• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
whyman said:
Im getting horrible framerates. Even on Low the game slows down when too much stuff is blowing up. (and thats all the time in SR3) Got 4 gig of ram, 2.3 ghz quad core and a GTX 560TI but i guess this game is really demanding. Other than that, fun game!

I think you cpu bottlenecking the hell out of your PC.

spk

I tried launching using a NL VPN and it prompted me to download another 3gb, so I cancelled it and restarted normally (which then told me the install was fine). I restarted again using a UK VPN and this time it wanted to verify the files. Now I'm stuck downloading another 3 gb :( for whatever reason. At this rate I wont be playing until the actual release. haha oh well

Mikor

My wife and I are both incredibly hyped for this one, especially just coming off a Saints Row 2 co-op playthrough. Just pre-ordered on Steam and preloading now, can't wait for midnight Eastern time!

We're going to livestream it as soon as we're able to play it, which is in about 3 hours from now. Can't wait to roll with the Saints one more time.

Nelo Ice

Banned
OneLetter said:
From what I've heard, they'll be sending the codes at midnight. It's all up to them though, I have no control over the THQ Store.

So the codes are seperate? Curious since I didn't receive a separate code for ordering from green man gaming.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ah man, this is out? I wanted to be there day one but I'm tapped out from buying Skyrim and Rayman. I'll probably go with this over Batman PC when I'm ready to buy a new game, though.

DrBo42 said:
Doing some streaming of the PC version for a bit. www.justin.tv/drbo42

Canons!

EDIT: Damn this game is too funny!
lol.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
mxgt said:
Hey quick question, I ordered the PC digital version from THQ and activated on Steam, how do I access the genki and season pass stuff? they show on my order page but there's no codes associated with them so I'm not sure how it works exactly

Thanks
I'm looking for exactly the same answer to this. The email from THQ just had the one code. Hmmmm.

I needs to VPN this. I'll be asleep at midnight and won't have a chance to play tomorrow. At least let me play the first mission. :/

Card Boy

Banned
Unlocked in Australia earlier than the RoW. Amazing game so far, played the first 70 minutes up to the first crib.

Performance can be much better but its still pretty good. In doors i get 60fps, but its closer to 30fps outdoors on my 5870, all maxed out with Direct X11 settings at 1920x1080 res. It's odd considering Just Cause 2 looks better and is butter smooth at 60 plus FPS.

Here is a compressed Steam screenshot. I changed my guy alittle from the default one.

GdeBW.jpg

Oscar Worthy Gameplay indeed.

i5 2500k overclocked at 4.4ghz
8 gigs RAM
Radeon HD 6950 2gb

Chances of running this game at near 60 fps (also, I can only run it at 1280x720 because I'm using my TV as a monitor at the moment)?

Also, a question about the game itself...Is the speed of the driving faster? One thing that really bothered me about SR1 and 2 was how slow the driving felt.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Gez said:
Unlocked in Australia earlier than the RoW. Amazing game so far, played the first 70 minutes up to the first crib.

Performance can be much better but its still pretty good. In doors i get 60fps, but its closer to 30fps outdoors on my 5870, all maxed out with Direct X11 settings at 1920x1080 res. It's odd considering Just Cause 2 looks better and is butter smooth at 60 plus FPS.

Here is a compressed Steam screenshot. I changed my guy alittle from the default one.

http://img.acianetmedia.com/i/GdeBW.jpg

Oscar Worthy Gameplay indeed.[/QUOTE]

to be fair here JC2 have empty -and way less detailed- towns with fewer pedestrians and cars.

Card Boy

Banned
mercenar1e said:
i love nvidia.. smooth outdoors and indoors in Skyrim and Saints Row =]

Believe me last time i buy an ATI card. Way too many problems and shit driver support that more often than not breaks things.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
AMD support, cards and drivers sucked for years now, I actually wonder why many of PC GAF are still stuck with them.(price related?)

Teknoman

Totobeni said:
AMD support, cards and drivers sucked for years now, I actually wonder why many of PC GAF are still stuck with them.(price related?)

I'd say. That was the case for me anyway...not for the next card I get though.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I haven't bothered with the 360 pad yet but combat is really satisfying in the game so far with M&KB. Getting headshots on people holding a hostage up is always cool. Gunplay seems as outrageous as the game itself which is great.

The Mana Legend said:
Also, a question about the game itself...Is the speed of the driving faster? One thing that really bothered me about SR1 and 2 was how slow the driving felt.
Cars seem a bit faster than before, though I haven't touched SR2 in a long time. It takes a little while to get used to the drifting because you need to keep accelerating through the corner, rather than the norm where you let go of the acceleration > handbrake > accelerate. I've still got to fiddle with it a bit more though so I'm not sure if that is the correct method.

Edgeward

Totobeni said:

I can definitely say next year I will no longer be using AMD, the support is just awful. And all these new releases just continue to add shit to the pile.

Weenerz

Banned
Took some pictures of the PC version, game is incredible, so well made and it runs great. Good job THQ

Some should be considered NSFW since my guy has his crotch pixelated. Beward.

Ploid 3.0

Weenerz said:
Took some pictures of the PC version, game is incredible, so well made and it runs great. Good job THQ

Some should be considered NSFW since my guy has his crotch pixelated. Beward.
[/url]

Awesome pics, what are your specs btw?

This game looks so good.

Card Boy

Banned
Totobeni said:

Yep. The 5870 was cheap as compared to all the Nvidia cards acouple years back, only reason i got it.

Ploid 3.0

Weenerz said:
8gb ram
GTX 570
1680x1050 on ultra (8x AA/16x AF), game runs without any noticeable frame drop.

Nice, and third pic provided me with a avatar upgrade. I got my pc anticipating this game. I plan on upgrading cards and something like this is what I want.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Anyone who preordered the Digital Download version from the THQ store (aka Digital River) get their product code yet?

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Kyouji said:
Anyone who preordered the Digital Download version from the THQ store (aka Digital River) get their product code yet?

For the game? It gave it to me instantly on the next page

edit: ok, nevermind I guess. I just "pre-ordered" it, but it is technically available to download right now. so it gave me the key instantly. I don't know how it works for people who actually preordered.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Kyouji said:
Well, yeah, it was in the email immediately when I bought it. So weird that not everyone got it...

That said, I have no clue about the DLC/Season Pass on Steam. Still feeling uneasy about that.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Big Ass Ramp said:
For the game? It gave it to me instantly on the next page

Yeah, it seems people who ordered it after it said "Available" are getting the codes immediately, but those of us who preordered haven't gotten it yet. Unless I'm blind and my Inbox is lying to me.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Actually more experimenting and it's simply the drift/handbrake button that needs to be held down.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Kyouji said:
Yeah, it seems people who ordered it after it said "Available" are getting the codes immediately, but those of us who preordered haven't gotten it yet. Unless I'm blind and my Inbox is lying to me.

ok, I just realized that's probably what happened

jaxpunk

Kyouji said:

I'm in the same boat. Bought it Friday and got a invoice but that's about it.

Top Bottom