• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

quetz67

Banned
mujun said:
this game strikes me as the type of game where bugs and the like wont impact the fun factor too much.
So if you cant complete the main quest because of some stupid plot stopping bug thats not too bad? It is not that bad with the PC version of Sacred 2 luckily but in Sacred 1 that was pretty common, so lets hope it wont happen in the console versions of Sacred 2.

mujun

quetz67 said:
So if you cant complete the main quest because of some stupid plot stopping bug thats not too bad? It is not that bad with the PC version of Sacred 2 luckily but in Sacred 1 that was pretty common, so lets hope it wont happen in the console versions of Sacred 2.

like i said, "wont impact the fun factor."

its an open world game, made by a small dev, ported from a pc version which is apparently quite buggy. sounds to me like i should resign myself to their being at least some bugs ill run into. not going to stop me from getting it though, ive been looking forward to it for quite a while now.

bjaelke

Why are you expecting that many errors? They did implement all the PC patches and have delayed it several times to "finalize the product". It's no AAA title, but I'm certain the delays have been a benefit for the game.

Loudninja

I really want to get this game is the online co-op fun?

Edit:By the way are most of the problems you guys had for the game fix?

I live in the UK and am really tempted to pass on the 360 version since it's not out here until 5th June and just import the ps3 version. Hope the 360 version turns out to be region free.

bjaelke

MoxManiac said:
Supposedly (earlier?) preview build had framerate problems. I hope they fixed that with the delay and all.
This has been addressed according to the official forum. They made a post about it back in January - a month before the original release.

Thrakier

I would be surprised if this game has no framerate problems. At least the PS3 version will probably run like shit. I mean it's Ascaron, the game runs like shit on a PC too...

Thrakier

Yes, 360 probably will be fine. But if a dev like Capcom can't bring RE5 with a constant framerate to the PS3, Ascaron is probably not able to do this either...

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Thrakier said:
Yes, 360 probably will be fine. But if a dev like Capcom can't bring RE5 with a constant framerate to the PS3, Ascaron is probably not able to do this either...
You're right, I'll wait to hear impressions.

bjaelke

I just got a txt saying that Sacred 2 has been pirated :( Not sure what platform but I assume he's refering to the 360 version (that's the only console he has). I guess it's inevitable to avoid piracy but it really sucks considering what has happened at Ascaron in the past few weeks.

Kauza

Not particularly exciting, but Gamestop is offering a free "Carrier Imp" with preorders. Appears to apply to the Xbox 360 version only. Why? Who knows...

Reserve Sacred 2: Fallen Angel and receive a special code to unlock the GameStop Exclusive Carrier Imp, an in-game "pet" that provides extra inventory storage for players. The Carrier Imp can be summoned by the player whenever needed to store excess loot and equipment, and deliver items to the player. Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.

Gamestop Link

Hammer24

Banned
BTW, it looks like the LE will hit a week earlier than the regular edition.

And Bjaelke - this pirating shit is a shame!

bjaelke

Kauza said:
Not particularly exciting, but Gamestop is offering a free "Carrier Imp" with preorders. Appears to apply to the Xbox 360 version only. Why? Who knows...

Gamestop Link
I have the imp for the PC version. I can't imagine playing without it. The mobs drop more loot on average than those in Diablo, so you'll fill your inventory pretty fast.

Thrakier

Game got 82% in the german Gamepro. Only the 360 version though. They said, that the framerate is shit and that it has quite some tearing. This, my fellow PS3 owners, should make you fear the ps3 version. :D

DeadGzuz

Banned
Thrakier said:
Game got 82% in the german Gamepro. Only the 360 version though. They said, that the framerate is shit and that it has quite some tearing. This, my fellow PS3 owners, should make you fear the ps3 version. :D

One developer at B3D (BT) said he had the PS3 running at 1080P before the 360, so it may be the better version, but I suspect you were just trolling.

Thrakier

I'm not trolling at all, I want this game, I want it to run smooth and I would prefer to buy it for PS3. But I think there is absoultly ZERO chance that this game runs better on PS3. Ascaron even sucks at making a good PC engine, they obviously didn't do a good job at porting it to 360 and now the best version should be on PS3? Never ever.

HiResDes

DeadGzuz said:
One developer at B3D (BT) said he had the PS3 running at 1080P before the 360, so it may be the better version, but I suspect you were just trolling.
I don't even care about 1080p, I just care about 30 constant FPS.

bjaelke

Thrakier said:
I'm not trolling at all, I want this game, I want it to run smooth and I would prefer to buy it for PS3. But I think there is absoultly ZERO chance that this game runs better on PS3. Ascaron even sucks at making a good PC engine, they obviously didn't do a good job at porting it to 360 and now the best version should be on PS3? Never ever.
wat

Thrakier said:
As suspected... Damn shame. I can't stand a shitty framerate AND tearing so I will most likely cancel my pre-order.

bjaelke

They don't care about the PS3 version. You should know that by now. Check the official console forum...it's hosted by teamxbox :lol

Thrakier said:
Game got 82% in the german Gamepro.
Only the 360 version though. T
hey said, that the framerate is shit and that it has quite some tearing.

If it was really that bad, it wouldn't have scored so high.
An 80% is a pretty good mark for an oldschool game like this, sporting less-than-impressive graphics compared to AAA titles.

Is the review online? I'd like to see the actual wording.
Screen tearing only really bothers me in racing games where your eyes are glued to one spot on the road ahead of you...typically where the tearing occurs.
I barely noticed it in 360 Fable2 and Far Cry2, for instance.

Raide

The Screwattack video makes Sacred 2 look pretty smooth. I think combat wise, this type of game is always going to get repetitive but as long as the co-op is solid, the loot is plentiful and varied and the challenge is there, it should be top fun.

Hammer24

Banned
PuMa said:

A couple of retailers have the CE for May 29th, and the reg edition for June 5th. Business decision?

And do we have any confirmation whatsoever if this is region locked or not?

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Is there some form of friends list build into the online portion?

Patiently waiting for my friend to mail me a copy (He bought 3:D ) Just been playing the demo to pass the time.

Any class recommendation for maximum nuking/coolness. I plan to read this thread fully if its already listed. Ive only played the seraphim so far and she seems pretty tough.

bjaelke

Some developer said it wasn't region locked on the Sacred 2 forum. It was some time ago so it could have been changed with the reason date change. Only one way to find out...

Top Bottom