• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Shurs said:
I'm sticking with the 360 version, if only because that's what my co-op bros game on.
Same here, I like the 360 controller a lot more and my friend whom I'm going to play this game with is also getting the 360 version so no choice for me.
That's fine :)

DrBo42

Sigma Storm said:
That bike looks rad, and what's happening at 20 seconds in? It looks like he's not wearing underwear. -_-
I will customize that bike to be all black if possible and pull a Batman. It is inevitable.

obonicus

Sigma Storm said:
That bike looks rad, and what's happening at 20 seconds in? It looks like he's not wearing underwear. -_-

Looks like he's wearing the Battle-Nun outfit from the mission shown in the GB quick-look.

saunderez

The 360 version has an option for V-Sync during gameplay. By default it is Off. I wouldn't be surprised if it defaults to On on the PS3 version. Anyone proclaiming the PS3 version is better due to it's "smoothness" should probably try enabling V-Sync first.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait until everyone can get their hands on this game. I reviewed it last week and I am freaking in love with it. It's so stupid, so over-the-top and just fun to play.

I hope you people didn't read any cameo spoilers... because going into it blind and seeing certain people cracked me up!

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
El_TigroX said:
I hope you people didn't read any cameo spoilers... because going into it blind and seeing certain people cracked me up!
Are there other people besides
Burt Reynolds
? A simple yes or no will do.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
no.

I didn't put that in my review because I think people should go into that blind. It's so out of left field, but it works.

saunderez said:
The 360 version has an option for V-Sync during gameplay. By default it is Off. I wouldn't be surprised if it defaults to On on the PS3 version. Anyone proclaiming the PS3 version is better due to it's "smoothness" should probably try enabling V-Sync first.

I might be wrong, but didn't I read in this thread that if you enable V-Sync on the 360 it effects the framerate much more than on PS3?

Ploid 3.0

saunderez said:

I think some said if you set vsync on 360 the framerate takes a hit. Probably why it's off by default.

This game is so close now. Feels like I just need to go to sleep wake up, do my daily stuff, come home, then bam midnight.

saunderez

Ploid 3.0 said:
I think some said if you set vsync on 360 the framerate takes a hit. Probably why it's off by default.
That's the entire purpose of V-Sync though. You have a consistently lower frame rate in return for no screen tearing. If it's enabled by default on the PS3 and disabled on the 360 you're comparing apples and oranges. I don't know if it's enabled by default on the PS3 but it certainly seems to be the case.

Ploid 3.0

S1kkZ said:
you can turn vsync on (360 version) which results in a pretty bad framerate with no tearing.

Seems with it on you're sacrificing play-ability. If Vsync is on for PS3 it still seems smooth and very playable. Personally, I'd take the tearing over bad framerate.

Maddness

Man I wish this game unlocked tonight instead of tomorrow night on Steam. Fuck me! I'm having withdrawl and I haven't even played the fucking game yet.

Backflip

El_TigroX said:
no.

I didn't put that in my review because I think people should go into that blind. It's so out of left field, but it works.

I completely agree. I left it out of my review as well. I didn't expect it at all.

Messi

Backflip said:
I completely agree. I left it out of my review as well. I didn't expect it at all.

I think I know what you guys are talking about :( was it in the pimps and gimps trailer?. ill be so angry if i ruined it by watching 1 freaking trailer.

Again a yes or no will do

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Messi said:
I think I know what you guys are talking about :( was it in the pimps and gimps trailer?. ill be so angry if i ruined it by watching 1 freaking trailer.

Again a yes or no will do

I hadn't seen that trailer... the preview image on YouTube ruins it. So yeah.

I just switched my Amazon preorder from 360 to PS3. They might end up being more or less the same, but it looked like from the Giant Bomb quick look that the PS3 version ran pretty well and I could use a few more games for it anyways.

Derrick01

Banned
Weenerz said:
Has GMG sent out keys yet? I want my pre-order bonus from Steam damn you!

I haven't gotten anything from them yet. I don't even know if they're sending the keys out early I haven't seen them reply in the GMG thread.

Just received a Automated call from EB games in Calgary saying that the game will be available at 12:01am Tuesday (Pre launch party at 10pm?). I'm wondering if this is connected to the AC: Revelations Midnight launch and that I can pick up Saints Row: The Third on Monday night. Anybody else find out this info?

I'm also going in to EB tomorrow morning to do some trades and fully pay off the game and figure out what’s the deal about these Strategy guides that are coming out. The deal is that the Studio Edition has its own DLC. Prices are everywhere on this guide and the regular edition.

The exclusive Money Shot Pack - Unlock the Ultor Assassin suit, Togo-13 sniper rifle, and the Ultor Interceptor jet-bike

Saints Row: The Third - Studio Edition
Includes: Money Shot Pack DLC
21c9x6r.jpg

Amazon USA Link $15.71 US
Amazon CAN Link $17.55 CAN
Gamestop USA $24.99
EB Games not listed

Saints Row: The Third Official Strategy Guide
1o7r68.jpg

EB Games CAN $27.99 lol
USA Stores not listed

Saints Row: The Third Official Strategy Guide Hardcover
5npxnd.jpg

Amazon CAN $255.42 LOL My guess this a Fake.

Saints Row: The Third Official Strategy Guide Digital
Prima Games $24.99

Saints Row: The Third Interactive Map Pack Digital/Web Site?
Prima Games $9.99

First time I've heard of DLC in a Strategy Guide and the only reason I'm looking at getting it. If the OP wants to put this in the 1st post it's all good.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
CATDAFELIX said:
First time I've heard of DLC in a Strategy Guide and the only reason I'm looking at getting it. If the OP wants to put this in the 1st post it's all good.

the hell..DLCs with a freaking strategy book,the entire DLCs business (Season pass, Genki and now this strategy guide DLCs bullshit)for Saints Row 3 is just horrible.

SlickVic

First time doing the Steam preload thing, so I'm kinda curious on the unlock times in the US. If you're on Pacific time will it unlock at 9PM or does everyone have to wait till it's midnight in their respective time zone?

SlickVic

Ploid 3.0 said:
Nooooooo, jet bike is dlc? Nonononono!!

I thought I heard there was one you can get in game and a re-skinned one in the DLC. Really hope that's the case; seems a bit mean to show that off in so many of the promo vids, only to have to splurge some more cash on DLC to actually get it.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Emerson said:
I usually enjoy Gametrailers reviews of games, but I thought their review of this game was pretty bad. Granted, I haven't played it of course, but it seems like they were wholly unwilling to enjoy this game.
They ragged on Saints Row 2 quite a bit as well.
I find it funny that they Call the city Stillwater over and over when if you play more then intro you end up In a new City Called Steelport.
Its pretty obvious they didn't play it much for the review.

fernoca

dreamfall said:
Has the DLC been officially announced? Would it be possible to include in the OT?
DLC/Season Pass schedule/info:

The Nyte Blayde DLC Pack
This pack includes:
  • The Nyte Blayde Mobile
  • Altar Boy Outfit
  • Bloody Canoness Outfit
  • Bloody Canoness Bike.

Genkibowl VII
  • Scheduled to be available January 2012
  • The Wide World of Genki takes over Steelport for a sporting tradition totally and utterly unlike any other.

Gangstas in Space
  • Scheduled to be available Winter 2012
  • The Saints go intergalactic in this science-fiction misadventure.

The Trouble With Clones
  • Scheduled to be available Spring 2012
  • Copy-cat killing at its finest.

And for that matter; Online Pass details:
Online Pass (available in all new copies) allows for
  • Online play
  • System link
  • Campaign co-op
  • Co-op Whored Mode

nismogrendel said:
I broke down and preordered it - TF2 items and some free DLC isn't a bad deal. $50 too.

Question for you guys that are already playing. How is the driving?

I liked the mayhem of Just Cause 2 but I thought the driving had a shitty feel to it.

Asking again, anyone wanna chime in on the driving?

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
nismogrendel said:
Asking again, anyone wanna chime in on the driving?
It took me a bit getting used to... but I liked it. Very tight turning on some of the vehicles, so you find that at first you crash A LOT... but you'll be able to finesse your way around corners with the E-brake pretty easily.

Top Bottom