• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row 2 |OT|

raYne

SIP YEK NOD said:
I don't understand why they are so anal about it. It's promotion for their game.

i am sure the ninja pics sold a few copies.
Same nonsense with Rockstar shutting down all the early youtube/live streams when stores broke the street date.

You'd think they'd accept the promotion, but noooo.

MMaRsu

raYne said:
Same nonsense with Rockstar shutting down all the early youtube/live streams when stores broke the street date.

You'd think they'd accept the promotion, but noooo.

Yeah they need to learn about marketing a little better, this is basic stuff I'm getting in my study now :lol

Here a couple of pictures of the Saints Row 2 Collectors Edition incase anyone gives a crap.

Cardboard sleeve with thick metal embossed 3D like box (pretty nice), game in regular 360 case, nice art book (a little thin), fold out map, pimpin gold money clip, plastic silver bullet shaped USB drive with the SR2 logo and a piece of foam rubber.

Not that bad of a collectors edition but the back of the metal box had some pretty good size dents in it after sliding it out of the sleeve.
I was able to push these out from the inside.

Here are a couple of pictures:
The two little strippers are just hanging out on the pictures and did not come with the collectors edition. :lol

srce1.jpg

srce2.jpg

MMaRsu

Could have gone in the official thread but w/e, nice looking CE :).

Too bad the strippers didn't come with it :lol

Wark

I'm gonna have to live with getting the standard edition. I don't think it is anything special anyway. Besides, in a couple of days, I'm buying an $130 alarm clock and lunch box that comes with some free game called Fallout 3.

dejay

Banned
Fuckit - I was going to get LBP and Fable 2 only this month, but I'm gonna get SR2 instead of Fable 2. Sorry Peter - double betrayalarama-age from me and ex Lionhead employees :(

Wark said:
I'm gonna have to live with getting the standard edition. I don't think it is anything special anyway. Besides, in a couple of days, I'm buying an $130 alarm clock and lunch box that comes with some free game called Fallout 3.

Jeez, I'm purchasing that same $130 alarm clock and lunch box from Amazon, Must be out of my mind.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Wow, doing coop Mayhem is so fun, my friend runs around and blows up as many fences and parking meters as he can while I stand around on a busy street RPGing cars. So awesome

ChrisD84

Nozdeuce said:
Wow, doing coop Mayhem is so fun, my friend runs around and blows up as many fences and parking meters as he can while I stand around on a busy street RPGing cars. So awesome

A quick question, do the targets you have to reach in activities, such as mayhem, also scale for coop? It just occured to me that it would be pretty easy to complete them if it doesn't.

Can't wait for my copy to arrive, just under a week to go :D

Ramenman

Ninjas + THAT = SOLD.

Can you dress yourself as a ninja too or is it just only your gang ? I know it's dumb, but why would the guy in those ninja-screens not dress as a ninja if he had the option to dress as a ninja. Srsly. It makes no sense.

MMaRsu

Himuro said:
Pretty good article on why SR2 is the anti-GTAIV.

I disagree with the first paragraph though:

Isn't this subjective? I mean, I found SR1's combat better than GTAIV's because the aiming was better.

And isn't hate a little too harsh a word?

Yeah I disagreed with that as well, and yes it IS subjective.. GTAIV's combat was worse than SR1 imo as well.

On a fun note, I borrowed SR1 from a friend to replay it before the next one comes out :).

raYne

MMaRsu said:
Yeah I disagreed with that as well, and yes it IS subjective.. GTAIV's combat was worse than SR1 imo as well.

On a fun note, I borrowed SR1 from a friend to replay it before the next one comes out :).
'Cept it isn't subjective when it's factually better. No shitty lock-on aiming at people you don't intend to. No clunky cover system to annoy you at every turn and better free aim gunplay, melee options, combos, finishers, weapon variety, human shields, cruise control for drivebys, faster main character movement (which is HUGE), you can actually control vehicles (attack chopper says "Hi") etc. Then you have the control issues related to the combat, like not being to do simple stuff like climbing a ladder 100% of the time.

It's only subjective if you don't know what you're talking about. ;)

Oh, by the way..
Someone should have a review roundup in the OP. And by someone, I mean you. :lol

Hello.
This game looks fun, GTA4 sucked balls and this game has piqued my interest.
Does anyone know if this game runs above 30fps on the PS3?
GTA4 got on my nerves with the substandard frame rate and I couldn't be stuffed with it.

MMaRsu

raYne said:
'Cept it isn't subjective when it's factually better. No shitty lock-on aiming at people you don't intend to. No clunky cover system to annoy you at every turn and better free aim gunplay, melee options, combos, finishers, weapon variety, human shields, cruise control for drivebys, faster main character movement (which is HUGE), you can actually control vehicles (attack chopper says "Hi") etc. Then you have the control issues related to the combat, like not being to do simple stuff like climbing a ladder 100% of the time.

It's only subjective if you don't know what you're talking about. ;)

Oh, by the way..
Someone should have a review roundup in the OP. And by someone, I mean you. :lol

Hmm yes you're right.

I should do a review roundup, depends if I have time tonight or tomorrow... I will do it this weekend anyway.

raYne

Himuro said:
"It's the Carnales. Shit. Not The Los Carnales. Los means...fuck it."

:lol
:lol It'd be a shame if he's really not in this. Hell, even a "walk on" scene with the same joke would be hilarious.

Hootie

Wait...so is the UFO and the Peewee only available if you preorder through GameStop? Or am I just hearing things?

raYne

Hootie said:
Wait...so is the UFO and the Peewee only available if you preorder through GameStop? Or am I just hearing things?
Sandman42 said:
Don't worry guys, the exclusive Gamestop pre-order vehicles can be accessed by anyone.

Dial these codes on your phone:

#4976 - Gyro-Daddy
#728237 - UFO
#7266837 - PeeWee Bike

here is a video of them in action
^

Himuro said:
Saints Row's character interaction is way better than in past GTA's. In GTA they just say some stupid snarky thing that has no relevance to the story and give you your mission, but in SR the character development is all tied to the mission objective subplots themselves. Like Lin being undercover for the Riders, or Dex trying to do his thing, or JOHNNY GAT!!!!
Indeed. It's a lot better than people give it credit for.

Also, Johnny Gat > *

Hootie

raYne said:

Phew...thank you. :D

One other question...I looked through the OP and I may have missed it, but for Coop, can you and a friend just screw around in the city? No missions, no activities? I'd love to wreak some havoc and not have any restrictions.

Plus, putting on the "Pedestrian War" code while in Coop would be amazing.

raYne

Hootie said:
Phew...thank you. :D

One other question...I looked through the OP and I may have missed it, but for Coop, can you and a friend just screw around in the city? No missions, no activities? I'd love to wreak some havoc and not have any restrictions.

Plus, putting on the "Pedestrian War" code while in Coop would be amazing.
Yea, you can do whatever you want. Even wreak havoc on totally opposite sides of the city since there's no player tether. Then, if you get bored, head into a story mission, side mission, minigame, whatever.

Hootie

raYne said:
Yea, you can do whatever you want. Even wreak havoc on totally opposite sides of the city since there's no player tether. Then, if you get bored, head into a story mission, side mission, minigame, whatever.

Ho-lee crap. Better than GTA IV confirmed. I mean, if GTA had some of the cheats SR2 has, I'd enjoy it, but it was just too bare bones. Ped Wars, Raining Peds, Low Gravity, Super Explosions, Airplanes, UFOs.

sogood.gif

Brashnir

raYne said:

also, if you finish a mission in co-op then go back to your single player game, it is flagged as completed, so when you get to it in your game, you'll have the option to skip it if you want.

raYne

Brashnir said:
also, if you finish a mission in co-op then go back to your single player game, it is flagged as completed, so when you get to it in your game, you'll have the option to skip it if you want.
Yep. I mentioned that a few times in the thread.

Seems like something that should be in the OP, right MMaRsu? :p

MMaRsu said:
Hmm yes you're right.

I should do a review roundup, depends if I have time tonight or tomorrow... I will do it this weekend anyway.
Throw in the cheats list while you're at it.

MMaRsu

Damn I've been playing Mayhem this entire time haven't done one mission yet! I know this isn't the SR1 thread ( :lol ) but Mayhem is still so damn satisfying.

raYne

Himuro said:
So the other day I popped in GTAIV and I was waiting for Niko's health to recharge for like 5 minutes. I was like,"WTF!!! RECHARGE!!!!" and then I realized I wasn't playing SR. Likewise, I kept pressing RB to run and I was diving under cover and crap. So today I pop in SR and for some reason now I think the game has a cover system. FUCKKKK.
I did the exact same thing when I booted up GTAIV for the first time. Cops shooting at me and I'm pressing RB to run and nothing's happening. :lol Only to later find out that Niko's still slow as balls even when you're actually hitting the right button. :/

MMaRsu said:
Damn I've been playing Mayhem this entire time haven't done one mission yet! I know this isn't the SR1 thread ( :lol ) but Mayhem is still so damn satisfying.
Eh, it may as well be a SR1 thread. It's not like there will be any real SR2 talk until the game's in the hands of the masses.

MMaRsu

God that talk show on SR1 is so damn funny, love what they say about the government and immigration.

"you want to wear a burka or whatever, you gotta have the american flags on it"
:lol

Az987

all good things
I dunno if this has been posted but I saw in my Best Buy weekly ad this morning, that if u buy Saints row 2 or the CE you get a free boyz in the hood dvd. :D :lol

Hootie

Can anyone who has the game explain how the Pedestrian War cheat works? Do they all get guns? Do they only attack each other or you too?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Az987 said:
I dunno if this has been posted but I saw in my Best Buy weekly ad this morning, that if u buy Saints row 2 or the CE you get a free boyz in the hood dvd. :D :lol
Should have been Don't be a Menace to Society While Drinking your Juice in the Hood.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
BadAss84 said:
A quick question, do the targets you have to reach in activities, such as mayhem, also scale for coop? It just occured to me that it would be pretty easy to complete them if it doesn't.

Can't wait for my copy to arrive, just under a week to go :D
They do seem to scale for coop, but it usually isn't a huge difference. Fight Club is the easiest example, in coop level six had 8 enemies, solo it had 6.

Top Bottom