• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Digishine said:
It depends on what level Ur playing. I played about 20 mission's again cause of the AI :/

My time is
11:49:03
And I did it on normal

huh?why the spoiler tag? That almost like 12 hours an longer than many other open world games (JC2,Infamous2,Crackdown) was this with you doing all side stuff? or just the story missions?

Digishine

Banned
Totobeni said:
huh?why the spoiler tag? That almost like 12 hours an longer than many other open world games (JC2,Infamous2,Crackdown) was this with you doing all side stuff? or just the story missions?

I did spoiler cause some people don't wanna know anything how long it is :/

And I just did the story missions there aren't alot of story missions only

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Digishine said:

Well that it,12 hours without any of the side stuff is actually longer than SR2 if you play the main missions only ( and other open world game as I mentioned before like Crackdown or Infamous 2) open world games usually expand their play time by forcing the player of doing the side stuff, 12 hours without side stuff is just right and there are many other shit you us to enjoy too,so yeah this is totally a-ok for me.

Ploid 3.0

People want filler in their cereal. I'll give you this ring you seek, but first you must rescue my daughter. The guy that has her captive is ill, he may require you to find a cure. There is a doctor that knows of the cure but they need $300,000 for research. Right now you have $1,000 so you may want to take part in illegal means of obtaining currency. I know this guy that steal cars, he may need help. First you have to prove yourself to him.

Massa

Ploid 3.0 said:
People want filler in their cereal. I'll give you this ring you seek, but first you must rescue my daughter. The guy that has her captive is ill, he may require you to find a cure. There is a doctor that knows of the cure but they need $300,000 for research. Right now you have $1,000 so you may want to take part in illegal means of obtaining currency. I know this guy that steal cars, he may need help. First you have to prove yourself to him.

Hum, I think I played that game.

dreamfall

Digishine said:

Did you enjoy it more than Saints Row 2? Are the side missions better in your opinion? Can not wait to pick it up at a midnight launch- I'm mad excited to upload my character and just destroy everything...

Just watched a walkthrough of the first few missions. I'm not buying this game anymore unless someone tells me that * spoilers*
Johnny gat being dead is not true and he turns up later in the game and not as a fucking zombie

seriously. I was looking forward to this game but I just can't overlook that. Its what made saints row saints row.

MMaRsu

ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
Just watched a walkthrough of the first few missions. I'm not buying this game anymore unless someone tells me that * spoilers*
Johnny gat being dead is not true and he turns up later in the game and not as a fucking zombie

seriously. I was looking forward to this game but I just can't overlook that. Its what made saints row saints row.
What kind of spoilers are that asswipe?

Jamie OD

Ploid 3.0 said:
Still not enough content for my liking...

Grisby

Anyone got the install size on PS3 if there is one? Need to pick up more games for the thing and was thinking of switching my 360 preorder.

Backflip

ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:

At the end of the game, you unlock Zombie Gat as an ally. I didn't want him to die as well.

Enco

Darkshier said:
Yes, because the games are so similar that there is really only room for one.
When you have a limited amount of time to play you can't really afford to buy several big games.

Hopefully it sells well though. Might pick it up further down the line.

TxdoHawk

Enco said:
Awful time for it to come out.

Skyrim says hi.

More like November says hi, really. I think by now we've established that everybody wants to shove their game out during the holidays, consequences be damned. I don't know why, but that's the way it is.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Foliorum Viridum said:
The Giant Bomb Quick Look of this made it look kinda crazy, but the gameplay looks pretty bad.

I want to try it before I make up my mind.

the QL was really shitty imho,but watch these other GB video for better view on the gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voUtITO9Wlw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFLUqrve0Is

Grisby said:
Anyone got the install size on PS3 if there is one? Need to pick up more games for the thing and was thinking of switching my 360 preorder.

4037MB

Re2me.jpg

Marleyman

Banned
TxdoHawk said:
More like November says hi, really. I think by now we've established that everybody wants to shove their game out during the holidays, consequences be damned. I don't know why, but that's the way it is.

Not that GTA needed to do it to sell, but them releasing at the end of the Spring was a blueprint THQ should have followed with Saints Row 3.

Anyway, after a few hours of playing I am having fun. The main story is underwhelming so far, and cringe inducing at times. I feel no real connection the world and the Saints as a rough and tough gang. The radio stations are ok, but The Mix is the top pick so far for me. I have experienced some ugly pop in issues with vehicles appearing/disappearing and the streets are fairly empty for such a big city. I will post more once I get deeper into it.

Ploid 3.0

Pre loaded, I'm all set. The very first thing I'm going to do when I get out of the opening missions is find a way to skydive. Then build up some cash to build my weapon collection. Grab some cars (after I get a garage if it's not after opening), and find some good ones. I like Morning Star cars, so at least that one shouldn't be hard to find.

Ploid 3.0

Oh dang you got it? Stinking pc, well I doubt I would have found a early place in my area anyway. Grats man.

Edit: Oh man, I just realized, we'll be able to put a friggin tank in our garage collection!!! I hope you can pimp my Tank at rimjobs.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Ploid 3.0 said:
Pre loaded, I'm all set. The very first thing I'm going to do when I get out of the opening missions is find a way to skydive. Then build up some cash to build my weapon collection. Grab some cars (after I get a garage if it's not after opening), and find some good ones. I like Morning Star cars, so at least that one shouldn't be hard to find.

It's a habit I guess but I always do as many as possible side stuff before going into the main missions in sandbox games (even WRPGs) with SR2 go everywhere in the maps, collects the better cars and free the areas/clears the Strangleholds before jumping or returning to the main missions.

MMaRsu said:
Yea this game is pretty fucking great. Coop matchmaking is smooth as balls

Why you always play games too early and why I am always play games a week or more after their release :(

A question for anyone who is playing SR3 now.
Are the pedestrians a little taller than they were in SR2? In SR2, my female character wearing heels, was like a foot taller than guys on the street :/

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Hoya Destroyer said:
A question for anyone who is playing SR3 now.
Are the pedestrians a little taller than they were in SR2? In SR2, my female character wearing heels, was like a foot taller than guys on the street :/

I don't have SR3 yet but yeah that was so hilarious in SR2 if you play with a female characters (even without high heels since the model was just big).

dreamfall

Marleyman said:
Are you playing on 360? I couldn't activate my online code to play co-op at all.

Is this character upload working? If you created a character on Initiation Station, can you start immediately without problems with that character?

iratA

^ Oh noes.... if any game needed a video capture function it was this one. :( Just Cause 2 was a great example of a fun and dynamic sandbox that allowed for the recording of vids.

Game still looks like a blast though.

Backflip said:
At the end of the game, you unlock Zombie Gat as an ally. I didn't want him to die as well.

That's bullshit. No amount of dildo bats can make up for it. I'm out...at least till the game hits bomba status. I was going to buy it day 1.

MMaRsu said:
What kind of spoilers are that asswipe?

Excuse me?

MMaRsu

ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
That's bullshit. No amount of dildo bats can make up for it. I'm out...at least till the game hits bomba status. I was going to buy it day 1.

Excuse me?
A bit much without any warning..

Top Bottom