• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row 2 |OT|

MThanded said:

:lol

Saints Row 2 Launch Live Stream

http://community.saintsrow.com/blogs/?p=275

Tomorrow is October 14th, or the official day one launch of Saints Row 2 in the US. Only 2 more days for our friends down under and 3 days for our friends across the pond in the UK. To celebrate the launch, we’re going to do a live stream of Saints Row 2 from here in the Volition offices. Starting around 10 AM CST on October 14th, the show will begin. I’ll be your host for this event, but we’re going to bring in a bunch of individuals from the development team.

From character artists to programmers, designers and producers, many different folks will be on hand, including a few whom have already written Developer Blogs. Throughout the show, we’ll be running through different sections of the game, some activities, and a lot of customization. We’ll also give out some tips and tricks towards various activities and show off parts of the game that players might not know about. Along with all of that, there will be some great background information on what went into creating Saints Row 2 and the team behind it. We’ll have try to have a few Q&A sessions with the people in the chat room as we move along throughout the day.

The official link for the stream will be posted here around 9:30 AM CST before the stream goes live and we hope that all of you tune in. We recommend that you tell all your friends too!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
painey said:
Retro Oakland A's represent with some glitch posing!
2938699824_6156b02f24_b.jpg

2938702002_68116dda96_b.jpg

Man this game is so bad :lol Saints Row 1 pulled it off because it was the first next gen sandbox game, but man.. Its hard to see why it took so long for a sequel when so much is straight out of SR1 even down to the same map and glitches.
Where's my f-ing car?

VALIS

Any video reviews yet? I mean besides the one that's been on youtube for the last week.

Just want to raise my internal hype meter some more, if that's possible.

40 hours in, 92% complete. all i have left are like half the tags, secret locations, barnstormings, and a couple other little things.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
SIP YEK NOD said:
40 hours in, 92% complete. all i have left are like half the tags, secret locations, barnstormings, and a couple other little things.
What's your favorite unlockable?
spoiler tag it yo

Loudninja said:
From the gamespot article:

From beginning to end, this is one of the most fun urban chaos games out there. The controls are so tight and the combat so satisfying, you'll frequently find yourself getting distracted from the campaign as you cause terror all over the city. With great cooperative integration, tons of unique activities, and a super cool zombie mode, Saints Row 2 will keep you happily creating havoc for a long time.

Nozdeuce

SIP YEK NOD said:
The dual automatic desert eagles with scopes, and unlimited pistol ammo :D
Nice, I really like that combo too. I still have a ways to go unlocks wise but
unlimited rifle ammo (Saw/McManus combo) really makes life easier

Gowans

man I can't wait for Fri.

A tonne of my mates would really enjoy this but its a hard sell with all the games coming up and the similaritys they see with GTA.

MMaRsu

BobJustBob said:
That doesn't sound like an 8.
Haha I know right? Even the video review is all positive, no negatives :\.

Should have given it a 9 if you are going to write a review like that.

sullytao

A quote from the video review. "Lack of any kind of cover system is weak. But that just means the emphasis is on pure aggression. Which means you will constantly have to run and gun which makes the combat extremely fun."

Am I the only one who can see something wrong with that?

MMaRsu

sullytao said:
A quote from the video review. "Lack of any kind of cover system is weak. But that just means the emphasis is on pure aggression. Which means you will constantly have to run and gun which makes the combat extremely fun."

Am I the only one who can see something wrong with that?

What's wrong with it? It was ( and is ) great in the first game.. never had a problem with a lack of cover system..why does every tps game feel the need to have a cover system nowadays?

MMaRsu

idahoblue said:
Boo for fire on R2, any word if it's remappable?

The first Saints Row had different control schemes, I wouldn't be surprised if they are customizable or at least different control schemes.

dejay

Banned
Are the controls the same as the first one and can you switch control schemes like the first one?

(edit) Obviously great minds think alike.

Dead Man

MMaRsu said:
The first Saints Row had different control schemes, I wouldn't be surprised if they are customizable or at least different control schemes.
Cool. Day one purchase anyway, but it's good to know.

Loudninja

http://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/Saints-Row-2/Item1999.aspx
The PS3 version does include a few motion control goodies as you can use the SIXAXIS motion control to pilot boats and helicopters. They aren't bad but I turned them off after trying them out for the first time. It's not that they are bad uses of the system but the control felt a little tighter with thethumbsticks
A review from the PS3 version,no changes, sounds the same as the other reviews.

sullytao

MMaRsu said:
What's wrong with it? It was ( and is ) great in the first game.. never had a problem with a lack of cover system..why does every tps game feel the need to have a cover system nowadays?

He says no cover is bad then he goes on to say the shooting is great. Just thought it was a bit odd.

Loudninja

sullytao said:
He says no cover is bad then he goes on to say the shooting is great. Just thought it was a bit odd.

Ah why?I see nothing wrong with what he said,the shooting could still be great, but intense fire fights you might need cover very now and than.

sullytao

Loudninja said:
Ah why?I see nothing wrong with what he said,the shooting could still be great, but intense fire fights you might need cover very now and than.
The way he made it sound though was he was bashing it then went on to praising it.

Or it might have something to do with me not having a good enough caffine fix yet :/

Nozdeuce

Cover would be useful and appreciated for the many times you're forced to breach and clear a room. My alternative technique of blasting away while spinning around in a circle behind something while pressing everything trying to find the crouch button doesn't work too hot

Loudninja

Nozdeuce said:
Cover would be useful and appreciated for the many times your forced to breach and clear a room. My alternative technique of blasting away while spinning around in a circle behind something while pressing everything trying to find the crouch button doesn't work too hot

Hey dude, can you please confirmed if you can change the controls?

Loudninja said:
Hey dude, can you please confirmed if you can change the controls?
the 360 version has 3 different control schemes, there is no reason the ps3 version won't have the same 3.

Scheme B swaps the A(or X) and RB(or R1), or reload and sprint buttons, Scheme C puts reload as B(or circle), sprint as A(or X) and inventory as RB(or R1)

everything else is the same through all three.

Loudninja

SIP YEK NOD said:
the 360 version has 3 different control schemes, there is no reason the ps3 version won't have the same 3.

Scheme B swaps the A(or X) and RB(or R1), or reload and sprint buttons, Scheme C puts reload as B(or circle), sprint as A(or X) and inventory as RB(or R1)

everything else is the same through all three.

Thanks! :D

BIVIANO! said:
SIP, are the drug trafficking activites any different? They were easily my favourite in the original.

basically the same.

updated in bold
SIP YEK NOD said:
My stats:

play time: 18:51:15 43:16:55
respect earned 468,553 1,327,697(bar is at infinate now)
Money earned $887,395 $2,689,333.44
arrests 0(its really hard to get arrested, they'd rather fill you full of lead)0
number of deaths 36 70
hospital bills: 3000 9500
time at highest police notoriety: 12:59 31:18
" Gang: 22:01 48:04
number of missions completed: 41 of 42(wtf?) 42 of 42
stores owned: 8 of 90 60 of 90
homies: 4 of 9 7 of 9
cars unlocked(special cars) 21 of 42 36 of 42
secret areas found 3 of 32 12 of 32
shots fired: 21933 50934
hit percent: 25.39 14.71
56% with the shotgun :D 45%
89% with the RPG 80%, having unlimited ammo for some missions really lets you waste em
55% in 40 shots with sniper unchanged :(
vehicles owned: 60 84
vehicles destroyed: 138 1217 :lol
miles travleed:
by foot: 61 130
car: 222 768
motorcycle:11 40
aircraft: 27 173
co-op time played: 00:46(accepted, but guy didn't wait for me to finish last minute of mission) 10:28 its hard to find like-minded individuals that don't just want to shoot the crap out of you, and actually want to do stuff. it will be better once friends can get a hold of this game

Top Bottom