• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

I just realised something about this game today. You can't pick up anything at all in this game. I don't know why this just occurred to me today but I remember being able to pick up pretty much anything and use it as a weapon was a pretty big part of SR2. Kinda odd.

Its especially disappointing because I suspect the mechanics for the player to pick up and throw objects, are already in the game, at least on some level.
Ive seen Brutes pick up random objects (including people) and throw them at me, many times.
Maybe Volition will add object-throwing via DLC or something?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
good news ..missions replay mod is almost ready

Mission Replay Progress

Spent all day Saturday working on it (16 hours straight!) and it’s close to being finished!

http://idolninja.com/blog/?p=1236

Idolninja is also working on phone radio(listen to radio on foot)and no cellphone/homies cool down ,Toggle Upgrades and set time(always dusk,noon,night..ect).

Damn, just finished this fuck awesome game. Both endings, "good" first, "bad" after. Hope the good one is canon.

And I have to say, I just fucking love Laura Bailey's voice and performance in this (female voice 1). The way she deadpans and is condescending with her "honey" and "sweetie" is flawless.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Damn, just finished this fuck awesome game. Both endings, "good" first, "bad" after. Hope the good one is canon.

And I have to say, I just fucking love Laura Bailey's voice and performance in this (female voice 1). The way she deadpans and is condescending with her "honey" and "sweetie" is flawless.

She did good job,I think she is the best lead voice in The Third, but the big problem was that Laura sometimes put too much emotions in her lines when not needed and very calm in the wrong times so she sound like FemShepard more than Saint's Boss, Katie Semine was just perfect in SR2, she was sarcastic in the right moments, pure psycho when needed, batshit insane funny also and just super cool gangsta most of the time, just what the boss supposed to be.

Asking again if someone can help,

On the PC version I notice it does a lot of blurring to try to achieve what I can only guess a DOF look. What graphic setting is used for this? Anyone know how to turn it off? A lot of times it just ends up making the game look like a blurry mess. Other times it looks ok but I would love to just turn it off completely.

Playing in DX10 and 11 option when starting the game if that helps.

Yes, the game requires Steam.

If it's not $40 on PC at Best Buy, it's still that price on Amazon. They send you a code, you put in Steam, bam.

I might just do that. I was going to go to best buy and get the b2 g1 on sr3, mario kart 7, and sonic generations on pc... but it looks like sonic isn't steamworks so I might just buy saints row for 40 anyway.

EDIT: After talking to people in the sonic thread it is steamworks. Now I just hope that best buy has it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
THQ/Volition/Oneletter here is an idea for you guys

please hire Kotobukiya (or anyone good) to make the Saints famous statue into a small figure
xgkSb.jpg

^this but smaller

I will buy it for any price. (I wanted it as LE before you guy announcing the Headphone...but there is no harm for asking again)

please hire Kotobukiya (or anyone good) to make the Saints famous statue into a small figure

http://i.imgur.com/xgkSb.jpg[IMG]
^this but smaller

I will buy it for any price. (I wanted it as LE before you guy announcing the Headphone...but there is no harm for asking again)[/QUOTE]
Oh I'd totally buy one.

xgkSb.jpg

^this but smaller

I will buy it for any price. (I wanted it as LE before you guy announcing the Headphone...but there is no harm for asking again)

Yep, I'd buy one.

When I change the gender using Imagine Again, can I also change the voice? It would be crazy to have a girl running around with male voice.

JWong

Banned
Finished the game. The humour is so great.

I put it at number 3. Below UC3 and BF3, but above Skyrim. All the other junk goes below those.

Fifty

So, I just got the game and downloaded the free copy of SR2 that comes with it on PSN.
Do you guys think that it'll still be a worthwhile experience to play through that after SR: The Third? I hear there are enough differences so that it's not simply playing an inferior version of The Third.

JWong

Banned
Wait, what? They have different dialogues when a mission is played over?

Just watching a part on youtube and the dialogue segment is completely different from what I heard.

snack

Is this game worth it? I've never played the previous SR games. To me, it looks like a GTA type of game with more customization. And I lovedddd GTA!

Is this game worth it? I've never played the previous SR games. To me, it looks like a GTA type of game with more customization. And I lovedddd GTA!

Less serious, but way more fun. The mission are a blast, side activities are awesome (Genki, omfg), and the party chat is hilarious.

desertdroog

I was in the same boat with you, except I came at it from the Not a fan of GTA angle, rather, a fan of chaotic sandbox type of games like Crackdown/Prototype/iNfamous[to a lesser extent]. I thoroughly enjoyed Saints Row the Third, despite not playing any SR game previously. It ate up a full weekend and I have about 15 hours on the game, with the side quests left over and multiplayer tomfoolery.

The game is over the top and makes no apologies for it.

Dead Man

Oh shiet. Man, I wish the game had the ability to replay missions then.

So many dialogue places have such great humour.

That is one of the main reasons I want mission replay. Such a stupid decision by Volition. Most of the other rubbish about the game am happy to lay at THQ, but this is a stupid decision in an otherwise very well designed game.

Fox318

Can you fly jets in this game?! If so, this game is so fucking bought!

Thanks CastorKrieg and desertdroog for the info! I'm really looking forward to this game now.

Yes there are Jets. The VTOL may be the best flying thing in game history.

snack

It's a VTOL, which basically means you can press a button to switch it to move like a helicopter.

It also has missiles and lasers. It's the best.

Holy motherfucking shit. When you guys said this game was over the top, you really weren't kidding! haha

BTW, is this genki side mission stuff dlc only?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Holy motherfucking shit. When you guys said this game was over the top, you really weren't kidding! haha

BTW, is this genki side mission stuff dlc only?

Nope, Genki activities are in the game. The only genki stuff that is dlc is the upcoming genki bowl dlc from the season pass and the preorder dlc.

Fox Mulder

Nope, Genki activities are in the game. The only genki stuff that is dlc is the upcoming genki bowl dlc from the season pass and the preorder dlc.
What was the genki preorder stuff? I missed out on that by buying from best buy and don't want to spend $20 for a code off Ebay.

Its so bullshit that i cant wear the nyte blayde costume, and its even worse that they are charging (via season pass only right now) for the other 2 costumes that are all already in game. Its not new content and feels equivalent to unlock keys.

Any details on what the DLC will have? Genki side-missions are the best out there.

"So is there any truth to the rumour you used the date the lovely Shaundi?"
"Have you been reading those tabloids again?"
"Well, I do wait in line a lot at the market..."
"I saw you there."
"Excellent duck of the question!"

JWong

Banned
Someone needs to make a mod to unlock all missions to replay.

Well, I guess someone can just provide the saves for all the missions.

Ploid 3.0

Mainly controller, but I dabble with controller + mouse from time to time :D

You can use both at the same time and it's a taste of how good analog + grip is over wasd. I think my main problem with mouse+keyboard is the keyboard part.

Someone needs to make a mod to unlock all missions to replay.

Well, I guess someone can just provide the saves for all the missions.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33178551&postcount=3052
It's being worked on now, almost done.

EphEl.jpg

For the ones that have it on PC, do you play it with a controller or with KB/M? Just wondering.

I play using pad, it feels very natural. Although the game has annoying bug that will show sometimes keyboard buttons, instead of X/A/B/Y, even though the pad is working.

To tell you the truth I also play Skyrim using the pad, and I'm a hardcore PC gamer. Never thought I would see the day like that :)

Controller all the way, but I'm a comfy couch big TV PC chap.

I play using pad, it feels very natural. Although the game has annoying bug that will show sometimes keyboard buttons, instead of X/A/B/Y, even though the pad is working.

It's actually not a bug! It just means that the game detected input from your keyboard or mouse and dynamically switched to KB/M controls because it's so awesome.

benjipwns

Banned
Did you touch your keyboard or mouse? It seems to switch between them properly depending on what you're using.

I've noticed it when I use the Steam Overlay sometimes, but otherwise using the 360 pad is perfect.

benjipwns

Banned
I used to do that for GTA, but with Saints Row, it works well enough I stick to the 360 pad. Just Cause 2 too.

I guess third person stuff is where I make the compromise for ease of one input.

Asking again if someone can help,

On the PC version I notice it does a lot of blurring to try to achieve what I can only guess a DOF look. What graphic setting is used for this? Anyone know how to turn it off? A lot of times it just ends up making the game look like a blurry mess. Other times it looks ok but I would love to just turn it off completely.

Playing in DX10 and 11 option when starting the game if that helps.

Set "post process detail" to off.

Top Bottom