• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Enosh

is there a list of the songs in game? would like to know what I'll listen to this time
maybe even find some new band I like, like with Paramore in SR2 ^^

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Nice score, but it's weird it was Alex how is doing the review and not Jeff or Ryan.

Enosh said:
is there a list of the songs in game? would like to know what I'll listen to this time
maybe even find some new band I like, like with Paramore in SR2 ^^

If it don't have The Final Countdown again I will cancel my pre order and sells all Volition games I have for a dollar.

Eusis

Yes, they are. Actually, I canceled my pre-order half because of Sterling's review, half because my plate is full. Given the price is still there I may reconsider, but Skyrim, Zelda, Batman Arkham City, Corpse Party, then probable Black Friday sales... If I got it I'd probably axe Arkahm City, which actually isn't too bad an idea given it's probably going to be in the winter sale anyway.

overcast said:
Confirmed for as good, or better than the best Zelda of all time.

11ieu4g.gif

Baha

I have a feeling that GMG pre-orders won't get their steam keys till Monday (as was the case with Deus Ex HR iirc). Oh well, only 3-4 days left now.

Marleyman

Banned
Anyone else who ordered off of THQ's site get the game? I was surprised to see it today, especially considering since I just started to play Skyrim.

TxdoHawk

Marleyman said:
Anyone else who ordered off of THQ's site get the game? I was surprised to see it today, especially considering since I just started to play Skyrim.

Mmmmmhhhhhhhhhhh want! Mine left Indiana yesterday according to the tracking, I'm hoping maybe it shows up tomorrow.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
WoodenLung said:
I didn't even realize that was Tyson, face tattoo removed?

Digitally removed I guess or just covered by some makeup.

I wonder if SR3 have Mike's infamous tattoo or not (or at least something similar to it since we don't want Victor Whitmill to sue Volition because of it)

cacophony

Marleyman said:

Damnit , I shouldve ordered it there. And you get the season pass free right? At least on Amazon I got it for $30.

Marleyman

Banned
TxdoHawk said:
Mmmmmhhhhhhhhhhh want! Mine left Indiana yesterday according to the tracking, I'm hoping maybe it shows up tomorrow.

I am pumped to play it, but I am in the middle of some serious Skyrim action. What is strange is that I didn't get anything about Professor Genki, even though I preordered it off of THQ.com.

Marleyman

Banned
cacophony said:
Damnit , I shouldve ordered it there. And you get the season pass free right? At least on Amazon I got it for $30.

I thought so, but there is only an online code to access full multiplayer features..weird.

Shtof

Buying this game, expecting it to be a Just Cause 2 with more (tasteless) soul.

Loved Volitions RF: Guerilla, best sandbox this gen along with JC2. I was however very disappointed with the demo of RF: Armageddon, I wonder why the hell did they get rid of the open world? Such a ridiculous design choice.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Shtof said:

Loved Volitions RF: Guerilla, best sandbox this gen along with JC2. I was however very disappointed with the demo of RF: Armageddon, I wonder why the hell did they get rid of the open world? Such a ridiculous design choice.

RFG was great open world,You should try Saints Row 2 too it's imho best open world this gen, (JC2 was too repetitive and and empty for my taste)As for the abomination that called Armageddon, it's clear that THQ/Volition wanted a corridor shooter game like Gears and thought it will sell more.

And what hurt the most ( aside from removing RFA's open world) is also removing competitive multiplayer ( Red Faction: Guerrilla has the best multiplayer mode in this generation imo),but.. oh well Red Faction IP is dead now so let forget about it and move on.

Pre-ordered for a ridiculous price off of Greenmangaming and ready to go! PC-GAF up in here, looking forward to the best co-op experience this side of RE5 (lol).

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
TyrantGuardian said:
Pre-ordered for a ridiculous price off of Greenmangaming and ready to go! PC-GAF up in here, looking forward to the best co-op experience this side of RE5 (lol).

yo homie...well...if you can wait till the 18th or later :(

Derrick01

Banned
Euphor!a said:
Is GreenManGaming the cheapest place to get this game for Steam?

Pretty much. I don't know what current coupons they have up but I bought it when they had a 15% one up and it brought it down to $34, which I was then able to knock down to $27 with the credit I had already.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Shtof said:

Maybe, but the shooting in RF:A was solid and the set pieces were pretty well done. I think the game gets way more hate than it deserves. If the gunplay and controls in SR3 are as good as they were in RF:A it will be one of my GOTYs.

Shtof

SapientWolf said:
Maybe, but the shooting in RF:A was solid and the set pieces were pretty well done. I think the game gets way more hate than it deserves. If the gunplay and controls in SR3 are as good as they were in RF:A it will be one of my GOTYs.
Making sequels that don't iterate on the elements that made the prequel(s) great is pretty pointless IMO.

Then again, RF: Guerilla just got really unlucky and was forgot in the fanboy war between Infamous and Prototype, which were both mediocre and inferior to RFG.

I don't even wish to speak about RFA.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Some unexpected shit just came up and I can't squeeze this into my november budget. if i could just somehow sell some sort of goods or sexual service to buy this game asap, i so would

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
SapientWolf said:

The SP was garbage,story and events, big fights were all over the place,also it's repetitive as fuck too.

I think the game gets way more hate than it deserves.

not really, it deserve even more hate for killing the entire IP.

Ploid 3.0

DrBo42 said:
Someone is working on a way to unlock this before tuesday right? Right? :(

The good thing about putting games on steam is it's security. That's like wanting to pick a lock that is not even created yet. Steamplay = no early play for PC. I thought about buying the console version too just to play it early but it's not that serious. 3 days.

Shtof

Totobeni said:
The SP was garbage,story and events, big fights were all over the place,also it's repetitive as fuck too.

So true. I know they were desperate because RFG hit the bargain bin incredibly fast, but still.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Ploid 3.0 said:
The good thing about putting games on steam is it's security. That's like wanting to pick a lock that is not even created yet. Steamplay = no early play for PC. I thought about buying the console version too just to play it early but it's not that serious. 3 days.

I thought of that really, but it's a sandbox game that will most likely get some crazy awesome mods ( even the bad PC port of SR2 got them) so it's PC all the way even that I will wait even longer.

Shtof said:
So true. I know they were desperate because RFG hit the bargain bin incredibly fast, but still.

RF:G sold very well ( over 1 million) actually.

THQ just wanted to make it pure shooter for more sales, but ended with shitty results on all fronts.

Ploid 3.0

I bet RF will resurrect. I remember playing the original. The idea of being able to blow a hole through just about anything was just asking us to go crazy. I love freedom in games, and RF was probably one of my first games to allow so much.

Teknoman

Ploid 3.0 said:
I bet RF will resurrect. I remember playing the original. The idea of being able to blow a hole through just about anything was just asking us to go crazy. I love freedom in games, and RF was probably one of my first games to allow so much.

Honestly I want them to go back to being a first person shooter.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Totobeni said:

That doesn't really speak to my points though. The act of shooting things in RF:A felt good. The environments and the enemies that inhabited them blew apart impressively when you wrecked shit with the varied armaments. The set pieces were more of that but on a larger scale.

Conversely, the shooting in nearly every other sandbox game I've played is somewhere on a scale of meh to bleh. The salient point here is that, as far as I'm concerned, Volition has already proven that they can do shooting right. So that gives me confidence for that aspect of SR3.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
SapientWolf said:
That doesn't really speak to my points though. The act of shooting things in RF:A felt good. The environments and the enemies that inhabited them blew apart impressively when you wrecked shit with the varied armaments. The set pieces were more of that but on a larger scale.

Conversely, the shooting in nearly every other sandbox game I've played is somewhere on a scale of meh to bleh. The salient point here is that, as far as I'm concerned, Volition has already proven that they can do shooting right. So that gives me confidence for that aspect of SR3.

The shooting in RF:G (open world) was ace still the best of any open world game out there, still RF team was a different team that SR guys, but from the videos I think SRTT is more like RF:G in gunplay/shooting mechanic ( and Jeff Gerstmann of GB said it's very good).

Kerrby said:
Is it true you can beat the whole main story in something like 8 hours?

Since they don't force you to do side stuff now (like other open world games) that look about right,also I think 8 hours is way longer than SR2 "main story" missions.

Digishine

Banned
Kerrby said:
Is it true you can beat the whole main story in something like 8 hours?

It depends on what level Ur playing. I played about 20 mission's again cause of the AI :/

My time is
11:49:03
And I did it on normal

Top Bottom