• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row 2 |OT|

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Question: How come when I buy stuff, the police come after my ass? I purchased some jewelry and when I exit out the menu, the alarm went off and I had SWAT teams after me. wtf

and how the hell do I defend my territory an the university area? It was like an unlimited spawn of gangs shooting at me.

raYne

jobber said:
Question: How come when I buy stuff, the police come after my ass? I purchased some jewelry and when I exit out the menu, the alarm went off and I had SWAT teams after me. wtf

and how the hell do I defend my territory an the university area? It was like an unlimited spawn of gangs shooting at me.
That doesn't make any sense.. Did you have a weapon out? If you brandish one in a store, you get stars automatically.

For the territory defense, you really only have to kill the generals and they're all highlighted both on the map and with the overhead arrow. The gangs themselves never stop until you eliminate the leaders.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
raYne said:
That doesn't make any sense.. Did you have a weapon out? If you brandish one in a store, you get stars automatically.

If my fist are weapons, then yeah. If not, then I don't know wtf happened. I was going through buying stuff and when I exit to leave, 3 stars. If I had a gun out I'm sure I would know if the cops were after me before I enter the menus and stuff. It also happened at the music store. :|

Mrbob

Brashnir said:
if you move your pointer over a business on the map, it will say if you own it.

How do you do it though? Do you need to buy up cribs across the map first to build up your respect level before you can buy business properties? I have 3 cribs at the moment fully fleshed out.

raYne

Mrbob said:
How do you do it though? Do you need to buy up cribs across the map first to build up your respect level before you can buy business properties? I have 3 cribs at the moment fully fleshed out.
You have to own the territory where the business is located.

Mrbob said:
So how do you end up owning territories. Just take out gang members in the area?

Do missions or strongholds for the gang that controls the area.

edit: OMG beaten by RaYne again! Damn your helpful attitude and prompt replies.:D

avcables

Banned
I just finished single player with 77% and I plan to go back and finish the rest of the side activities. Which is much more than I can say for what I did with Grand Theft Auto 4, jeez.

Unlimited SMG ammo makes the game cake since you get a particular SMG to use beforehand, too.

MMaRsu

Anyone who has already taken care of all of the gangs I'm kinda stuck...

I'm supposed to do a
Ultor stronghold
near the big underground ultor mall, and there is an icon right where I'm standing on my map, but nothing on my screen...so I don't know what to do next :(

MMaRsu said:
Anyone who has already taken care of all of the gangs I'm kinda stuck...

I'm supposed to do a
Ultor stronghold
near the big underground ultor mall, and there is an icon right where I'm standing on my map, but nothing on my screen...so I don't know what to do next :(

It's inside the mall.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
avcables said:
Unlimited SMG ammo makes the game cake since you get a particular SMG to use beforehand, too.

Unlimited ammor for anything makes the game a cakewalk on normal, really, except for those getting runover and shot while you're down, friendly fire rockets, or those missions where it takes your uber unlockable guns away like the drug trafficking.

Hell, I ran through 2/3 of the game with just the twin unlockable unlimited pistols.

raYne

What's Ultors missions setup like? Similar to the other gangs where there's a bunch of them, plus strongholds, right? Do they try to take back territory etc?

I'm about a third of the way through the last of the original three gangs, so I'm wondering how much game I have left.

avcables

Banned
Metroidvania said:
Unlimited ammor for anything makes the game a cakewalk on normal, really, except for those getting runover and shot while you're down, friendly fire rockets, or those missions where it takes your uber unlockable guns away like the drug trafficking.

Hell, I ran through 2/3 of the game with just the twin unlockable unlimited pistols.

Yeah, pretty much. The pistols were effective for killing dudes but those SMGs would take most vehicles out in an entire clip which was awesome, haha.

And I beat the game but I didn't do the secret mission. I'm gonna check later to see if I'm still able to. Unless of course I'm not thinking about the right secret mission?
Police station? 3rd floor?

MMaRsu

raYne said:
What's Ultors missions setup like? Similar to the other gangs where there's a bunch of them, plus strongholds, right? Do they try to take back territory etc?

I'm about a third of the way through the last of the original three gangs, so I'm wondering how much game I have left.

Not much. You don't even get their territory when you finish them off, strangely.

Maybe if you 100% it or something.

raYne

Union Carbine said:
I don't have any unlimited ammo weapons yet. What missions unlock those bad boys?
They aren't unlimited ammo weapons, you just get unlimited ammo for each class and you can apply it to whatever weapon in the class you want.

Rifiles- Finish Hitman.
Pistol- Fuzz (Projects)
SMG- Snatch (Downtown)
Shotgun- Drug Trafficking (Airport)

MMaRsu said:
Not much. You don't even get their territory when you finish them off, strangely.

Maybe if you 100% it or something.
That sucks. :/

They should've swarmed you at some point and you have to dash all over the city to protect your territory. Like an all out war against the Saints.

DireStr8s

Some dude joined my game with cheats enabled, so I kick him. Now my game has cheats enabled & there's no way that I can find to disable them. I don't even have cheats on my game phone to turn off & there is no option to disable them in general. How do I fix this & what happens to my progress if they stay on?

plz halp

raYne

nickslicl said:
Some dude joined my game with cheats enabled, so I kick him. Now my game has cheats enabled & there's no way that I can find to disable them. I don't even have cheats on my game phone to turn off & there is no option to disable them in general. How do I fix this & what happens to my progress if they stay on?

plz halp
No clue since it's never happened to me, sorry. Though the first thing I would've tried is reloading either my manual or auto save.

Meohsix

avcables said:
And I beat the game but I didn't do the secret mission. I'm gonna check later to see if I'm still able to. Unless of course I'm not thinking about the right secret mission?
Police station? 3rd floor?

yep i did that one after i beat everything else so you should have no problem

DireStr8s

Well, I didn't know it would happen like that. I unlocked a ton of shit & spend about a hour @ the plastic surgeon during that session. If I lose all that, then I lose alot of interest in the game. I wonder if can just finish the game since I have no actual cheats.

raYne

nickslicl said:
Well, I didn't know it would happen like that. I unlocked a ton of shit & spend about a hour @ the plastic surgeon during that session. If I lose all that, then I lose alot of interest in the game. I wonder if can just finish the game since I have no actual cheats.
There's nothing stopping you from continuing to play the game. The only thing having cheats "on" does is disable getting achievements etc.

raYne said:
They aren't unlimited ammo weapons, you just get unlimited ammo for each class and you can apply it to whatever weapon in the class you want.

Rifiles- Finish Hitman.
Pistol- Fuzz (Projects)
SMG- Snatch (Downtown)
Shotgun- Drug Trafficking (Airport)
Gratzi. It looks like I've got some work to do tonight!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
nickslicl said:

Yeah, that is a f'd up issue with the game. Happened to me over the weekend and I really have had little desire to play the game again since.

DireStr8s

raYne said:
There's nothing stopping you from continuing to play the game. The only thing having cheats "on" does is disable getting achievements etc.

I have the ps3 version, so no worries about acheivents. Would you mind elaborating on what you meant by "etc"? And thanks for your help btw.

raYne

dskillzhtown said:
Yeah, that is a f'd up issue with the game. Happened to me over the weekend and I really have had little desire to play the game again since.
Which is why the first thing I did on day one was change the co-op settings:
Friends only.
Invite only only.

Volition takes a lot of the blame since they shouldve set up the game so it tells you who has cheats enabled beforehand, but commom sense on the players part would've prevented it from happening in the first place.

nickslicl said:
I have the ps3 version, so no worries about acheivents. Would you mind elaborating on what you meant by "etc"? And thanks for your help btw.
Nothing else really, I though the PS3 version had trophies, but I wasn't sure so I used the "etc" qualifier. It seems that it doesn't, so you have nothing to worry about.

Mrbob

Hahaha, I got some sort of sing along achievement today. :lol Driving around town and my character starts singing with the song playing...hilarious!

I also finished the Ronin missions today as well. The story is a little sloppy, but I'm actually digging it. There is a ton of drama which goes on, and some of the ways you take down enemies is downright sadistic. Sorry Shogo! Not really!

I am glad I did some activities before hitting the missions. Having unlimited SMG ammo and unlimited spring (Not to mention the ability to call for a car wherever you want for free) helps me get around town and take care of business quickly. I have passed the 15 hour threshold in this game (17 hours now), which is something I've never done in a GTA game before. I still have more missions to do, more strongholds to take over, and activities to accomplish. The meta RPG aspect of getting bonuses for doing activities and missions is a nice incentive as well. I truly am shocked at how well this game is put together.

Is there any reason to go back in time and try out the first Saints Row after I finish SR2? It is 20 dollars now.

Mrbob

Oh yeah one more thing. One item I learned about hitman missions is to just go to the hitman location, and cycle through all the guys you need to take out. This way its loaded into your phone and if you are doing something else and you run into an area where a hitman target is, you can take them out as a crosshair will show up on the map showing where they are located.

VALIS

Dr. House from the TV show

9. House (from House)
-----
Body
Body Shape: 33 - Muscularity: 15 - Fatness: 30 - Age: 24
Skin: 3rd Row Down, 1st Option

Face - Crown
Skull Top Width: 34 - Height: 0
Skull Back Depth: 59 - Width: 49
Neck Back Depth: 50 - Width: 50
Face - Forehead
Forehead Depth: 8 - Height: 88 - Width: 73
Face - Brow
Brow Spacing: 13 - Depth: 77 - Width: 59
Inner Brow Height: 0 - Middle: 4 - Outer: 0

Face - Eyes
Eyeball Spacing: 61 - Depth: 24 - Height: 87 - Size: 90
Eye Folds Height: 45
Upper Eyelid Height: 0 - Curve: 39
Lower Eyelid Height: 53 - Curve: 88
Iris Size: 0
Eye Color: Blue

Face - Ears
Ear Spacing: 82 - Depth: 50 - Elevation: 56 - Width: 43 - Length: 46
Ear Height: 43 - Angle: 77 - Openness: 65 - Roll: 63
Lobe Height: 77 - Size: 31
Tip Spacing: 40 - Height: 23 - Size: 55

Face - Cheekbones
Temple Spacing: 50 - Depth: 50 - Height: 50
Cheekbone Spacing: 53 - Depth: 41 - Height: 72 - Size: 43
Cheek Spacing: 44 - Depth: 56 - Height: 45
Jowl Spacing: 64 - Depth: 78 - Height: 55

Face - Nose
Bridge Depth:: 34 - Height: 84 - Width: 34
Nose Depth: 61 - Elevation: 27
Slope Depth: 55 - Height: 49 - Width: 25
Tip Depth: 57 - Elevation: 42 - Width: 74 - Height: 67
Nostril Spacing: 39 - Depth: 82 - Elevation: 64 - Width: 53 - Height: 31
Septum Height: 22 - Width: 65

Face - Mouth
Mouth Depth: 50 - Elevation: 50 - Width: 50
Upper Lip Middle Height: 89 - Middle Size: 27 ->
Side Height: 69 - Side Size: 6
Lower Lip Middle Height: 74 - Middle Size: 5 ->
Side Height: 57 - Side Size: 47
Mouth Side Depth: 73 - Side Height: 61 - Side Size: 52
Mouth Bite: 16
Face - Chin
Chin Depth: 89 - Elevation: 42 - Width: 72 - Height: 39
Double Chin Depth: 73 - Height: 50 - Width: 50
Chin Dimple: 100
Face - Jaw
Jaw Spacing: 43 - Depth: 44 - Height: 32

Hair
Primary Color: 1st Row, 4th Option Right
Seconday Color: 2nd Row Down, 5th Option Right
Facial Hair Color: 1st Row, 1st Option
Head: Swept Back
Mustache: Trimmed Long
Beard: 5 O'Clock Shadow
Sideburns: None
Eyebrows: Large

Make-Up - Around Eyes - Eye Shadow Two - Medium
Primary Color: 1st Row, 1st Option
Secondary Color: 1st Row, 2nd Option Right
Cheeks - Basic Cheek Makeup - Medium
Primary Color: 1st option, 1st Row

Haven't tried it myself so I can't vouch for the accuracy. Someone give it a shot and see how it comes out (I would but I'm addicted to Fable 2 at the moment).

More celebrity SR2 character creations here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/939458/54478

raYne

No fall damage is AWESOME. Bailing out of a plane/chopper a thousand feet up, doing backflips the whole way down, hitting the floor and getting right up to regain territory or whatever is an incredible feeling. :lol It also makes it much easier to get around town since you don't have to worry about losing half/all of your health hopping off an overpass or whatever.

Mrbob said:
Not to mention the ability to call for a car wherever you want for free) helps me get around town and take care of business quickly.
You could always just call the cab company. Yeah, they'll charge you (100 bucks max), but you have gain the ability to teleport from one location to another. Making getting around town even faster. :D

Is there any reason to go back in time and try out the first Saints Row after I finish SR2? It is 20 dollars now.
Other than a few things (dedicated kick button, breakin into store safes without needing the clerk, the back story of all the characters you meet in 2, better clothing etc) they pretty much have all the good stuff, plus more in the sequel. I'm sure there's something else coming out in the near future that you'd rather be playing, so not really.

VALIS said:

Haven't tried it myself so I can't vouch for the accuracy. Someone give it a shot and see how it comes out (I would but I'm addicted to Fable 2 at the moment).

More celebrity SR2 character creations here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/939458/54478
Did they actually expect someone to bother with no pics? Meh.

Picked this up. It will be an interesting experiment. I loved GTA 4 and wasn't that big a fan of the first Saints Row however I'll keep an open mind. I'll post my impressions tomorrow after I put in some time with it tonight.

Linkhero1

VALIS said:

Are there any sites that have SR creations with pictures? I really want to make some of those but they might not even look like who there supposed to look like.

Pimpbaa

MMaRsu said:
It looks much better than Saints Row 1, I replayed it before SR2 came out.

I disagree. The shitty filtering in SR2 destroys any visual enhancements they made. The only time the game looks decent is inside buildings. As soon as you go outside, it's like permanent overcast (dull lifeless color).

MMaRsu

Pimpbaa said:
I disagree. The shitty filtering in SR2 destroys any visual enhancements they made. The only time the game looks decent is inside buildings. As soon as you go outside, it's like permanent overcast (dull lifeless color).

what filtering are you talking about exactly? Personally I think SR2 looks much better, but that's just me, and some other people I know ;).

raYne

MMaRsu said:
what filtering are you talking about exactly? Personally I think SR2 looks much better, but that's just me, and some other people I know ;).
The "overcast" filter that dulls the colors. Similar to the paint filter in GTAIV that people hate for the most part (myself being one of them) and feel it brings the game's visuals down.

Still, on the other side you have people that thought the first was too clean, bright and vibrant. So you know, whatever.

MMaRsu

raYne said:
The "overcast" filter that dulls the colors. Similar to the paint filter in GTAIV that people hate for the most part (myself being one of them) and feel it brings the game's visuals down.

Still, on the other side you have people that thought the first was too clean, bright and vibrant. So you know, whatever.

Well shit it looks great on my tv so I dunno maybe up the colors on your tv settings? It looks quite vibrant on my tv so yeah :p.

newsguy

Pimpbaa said:

Actually, inside of buildings the game adds an extremely high contrast filter which made me think my new TV had crapped out. I had to step outside and back in a few times to realize it was the game and not the TV.

raYne

MMaRsu said:
Well shit it looks great on my tv so I dunno maybe up the colors on your tv settings? It looks quite vibrant on my tv so yeah :p.
Pfft.. I'll have you know that my TV is awesome. :lol

It isn't something that's always there though. Again, similar to IV, the filter is only there during certain time of day or weather conditions. In any case, overall you're right and it is better looking than the first.

newsguy said:
Actually, inside of buildings the game adds an extremely high contrast filter which made me think my new TV had crapped out. I had to step outside and back in a few times to realize it was the game and not the TV.
That and the transition between the two is pretty jarring.

MMaRsu

Afaik it really depends how you've got your tv setup in how this game looks.

On my own tv it looks great, mind you I don't have HDTV, but just a normal widescreen.

Downstairs, we have a 100hz tv, but it looked like shit ( well not shit, but just not as good ), and I had to fiddle around with my tv settings to get it to look as good.

But that's just me ^_^

raYne said:
Pfft.. I'll have you know that my TV is awesome. :lol

It isn't something that's always there though. Again, similar to IV, the filter is only there during certain time of day or weather conditions. In any case, overall you're right and it is better looking than the first.

That and the transition between the two is pretty jarring.

Hey no doubts there :p.

But really, I hardly notice any filter or transition between anything..maybe I'm going blind >_<

Meohsix

raYne said:
*rewinds tape*
I'm shocked.. shocked I say!
:p

... its not that great :(
(also my camera sucks)

zvufdj.png

2iw591x.png

15my1qp.png

Okay first thing I had to do was switch the car controls to something like GTA with the triggers after getting into a car

Which is the most popular setup for on foot controls?

Pimpbaa

MMaRsu said:

Every other game looks great on my monitor. There is nothing wrong with it.

raYne

Man, the Brotherhood's Brawl fighting style is terrible. I'm glad I did the other two first 'cause... Jesus.. No wonder they get owned so hard in Fight Club. :lol

On the plus side, while practicing the moves I heard a few NPCs say some stuff I haven't heard before. Including:
"Round, one.. FIGHT!" and "You got knocked the FUCK out!" :lol

Anyway, someone was asking about the Rock Bottom a while back. If you're still having trouble, it's just like the other "special" moves: L.. L R with a hesitation between the two first hits.

George said:
... its not that great :(
(also my camera sucks)

-snip-
Eh, it's close-ish. Still, this is why they should have pics to accompany the customizations. Then people wouldn't have to waste their time only to find out it's not that good.

Top Bottom