• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

As a followup to this, looks like Volition won't be patching in mission replay ever:

Unfortunately, Mission Replay will not be available in Saints Row: The Third, through either a patch or DLC. There were a few reasons this was removed after SR2, due in part to the new game engine, some game-breaking glitches/exploits that had been available to SR2 players, and other reasons related to specific development concerns. We also hoped players would want to play through the entire game multiple times to either try out the multiple branching stroylines / choices, or to experience the entire game in another fashion be it through a different voice, character, or upgrade options.

While I know the following solution is not ideal, if you wish to replay a certain mission, you can create individual manual saves files before any major mission along the way. Yes, you're not actually replaying it with any new items you've acquired after the specific mission in question, but the potential for bringing in some of those late-game items into earlier missions presents many potential and unknown issues.

As a final point, because of your feedback here, even though it is off the table for SR:TT, the development teams moving forward are aware and this feature will be considered for any future Volition title. Please note that this is not a guarantee of it being placed into any future Volition title, but it will be discussed and evaluated by the team at large.

We all hope that you can continue to enjoy Saints Row: The Third, even without this feature.

Hopefully modders will get this working soon, but sucks for those on consoles who wanted this as well.

The problem is Volition, theres a max number of saves. YEP! a fucking max. And you know what. The number of saves you can have is less than the number of missions in the game. Ive tried. To play a new character I have copied my old saves in a folder so I can play again with new saves.
Its an incovinience.
Im in fucking love with this game, but that is the worst thing Ive found of it.

Thank god that modders are going to implement replay missions.

Zhengi

So is this where people post impressions of the game?

Anyway, so I finished the main missions last night and it was pretty damn fun. I just wish there was ways to go back and redo missions. Maybe I should consider buying the PC version and modding it once that option becomes available.

However, I do have some critiques about the games.

The first is that I hated the whole zombie thing in the game. I hate zombies and general stay away from survival horror games. Yes, I'm chicken shit when it comes to that kind of stuff, but then, the zombies in this game were more freaking annoying than scary. They kept coming out of freaking nowhere and the most annoying zombies were those who were on fire. So annoying getting gang banged by the zombies and having them set you on fire at the same time. Ugh... annoying as hell. And then to add injury to insult, after doing the mission, the place is still zombie hell. What the fuck? What was the point in dumping the virus into the water if the zombies were still going to be there?

Also, I wanted a bit more interaction between the main character and the casts. Let me flirt with Shaunda or Viola or even the geeky computer chick. Heck, Viola cosplaying in the game was one of the highlights for me. Why can't we keep her in that costume? Unless of course there is some DLC for that that I don't know of. I wanted more flirting and stuff to go around which would have been cool. Not that I'm suggesting a Hot Coffee mod or anything, but just something to have something else to do.

For that matter, it would be cool if the characters were actually at their cribs when you visit them. It feels so strange that they are all empty with nowhere else in town to be found.

Anyway, it was a great game and a lot of fun to play with. I'm still doing some of the activities and tasks that the game offers. Not sure if I'll 100% it, but I would have loved a new game+ that allowed for me to experience the game making different decisions in the main missions.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Oh I'd totally buy one.

Yep, I'd buy one.

ya my brothers we need OneLetter to work on it

Someone needs to make a mod to unlock all missions to replay.

Well, I guess someone can just provide the saves for all the missions.

huh? I posted the replay mission mod news in the same page you posted in...I guess I am on your ignore list or something then :( :( :( :(

The pc version preform well?

Yeah..very great,It's the superior and definitive version ( if you have Nvidia card)

Ploid 3.0

New mod out. https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum...g-for-sale-nyteblade-cyrus-parachute-etc.165/

New Clothing for Sale - Nyteblade, Cyrus, Parachute, etc
4d62ddb1df332c40185117c4a3a5f03751f0dea9.jpg

Dear Volition,

This is my favourite game of the year, and I wanted to thank you enthusiastically for the experience. You have become a developer who I will pay extremely close attention to from now on.

That said, if you do anything to screw with the ability of people to create mods like the above costume one so that you can sell them as DLC down the track my feelings will be seriously hurt. I know that's just idle speculation on my part, but I'm not familiar with how you guys usually do business, and I know that DLC is a big part of SR3.

Do the right thing chaps, I have faith that you will.

JJB

Pimpbaa

Depends on your hardware. Last I heard it doesn't run well on radeon, and when you're in cars or whatever it goes to 20ish fps. That's what happens for me currently, gtx 460.

Lower the resolution helped for me on my 460. The game is very sensitive to resolution.

Ploid 3.0

DLC really threw this gen in the crapper. For every worthwhile expansion labeled as DLC there's like 30 other dlcs that are usually included in games already.

I know Volition didn't have GTA to compete with this year but this was not the game to go DLC crazy on. Maybe it is and it's all perfect for profitability strategy, but man.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
DLC really threw this gen in the crapper. For every worthwhile expansion labeled as DLC there's like 30 other dlcs that are usually included in games already.

I know Volition didn't have GTA to compete with this year but this was not the game to go DLC crazy on. Maybe it is and it's all perfect for profitability strategy, but man.

I will go to blame THQ instead of Volition since I think it's really THQ's shitty DLC strategy to the max here.

and because after seeing the game I just have the feeling that Volition planned to have all these stuff as part of the core game ( Gangsta in Space and Nyteblade for an example..in SR1/2 what you see or heard about in the game come as a mission later) but then at some part THQ saw it and thought of the season pass crap and wanted to sell more dlc

snack

I just started the game and completed the first two missions. Quick question though. How can you customize your character with suits like this?

apVdL.jpg

kai3345

Banned
Watching my roomate play this. Looks like so much goddamn fun, can't wait to hop in once he's finished.

He's currently doing the Japanese gameshow mission.

Foxix Von

Got around to picking this up as part of the best buy deal.

FUUUUUCK this game is awesome.

Laughing Banana said:
Console versions (Xbox 360 or PS3): stable?

I just don't want to experience any Skyrim level of douchebaggery anymore :\

PS3 version here and it's rock solid. I haven't noticed any noticeable dips below 30 but it does fluctuate between 30 and 60 fps. No screen tearing on the PS3 side either. Overall great job.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Hmm. I'm not too picky of a person and I don't really pay attention to all the technical details so long as the game is fun, so I guess I'll just stick to the Xbox360 version since I prefer its controller better than the PS3 :)

sure your favorite controller should be your priority since that what you will play with for hours..but other than that. thing here is If you can handle heavy tearing then you are completely fine to go with the 360 version I guess.

wow..I want this mod

o4qJ4.jpg

b89Bi.jpg

sure your favorite controller should be your priority since that what you will play with for hours..but other than that. thing here is If you can handle heavy tearing then you are completely fine to go with the 360 version I guess.

wow..I want this mod

o4qJ4.jpg

b89Bi.jpg

Turning on vsync didn't really cause too many frame rate issue for me on 360.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The character creation tools look awesome. Some people made Tupac, Keanu Reeves, Samuel L Jackson, etc., and they really look like them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's also a great example of one of my favorite things about this game in general:

In the majority of the missions, when you start, you're- bam- in the middle of the fun. You're already in the helicopter, or on a motorcycle, or hanging off the side of a building with a sniper rifle, or
a toilet inside a virtual reality world.

The game's not afraid to skip the boring transition from starting a new mission to the action, which, using GTAIII as an example, took a minute or two at the start of every single one. It doesn't seem like much each time, but once you've played through the game that adds up to a few hours of stuff that was just necessary to do to get to the fun, but not any fun itself.

benzy

Can you change your character's facial structure later in the game? Or are you stuck with the one you made at the beginning?

benzy

Thanks! My female characters come out looking weird in cutscenes and look almost nothing like what I see in the character creation, so I kept restarting the game. :(

Edgeward

Can't wait for the mission mod to be released so I can take over the penthouse again and again. No one mod should have all this power.

Dead Man

So, I'm on my second playthrough, and my car torpedoes never seem to count. I don't remember any problem on my first run through, anyone else have this?

Top Bottom