• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Amagon

Got my codes for Professor Genki & Season Pass from THQ!!!! Now, its a waiting game for the mailman to deliver my GAME!!!!

Derrick01

Banned
Not really liking the performance I'm getting with my 470 though I can't tell if it's the game's fault being so resource heavy or my gpu's fault. I've been having a suspicion it's been damaged for a little while now.

First few missions were ok I guess. I just now opened up the ability to go anywhere so tomorrow when I'm not so salty on the performance I'll put more time in.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So genki is a seperate dlc code right? Curious since I didn't get another code from gmg and I preordered.

edit:yep it is a code really hope we get our codes soon.

d0c_zaius

playing ps3 version, and performance-wise its pretty good so far.

I still hate how they make you pick between the voices as none of them ever fit though.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
SIGH.....pre-order from futureshop is till showing "Checking Availability"

Which means it won't ship out till today and arrive tomorrow if i'm lucky.

Bummer..but their page does list you get Genki pack for preorder which would be awesome.

Flunkie

Banned
So is the ATI performance a thing? Cause I'm getting a subpar framerate for my computer on High. Everything is so much smoother on Low and Medium, but I still get slowdown/hitching when driving.

Regardless of the (my?) issues right now, I'm super impressed with the animation and scripting so far. Impressive (and awesome) stuff right out of the gate!

Ploid 3.0

Qwell said:
Anyone have a link to the Walter White character on the community site? There doesn't seem to be a search function.

This one?

cc1025e457bd3ae0ad6a232e0055570015902d06.jpg

http://www.saintsrow.com/profile/Ploid

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Flunkie said:
So is the ATI performance a thing? Cause I'm getting a subpar framerate for my computer on High. Everything is so much smoother on Low and Medium, but I still get slowdown/hitching when driving.

Regardless of the (my?) issues right now, I'm super impressed with the animation and scripting so far. Impressive (and awesome) stuff right out of the gate!

I'm getting 30ish FPS no matter what I change my settings to.

I'm not too thrilled with AMD these days.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Love how smooth the kb+mouse/controller transition is. So nice being able to do on foot stuff with kb+m then when i get in a vehicle I just use my controller and the on screen button prompts change accordingly.

Thought I was the only one with poor frame rates on a ati, guess we have to wait for new drivers.

This is the fourth time in a row this year with ATI drivers always being a problem, cant wait to go nvidia next year.

mxgt

Banned
Nelo Ice said:
Love how smooth the kb+mouse/controller transition is. So nice being able to do on foot stuff with kb+m then when i get in a vehicle I just use my controller and the on button prompts change accordingly.

Indeed. They've done a great job with the PC version imo. No issues so far for me and a very good frame rate.

madmook

So I got e-mails from THQ that the Genki pack and Season Pass are available, but how do I get them? I'm assuming they are codes I have to redeem (360 version)? Will I get those in another e-mail?

GhostRidah said:
Nope, I see a dlc for 1.99$ that enables cheats in the steam store.

=/

This shit better be available for the Season Passers...

madmook said:
So I got e-mails from THQ that the Genki pack and Season Pass are available, but how do I get them? I'm assuming they are codes I have to redeem (360 version)? Will I get those in another e-mail?

Wondering the same thing

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Gotta put settings on low to get anywhere near 60, and that only happened on foot, inside a building.

Yeaahhh, I think I'll just put this game down and wait for some fixes. I don't have the patience for this nonsense again.

Back to Skyrim.

Nelo Ice

Banned
mxgt said:
Indeed. They've done a great job with the PC version imo. No issues so far for me and a very good frame rate.

Yup game runs splendily for me and I already kno I'll try to 100% it and unlock everything lol. Also can't wait to see what modders will come up with since the game is already completely insane.

Salacious Crumb

I'm running everything on Ultra with 4xaa at 1080P and getting a consistent 50FPS, that's on a 6970. I don't think performance is that bad....

madmook said:

The Xbox codes are in the email. Like this:

Product Name: Saints Row The Third Professor Genki Preorder Pack
Release Date: November 15, 2011

Digital Rights: J T D G 9 - G H Q G 7 - C 3 4 W D - 7 T Q G 3 - X K H G Z

My season pass isn't working though, brings up the Xbox.com "Uh oh" page. That's probably not on the XBLM yet or something.

Flunkie

Banned
Well I've got an i7 Q720 @ 1.60, M7820, and 4GB DDR3 in my Elitebook 8740w. It's not great (these days), but it's run the latest and greatest at medium/high settings lately.

mxgt

Banned
HadesGigas said:

My season pass isn't working though, brings up the Xbox.com "Uh oh" page. That's probably not on the XBLM yet or something.

I hope that code has been used already..

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Salacious Crumb said:
I'm running everything on Ultra with 4xaa at 1080P and getting a consistent 50FPS, that's on a 6970. I don't think performance is that bad....

Ati 5000 series always has had performance issues running in Dx11 maybe its related to that. anyone thats getting slow performance if you run in dx9 does it help?

Ken

None of the pre-order stuff under my View Downloadable Content under Saints Row: The Third on Steam. Are they just not enabled yet?

Amagon

OneLetter said:
I'm really glad to hear that the PC is running great for all of you. The PC team here put in a lot of work to make it run well across a variety of systems. Remember to update your video card drivers as well! Many people forget this and it's a quick thing to do that generally helps a ton.

Also, small heads up for those picking up the game tonight on 360. The codes will not actually go live until approximately 1AM PST / 4AM EST for the co-op code or Genki code. Once MS does their weekly update, all the codes will go live, and then you'll be able to play with your co-op partner and start shooting civilians everywhere with the manapult. Note that PC and PS3 codes should already be working.

Flunkie

Banned
bloodydrake said:
Ati 5000 series always has had performance issues running in Dx11 maybe its related to that. anyone thats getting slow performance if you run in dx9 does it help?
Ah, I forgot about trying that. I'll do that tomorrow.

Game looks great on High and Ultra, no doubt about it. It just runs like crap for me.

Edgeward

Yea, the performance takes a hit when driving really fast in the city but that's about the only time. Other than that the hit is pretty negligible for me on my 5670.

Game is soo much fun, the driving is so responsive especially since I just got done playing the GTA Liberty City stories where it was such a chore and I avoided as much as possible.

I will say though that having an entire gang come after you non-stop once you aggro them and in fucking droves is pretty annoying after a while.

jns

So what drivers are you nvidia owners running? I have a 570GTX and Its crashes galore with the latest beta drivers (skyrim ones) and want to hear what your all running. Thankfully Skyrim has only had a few crashes in 15 odd hours and NF3 is well, bf3 :)

spk

jns said:
So what drivers are you nvidia owners running? I have a 570GTX and Its crashes galore with the latest beta drivers (skyrim ones) and want to hear what your all running. Thankfully Skyrim has only had a few crashes in 15 odd hours and NF3 is well, bf3 :)
No crashes in any of those games. Latest beta drivers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
HadesGigas said:

OneLetter said earlier that the Season Pass codes on XBL will work when Xbox updates... So.. Tuesday? I think? Or maybe Wednesday.

Flunkie said:
Ah, I forgot about trying that. I'll do that tomorrow.

Game looks great on High and Ultra, no doubt about it. It just runs like crap for me.
Tried it in DX9 with a 5850, it performs arguably worse than DX 10 ...

Dead

well not really...yet
I have to say, the
Zombie voice
option in the character creation was the single most laugh out loud moment for me in a game in a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Like, holy shit.

legbone

Dead said:
I have to say, the
Zombie voice
option in the character creation was the single most laugh out loud moment for me in a game in a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Like, holy shit.

yeah it reminds me of the character that tommy chong used to do named "blind melon chitlin". made me laugh my ass of the first time i heard it.

madmook

HadesGigas said:
Mine says: "Digital rights: H" for Genki and "Digital rights: F" for season pass. One letter codes would run out quick, I gotta say...

Nelo Ice

Banned
Uriah said:
So do those of us who pre-ordered of GMG get the pre-order bonus or not?

Guess we gotta wait and my guess is we'll get em on Friday..when the game releases in gmgs region.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/action/saints-row-third/
Customer notes
Pre-order Saints Row The Third and receive Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack absolutely free!

Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack includes:

Professor Genki's Leisure Stunt Suit The ultimate in comfort and tight-fitting apparel, the Genki Leisure Stunt Suit is perfect for skydiving over Steelport or to wear while ejecting from high-flying fighter jets. Free Genki mask included!

Professor Genki’s "Octopuss" Weapon Fire baby octopi onto your enemies’ heads! Watch as the octopi massage their scalps and your enemies fight for you! Enemies can be friends too!

Professor Genki’s Super Ballistic Man-a-pult Cruise Steelport in style with this vacuum-action human-cannonball truck. Suck up pedestrians and use them as live ammunition against the forces of evil, and everyone else.

spk

Uriah said:
So do those of us who pre-ordered of GMG get the pre-order bonus or not?
Before the game launched they said we were. None of these keys have been sent out yet. GMG isn't commenting on it, just like the whole thing with the activation keys.

Top Bottom