• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

CrookedRain said:
ATI cards seem to be having performance issues with the game. It runs really well maxed out for me on a GTX 570 so far. Also, people should be aware that cutscenes seem to be capped at 30fps for some strange reason.

Whoops, thought this was the Skyrim thread.

Messi

Dead said:
It blasts people with Shark Bait (fish guts, blood, etc) and this GIANT LAND SHARK erupts from the ground and eats the person

ihSDwEKT5ApJh.gif

044159e6e0b6bbae9a223ead74efee75883a7b7.gif

Coop

Is there anyway to speed up the decryption? It's going like 1% a minute.

Edit: Of course as soon as I post that, it finishes.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
GhostRidah said:
The sound is definitely off, I thought I was the only one with that problem, i heard the console version and it sounds way better.

Has anyone alt-tabbed out of the game and checked to see if Windows 7 creates a separate volume slider for the game? This is the usual culprit-

I also noticed the sound mix was pretty awful. Putting all the audio sliders in-game to 100% helped somewhat.

I'm going to be very angry if they just botched the mix on the PC entirely. That is one of the few things that never get patched.

Straxus

My game just came in from Amazon, but there is no indication of genki dlc on cover. Is it safe to open? I preordered last week.

Concept17

Sounds like I was right to pick up on PS3 and not for my radeon 4870. Last few games I've had issues (usually stuttering) and I'll be glad not to deal with that shit again.

Will likely double dip later on when I get a new card though. :)

ttocs

Straxus said:
My game just came in from Amazon, but there is no indication of genki dlc on cover. Is it safe to open? I preordered last week.
Doesn't Amazon usually email out their codes?

The assassination quests are pretty fun. Also the radio in this is much better than GTA4. Amon Amarth and Mastodon on the metal station is pretty great.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
nismogrendel said:
The assassination quests are pretty fun. Also the radio in this is much better than GTA4. Amon Amarth and Mastodon on the metal station is pretty great.
Wish they brought back the talk radio from the first one though.

weeskwee

Banned
has anyone that preordered through Steam checked today to see if the preorder Genki DLC is there yet? Nobody seemed to have it last night after the unlock. :(

Derrick01

Banned
So what is in the Genki dlc that's supposed to come with the game? I never got a code like a lot of other people, but I've done 3 Genki side activities already so I don't know if I have it or if it was something else.

DrBo42

Derrick01 said:
So what is in the Genki dlc that's supposed to come with the game? I never got a code like a lot of other people, but I've done 3 Genki side activities already so I don't know if I have it or if it was something else.
Should be in your crib. It's a weapon and a vehicle.

Edit: And an outfit.

Fox318

Derrick01 said:
ala greenmangaming

Pre-order Saints Row The Third and receive Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack absolutely free!

Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack includes:

Professor Genki's Leisure Stunt Suit The ultimate in comfort and tight-fitting apparel, the Genki Leisure Stunt Suit is perfect for skydiving over Steelport or to wear while ejecting from high-flying fighter jets. Free Genki mask included!

Professor Genki’s "Octopuss" Weapon Fire baby octopi onto your enemies’ heads! Watch as the octopi massage their scalps and your enemies fight for you! Enemies can be friends too!

Professor Genki’s Super Ballistic Man-a-pult Cruise Steelport in style with this vacuum-action human-cannonball truck. Suck up pedestrians and use them as live ammunition against the forces of evil, and everyone else.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So still no genki codes for those who preordered from gmg? Sigh they never communicate whenever theres a problem or questions...

spk

How long are these dlc mission packs supposed to be?

Nelo Ice said:
So still no genki codes for those who preordered from gmg? Sigh they never communicate whenever theres a problem or questions...

James made a forum post saying he was looking into it. That's all we know

Fox318

Nelo Ice said:
They do a little on their forums but its not clear who is staff or not.

spk said:

I thought they said that the DLC was now unlocked in steam and that you might have to restart your client. Anyone try it?

This game has also so many problems...it's often no fun to play. The main story is totally disappointing so far. Every damn mission is the same: Kill 1000000000000000 random guys + kill 10000 unfair minigun guys/flamethrower guys/fatguys. AI is dying every 10 seconds so I can't fight the enemies...i constantly have to revive my AI partners.

It's a mess

spk

DoctorWho said:
I thought they said that the DLC was now unlocked in steam and that you might have to restart your client. Anyone try it?
I'm talking about the Season Pass DLC missions

_woLf

I'm loving the game but I'm a little disappointed with the clothing selections...not only is there not very much of a variety, but a lot of the options make my female character's hips look absolutely massive (like the long hoodie) where as others it looks normal.

I wish there was a bit more customization to the body, like hips and such...oh well.

ttocs

The perfect Dark said:
This game has also so many problems...it's often no fun to play. The main story is totally disappointing so far. Every damn mission is the same: Kill 1000000000000000 random guys + kill 10000 unfair minigun guys/flamethrower guys/fatguys. AI is dying every 10 seconds so I can't fight the enemies...i constantly have to revive my AI partners.

It's a mess
It sounds like you went into the game not knowing what it was going to be. You should research your purchases more because what you explained is exactly what I love about Saints Row. Over the top humor with mass killings. As for you dying, just practice more. Or lower the difficulty.

MMaRsu

ttocs said:
It sounds like you went into the game not knowing what it was going to be. You should research your purchases more because what you explained is exactly what I love about Saints Row. Over the top humor with mass killings. As for you dying, just practice more. Or lower the difficulty.
Or upgrade your shit.

Teknoman

The perfect Dark said:

It's a mess

Upgrade your weapons, stats, trick out your vehicles, and then go to town on your enemies.

Fifty

I'm not sure if this was posted already, but it seems as though a ton of people (myself included) who preordered from THQ in order to get the season pass for free were just given one digit codes in their emails (as opposed to the full 15 digits/letters necessary).

Pretty sloppy stuff. A guy on the official site forum is trying to help us out but for now I'm annoyed.

edit: Just looked through the thread and saw the CM posting here. I feel better knowing that they're working on it!

nismogrendel said:

Which Amon Amarth song, mayne? If it's Runes to My Memory or Cry of the Blackbirds = sold.

Nelo Ice

Banned
spk said:

He did? Just checked the forums and couldn't find a post by him.

edit:well just checked their twitter at least theres a response on there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
For anyone who's wondering, the sniper rifle that comes with the strategy guide dlc is actually an assault rifle option rather than special, and it holds up to like 500 ammo..

It's also a Golgo 13 reference.

Fox318

I hope the new DLC has some new Radio stations.

Also as mentions before is anyone on PC having an audio lag during cutscenes?

Okay will try it with upgrades. Don't get me wrong: Overall I like this game. I'm just disappointed with the main story 'cause I still miss the "craziness" that was promised by the trailers. for me it's still a normal "Saints Row" with a Dildo :D (If you know what I mean). Okay Prof. Genki is fun (really fun) but it's just a new activity...nothing more.

But I'm very sure that co-op will save the day

Top Bottom