• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Weenerz

Banned
fernoca said:
DLC/Season Pass schedule/info:

The Nyte Blayde DLC Pack
This pack includes:
  • The Nyte Blayde Mobile
  • Altar Boy Outfit
  • Bloody Canoness Outfit
  • Bloody Canoness Bike.

Genkibowl VII
  • Scheduled to be available January 2012
  • The Wide World of Genki takes over Steelport for a sporting tradition totally and utterly unlike any other.

Gangstas in Space
  • Scheduled to be available Winter 2012
  • The Saints go intergalactic in this science-fiction misadventure.

The Trouble With Clones
  • Scheduled to be available Spring 2012
  • Copy-cat killing at its finest.

And for that matter; Online Pass details:
Online Pass (available in all new copies) allows for
  • Online play
  • System link
  • Campaign co-op
  • Co-op Whored Mode

How is the PC version going to do with this DLC plan? Do we all get the pass?

cacophony

People who have it: about how long will it take to fully max out your abilities and get every weapon/upgrade? Basically 100% it.

Ploid 3.0

cacophony said:
People who have it: about how long will it take to fully max out your abilities and get every weapon/upgrade? Basically 100% it.

http://www.honestgamers.com/reviews/9687.html

Despite its generosity, Saints Row 3 has an economy. Actually, the word “economy” is too dry. That sounds like something Ben Bernanke would say. What Saints Row 3 has is more like the largess of a capable but drunk dungeon master who wants to impress you. You are a fire hose through which money flows. The game constantly shows you stuff you want to buy, and it constantly throws money at you to buy it. Weapon mods, ammo, grenades, character abilities, customized vehicles, property, stronghold improvements, gang upgrades.

But I'm tempted to use the word “economy” because it does a great job balancing the amount of money you have and the amount of stuff you want to buy. And by "balancing", I mean there's never enough money, so there's always incentive to keep playing. I've played for just over thirty hours as of this writing, and some of those hours were just killing time waiting for money to roll in from the cola factories, furniture stores, and crackhouses I own. Yet I never had the sense that I had more money than I knew what to do with. On a few occasions, I would find I had been so caught up playing that, oh look, I have $200,000! Which melts away once I buy the airport, upgrade this shotgun I just found, and unlock extra shotgun ammo capacity. Wait, where did my $200,000 go? Not that I care, because I'm about to go try out this cool shotgun. Way to make money meaningful, Volition.

Looks like it's all about your strategy. Get the upgrades now, or get a lot of businesses to make even more money to get faster upgrades. Seems no mater how you do it it won't be super fast to get all of the upgrades.

Branson

I cant seem to pick release date shipping on amazon anymore what the fuck? I want to change it back to the 360 version.

fernoca

Weenerz said:
How is the PC version going to do with this DLC plan? Do we all get the pass?
PC guess will use Steam or just an online store through the menu. Schedule's apparently the same, only the first 3k customers that bought any of the versions from THQ directly get the Season Pass (all scheduled DLC). All [new] console versions include an Online Pass (to unlock the online modes).

fernoca said:
PC guess will use Steam or just an online store through the menu. Schedule's apparently the same, only the first 3k customers that bought any of the versions from THQ directly get the Season Pass (all scheduled DLC). All [new] console versions include an Online Pass (to unlock the online modes).

No, Season Pass is for all customers from THQ Store. It was briefly "first 3,000" but it has been "all" ever since.

For a limited time, all pre-order customers will receive a FREE DLC Season Pass and Professor Genki's Pre-Order Pack with purchase!

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Wait let me make sure I'm getting this tight: if I preorder this on thqs website, it will come with the season pass as a bonus? Will I get a key that will work on steam if I get this from thqs site?

Big Ass Ramp said:
Wait let me make sure I'm getting this tight: if I preorder this on thqs website, it will come with the season pass as a bonus? Will I get a key that will work on steam if I get this from thqs site?

Yeah, you can even order digitally from their site. Game is Steamworks, so any codes you get, even for the game itself, would be Steam codes.

danmaku

fernoca said:

The game is Steamworks, so they can easily put all the dlcs in the steam store.

jediyoshi

Owlju.jpg

Loaded up the Init Station one last time. Would be nice if there was an option to remove it from your games list when the game comes out.

jediyoshi

guitarhero said:
That's easy. Open Steam, Games tab, right-click on the IS, "delete local content". *Poof* It's not there anymore! Thank you!
Ah right, I forgot that happens with some free items. Now if only they'd let me remove these Source game betas..

Any word on when the GMG keys are expected to hit? According to steam the game releases in 2 hours, according to GMG it's 3 days and 2 hours.

Ploid 3.0

Can't believe this. A few more hours and I'm going to be playing this badboy. Actually I forgot it won't be unlocking at 12am but 11pm for me. Steam east coast right?

Nopren

SenorDingDong said:
Any word on when the GMG keys are expected to hit? According to steam the game releases in 2 hours, according to GMG it's 3 days and 2 hours.

I have the same problem. I think it is mainland europeans getting screwed and getting the UK release date. I have tried to write GMG about it, but have yet to receive a reply.

Kerrinck

Still 4 days to unlock it here on steam.
Is it possible(and safe) to use a US vpn to get it earlier?
I think some people did it successfully with skyrim.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bought it on the store. Compelling deal with the Season Pass and whatnot. Pretty seamless too, downloadthing through their DL manager at 1mb a second now.

Probably the quickest I've ever gone from realizing I wanted a game to buying it. It's just me all over.

mxgt

Banned
Chriswok said:
Will the THQ Store Digital Download give a code for Steam?

Yeah I ordered on THQ because of the season pass offer and it gives you a downloader and a code.

I just used the code on Steam and it registered fine. Hoping the pre order stuff and the pass work fine on Steam too

SmokyDave

Ordered my copy from the THQ store. I don't even know when the game releases, I just know I have to play it.

Edit: Any idea where I find my CD key? I've never ordered from THQ before.

Also, has the initiation station been taken off Steam? I can't find it.

Saften said:
I have the same problem. I think it is mainland europeans getting screwed and getting the UK release date. I have tried to write GMG about it, but have yet to receive a reply.
I think it's everyone getting screwed and getting the UK release date. I'm in Australia where I'm pretty sure the game is unlocking on Steam right now and I don't have my key yet.

Either that or the GMG staff just aren't back at work from the weekend yet.

SmokyDave said:
Ordered my copy from the THQ store. I don't even know when the game releases, I just know I have to play it.

Edit: Any idea where I find my CD key? I've never ordered from THQ before.

I would like to know this too. All I can see when I log into findmyorder.com is the invoice.

Derrick01

Banned
Really wish GMG would give me the key. I'd like to have this ready to go for midnight, it'll be a fun diversion from Skyrim for a few days.

The problem is that it's a third person non-cover based game, so multiplayer can be hard to do right. SR1 had some good modes, but SR2 MP sucked.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
mxgt said:
Yeah I ordered on THQ because of the season pass offer and it gives you a downloader and a code.

I just used the code on Steam and it registered fine. Hoping the pre order stuff and the pass work fine on Steam too
Huh yeah I just used my Steam code too. Curious about the DLC and the season pass.

mxgt said:

Ah nice! The US version is £10 cheaper. Not sure if I can fool the THQ store into believing I'm from the States though.

TxdoHawk

My 360 copy has been "in transit" from a post office 20 minutes away since Friday. :( Hoping it shows up today. You never know with the terrible tracking system USPS has in place...

I like early releases.

Euro release day is this friday - I got it last saturday :) (with Red Faction Armageddon FOR FREE on top of it )

And this game is sooo good, like digital crack.
Over 15 hours in and only 21% done. I played exactly 1 main mission and a few activities - mostly diversion stuff or just doing chaos.

You will love it.

Btw: the online pass and preorder bonus are not active yet :(

Cptkrush

Ploid 3.0 said:
VPN?

Is there a way I can get my us version unlocked like apparently Skyrim users got their early?
Unlocking with Aussy VPN now.
Going to share my VPNSecure account when it's done, if my game is working properly afterward.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
come on Friday..hurry up.

DoDonGouki said:
I like early releases.

Euro release day is this friday - I got it last saturday :) (with Red Faction Armageddon FOR FREE on top of it )

Don't even think of touching that abomination..run away from it,man...run away.

My PS3 copy status changed to shipping soon on Amazon, so for me that puts an end to my dilemma of whether I should get the PS3 or 360 version.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Got the Shakes said:
My PS3 copy status changed to shipping soon on Amazon, so for me that puts an end to my dilemma of whether I should get the PS3 or 360 version.

seeing how THQ sent GiantBomb the PS3 version as a review copy and they know GB will do a QL of it, I think you are in the safe zone.

MMaRsu said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C-vfqTyZZY

Doesnt look like that has any tearing, even if I did record it with my phone (lol)

dat badass turtleneck

Top Bottom