• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I usually enjoy Gametrailers reviews of games, but I thought their review of this game was pretty bad. Granted, I haven't played it of course, but it seems like they were wholly unwilling to enjoy this game.

Just a heads up for any UK Gaffers, Gameplay.co.uk is selling the game for 35.99 including free first class postage. Seems to be the cheapest I have found, they are pretty good for getting it there day one too.

MMaRsu

S1kkZ said:
how is the framerate for you? on 360 its pretty bad. you can choose between tearing + framrate issues or no tearing + heavy framerate issues.
Pretty smooth with no tearing, seems to me the ps3 version seems better but I havent played the 360 version.

Shurs

BladeoftheImmortal said:
Are the boobs uncensored in the game because if so, I'm creating a woman.

5XaXN.jpg

PaulLFC

The first DLC packs are getting added to the Steam Registry - the named ones so far are the Shark Attack Pack, the Invincible Pack, and the FUNTIME! Pack.

There's also a Season Pass, which includes four DLCs. Those are unnamed as of yet.

OneLetter

PaulLFC said:
The first DLC packs are getting added to the Steam Registry - the named ones so far are the Shark Attack Pack, the Invincible Pack, and the FUNTIME! Pack.

There's also a Season Pass, which includes four DLCs. Those are unnamed as of yet.

It will grant you access to 3 mission packs and the Nyte Blayde DLC Pack:
  • Genkibowl VII (Jan. 2012)
  • Ganstas In Space (Winter 2012)
  • The Trouble With Clones (Spring 2012)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
BladeoftheImmortal said:
Are the boobs uncensored in the game because if so, I'm creating a woman.

.....No, well unless you are getting the PC version then there will most likely be mods for your "needs".

OneLetter said:
It will grant you access to 3 mission packs and the Nyte Blayde DLC Pack

If I don't get RF Walkers or one of RF guns in any of these dlcs I will sell all my Volition games for a cent.

Shurs

OneLetter said:

Are there more coming?

If so, "Season Pass" seems like an ill-advised name.

NIN90

OneLetter said:

Is Ganstas In Space Winter 2011/2012 or 2012/2013?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
AgentOtaku said:
Anyone know if the PS3 version is Vsynced?

360 is tearfest twenty-eleven

well MMaRsu reporting no tearing in the PS3 version
MMaRsu said:
Pretty smooth with no tearing, seems to me the ps3 version seems better but I havent played the 360 version.

Has there been any talk of custom soundtracks for the PS3 version? Considering switching my preorder if the tearing isn't present, but I can't live without being able to play my own music.

MMaRsu

Charmicarmicat said:
Has there been any talk of custom soundtracks for the PS3 version? Considering switching my preorder if the tearing isn't present, but I can't live without being able to play my own music.
Yeah no custom soundtracks for ps3.. So easy to find a game in matchmaking for coop and the game isnt even out yet.. Fucking sweet! It does suck there arent more clothes or options compared to thw initiation station. And the voices suck. I had to give my awesome black guy a british voice because the black guy voice was such a whiney prick... :(. Removal of alcohol is so dumb because the effect can be seen in a whored mode wave ( which is really cool ). The removal of food and drugs seems dumb altogether. Could have found a way to throw grenades and have items. You also cant customize cribs anymore? Da fuck... No more items to walk over and retrieve money and acces weapons cache. Instead there is the triangle button and it constantly says acces crib. Kinda stupid. You cant listen to the radio while customizing cars... Noooo.

Wiggum2007

MMaRsu said:
Yeah no custom soundtracks for ps3.. So easy to find a game in matchmaking for coop and the game isnt even out yet.. Fucking sweet! It does suck there arent more clothes or options compared to thw initiation station. And the voices suck. I had to give my awesome black guy a british voice because the black guy voice was such a whiney prick... :(. Removal of alcohol is so dumb because the effect can be seen in a whored mode wave ( which is really cool ). The removal of food and drugs seems dumb altogether. Could have found a way to throw grenades and have items. You also cant customize cribs anymore? Da fuck... No more items to walk over and retrieve money and acces weapons cache. Instead there is the triangle button and it constantly says acces crib. Kinda stupid. You cant listen to the radio while customizing cars... Noooo.

Hey MMaRsu, what do you think of the design of the city of Steelport so far?

B-Dex

Will Prof. Genki stuff be available later or would Gamestop still have it if I pre-ordred today? haha I KNOW I'm lttp. :(

B-Dex said:
Will Prof. Genki stuff be available later or would Gamestop still have it if I pre-ordred today? haha I KNOW I'm lttp. :(

It's a code on the receipt when you pick the game up, so you can pre order thru Monday and still get it.

S1kkZ said:
you can turn vsync on (360 version) which results in a pretty bad framerate with no tearing.

So dumb that they STILL do this. I mean, you'd think after 3 games now, they'd be able to have Vsync WITH a good framerate.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
S1kkZ said:
you can turn vsync on (360 version) which results in a pretty bad framerate with no tearing.

well that sucks..

Glad I am getting the PC version (i5 2500K+GTX570+16GB RAM rig here)

S1kkZ

spidye said:
holy mother of god. soooooo smooth. sants row2 framerate was bad but this looks really fluid and nice
i only played the first hour of the 360 version its not as smooth, not even close. as soon as you drive a car, framerate takes a nosedive.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
AgentOtaku said:
PS3 version framerate seems to hold up pretty well here...

Looking Vsynced as well or at the very least, very minimal tearing.

S1kkZ said:
i only played the first hour of the 360 version its not as smooth, not even close. as soon as you drive a car, framerate takes a nosedive.

Well that very interesting considering the PS3 port of SR2 was really bad compared to the 360 version,but now SR3 on PS3 look it's actually the better one.

Green Man Gaming is getting right down to the wire with sending out those codes, huh? The game unlocks in eighteen hours according to Steam and I've had no sign of mine.

Had to buy Skyrim to alleviate my stresses... first world problems :p

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
SapientWolf said:
Yeah, it's coming on the 18th in the UK. Us Yanks will be playing it tomorrow.

it's not about the release date,GAME (game stores in Uk) was the reason THQ has not released Space Marine on UK steam.

Ryaaan14

Banned
The first Saints Row was always my go-to game to just fuck around in the sandbox without progressing the story mode. I skipped out on SR2, do you think this should be a day 1 purchase if I plan on just toying around in the game? It's been so long since I've played Saints Row.

Branson

Ah great. Now I'm going back and forth on which version I'm going to get. Have the 360 version preordered off of amazon. Had SR2 on PS3 and it was kind of meh technically and since most of the time open world games seem to be a bit better on 360 I got that this time. Fuuuuck.

The GB quick look had bad pop in from what I saw of the ps3 version. But they have been demoing the 360 version. Sigh..

MMaRsu

AgentOtaku said:
shooting R1 or R2?
R1 but you can probably change it, ill check in a minute. The design of steelport is really cool but I dont know how to get around like in sr1 and 2.

Qatar

I can't wait to put my hands on it and play it in coop, gonna have to do all levels of activities at first to get advantage over my coop buddy and beat the shit out of him. lol

I'm sitting here staring at the preorder screen on steam. I bought SR2 but never really got into it.

I loved rampages on GTA SA/VC back in the day, looks like this game is good for that.

PC will have controller support and all that im guessing? *edit* Yup controller is listed on steam sale page.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Alien Bob said:
Even stranger, the PC version is not shit.

Red Faction Abomination PC was the definitive version,it was Volition in house port after all so it's not strange really.

But it's really a bizzaro year for ports on PS3 since many of them are very decent actually and few are even better than the 360 ports, I guess devs finally got their shit together on PS3 after 5 years...well late is better than never I guess.

I broke down and preordered it - TF2 items and some free DLC isn't a bad deal. $50 too.

Question for you guys that are already playing. How is the driving?

I liked the mayhem of Just Cause 2 but I thought the driving had a shitty feel to it.

george_us said:
Bizzaro year. Definitely didn't expect this to be better on PS3.

Were there not also stories of Skyrim performing better on PS3? Those haven't panned out, so I wouldn't put too much stock in these claims, at least not yet.

Top Bottom