• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

I'm so glad I used the 50% code to get Saint's Row on OnLive for $25.

Here are the codes:

CODE: TEKZILLA50
OTHER 50% OFF CODES: TOTALLY50 and DTOID50

EDIT: These codes only work for the US version of OnLive, not the UK.

They can only be used once per user. I have no idea when they expire so act now.

Anyway, I'm loving the game. I played it for an hour and a half when it unlocked at 12:01am this morning. They seem to have the graphics settings at high and the piture quality and control seems native, which is a good thing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
jaxpunk said:
Wow really? Who would have guessed a $1200 computer would run this flawlessly!
Actually my pc was $900 and that was roughly 1 year and two months ago... :) Though it was an amazing deal, I'll grant you that!

MMaRsu

Soo many features from sr2 missing though. I miss personality options like how you walk, fight and the crazy faces. The voices imo still suck.

MMaRsu said:
Soo many features from sr2 missing though. I miss personality options like how you walk, fight and the crazy faces. The voices imo still suck.

Damn, those personality options are out? That sucks. I'll be getting this game later today, not sure when I'll play it though. I'm having a hard time tearing myself away from Skyrim.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
We're now living in a post Saint's Row: The Third world people... things are never going to be the same. I can't wait to hear people's reactions to this game... it's absolutely nuts.

MisterTHQ

THQ Member
We're currently running a competition to win a full set of Saints Row: The Third Bobble Heads. We basically want to see your best character creations using the Initiation Station!

All the details on how to enter can be found here - http://www.thqinsider.co.uk/2011/11/09/

The competition is open to UK residents only.

So, in order to settle the Gamepad versus Mouse/Keyboard argument once and for all... Saint's Row 3 actually let's you control with the gamepad and the mouse simultaneously! I'm running around with my Dual Shock 3, using the shoulder button for iron sights while aiming with the mouse for ye good ole PC precision. Not even Just Cause 2 let me do this sort of stuff. So. Good.

Anton Sugar said:
Really tempted to scoop this up for $40. It sounds like it's a much better PC port than Saint's Row 2 was?
Much better from what I can tell. It was done in house. OnLive uses the PC version and it's smooth as butter.

SmokyDave

MisterTHQ said:
We're currently running a competition to win a full set of Saints Row: The Third Bobble Heads. We basically want to see your best character creations using the Initiation Station!

All the details on how to enter can be found here - http://www.thqinsider.co.uk/2011/11/09/

The competition is open to UK residents only.
Any idea when the UK cd keys are going out chap?

Is there any reason that the game doesn't have a Steam page?

I've pre-ordered but I'm starting to wonder if I'll be playing this on Friday or not.

MMaRsu said:

The voices are ok, but I miss having my black chick voice. Im not sure why they took her out for the Russian accented one :/

Derrick01

Banned
I am completely confused here. When I turned ambient occlusion to low from off I'm actually getting better performance so far, is this supposed to happen? I was dipping to 47-50 fps while driving fast, now it's 57-60.

I need to go back to bed :lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
El_TigroX said:
We're now living in a post Saint's Row: The Third world people... things are never going to be the same. I can't wait to hear people's reactions to this game... it's absolutely nuts.
Just got the first legit base and I have to say I know exactly what you mean.

OG Kush

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
Damn, those personality options are out? That sucks. I'll be getting this game later today, not sure when I'll play it though. I'm having a hard time tearing myself away from Skyrim.
I put this in today after playing like 10 hours of skyrim over the past few days and its just not holding me. Played the first 2 missions, messed around in the city for 10 mins and then went back to skyrim. The world just seemed so static compared to skyrim, and I missed being able to loot every body i killed haha. I'm sure the game is good, but after playing an open-world game with so many options and possibilities, SR3 just aint scratching that itch..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
They are open in completely different ways.

I'm sure I'm going to put far more time into Skyrim overall, but none of it will be spent guiding missiles from a UAV, skydiving from a VTOL, or shooting myself out of a cannon.

Ploid 3.0

These gangs are no pushover. I felt good when I held down the territory. Need to take a break. I think I need a better PC to play this with a better framerate, or hopefully drivers and patches make it better.

720p saints :(

I see no reason to do missions and I'm loving it. Everything so open already. I'll do them for easy respect and stuff for sure, but now I'm free to do what I want.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
MMaRsu said:
Ps3 version framerate is hardly poor lol. Much much improved from sr2. Also no tearing.
Is there no tearing on PS3? The 360 version (from what I've seen) has near constant tearing, which is a huge turn-off these days.

Well, it's official, my only purchases for November have been this and LotR:WitN for my PS3. Skyrim is my long term Gamefly rental until they patch the 360 textures. Didn't really predict this 6 months ago :p

Zeth

dark10x said:
Is there no tearing on PS3? The 360 version (from what I've seen) has near constant tearing, which is a huge turn-off these days.

This is a little off-topic, but what is your avatar's message? I think my brother owned one of those years ago, I'm just curious.

Anyway, I'll be picking this up this weekend. Should be a nice break from Skyrim.

Wow, game has been great so far.
I'll be honest, I only got to play the opening act and then run around the city for a few minutes but it was amazingly fun!

One thing you can say about SR games, they are fun!

Ploid 3.0

I was on a hunt to find a good helicopter for my helipad garage and kept running into randomness.

Like someone else, I also ended up using control pad + mouse for a bit. My mouse doesn't have many buttons though.

MisterTHQ

THQ Member
SmokyDave said:
Any idea when the UK cd keys are going out chap?

Is there any reason that the game doesn't have a Steam page?

I've pre-ordered but I'm starting to wonder if I'll be playing this on Friday or not.

If you've pre-ordered from shopTHQ then the codes will be sent out on launch day (just after midnight). You'll then be able to install with Steam from launch day. :)

SmokyDave

MisterTHQ said:
If you've pre-ordered from shopTHQ then the codes will be sent out on launch day (just after midnight). You'll then be able to install with Steam from launch day. :)
Perfect. Got Friday off work, y'see.

Thanks for the response!

Derrick01

Banned
OG Kush said:
I put this in today after playing like 10 hours of skyrim over the past few days and its just not holding me. Played the first 2 missions, messed around in the city for 10 mins and then went back to skyrim. The world just seemed so static compared to skyrim, and I missed being able to loot every body i killed haha. I'm sure the game is good, but after playing an open-world game with so many options and possibilities, SR3 just aint scratching that itch..

Yeah I'm having a hard time staying interested too, though not because of Skyrim. The game's just not doing much for me so far, I'm not having fun just blowing shit up with tanks and helis as bonus activities. It gets old after a couple minutes.

Shurs

Headed out here in a minute to pick up the 360 version before going to work.

I've got my fingers crossed that its potential technical shortcomings don't bother me. Thankfully, I'm not often bothered by framerates, so I think I should be fine.

FHIZ

Has anyone gotten their prof. genki code from Amazon yet? I had to cancel my order and replace it friday due to an issue, so I'm getting worried I may have missed some cut off date for the pre order bonus.

MMaRsu

The perfect Dark said:
Anyone tried co-op on ps3? Is it laggy? should i play the story first?
Not laggy at all sometimes a little bit. Either way a million times better than acr. If you want to coop I assume it saves ur progress

Wrekt

My box copy from thq.com has been sitting in Iowa for 5 days now with no movement. Here is hoping the crappy shipping company they used are just shitty at updating their tracking.

Jesus. Just realised I played this game for 4 hours straight, that doesn't happen too often for me. This game is so cool! I wish this hadn't came out now so I could give it more attention, Skyrim is top priority.

So much stuff to do and unlock, soo addictive.

Moaradin

So is the PC version the definite version this time around? As much as a bad port SR2 was, I still loved dicking around in co-op with a friend.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Derrick01 said:
I am completely confused here. When I turned ambient occlusion to low from off I'm actually getting better performance so far, is this supposed to happen? I was dipping to 47-50 fps while driving fast, now it's 57-60.

I need to go back to bed :lol
Maybe forcing AO forces DX10/11 mode.

MisterNoisy

Moaradin said:
So is the PC version the definite version this time around? As much as a bad port SR2 was, I still loved dicking around in co-op with a friend.

I'd say so - it runs seamlessly for me and even behaves properly when alt-tabbing (as opposed to say... Skyrim). Only weird issue I had was with the community stuff, but I'd imagine that we'll see a repeat of the issues they had with the Initiation Station.

The other issue I had with the community features is that the game will not allow passwords over a certain length to be entered (something of a derpy oversight), and my password apparently exceeded that length.

Anyone else not able to import their initiation station character? It says I don't have any characters available, but there are three on my profile.

MisterNoisy

FleckSplat said:
Anyone else not able to import their initiation station character? It says I don't have any characters available, but there are three on my profile.

Yeah - after I changed my password to be shorter (so that the game would let me log in), I still couldn't retrieve my IS toons. Just gotta wait for Volition/THQ to fix it, I suppose.

B-Dex

FleckSplat said:

You have to log on to the site and click on your uploaded character and hit the add to queue button. Weird extra step but once queued they show up.

MisterNoisy

B-Dex said:
You have to log on to the site and click on your uploaded character and hit the add to queue button. Weird extra step but once queued they show up.

Ah - Thanks! Good to know, as the game doesn't expose that information readily.

DrBo42

Does anyone know if items get added to the upgrades menu as you progress? I think it happened last night during my play, but I can't be sure. I'm not talking about Upgrade 1 unlocking Upgrade 2.

Top Bottom