• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row 2 |OT|

Ploid 3.0

Man I love the distractions in this game. I'm getting beat down for rampages.

I made a vid but apparently I had the cam on mute.

rc213

Ploid 3.0 said:
Man I love the distractions in this game. I'm getting beat down for rampages.

I made a vid but apparently I had the cam on mute.

Ooh PS3 version, Looks nice. Got more?

I'm still trying to decide on my 1 game for the holiday season. Being broke ain't no fun yo!

Ploid 3.0

rc213 said:
Ooh PS3 version, Looks nice. Got more?

I'm still trying to decide on my 1 game for the holiday season. Being broke ain't no fun yo!

I can make more. Youtube seem faster now on uploading vids. What would you like a vid of? The game is great, it has screen tearing if you leave vsync off though. It don't get in the way of the fun though. The game is pretty destructible too. I could make a vid of that I guess.

rc213

Ploid 3.0 said:
I can make more. Youtube seem faster now on uploading vids. What would you like a vid of? The game is great, it has screen tearing if you leave vsync off though. It don't get in the way of the fun though. The game is pretty destructible too. I could make a vid of that I guess.

Anything will do, Thanks.

Did anyone have a problem with that mission where you go to the nuclear power island? I couldn't get the gieger counter. I would select it from the store but it wouldn't equip it no matter what.... :(

Loudninja

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Did anyone have a problem with that mission where you go to the nuclear power island? I couldn't get the gieger counter. I would select it from the store but it wouldn't equip it no matter what.... :(

I did that mission without a problem,maybe you should just restart that mission?

Dead

well not really...yet
Just got the game yesterday and loving it.

Question: will it ever be possible to customize the underground crib that you get early on? I cant find any option to do so. Hope it wont be a rundown hobo-ville for the entire game :(

Loudninja

Dead said:
Just got the game yesterday and loving it.

Question: will it ever be possible to customize the underground crib that you get early on? I cant find any option to do so. Hope it wont be a rundown hobo-ville for the entire game :(

Yeah just go to the purple chiar icon in each crib.

The_Dude

Dead said:
The underground crib gets upgraded as you progress through the missions.

Dead

well not really...yet
Loudninja said:
Its there as soon as you walk in th door next to the TV
im not talking about the little house, but the big underground hideout that you take over from the Hobos

The_Dude said:
The underground crib gets upgraded as you progress through the missions.
Oh that explains it. Thanks.

Amory

The melee weapons are just so....satisfying, I actually find myself using them instead of guns, first for me

BaZZaa

Neo Member
I beat the game last night (story wise) and it is SO good!! I really enjoyed every minute of it. It is so nice just cruising around in your superior and shoot some pimps with your pimpstick :). And the side missions are also really enjoyable. I really liked the "leaving evidence" and the "hot fuzz" missions, just blowing everything up on your "fire" quad never gets old. Can't wait for saints row 3! I do have one question though, how do I start the "carsurf" missions?

The_Dude

I've beaten all the normal missions that have appeared on my map and all the side missions, but my stats still say 41/42 missions complete. Is this a mistake, or is there a mission I've missed?

Loudninja said:
This game is just to buggy,all my states wipe out again :(
That really sucks. Has it actually screwed up your progression? I haven't had all my stats wiped, but I've noticed that after getting three gold stars in some combat tricks my stats say I haven't gotten three gold stars. For instance, I've achieved three gold stars in gang kills many times, but my stats say my best is two gold stars. Glad these don't contribute to getting 100%.

Loudninja

The_Dude said:
That really sucks. Has it actually screwed up your progression? I haven't had all my stats wiped, but I've noticed that after getting three gold stars in some combat tricks my stats say I haven't gotten three gold stars. For instance, I've achieved three gold stars in gang kills many times, but my stats say my best is two gold stars. Glad these don't contribute to getting 100%.

No but it is very annoying :(

CTLance

I got the game a few days ago, rescued the dude and spent the rest of my playtime causing havoc and doing non-story missions. So awesome. So over the top. I'm loving every freaking second.

Oh lordy at the bodyguard missions. My favourite so far. Throwing rabid fans off a skyscraper is oddly calming. :D

Ploid 3.0

The missions are very fun. Great game and I had it for a month, it's still a great game. I'm looking forward to SR3 for sure, and I hope they go even more over the top and fill it with even more distractions. They get what makes sandbox games of this type fun and addictive. Having the ability to grab competent buddies off the street helps a lot. It's like having a extra armor of protection and prevents all the bullets from heading your way. They kill enemies pretty good as well. They use the best weapon for the situation too. I love the buddies.

I did make another video but it's probably way too late now. I didn't want to bump the thread because of one video of me being clueless on a mission. Also I tried to control the truck while messing with the mounted gun on the roof without and cruse control on/off.

BaZZaa

Neo Member
The_Dude said:
I've beaten all the normal missions that have appeared on my map and all the side missions, but my stats still say 41/42 missions complete. Is this a mistake, or is there a mission I've missed?

did you finish the last mission where
you have to pick up the helicopter and shoot out the energy cores of the Ultor Corporation building. Go up to the final floor with your heli just to finish up mister ultor himself?

Amory

Is there a way to manually cancel streetraces? It's really annoying that if you make a wrong turn or hit a wall and have no chance of winning, you still have to hit all the checkpoints. In fact, my car even got wedged in between two walls, preventing me from moving, and you can't even get out of the car! I had to reload...

hulot

Amazon has a deal on this today. Collector's or regular? And about the multiplayer, is it like GTA's or like the first one with closed maps? Also what is this about vehicle unlock codes, can I still get them?

rareside

I traded Farcry2 for this game and I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised.

Other than the demo of Saint's Row which I thought was awful, this is my first ever GTA-clone. WOW!! While the game isn't going to win any gameplay awards, the customization and absurdity in the game blows GTA4 out of the water.

The stereotypes and humor are lowest common denominator, but damn if it doesn't make for a hilarious experience. Making the fattest character possible and having her cheer people up on the sidewalk by doing an Irish jig? Completely awesome.

Have only delved into the story 20% or so... If anyone wants to try out some co-op, add me. My gamertag is rareside. (Xbox360 obviously).

Risette

A Good Citizen
Got this game and I love it. However, the tearing bothered me so I turned the vsync on. The framerate seems fine for me, but does it drop later on or something?

The_Dude

BaZZaa said:
did you finish the last mission where
you have to pick up the helicopter and shoot out the energy cores of the Ultor Corporation building. Go up to the final floor with your heli just to finish up mister ultor himself?
Sorry, didn't see your reply earlier, but, yes, I have finished that mission. There are definitely no more missions on the map, but it still says 41/42. Haven't played it for a bit, hopefully I'll figure it out when I get back to it.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
The_Dude said:
Sorry, didn't see your reply earlier, but, yes, I have finished that mission. There are definitely no more missions on the map, but it still says 41/42. Haven't played it for a bit, hopefully I'll figure it out when I get back to it.
Did you do the mission you start from within the police station? If not..
idahoblue said:
Go to the Stillwater police, enter the detective area, listen to the taps, grab the files on the desk. You'll get a new person to call on your phone.

Wiggum2007

I'm finally going to pick this up, really enjoyed the first game except for the glitches. Anyone have any experience running SR2 installed on the HDD? Any problems with it? I know some people (including me) had problems in GTAIV with texture streaming when running off the HDD, but I'd prefer not to play it off the disk as my disk drive is dying and gets frequent dirty disk errors.

The_Dude

Nozdeuce said:
Did you do the mission you start from within the police station? If not..
Didn't do that one, thanks for the heads-up! Was there some hint about doing this I missed, or is it just something you're expected to stumble across?

deadbeef

Watching the credits roll as I type this. What a fun game! Sure there are technical glitches and stuff, but they just make it so damn fun that it's easy to look past those things. I may or may not go and finish some of the activities I didn't finish, but I am pretty happy with it right now.

I really liked the cruise control feature they added for the driving. Favorite gun by far is the automatic shotgun, forgot the name.

I hope they make another one of these games. I really like them.

FoeHammer

Glad to see this thread is still active.

I finished the story missions up today and this has to be the most fun I've had playing a game this year. The variety in the missions plus the ability to play them all with a friend really elevates Saints Row 2.

I'm glad Rockstar took their baby in a different direction, but I'm also glad that Volition filled the hole they left.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Ronin help:
I've finished the part where the dude's father escapes on a motorbike (where they raid the Saint's hideout) and I don't see any missions on my map. Will it just come randomly or something?
If what you're going to tell me is a spoiler for later on please tag it with a warning. :D

FoeHammer said:
Glad to see this thread is still active.

I finished the story missions up today and this has to be the most fun I've had playing a game this year. The variety in the missions plus the ability to play them all with a friend really elevates Saints Row 2.

I'm glad Rockstar took their baby in a different direction, but I'm also glad that Volition filled the hole they left.

Agreed the game is pretty much opposite in terms of gameplay direction, yin yang. While I enjoy the story and detail of GTA4, I also enjoy the streamlined and fun gameplay of Saints Row 2. Job well done Volition.

deadbeef

Fyrus said:
Ronin help:
I've finished the part where the dude's father escapes on a motorbike (where they raid the Saint's hideout) and I don't see any missions on my map. Will it just come randomly or something?
If what you're going to tell me is a spoiler for later on please tag it with a warning. :D

Check to see if there are any active Strongholds. Get rid of them and that will usually enable the next mission.

Got the game for Christmas, so far I'm enjoying the ride. I played the first Saint's Row and although the script was written by an idiot the game was a lot of fun. I wasn't expecting GOTY stuff from the sequel, just many hours of stupid, unadulterated fun, and so far that is what I've got. Its crashed twice, the physics can be all over the place and bugs that plagued the first game really should have been fixed in the two years its taken to make the sequel..... but I got to spray houses and people with shit. So its all good I guess.

My only complaint, who in the crikey of blimey did the 'Cockney geezer' voice work.... because they shouldn't be allowed to play a similar character again. Its like someone watched Dick Van Dyke for inspiration on how to play an English person.

Oh and the driving controls, RT and LT should be accelerate and brake. Always. There are no excuses for digital driving in an analogue age. I know Scheme B maps them this way but then it maps Primary Attack to LB... why not X? Stupid stupid stupid.

And Michael Dorn.... awww yeah. :D

Top Bottom