• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Dead Man

Really? That's weird. I tried uploading him again recently.

http://www.saintsrow.com/community/characters/details/126189321727466223

Dammit THQ why won't you let me share my art

Big chunky poop nuggets.

coPv.jpeg

I just want to run around as a horrifying pig man!

thanks, i will definitely be doing this. oh, that reminds me... if you co-op with someone, will you unlock the alternate unlocks so that you have both, or are you locked in?
No I don't believe so, at least I haven't heard of anyone doing it.

WHAT?! Fucking fail. They should at least put what platform uploads are if that is the case.
Yeah it's really too bad it couldn't all be universal.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Idolninja ( Gentelmen of the Row dude) is working on a freaking mission replay mod and will release it soon

EphEl.jpg

It is buggy though with incorrectly loaded mission zones/chunks, and I’m working on it with everyone in chat to get that all sorted. That is a fairly minor problem though that I should be able to iron out soon. Expect a public release soon!

http://idolninja.com/blog/?p=1219

SlickVic

Idolninja ( Gentelmen of the Row dude) is working on a freaking mission replay mod and will release it soon

EphEl.jpg

http://idolninja.com/blog/?p=1219

I realize he still has a few issues to work out with this, but man, this is why I love PC gaming. Adding back features that devs couldn't be bothered with. Although, who knows, maybe Volition will patch this in officially one of these days, but just awesome to see the modding community already working on this.

This is my first post in this fine thread, but just wanted to say I'm utterly in love with Saints Row The Third after having no exposure to the series prior. It just hits the pants-on-head silly spot with deftness and I really didn't think I'd be enjoying a sandbox game this much - at least, one that's not of the Eastern European slant - I'm usually a grim-faced STALKER fan when it comes to sandbox gaming.

However, played my first co-op session last night on PC and had an utterly blast just fucking around and doing crazy activities...lots of tank rampages, gang shoot-outs, the works. And, though I never really indulge in this kind of scribble - sequential art never really was my thing - I had to commemorate the event in some sort of crappy, rushed comic.

6c826aeabc130f0c796f4f2d465187fd6752880b.png

Sums up my unadulterated joy of Saints Row's pitch-perfect meshing of farce, fun and chaos. Volition have really done well here.

Nothing more than a quick scribble; overcome by the hilarity of Saints Row, something needed to be put to paper. And I haven't drawn big, vein-ridden penises since highschool maths class...

2011's sleeper hit if there ever was one.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Radio in Tanks mod released

on other news, smh+lol @ AJ review, dude just didn't get the point of Saints Row at all.

Awesome, Volition should do this too so us console peasants have it.

First they need to patch the shitty 360 version.

but I agree, they need to patch mission replay in the game for consoles people.

I realize he still has a few issues to work out with this, but man, this is why I love PC gaming. Adding back features that devs couldn't be bothered with. Although, who knows, maybe Volition will patch this in officially one of these days, but just awesome to see the modding community already working on this.

Going by the mod request thread they pull that in less than 4 hours ( seriously..you hear that Volition? ) and they solved the minor problem.

and yeah modding is always one of the best things about PC gaming.

I swear the spanish female VO is so awesome!

"A tiger? A fucking tiger?"

"A fucking tiger?!?"

Tara Platt was very good in the funny moments but not so much on other, the same thing is with Laura Bailey who failed in many cut scenes because she put too much emotions sometimes.

Both really were not in bar with Katie Semine's magnificent performance in SR2.

but speaking of voice acting, Sasha Grey was actually very good, it's so weird but she was good maybe even the best "celebrity" performance in the game.

dreamfall

Some of the greatest co-op adventures of all time! Just been having a blast, replaying with a homie causing all types of destruction! Still having a ton of trouble trying to get that "Taunt Gang Members" Challenge (still 18/50?!)- 100% areas early on makes this troublesome...

But I've decided we needed a photo-op chronicling adventures in Steelport!

"Breaking it Down by Skyline!"
jRh3w.jpghttp:

"Love Rocket Nights"
qW2VH.jpg

"Protect Her Motherfucker!"
UrFf1.jpg

"Zimos House Calls"
iDHNh.jpg

"Let Friend Run you over with Genki's Manapult. Then hit the right trigger, and shoot yourself across the MAP!"
OydQp.jpg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Still having a ton of trouble trying to get that "Taunt Gang Members" Challenge (still 18/50?!)

I think it only counts non-combat gang taunts. So even though you get the respect meter to show up for taunting a gang member after killing them, they don't count for the challenge. So you basically need 0 gang stars, see a couple gang members walking around, go up to them and taunt, then run away and wait for the stars to go away and do it again. And taunting the same gang members you already taunted won't count either. It's pretty much the same deal as SR2.

Radio in Tanks mod released

on other news, smh+lol @ AJ review, dude just didn't get the point of Saints Row at all.

First they need to patch the shitty 360 version.

but I agree, they need to patch mission replay in the game for consoles people.

Going by the mod request thread they pull that in less than 4 hours ( seriously..you hear that Volition? ) and they solved the minor problem.

and yeah modding is always one of the best things about PC gaming.

Tara Platt was very good in the funny moments but not so much on other, the same thing is with Laura Bailey who failed in many cut scenes because she put too much emotions sometimes.

Both really were not in bar with Katie Semine's magnificent performance in SR2.

but speaking of voice acting, Sasha Grey was actually very good, it's so weird but she was good maybe even the best "celebrity" performance in the game.

What's shitty about the 360 version? I have it, no complaints here.

I heard it had 50% screen tearing, which is ridiculous if true.

I have an unopened copy of the Xbox version with a Prof Genki code, I'm thinking of selling it and buying it on the PC or PS3 instead.

There is some screen tearing but it's barely noticeable. Digital Foundry did say the PS3 version performed better though.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I heard it had 50% screen tearing, which is ridiculous if true.

I have an unopened copy of the Xbox version with a Prof Genki code, I'm thinking of selling it and buying it on the PC or PS3 instead.

If you have a good PC then theres no reason not to get the PC version.

One of my best friends, whos been a GTA fanboy and literally laughed at my suggestion of SR2 a while back, finally decided to get SR3 last week. I co-op'd the first few missions with him @ lvl50, then...I got to co-op with him for the second time last night and he is practically twice as far in than game than me (In terms of activities/sidestuff finished).
lol.gif

So does buying the city takeover bonus disable getting some trophies?

Hope its not too late, but I remember some people saying once you takeover an area it interferes with the Assassination missions, which affects getting that trophy/achievement...Might want to do those first?

If you have a good PC then theres no reason not to get the PC version.

Well the reason was for the online community. I had two specific buddies in mind to play SR3 on Xbox with, but none have bought it so far.

Anyway, if someone wants my sealed 360 copy + code for 50$ shipping included, let me know. As long as you don't live in Antarctica or something.

SlickVic

As a followup to this, looks like Volition won't be patching in mission replay ever:

V-Singular said:
Unfortunately, Mission Replay will not be available in Saints Row: The Third, through either a patch or DLC. There were a few reasons this was removed after SR2, due in part to the new game engine, some game-breaking glitches/exploits that had been available to SR2 players, and other reasons related to specific development concerns. We also hoped players would want to play through the entire game multiple times to either try out the multiple branching stroylines / choices, or to experience the entire game in another fashion be it through a different voice, character, or upgrade options.

While I know the following solution is not ideal, if you wish to replay a certain mission, you can create individual manual saves files before any major mission along the way. Yes, you're not actually replaying it with any new items you've acquired after the specific mission in question, but the potential for bringing in some of those late-game items into earlier missions presents many potential and unknown issues.

As a final point, because of your feedback here, even though it is off the table for SR:TT, the development teams moving forward are aware and this feature will be considered for any future Volition title. Please note that this is not a guarantee of it being placed into any future Volition title, but it will be discussed and evaluated by the team at large.

We all hope that you can continue to enjoy Saints Row: The Third, even without this feature.

Hopefully modders will get this working soon, but sucks for those on consoles who wanted this as well.

Anyway know how you can view your screenshots full-size from the "My Steelport" tab on the website? It's just showing me thumbnails, even after naming them and making them public. Maybe I'm just really slow.

Shaneus

As a followup to this, looks like Volition won't be patching in mission replay ever:

Hopefully modders will get this working soon, but sucks for those on consoles who wanted this as well.
Fuck that. I'm guessing/hoping that it's similar to the case of the "no restart" option that was omitted, then later included, in Burnout Paradise. That's a bit shit if you have to replay a whole story mode just to get to a certain mission, especially if you don't remember what decision you made prior to that fork later on. You'd have to write down every decision you made.

Very, very shit decision.

Anyway know how you can view your screenshots full-size from the "My Steelport" tab on the website? It's just showing me thumbnails, even after naming them and making them public. Maybe I'm just really slow.

You're not slow at all. It's just super confusing.

1. Under my uploads, screenshots, you have to name the image you want, click the checkbox to make it public, and save it.

2. Click on your user name at the top right of the screen with the little arrow pointing down next to it.

3. Click on the link that says Public Profile. Should look something like this: http://saintsrow.com/profile/hdcase

4. Scroll down to the map, then for best results click button on bottom right that says Go to Full Map.

5. Click My Map on the left side, you will now see a camera icon on the map everywhere you took a photo (and named it and made it public in step 1.)

6. Click the camera icons to blow them up, however you can't save them using the site, so you have to do a screen capture and crop down.

Yeah it's a real pain in the ass, hopefully THQ/Volition makes it easier to do in the future.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

going to Idolninja and Corrodias( the other modder) posts in the forum it's working but they testing it to see if there is any issue with some missions, so my guess is they will release it within the next week.

some game-breaking glitches/exploits that had been available to SR2 players

Sorry Vol but this is really bad "reason" to cut it completely.

if there is ""exploits"" then fix it before releasing the game, tons of games have exploits and no one care.

We also hoped players would want to play through the entire game multiple times to either try out the multiple branching stroylines / choices,

No, sorry again Volition love the game but this is not an WRPG, just few mission that have choices I will not play the entire game again just to give Josh to the other person this time or pick the money instead of respect..so yeah just lame.

Edgeward

All the more reason to love the PC version, can't wait for the modders to give us what Volition can't/won't.

And exploits would do nothing but enhance it in a game like Saint's Row where it's built on crazy, insane and nonsensical. I kinda wish it had some RDR bugs like different models switched out for others. What I would do to be able to ride around town on a Ho...

jonno394

God this game is great, didn't go into it expecting much but really enjoying it.

I think my appreciation of the game might have been soured slightly by the fact that I randomly bumped into a Genki mascot and gave him a beat down and got $100,000 for doing so, so i've been going round buying all the properties in the deckers area and got a steady stream of about $7k an hour, so I don't know if the fact i'm financially sound so early in the game may affect anything.

Only done a few missions, but the third or so one where you jump out of the helicopter into the party to the sound of "power" by Kanye was just immense.

Dead Man

God this game is great, didn't go into it expecting much but really enjoying it.

I think my appreciation of the game might have been soured slightly by the fact that I randomly bumped into a Genki mascot and gave him a beat down and got $100,000 for doing so, so i've been going round buying all the properties in the deckers area and got a steady stream of about $7k an hour, so I don't know if the fact i'm financially sound so early in the game may affect anything.

Only done a few missions, but the third or so one where you jump out of the helicopter into the party to the sound of "power" by Kanye was just immense.

They get even better.

jgminto

I just realised something about this game today. You can't pick up anything at all in this game. I don't know why this just occurred to me today but I remember being able to pick up pretty much anything and use it as a weapon was a pretty big part of SR2. Kinda odd.

shiroryu

Big irritation with Steam early on, but now that I'm playing the game, wow. It's playing perfectly on the PC, and the things you can do in this game. Fuckin' addicting. The cars, the voices, Genki.

Thanks, Volition. One of the genuinely fun games this year.

MMaRsu

I just realised something about this game today. You can't pick up anything at all in this game. I don't know why this just occurred to me today but I remember being able to pick up pretty much anything and use it as a weapon was a pretty big part of SR2. Kinda odd.
Well thats not the only thing they removed..

Top Bottom