• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
first time to buy anything digitally from THQ, and I would just like to say that THQ should be ashamed for trying to sell a $4.99 "extended download service." You should be able to redownload the game whenever you want, not have to pay an addition fee to do so.

InertiaXr

Big Ass Ramp said:
first time to buy anything digitally from THQ, and I would just like to say that THQ should be ashamed for trying to sell a $4.99 "extended download service." You should be able to redownload the game whenever you want, not have to pay an addition fee to do so.

You mean like Steam

Big Ass Ramp said:

i got my copy for free on Amazon.. isn't the game Steamworks?

Eusis

When I checked (didn't buy anything) you could remove it from the order, it's just there by default. And oddly enough was only there on the boxed copy (maybe not being there for the digital version had to do with removing it there?)

Card Boy

Banned
Just discovered this it the SR3 Steamapps folder. The display.ini file

Options for

-Highres textures
-Lighting detail
-Take off motion blur
-Toggle for cutscenes not to be letterboxed

Maybe something for Dennis4K to play with.

Hawk269

For PC Players: How is the controller support for this? Is it GREAT as in Skyrim where icons are changed to the 360 icons when using a 360 controller or is it the clusterfuck that is Battlefield 3's controller support?

jayTOH

This is the first non-indie game that I've paid full price for in years! This unlocking and waiting makes it feel like I've become sloppy and slow at opening game cases, hahaha.

Maddness

does anyone else not have the genki preorder stuff in their DLC content? or is it not supposed to show there? I preordered this the day skyrim came out and I don't see any of it in my properties list.

obonicus

Hawk269 said:
For PC Players: How is the controller support for this? Is it GREAT as in Skyrim where icons are changed to the 360 icons when using a 360 controller or is it the clusterfuck that is Battlefield 3's controller support?

It does that, yep. I keep the controller plugged in for the helicopter sections, and it switches fairly seamlessly between the two.

SlickVic

Decrypting was going fast at first, but seems to have have slowed down to a trickle once it hit 33%.

Edit: mine also seems stuck at 39% now

madmook

Yay, got a shipping notice from the THQ store (360 version). Hopefully the season pass stuff will be worth it, because I could've gotten this cheaper from Amazon.

Edgeward

SlickVic said:
Decrypting was going fast at first, but seems to have have slowed down to a trickle once it hit 33%.

Edit: mine also seems stuck at 39% now

Once mine finally got past the 40% mark it went by real fast. Installing now. =0

Branson

Getting ready to go and get it at midnight, is the pre order code in the case or would it be printed on the GameStop receipt?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anybody who preordered on the THQ store and activated on steam, any idea about the DLC/Season Pass yet?

Qwell

Anyone have a link to the Walter White character on the community site? There doesn't seem to be a search function.

My Steam herpderped and said the Steam servers couldn't handle it when decryption hit 100%, so Steam's solution is to redownload all the Saints Row 3.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I don't know if anyone's answered this yet - do the Initiation Station characters transfer across platform, ie. if I created someone on 360, can I download that same guy/girl on PC?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
This game is absolutely nuts. When you think you've seen everything, the game takes it a gigantic leap further and all you can do is laugh until you pee. I thought I had seen everything to do with this genre but clearly I am wrong. If anything Volition should be applauded for their creativity when it concerns the missions.

AEREC said:
Can you alter your character after you've created them, including the what they look like and their sex?
Yep.

bishoptl said:
I don't know if anyone's answered this yet - do the Initiation Station characters transfer across platform, ie. if I created someone on 360, can I download that same guy/girl on PC?
I think that depends on whether you uploaded them on to the community thingy or not. If you did and you have an account on there, pretty sure it is able to select it when you choose your character. I didn't try it because I couldn't upload my monstrosity when Initiation Station came out.

Maddness said:
does anyone else not have the genki preorder stuff in their DLC content? or is it not supposed to show there? I preordered this the day skyrim came out and I don't see any of it in my properties list.
I don't have it on my list either and I slapped down a pre-order when it was first available on Steam.

AEREC said:
Can you alter your character after you've created them, including the what they look like and their sex?
If this is anything like SR2, you can easily change everything about your character at just about any time. Sex, voice, combat style, everything. Just like recreating your character from scratch.

Haklong

Game is running at 60 FPS but the cutscenes are locked at 30. The sound and what's going on during the cutscenes aren't syncing either so the sound ends up way ahead of what’s going on during the scene.

VALIS

Just bought the PC version via Amazon for a slim $40, currently downloading in the background, but goddamn I have a lot of work to do tonight. Stupid job. I've been playing SR2 all week in anticipation, too. (the Gentlemen of the Row mod is great!)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
:O

Dear Aaron ,

Thank you for ordering on THQ. The product that you preordered is now available.

Order ID: 9567231226
Product ID: 238245100
Product Name: Saints Row The Third Season Pass
Release Date: November 15, 2011

Dear Aaron ,

Thank you for ordering on THQ. The product that you preordered is now available.

Order ID: 9567231226
Product ID: 238245200
Product Name: Saints Row The Third Professor Genki Preorder Pack

:D

n0b

Anybody know a way to set the refresh rate for this game? It wants to force one my monitor doesn't support.

Erudite

Props to Volition for making a smooth port.

AEREC said:
I was given the same options I was in the initiation station after I downloaded my character, although I dove straight into the game, didn't opt to change anything on my character.

SlickVic

Started getting some slow down in the first mission, but then I remembered my drivers haven't been updated for a couple months. Hopefully that fixes my issue.

Kintaco

I've never played any of the SR games, but it looks like tons of fun. I'm debating getting this on PC, but maybe I'll wait for the winter break from school before buying it.

Top Bottom