• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row 2 |OT|

madmook

I am trading this back in. Nobody mentioned the twitchy/janky controls (360 version). I don't remember the first SR being like this. =(

I also don't like the graphics. And the iffy framerate. And the vehicle handling.

Linkhero1

raYne said:
Go to the cashier and aim at them normally (not in fine aim), it'll begin after a few seconds.
I liked opening up the safe :(

madmook said:
I am trading this back in. Nobody mentioned the twitchy/janky controls (360 version). I don't remember the first SR being like this. =(

I also don't like the graphics. And the iffy framerate. And the vehicle handling.

I haven't had any problems with the controls. It plays the same as the first one.

MMaRsu

madmook said:

lulz

raYne

Linkhero1 said:
I liked opening up the safe :(
Oh.. THAT. Yeah, I think they took that out, but I haven't actually tried.

madmook said:
Lack of coordination.. and memory.. ftl.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
raYne said:
Oh.. THAT. Yeah, I think they took that out, but I haven't actually tried.
Ugh, now I'm going to have to check for myself. Hopefully it's still in, it'd be awesome for coop

eXistor

I'm not a big SR fan (I only kinda liked the first). I've played a bit of SR2 and in a lot of ways this is a pretty bad game. The graphics are pretty horrible by any standards, they're just plain ugly. The controls are pretty bad as well, there's just no feeling to it, very janky. But on the other hand the game is pretty fun to play, it just doesn't take itself seriously at all and that is its biggest plus so far. It doesn't compare to GTAIV in any way (GTAIV is way better), but it's a fun little in-between game, nothing more.

MMaRsu

eXistor said:
I'm not a big SR fan (I only kinda liked the first). I've played a bit of SR2 and in a lot of ways this is a pretty bad game. The graphics are pretty horrible by any standards, they're just plain ugly. The controls are pretty bad as well, there's just no feeling to it, very janky. But on the other hand the game is pretty fun to play, it just doesn't take itself seriously at all and that is its biggest plus so far. It doesn't compare to GTAIV in any way (GTAIV is way better), but it's a fun little in-between game, nothing more.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

That's why it got all them 9's eh?
:lol dude you are crazy.

Nozdeuce

Linkhero1 said:
I tried several stores and couldn't do it. :(
Ugh yeah, looks like they did take it out. Looks like most new stores don't have back doors or safes. Also seems like you can't stick up stores you own. =/

Linkhero1

Nozdeuce said:
Ugh yeah, looks like they did take it out. Looks like most new stores don't have back doors or safes. Also seems like you can't stick up stores you own. =/
Well if they do plan on making another entry for the series we know what to complain to them about :p

I really hope they read the message boards to see what we want in and out.

Movement

Sons of Samedi spoiler
That was so awesome when you cut off Mr. Sunshines head, I honestly didnt think they'd show it:lol

Nozdeuce

Linkhero1 said:
Well if they do plan on making another entry for the series we know what to complain to them about :p

I really hope they read the message boards to see what we want in and out.
Well they did say they were going to look at feedback. So far the feedback from this thread has been pretty sketchy though, people who didn't like 1 don't like 2. People who played a little SR1 and all of GTA4 think the latter is better while SR2 is more "fun". Seemingly very few brave PS3 owners have taken a shot at SR2 after missing out on 1.

They did make some really weird changes for SR2 though. Robbing stores at night may not have been the most fun activity from SR1, but with full coop it could have been so much more fun (someone watching the doors while you crack the safe then blasting the two of you out of the store and to the getaway car for an epic escape).

Also wow, while writing this post was idling my car blasting The Final Countdown Radio 85.5 and about 17 pimps just shot up 3 of my gang members :lol

Linkhero1

Nozdeuce said:
Also wow, while writing this post was idling my car blasting The Final Countdown Radio 85.5 and about 17 pimps just shot up 3 of my gang members :lol
:lol :lol

I'm going to send them an e-mail after I finish the game. :p

Nozdeuce

Linkhero1 said:
:lol :lol

I'm going to send them an e-mail after I finish the game. :p
To be honest after GTA4 I'm just glad this game wasnt 100% centered around going from point A to B and shooting at all the Red Arrows time and time again. It really didn't have to do much to surpass my expectations, but I'm glad it did. It's a fantastic spiritual successor to GTASA and a solid improvement over SR1 (ala Vice City over GTA3)

Edit: Hopefully we get more hair, none of the current hair options does my Don Johnson justice =/

Pimpbaa

dskillzhtown said:
Word.

It is alot of fun, but could use a shit load of polish.

Hopefully they will fix up some stuff in patch and include an option to turn off the ugly filtering (I call it the "make the game look like it's being played on a fucked up old crt" filter).

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
madmook said:

Hopefully the PC version won't have any of those issues.

MMaRsu

Amir0x said:
if i play will your evil possessed 360 implode mine again :mad:

Shit dude I sure hope not :x. I played with raYne earlier today for a couple of hours without any crashes though...

I'll be online soon :)

Hootie

Wow...the whole mission with *POST-ENDING SPOILERS*
Julius having him help you escape after being set up by Dex and then you killing him without him being able to give a good explanation was pretty shocking. My character sounded very pompous and arrogant, which annoyed me. Oh well, great game anyway!

Also, I'm very surprised that
you never got to get revenge on Troy at any point in the game. In fact, I can actually call him up and have him as my "homie" if I want (WTF?! :lol)
Now I'm off to cause general havoc around Stilwater. :D

MMaRsu

Hootie said:
Wow...the whole mission with *POST-ENDING SPOILERS*
Julius having him help you escape after being set up by Dex and then you killing him without him being able to give a good explanation was pretty shocking. My character sounded very pompous and arrogant, which annoyed me. Oh well, great game anyway!

Also, I'm very surprised that
you never got to get revenge on Troy at any point in the game. In fact, I can actually call him up and have him as my "homie" if I want (WTF?! :lol)
Now I'm off to cause general havoc around Stilwater. :D

You can actually do that mission whenever you want, I just did it last night...without even having taken caren of samedi and brotherhood

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
George said:
ARRGH! there is a glitch on one of the Ronin missions :(
on the mission laundry day once you bring the car and the gun to the lady and she starts driving she pulls a hard right and drives straight into the wall... backs up and then speeds right back into the wall she does the repeatedly until the car explodes
i have redone the mission from the start and from checkpoint like 10 times but its the same thing every time!

EDIT:
ok she didn't hit the wall this time... instead she did 100mph right into the water
:lol

anyone else having this problem?

Not the wall part, but she drove into every thing else and I died probably 5-6 times doing the mission.

edit: the two thing that truly annoys me

vanishing cars - You just turn around and then back around again and poof they are gone. Hate when I die and trying to find a ride back to the turf war.

Ronin super cars - what is the deal with them, their faster then a sports car and can knock a bulldog around like it's a matchbox. When with the same vehicle if I hit someone they fly threw the windshield.

Az987

all good things
Got a question maybe someone can answer.

Ok, Ive only been doing brotherhood missions, i captured their strongholds and I just finished the mission called 'the siege'. Now im not seeing a brotherhood mission icon... Whats the dealio ?

raYne

Holy shit, you can use the shock paddles to bring people back to life. :lol

I thought it'd just be limited to the ambulance missions, but you can do it in any situation. Gang members, co-op player, dead police, whatever.

Linkhero1

Nozdeuce said:
To be honest after GTA4 I'm just glad this game wasnt 100% centered around going from point A to B and shooting at all the Red Arrows time and time again. It really didn't have to do much to surpass my expectations, but I'm glad it did. It's a fantastic spiritual successor to GTASA and a solid improvement over SR1 (ala Vice City over GTA3)

Edit: Hopefully we get more hair, none of the current hair options does my Don Johnson justice =/
I want more costumes. I just found the shop today and I've been messing around with all of them. Most of my complains are about glitches to be honest. I like the game the way it is.

Hootie

Don't know if this has been asked yet, but how do you obtain the "pimp slap" weapon without inputting the cheat?

Some folks have been ragging on the graphics, but I've found the lighting and shadows to be very impressive, especially in the
mission where you bust Shaundi's friend out of prison
. Maybe it's just lowered expectations.

sullytao said:
I'm sure there will be a new city in the third one. They got away with it this time but I doubt they will be able to give us Stillwater for a third time and keep people happy.

Hopefully Stillwater and another new city, with sea between them, and air travel/underground tunnel as travel options, like San Andreas. An all new city, and the old one as it was in SR2 too. That'd be my ideal.

raYne

Hootie said:
I have to stop playing, but I can't!
Force Unleashed, Lego Batman and Dead Space have been sitting unopened in my game cabinet since Tuesday.

Things aren't looking well for Fable etc next week either. :/

Nozdeuce

raYne said:
Force Unleashed, Lego Batman and Dead Space have been sitting unopened in my game cabinet since Tuesday.

Things aren't looking well for Fable etc next week either. :/
Dead Space, do it now.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Ok, I bought an expensive penthouse in the old Saint's Row area in the game, but when I loaded in my old game I restarted back in that first decrepit old safehouse. Is there something I can do in order to start in my new swank quarters?

raYne

Diseased Yak said:
Ok, I bought an expensive penthouse in the old Saint's Row area in the game, but when I loaded in my old game I restarted back in that first decrepit old safehouse. Is there something I can do in order to start in my new swank quarters?
Pretty sure it depends on where you saved (as is shown when you manually load a file the area in the pic is different).

..but does it really matter?

Nozdeuce

raYne said:
I've been saying the same thing to myself for days. Doesn't work. :lol
=/
You poor bastard

Diseased Yak said:
You load into whatever safehouse is nearest to where you quit from.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
raYne said:
Pretty sure it depends on where you saved (as is shown when you manually load a file the area in the pic is different).

..but does it really matter?

Nah, not really, was just getting tired of seeing the same safehouse over and over when i fired up the game again hehe. Didn't know if there was something I was missing or not.

Septimus

I must not have been doing something right. I couldn't find the option to do this full story co-op. Locally of course, me and my brother, same PS3. How exactly do I do it?

Nozdeuce

Septimus said:
I must not have been doing something right. I couldn't find the option to do this full story co-op. Locally of course, me and my brother, same PS3. How exactly do I do it?
Afraid there isn't any local coop, just online/system link :(

Edit: I won this round, Rayne

raYne

Septimus said:
System Link and online only.

Nozdeuce said:
Edit: I won this round, Rayne
For now! But the battle rages on..

pirate_robot_duel_gaf842_-_copy937.jpg

Sean

Banned
Been playing for only like an hour in co-op and having tons of fun just with some of these side missions. Whether it's trail blazing on a burning ATV or throwing crazy fans into trampolines which launches em 150 feet into the ocean (achievement!) :lol

so much fun stuff to do already

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I played so much yesterday that last night I had a dream that the Ronin stole one of my gang territories without me knowing. Fucked up.

Smokey

I haven't played nearly as much as some of you, but I have the game rented from Gamefly and it's a lot of fun. I'm on their 4 game plan and have Saint's Row 2, Burnout Paradise, Battlefield Bad Company, and Brothers & Arms all checked out, and the only one I can seem to go back to is SR2. I want to buy this, but don't have the money :(.

There's so much shit to do. When you look at the map with everything enabled it's actually a bit overwhelming.

Brashnir

some of the activity rewards are sweet.

From one of the Fuzz activities, level 3 gives you a nice pistol, and level 6 gives you unlimited pistol ammo at your crib.

One of the drug trafficking activities gives you a rapid-fire shotgun for level 3, and unlimited shotgun ammo for level 6.

Top Bottom