• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
OMGGGGGGG all 200 episodes on Bluray in North America, even Stars???? Sailor Moon is my first anime love, what a great show

I'll finally get to see my favorite arc, the 6 episode Nehelenia arc at the start of Stars in HD!!!!! :*) sooooooooooo happy :)

I thougt that was a Canadian TV sort of thing.

So, Cast Speculation?

It sort of works both ways in some instances in which this happens to fall into. Sucks but hopefully they get it together.

I got on Twitter earlier and said I want Kyle Hebert as Dr. Tomoe. They need him brooding with some hinges loose and he'd be perfect.

Erin Fitzgerald as Haruka & Laura Bailey as Michiru.

Cristina Vee will be in the mix somehow. Her or Christine Cabanos would be a good fit for Chibi-Usa.

I do wonder who did they get for Usagi? Who they chose is going to have to carry a whole show and evolve that character as she grows up. Hope they're up to the task of it all.

cj_iwakura

I loved the uncensored bit right over Michiru and Haruka. I wonder how the script will go.

Are they redoing the sub's, too? ADV's weren't bad.

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon R 78
tumblr_meqsb51Lx71ro8ba4o1_400.gif

NURSE MINAKO! Everyone is sick, so it's up to Minako to help everyone get through their illness. A foreshadowing of her awesome extreme personality that leads to some of the best episodes of S and SuperS.

tumblr_meqofl1HqS1ro8ba4o1_400.gif

Minako is so athletic! I'm pretty sure in the Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon special she even knocks out a baddie with a single kick in her human form, and we just see her doing awesome movements like this in the anime.

If you say so, Minako.

Yukiari

Oh my, Oh my my, I'm so unbelievably happy. I've been looking to buy this series for so long. I even have most of the VHS releases.

GO Viz!

Hee, I was at work tonight and 2 of my regulars came in, immediately I asked them if they heard the news about the releases and they got super excited. Apparently they didn't see the part where Stars was also being released. After that another random customer chimed in about how excited he was and we had a good 10 min talk about Sailor Moon, it was great. Gotta love working at a game store sometimes.

Pluto

I'd like to see some of their Blu-Ray footage, I doubt it's really HD, they're most likely just upscaling, but it could still look quite good but I have to see it in motion, I don't trust screenshots.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Some years ago I used AnimeNation to trade in my copies of the Memorial Music Box and the Memorial Song Box for $5 store credit per disc.

Now I see the going prices for those sets and weep.
Then I remember the backups I made and feel less bad. *whistle*

Cheerilee

I'd like to see some of their Blu-Ray footage, I doubt it's really HD, they're most likely just upscaling, but it could still look quite good but I have to see it in motion, I don't trust screenshots.

I just mentioned in the other thread before looking at this one...

Viz said:
they've developed a way to not just do the inverse telecine but to really remaster that video.

Inverse telecine = De-interlace.

Cels weren't interlaced. Film wasn't interlaced. DVD is.

Viz's BluRay source is DVD.

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon R 79
tumblr_mesg61UQPA1ro8ba4o1_500.png

Upon realizing that he going to become the butt-monkey of the show, Artemis escapes and ends up at an animal shelter that the enemy is attacking. Kind of a meh episode. I like Artemis, but more so when he interacts with Minako as opposed to Luna.

On keeping track of appearances, I wasn't sure who to award this to. It's clearly more based off the cats, but my list is only for the Senshi. Given that Usagi and Minako do get a bit more screen time than the rest, I can count it as half a point. Kind of works as it fixes the only tiebreaker left.

Conan-san

J3fLoff.png

All that dust on a computer; even in death the Dark Kingdom wields a heavy hand.

Actually Whilst I'm on this track;
rZ0WNqc.png

Given this is supposed to be 1992 at the latest, no, Luna, no it's not.

Conan-san

Usagi actually is supposed to be a little chubby even if the art doesn't convey that, IIRC.

Given how she eats she really should be.

Edit: Ok, Which genius for the bad guys thought "Let's cast Haste on everyone" was going to work? Cuz that guy needs to be fired out of a cannon into the sun.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Given this is supposed to be 1992 at the latest, no, Luna, no it's not.
The Apple II had been around for a decade at thar point and Macs for just a bit less. Windows 3.1 came out in 1992. I was in computer labs playing Oregon Trail about that time! The expectation that kids learn this stuff was certainly there for me in grade school.

Syrinx

I may need a Sailor Moon avatar now with the licensing announcement. But I don't know what I should use. Do my work for me, Sailor Moon-GAF.

KDash made some avatars earlier.

Damn, you beat me to it. :p

I think Sailor Moon herself is the only one that isn't in use/wasn't claimed by someone for future use, though.

There's also the PGSM ones I made last year:

3oRxt2l.png
4FHqmwz.png
M4856T8.png
yPxmd0P.png
mCLPwRq.png
CaWVXIL.png
tFaFSv8.png

I think that only Mercury is being used right now.

I can make more, though, if you guys want.

Damn, you beat me to it. :p

I think Sailor Moon herself is the only one that isn't in use/wasn't claimed by someone for future use, though.

There's also the PGSM ones I made last year:

3oRxt2l.png
4FHqmwz.png
M4856T8.png
yPxmd0P.png
mCLPwRq.png
CaWVXIL.png
tFaFSv8.png

I think that only Mercury is being used right now.

I can make more, though, if you guys want.

I think someone IS using that Mercury. I'll take Sailor Luna too btw.

I think someone IS using that Mercury. I'll take Sailor Luna too btw.

That's what I said, that only that one was being used... :V

The only people that were using any other PGSM avatars stopped using them awhile back.

I might make more avatars later, though I'm not sure what images to use yet.

The first four episodes are now available for streaming on Hulu!

http://www.hulu.com/sailor-moon

I was gonna watch another episode of something else, but maybe I'll take a little break and check out how Viz Media's version of Sailor Moon is.

Stealth Edit:
First 4 episodes of Sailor Moon is now up on Hulu:
http://www.hulu.com/sailor-moon

So it should take less than a year if they put up 4 episodes each week?

I think it's two episodes each week after this.

Hmm...I don't remember ever seeing this version of the opening, where the girls don't remove the veils over them as they pass by the screen. And here I thought that only the later seasons made little changes like that to the opening as time passed!

Also, these are some really tiny subtitles. :O

So far, no honorifics.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The bitrate is too low to handle the transformation sequence without macroblocking, but again, while there are other flaws in the picture it's mostly out of being a stream encode.

Top Bottom