the combat arts (possibly the most important, as you progress, you will want to have a good focus on what kind of character you are making, to ensure they are as strong as possible).

* Accept every side quest that is available (you will tell as the NPC’s will have little question marks above their head). You can do as many as you want in whatever order you want. Even if you choose to do the main quest, there is no reason to just queue up a bunch of quests on the side for extra XP and gold.

* Even if you choose not to do side quests, at the very least, make sure to do the Blind Guardian quest (yes, the metal band). You not only get a kick ass set of weapons (mic, drum stick, guitars), but you also get to see a concert.

* The other quest that is a ‘must do’ is get yourself an exclusive mount. Screw horses, each character has their own special means of travel, so click here for the best guide I’ve seen on this, and do the quest sooner than later (they are a god send for speeding across the vast lands).

* Hold down your combat button, don’t press repeatedly (you may learn this by yourself, but just in case, I’m letting you know now, just hold the buttons down).

* Turn the “Gore” on (it was off by default for me, so just go through the options and turn in on, games need blood!)

* If you see tombstones/graves, read them all, some of the funniest jokes are their random quotes (they range from WC Fields to Zsa Zsa Gabor, no kidding).

* When you get runes, read what they do before using them. As said above, know what you want to focus on as far as magic, combat arts, etc and choose what runes you wish to use accordingly (Click here for the rune listings for each character).

* Similar to runes, as you gain XP, you are allowed to up your personal skills. Read up on the skills so you know what you want to focus to be.

----

Agree/disagree with this? I tried to keep it basic, the game really doesn't explain a lot, and learning on your own almost forces you to start a quest with a second character to correct things you might have otherwise done differently.

Drek

PacoDG said:
All right, after spending a couple of weeks with this game, I wrote up something for complete noobs to this game (which includes myself):

A Beginners Guide to Sacred 2
- http://www.bingegamer.net/2009/a-beginners-guide-to-sacred-2/

* If you can, copy the game to your hard drive. Disc loading times on a game this large ie expected, so save yourself the time by copying the game before even starting your file.

* Don’t start on “Bronze” (easy difficulty.. which is far too easy), pick “Silver” and go from there.

* Pick a character you want, dark, light, focusing on magic, physical attacks, whatever. Just make sure whoever you pick, you stick with it. Here is some quick links so you know what you are getting into:
The list of the six characters
The list of the six Gods/Deities
The list of all the combat arts (possibly the most important, as you progress, you will want to have a good focus on what kind of character you are making, to ensure they are as strong as possible).

* Accept every side quest that is available (you will tell as the NPC’s will have little question marks above their head). You can do as many as you want in whatever order you want. Even if you choose to do the main quest, there is no reason to just queue up a bunch of quests on the side for extra XP and gold.

* Even if you choose not to do side quests, at the very least, make sure to do the Blind Guardian quest (yes, the metal band). You not only get a kick ass set of weapons (mic, drum stick, guitars), but you also get to see a concert.

* The other quest that is a ‘must do’ is get yourself an exclusive mount. Screw horses, each character has their own special means of travel, so click here for the best guide I’ve seen on this, and do the quest sooner than later (they are a god send for speeding across the vast lands).

* Hold down your combat button, don’t press repeatedly (you may learn this by yourself, but just in case, I’m letting you know now, just hold the buttons down).

* Turn the “Gore” on (it was off by default for me, so just go through the options and turn in on, games need blood!)

* If you see tombstones/graves, read them all, some of the funniest jokes are their random quotes (they range from WC Fields to Zsa Zsa Gabor, no kidding).

* When you get runes, read what they do before using them. As said above, know what you want to focus on as far as magic, combat arts, etc and choose what runes you wish to use accordingly (Click here for the rune listings for each character).

* Similar to runes, as you gain XP, you are allowed to up your personal skills. Read up on the skills so you know what you want to focus to be.

----

Agree/disagree with this? I tried to keep it basic, the game really doesn't explain a lot, and learning on your own almost forces you to start a quest with a second character to correct things you might have otherwise done differently.
Solid write-up. There is a ton more depth to the game, but really anyone interested in that needs to get at least a half dozen hours or more under their belts before they'll really even begin to understand that stuff.

The most important thing is experimentation and trying out theoretical builds. Thats a little bit of a pain because you can't respect a character, so you're really basically starting over if you don't like something, but it really causes you to dig in and figure out how things will interact before you just start throwing points down the drain. Great loot whore title with some very in depth character building.

Tom Penny

The town Griffinborough in the game has worse framerate of any console game I've played this gen. Truly atrocious and almost making me want to sell the game. Its ridiculous.

GreekWolf

Tom Penny said:
The town Griffinborough in the game has worse framerate of any console game I've played this gen. Truly atrocious and almost making me want to sell the game. Its ridiculous.
If you think that's bad, just wait until you experience the Swirling Mist of Miasma. Two words - slide show.

Xevren

Miasma was just a stupid design, and the fact you have to fight it multiple times is even worse. I dread every moment I have to go to Griffinsborough, that damn spinning disc icon at the top makes me die inside every time as I run into an imaginary wall.

mujun

is this normal? i had the most kick ass armor possible for my guy (level 30ish shadow warrior) which had an armor value of 90 or there abouts. i had probably seen about 200 chest plates in my whole time playing ranging from like 10 up to 85.

my mate gets on, level 26 seraphim and he gave me a set that is like armor value 260!!

my jaw dropped to say the least...

PuMa

mujun said:
is this normal? i had the most kick ass armor possible for my guy (level 30ish shadow warrior) which had an armor value of 90 or there abouts. i had probably seen about 200 chest plates in my whole time playing ranging from like 10 up to 85.

my mate gets on, level 26 seraphim and he gave me a set that is like armor value 260!!

my jaw dropped to say the least...

Pretty normal, yeah. There is a shit-ton of loot in this game.

PuMa

mujun said:
sweet, im hanging out for a massive step up weapon :)

What system are you playing on? I've got a bunch of uniques saved up, and I would be willing to give you one if there is something particular you are looking for.

Finally i've received my copy of the game! Been questing with a friend of mine and it's great :D

Still getting the hang of the interface but it's pretty sweet :D

Created an open game and already a bunch of people joined lol

Edit: Okay, so we logged out to grab some food then entered the game again. I made Continue Game and was going to invite my friend and i just couldn't, the option is grey'd out :|

Also, if i make Start Game it's like i start a new game, quests etc all reset to zero :S

Any way to record our progress, leave the game and then continue from where i left it?

mujun

PuMa said:
What system are you playing on? I've got a bunch of uniques saved up, and I would be willing to give you one if there is something particular you are looking for.

thanks man, that would be awesome... im guessing you are on the ps3 though, right? im playing on the 360.

Is there a way I can reregister this game to my system. I tried reinstalling but everytime I go to update with 2.40 it says Fallen angel could not be located reinstall and try to run patch again...

what am i missing here?

Kauza

Apparently the game thinks that I need three Ancrid's Blades, because that's how many it has dropped for me in the past few days.

In other news, I've started an Ancrid's Blade black market. Get 'em while they're hot.

Xevren

That's nothing I have 7 damn Garment of the Celestials! I just noticed I need one more piece to finish a set for my Seraphim, gloves of the Niocaste or something like that.

Top Bottom