• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

TimeKillr

amrod said:
Hong Kong VPN didnt work :(

Crap I just noticed your message. :) I guess the London hop from VyprVPN will work in 4 hours or so...

I'm just wondering though - once you unlock it through a VPN, you don't have to remain connected to it to play, right? You can disconnect from it and it'll still work?

Regardless, we also have Amsterdam, London *and* Paris from VyprVPN. It's currently 9pm in Paris and Amsterdam, so that means only 3 hours. I will assume that it'll unlock from the Paris time...

spk

How big is the Steam install? I'm hoping it won't take me another 8 hours to download it :| once GMG finally gets their shit together

Flunkie

Banned
Meh, if it doesn't come out until Thursday it's just one less distraction for me this week before my boatload of exams on the latter part of the week.

Ploid 3.0

If I use the vpn thing there is no down side right? The game is still mine and I won't need the australia account or anything ever again?

Are some people really surprised that they pre-ordered the game from a UK website that says it'll send the keys out on the game's UK release date, which is four days from now, and they haven't gotten keys yet?

Full disclosure - I also did this.

GrayFoxPL

MMaRsu said:
Man this game is so fucking sweet, the vehicle handling is so much better than sr2.

Good. I've been playing Vice City and SR2 and coming from first to second I'm crashing like an idiot.

spk

IndieJones said:
Are some people really surprised that they pre-ordered the game from a UK website that says it'll send the keys out on the game's UK release date, which is four days from now, and they haven't gotten keys yet?

That hasn't been true of other games even as recent as BF3. They also said that people will probably get keys for their respective release dates (but no guarantee). Whether they have the keys or not isn't really the problem, it's the lack of communication and clarity.

Will someone tell me how big the Steam download is?

IndieJones said:

Full disclosure - I also did this.

Bought Deus Ex from them and they sent out keys well in advance of the American release date. I personally don't blame them for this as ultimately it's up to THQ but the lack of communication is a bit frustrating.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
MMaRsu said:
Man this game is so fucking sweet, the vehicle handling is so much better than sr2.

Intresting..is it more closer to GTA3/SA or something more snappier like Burnout Paradise/Driver San Francisco

spk

Apparently GMG is sending out emails telling people the game is available but the email doesn't include the key and it's not yet available through the site. Still waiting for both

Fox318

spk said:
Apparently GMG is sending out emails telling people the game is available but the email doesn't include the key and it's not yet available through the site. Still waiting for both
Yup I got it.

It says the game will be available for download on the 14th at 00:00 but they didn't say what timezone.

spk said:
Got my key from the site, check your keys there.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Bleh, havent received the email and site has no key =(.

edit:and right as I post that i receive an email with the key lol.

spk

Which region are you in? This is what it says under the SR3 page on my profile

This game is not available for download yet. It will be on 15-Nov-2011. Any required keys will be made available on that date.

No key is listed under the keys tab either. No email yet. Guess I'll wait

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Sweet, just got the GMG code too, so now I can download it through the night and play a bit tomorrow morning before school

Adnor

Banned
yeswlea3.png
Hell yes! :D

spk

Have my key now. 10 gigs ugh so much for a preload I won't be playing until release with my download speed

Flunkie

Banned
Prophet Steve said:
Me neither.
Just got mine. Try going to "Keys" under your username, instead of "My Games" then clicking on SR3.

Edit: Mine shows up under the game now too. Cool. I guess complaining here works. :p

Flunkie said:
Just got mine. Try going to "Keys" under your username, instead of "My Games" then clicking on SR3.

Edit: Mine shows up under the game now too. Cool. I guess complaining here works. :p
Yeah, already watched on GmG constantly, just took a little bit longer here.

Top Bottom