• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Ploid 3.0

I use a PS3 controller. Didn't notice anything bad about it, maybe it's because I'm just used to playing with controllers for everything I can.

FoxSpirit

Btw, if anyone know whwre I can find the menu music pieces, I'd be grateful. The are NOT on the OST, the are not original tracks, they are 1 minute shorts that just kick major ass and I want it.

Ploid 3.0

SR3 Modding soon?

Saints Row Modding Forum Coming Soon

November 18th, 2011
This may be hard to believe, but I sat down today with Minimaul, Firespite, and foamcup and we managed to work through our issues from last year’s big blowup. The result was that we made our peace and have agreed to join forces to mod SR:TT.

Minimaul is working on getting a new site and forum up for discussion, information dumping, and tutorials that we all can share. Things will likely start heating up once we’ve all beaten the game and begin digging into the files, and I’ll continue to post news here, as well as hosting the GotR and upcoming GoS mods.

This is from that IdolNinja guy that fixed SR2 for pc I think. A SR3 modding community would be awesome. Skyrim is already heating up with it's big modding community, though it seems that engine is a lot more familiar or something.

Adnor

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
SR3 Modding soon?

This is from that IdolNinja guy that fixed SR2 for pc I think. A SR3 modding community would be awesome. Skyrim is already heating up with it's big modding community, though it seems that engine is a lot more familiar or something.
Yes!!
I want Thor's Hammer in SR 3 :D
Also, the special guns on Frendly Fire and your Weapons Crib.

Fox318

I downloaded OnLive for the first time to try it out and this has to be the most played game.

I'm loving the game but Saints Row 2 is still my favorite of the series but I still haven't really gone that deep into the missions.

Lazy Jones said:
Same for me using Xbox pad on PC.
Feels like the vertical sensitivity is lower than the horizontal too although it's set to the same values.
This game actually has decent mouse controls, so I'm not really sure why you wouldn't just use that on the PC if the controller sucks.

Artadius

Ploid 3.0 said:
SR3 Modding soon?

Holy shit that is awesome news! Gentlemen of the Row is one of the best mod productions ever and made SR2 for PC a truly special game.

Adnor

Banned
krameriffic said:
This game actually has decent mouse controls, so I'm not really sure why you wouldn't just use that on the PC if the controller sucks.
I use the controller for driving, except when I want to shoot at the same time. I can't aim with analog sticks.

Baha

krameriffic said:

Yeah this game controls surprisingly well with mouse & kb, good job Volition. I can actually drive vehicles without any complaints and I'm already loving the helicopter controls that I usually despise in other open world games.

Finished the story last night after about 25 hours according to Steam. Between this and Dead Island it's been an amazing year for supposedly "B-grade" titles, it's rocketed to the top of my favourites for the year and I haven't even tried co-op yet.

I haven't played a game since NOLF2 which had me laughing out loud this much. It's like a glorious satire of video games, pop-culture and gangster movies all mashed together with loving hands and then fired into your cerebral cortex with a railgun. I frequently had to pause the game until I stopped laughing, particularly listening to the commentary during S.E.R.C. matches.

Amazing game, and it feels like I've barely scratched the surface. Random highlights, spoilers all the way to the end of the game:

- (autotuned) "Let's get the lights on. I'm tired of trippin' over bodies."
- "Leave me and my tiger alone!"
- "Alright you fucking unicorn, you're going down."
- "I need a hero! I'm holding out for a hero in the morning light."
- Gangstas in Space. Holy shit.

So good. Really looking forward to playing it through again with a friend now.

krameriffic said:

For the record, it doesn't. I played through the whole game with a 360 controller and it was great, there is lag with vsync switched on but you can all but eliminate it by forcing triple-buffering.

It kills me to wait for my co-op partner to play the game. I just can't help but load up the game and fuck around for a while on my own without doing missions.

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
Darkshier said:
Buy properties, stay idle in game world for hours, profit.

That works, but you have a limit on how much money you can transfer and I believe in Act 1 it's only like 50k. I just buy property ,stores first because you get income and a discount. Then I just run around and do activities and buy more. By the time I was done with Act 1 I owned all property and stores.

Now what's peoples favorite weapons, and I have to say mine are fully upgraded dual wielding pistols. Then the fully upgraded shotgun, those two I spend so much time playing with.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Arkaerial said:
That works, but you have a limit on how much money you can transfer and I believe in Act 1 it's only like 50k. I just buy property ,stores first because you get income and a discount. Then I just run around and do activities and buy more. By the time I was done with Act 1 I owned all property and stores.

Now what's peoples favorite weapons, and I have to say mine are fully upgraded dual wielding pistols. Then the fully upgraded shotgun, those two I spend so much time playing with.
Dual Wield upgraded Death Blossoms tear through everything.

Also the
Sonic Boom

zoner said:
Dual Wield upgraded Death Blossoms tear through everything.

Also the
Sonic Boom

Idk, the starting smg is great once you max it out. Fire bullets are fun :) But yea my favorite is still the starting pistols with exploding bullets. Only set of guns I didn't like were the rifles, by the end of the game they felt really weak compared to the others

Arkaerial said:

Not sure what Act I am on, but I have a transfer limit of 150k.

I am liking the fully upgraded Shepherd 45's. Great damage, range and fire rate. Shotguns don't have enough range for me, SMG's/rifles seem too weak, even when fully upgraded. Dual pistols is the way for me to go, plus lots of grenades of course.

Are there any satchel charges in this game ala SR2?

Darkshier said:
Not sure what Act I am on, but I have a transfer limit of 150k.

I am liking the fully upgraded Shepherd 45's. Great damage, range and fire rate. Shotguns don't have enough range for me, SMG's/rifles seem too weak, even when fully upgraded. Dual pistols is the way for me to go, plus lots of grenades of course.

Are there any satchel charges in this game ala SR2?

yes continue the story and you get the option of getting them

Arkaerial said:
Now what's peoples favorite weapons, and I have to say mine are fully upgraded dual wielding pistols.

SaintsRowTheThird_DX11%202011-11-19%2007-49-55-48.png

Yo.

Baha

Uriah said:
I noticed this game has steam cloud support. Is it just settings, or does it also upload saves?

I'd say saves since my cloud upload was 227kb but it's 440kb now after 2 new saves.

obonicus

Darkshier said:

Dual-wielded SMGs with fire bullets kill things the fastest, in my experience. And the fire serves as crowd control for everything human.

stuminus3

AMD released a 11.11 CAP2 profile today that apparently helps with Saints Row 3 (crossfire and single card configs).

Release notes only say "performance improvements when running in lower resolution configurations" and it's only a CAP not a full driver release (which I find does nothing on my single 5770) but I won't get a chance to try it out for myself for another few hours. If anyone has AMD and has had problems wants to try it out, report back on if it changes anything for you!

Clicky here.

ksimm

SapientWolf said:
You're the only person I've seen with good performance on a 5850. It might help Volition if you post your specs, driver version and framerates.
Righto will do. Here you go Volition, hope this helps.

DxDiag

Also I am running D3D Overider.

Edit: One thing, is it me or does the fade in of distant objects seem a little too close? Things seem to fade into view really late, I would love to know how to fix that because it kind of sucks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there a way to replay missions or select a new game+ type deal? It's kind of lame if I can't get everything on one character or that i'm forced to co-op

stuminus3 said:
AMD released a 11.11 CAP2 profile today that apparently helps with Saints Row 3 (crossfire and single card configs).

Release notes only say "performance improvements when running in lower resolution configurations" and it's only a CAP not a full driver release (which I find does nothing on my single 5770) but I won't get a chance to try it out for myself for another few hours. If anyone has AMD and has had problems wants to try it out, report back on if it changes anything for you!

Clicky here.

It may help your performance. AMD has changed CAP's to not just be about Crossfire - they also include single GPU performance improvements as well.

Bread

Banned
jim-jam bongs said:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1093026/images/high-rez/general/SaintsRowTheThird_DX11%202011-11-19%2007-49-55-48.png[IMG]

Yo.[/QUOTE]
I just unlocked the explosive bullets today, they destroy everything.

DrBo42

Elfish said:
Anyone else experiencing terrible lag in the online coop with the pc version?
I've noticed some lag between when my headshot hits and when the enemy actually dies. That's the only way I've been able to measure it.

Murkas

SapientWolf said:
You're the only person I've seen with good performance on a 5850. It might help Volition if you post your specs, driver version and framerates.

May I ask what the horror stories are?

I have a 5850 and I've been playing it for like 4-5 hours and I haven't noticed any problems so far, only things that come to mind is that the game will freeze for a second when I get a steam message for the first time and then it will be fine after that.

Dizzle24

I hope there's a patch coming for how fast noteriety build up/the amount of enemies come after you. Seriously, sometimes if I bump a gang member with my car, there's already a fucking road block on the corner...I want to be able to fuck around the city without starting WW3 every 2 minutes!

Levi

Banned
Yo, this is my first Saint's Row game. When a property says it earns $100/hour, or whatever, is that real world hours or game time hours?

Bread said:
I just unlocked the explosive bullets today, they destroy everything.

I'm actually using the black pistols because they look cooler, but the explosive shots from the silver pistolas are crazy.

Dizzle24 said:
I hope there's a patch coming for how fast noteriety build up/the amount of enemies come after you. Seriously, sometimes if I bump a gang member with my car, there's already a fucking road block on the corner...I want to be able to fuck around the city without starting WW3 every 2 minutes!

I have some good news and some bad news for you...

FoxSpirit

ksimm said:
Righto will do. Here you go Volition, hope this helps.

DxDiag

Also I am running D3D Overider.

Edit: One thing, is it me or does the fade in of distant objects seem a little too close? Things seem to fade into view really late, I would love to know how to fix that because it kind of sucks.
Must be an ATI thing, on my friends GeForce I hardly saw any pop in. Some high end model, mind you.

Dizzle24 said:
Bad news first, please.

During Act 3 martial law is declared, turning the entire middle set of islands into a restricted zone where you get attacked just for driving down the street.

The good news is that by then you'll have access to a lot of toys, so you can fly around an avoid the military guys pretty easily. Personally I enjoy the carnage so I usually ride a Kaneda around at warp-speed.

Nealand Liquor said:
Just bought this game (360) minutes ago based solely on this thread. With that said gentlemen, anything I should know when I start it up?

1. Remove pants
2. Insert DVD
3. ???
4. Die happy

Seriously, the game needs no introduction. The first act grabs you by the short and curlies right from the start and it just keeps upping the ante until the climax.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nealand Liquor said:
Just bought this game (360) minutes ago based solely on this thread. With that said gentlemen, anything I should know when I start it up?
You can't finish certain assassinations later in the game, so try to get them done when you can

Dizzle24

jim-jam bongs said:
During Act 3 martial law is declared, turning the entire middle set of islands into a restricted zone where you get attacked just for driving down the street.

The good news is that by then you'll have access to a lot of toys, so you can fly around an avoid the military guys pretty easily. Personally I enjoy the carnage so I usually ride a Kaneda around at warp-speed.
:/ not sure if want.

But thanks for the info.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
SR3 Modding soon?

I love PC gaming! Can't wait to for mods to add even more ridiculousness to SR3.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I have some good news and some bad news for you...

Lol.

Bad news first, please.

Well....good news is that
Gangs stop showing up as you progress
Bad news is that
STAG comes in their place, and they will fuck your shit up hardcore

Beat the game, last mission was one of the coolest moments I've had in gaming for a while outside of Skyrim. Game got better as I went on, more and more stuff opened up, combined with the more money for perks/levels and it seemed to flow better. I did miss having infinite ammo at the start of the game with sidequests. Having them tied to
level 50
means you're not getting them until they very end-ish of the game unless you're seriously grinding things out.

I do wonder where SR4 can go from here though, especially with the nature of the ending.

Also, some of the Vehicle theft missions get ridiculously difficult once
STAG
shows up, so do all of those as soon as you can.

Top Bottom