• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Ploid 3.0

Ahhh I gotta take a break. I put it back up to 1080p and just dealing with it at around 24-30 fps. 6 hours, and I did 4 missions.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
MisterNoisy said:
Ah - Thanks! Good to know, as the game doesn't expose that information readily.
I think it mentions it the first time you try to go to Community in the Main Menu and login.

spk

bluedeviltron said:
Tried playing as a female, could never stop vomiting at the horrendous voice acting and cutscene animation.
There's nothing wrong with the voice acting. The animation could use some work

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Ploid 3.0 said:
Ahhh I gotta take a break. I put it back up to 1080p and just dealing with it at around 24-30 fps. 6 hours, and I did 4 missions.
What are your specs? That is some lousy performance right there.

Stitch

Gold Member
Geforce GTX 560ti
Athlon x4 3.2ghz
4GB RAM

I get bad performance in Skyrim and Saints Row... :-/

Most of the times it's smooth, about 35-50fps, or 60fps in rooms and then when I'm driving I drop to 22fps.

I hope it's just a crappy driver. I think the last 2 were optimized for Battlefield3.

Just finished about one hour of play on PS3. Never played the first two games.

Started this up, shit went bananas fast. Game looks like ass but has style. I was moderately impressed and interested in a fastfood-like game. Nothing catched my interest though.....

.....Then Kanye's Power starts when I parachute out of a chopper to take over a penthouse.

fuck%2Byea.png

Will look past all the jank and probably enjoy this quite a bit.

MMaRsu said:
How is it unpolished and janky?
Enemies pop in when I'm driving, literally right in front of me. My character will be walking on the sidewalk and just fall over. I've gotten thrown out of cars somehow in co-op and ragdolled out on the street. There's often real priority confusion over reviving someone and taking the enemy hostage that's shooting them.

I did say the game was amazing, though.

FHIZ

So, has anyone gotten their Genki code?

I'm hearing a lot of stuff around the internet from people who ordered from places like Best Buy, Amazon, Steam, not getting it. Haven't received any email from Amazon yet :/

I love this game. Playing on PC 1920x1200 on high settings. Get like 30-40 fps with vsync turned off.

The missions are pretty awesome, side quests are really fun. The ATV/light people on fire mission is great.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
firehawk12 said:
It really was. Did they use new actors this time around?

Yes unfortunately :(

Volition wanted to hire Katie Semine again ( she is the white female voice or the famous female badass voice in SR2)but she retired from voice acting business and left LA, she is now an elementary school teacher.

FHIZ said:

I'm hearing a lot of stuff around the internet from people who ordered from places like Best Buy, Amazon, Steam, not getting it. Haven't received any email from Amazon yet :/
Nope nothing from my Steam purchase!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
JetBlackPanda said:
what is the word on the 360 version? how does it run?
I'm really curious about this too. I have both systems, but prefer the 360 controller and generally have crappy online performance on PSN with my crappy connection at home. But if the PS3 version runs better in single player, I'll definitely buy that one.

Bread

Banned
Well this sucks. I was creating a character after the first mission, and I chose the Maero Mullet and it half froze, I can still move my character around and music is playing, but pressing A,B, or Start does absolutely nothing. I hope it saved after that first mission... edit: it did. I would be careful trying to put the Maero Mullet on, it might be glitched.

Totobeni said:
Volition wanted to hire Katie Semine again ( she is the white female voice or the famous female badass voice in SR2)but she retired from voice acting business

Oh man that seriously bums me out. Female Voice 1 WAS SR2 for me.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
FHIZ said:

Yeah, I got it from Amazon when I pre-loaded. It's in the digital item list but I don't think they emailed it.

FHIZ said:

Yeah, BB preorder here (for trade in deal). No code yet. Was going to ask when I picked it up.

FHIZ said:

I got mine immediately from Amazon's digital download. I just plugged the code in to Steam and it worked.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shaundi has gone from being an unmemorable character to being completely unlikable. I'm not sure if that's good or bad

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
SapientWolf said:
Yeah, I got it from Amazon when I pre-loaded. It's in the digital item list but I don't think they emailed it.

Do we know why Amazon.com has that Genki pre order only for the download version but not for the disc version? ( even Amazon.co.uk have it for the disc version)

StopMakingSense said:
Oh man that seriously bums me out. Female Voice 1 WAS SR2 for me.

Same here :(

FHIZ

Totobeni said:
Do we know why Amazon.com has that Genki pre order only for the download version but not for the disc version? ( even Amazon.co.uk have it for the disc version)
it was offered for the disc version too, for sure. absolutely positive on that one. The only thing that's thrown my for a loop is that I usually have that email for pre order content waiting in my inbox when I wake up, so far, no such luck.

fudgey_lumpkins said:
Has anyone who ordered their copy through THQ received their codes for Genki and the Season pass yet? I still haven't gotten mine.

I pre-ordered the PC disc/physical copy from THQ. My package is still in Illinois for some reason, but they emailed me the season pass and Genki codes yesterday. C'mon USPS, give me some love!

Fox318

I played 4.4 hours already and I'm enjoying it a lot.

But for some reason I miss Stillwater and the jankness of the old art style. I also miss the drugs and food and some of the old activities from Saints Row 2.

The game is a must buy but also pick up Saints Row 2.

OneLetter

Anyone that ordered from THQ and got codes that contained a single character, please note that THQ is looking into it and will correct the issue.

Also, for those of you on Steam, the Genki pre-order pack should now be unlocked. You will probably have to restart Steam though and log back into your account to see it.

Fine Ham Abounds said:
I broke down last night and picked this up from Gamestop at midnight, the Genki code was on my pick-up receipt.

Same here, got the PS3 version and my Genki code on my reciept, been playing and having a blast!

Would suck to have performance problems or waiting for codes.

VALIS

Hey Volition or THQ guy, any idea when the community features (especially screenshot uploading) on the website might go up? Thanks.

You know working somewhere must be fun when a Community Manager uses the phrase "big-ass X" instead of "very informative" or "extended".

OneLetter said:
Anyone that ordered from THQ and got codes that contained a single character, please note that THQ is looking into it and will correct the issue.

So should we submit a support request or will this be automagicly fixed for us at some later date?

OneLetter

Baron_Calamity said:
So should we submit a support request or will this be automagicly fixed for us at some later date?
A support ticket with THQ will never hurt, but I'm hoping they can automagically fix everyone once they find the issue with a select few I've already passed to them.

i just picked up my pre-order. the gamestop people told me THQ never sponsored any preorder bonus for the PC version. does that mean manapult and ocotopus gun are in already?

what a frustrating crap.
wtf is this shit?
dumb AI gets killed every time. can't use my reaper on enemies (wtf?)
shit sniper-helicopters follow every step.

so after 3 hours the main story is not fun anymore.

ttocs

Elfish said:
Anyone bought the Shark Attack Pack?
Is it worth it?

I would say it's worth it if you plan to play the game a lot. I usually beat the single player Saints games and then just mess around in the world for hours and hours. Spending a few bucks for some extra stuff is a no brainer for me because I'll get use out of it. If you are only going to play through the game once and be done with it, then just play with the content that comes with the game and avoid the DLC. There's enough stuff in the game to keep you occupied, you won't need more.

madmook

OneLetter said:
Thanks for acknowledging this, that is my exact situation (360 version). Hopefully we'll get new e-mails with the actual codes.

Top Bottom