• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Binabik15

Stupid question, but I put the codes for the Genki preorder and Season Pass into Steam before activating the game on Steam, was that included in the 9.5 gig download?

I have my 20 month old nephew around and got little whirlwind duty, so I can't play and check it out.

jediyoshi

Stupid question, but I put the codes for the Genki preorder and Season Pass into Steam before activating the game on Steam, was that included in the 9.5 gig download?

Yeah. You'll never have to manually manage your DLC on Steam, if it's own your account, it'll be downloaded.

Binabik15

Yeah. You'll never have to manually manage your DLC on Steam, if it's own your account, it'll be downloaded.
Cool.

First time I got any kind if DLC besides free Battlefield maps, I think. Now I'm part of the problem (it was free, though).

I managed to watch the intro, yay. Starts of pretty ridiculous. I like that.

Binabik15

Can you get a mask to make your character look somewhat like King from Tekken? I saw a perfect jacket for his Dark Ressurection costume. I made a Geralt of Rivia lookalike for the mean time, but he's missing scars.

The game is killing my 5850, sometimes sub 30 frames, almost never 60. I need to put it on my brother's pc with crossfire and all, but both of our external hdds are dead. Damn.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So yeah, this game is really fucking short, easy, and small from Saints Row II. Under 20 hours to beat both endings, conquer all turfs, do all activates, and find every collectable.

JeTmAn81

The Giant Bomb guys are really getting me hyped up for this game (#1 on two of their personal top ten lists). Hopefully copies get real cheap real fast and I can pick it up.

LiK

The Giant Bomb guys are really getting me hyped up for this game (#1 on two of their personal top ten lists). Hopefully copies get real cheap real fast and I can pick it up.

you can find the consoles version on sale for $40 and PC ver for $30 around.

Fitz

I believe the Gentlemen of Steelport mod linked on the previous page can get rid of those tutorial messages, haven't used it myself yet though.

Atruvius

Got this game for christmas and boy if this isn't a great game. Might actually be my game of the year. 24 hours played and only 3 main missions remaining and I've been having a blast!

The most hilarious mission has been Murderbrawl or Deckers/Die. And both of those missions were completely differrent. Hell, almost every mission is different from the last one, which is amazing in an open world game.

It is amazing how good this game is. It just reeks of quality. This is triple A, up there with GTAs. I downloaded the free copy of Saints Row 2. Played the first mission and I was stunned by how big leap SR3 really is quality wise. Menus look slick, sound effects are nice and graphics look really good. Framerate is also quite smooth for an open world game.

Everyone should play this. It's that good!

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Volition deserves some magnificent trophy or statue to honor them for making this game.

The setup at the beginning of the game had me excited, knowing it would be a good game. But the moment I began diving out of a helicopter as Kanye West's "Power" played, I realized that these guys not only know how to make a fun game but also know how to set up a fun atmosphere. It has only gotten better since then. So good.

Trigunner

I started this a few days ago. SR is my favorite new IP of this generation, and I spent nearly 200 hours on SR2. I was on a media blackout the entire time so I wasn't aware of how many features are missing in the third installment. I miss Freckle Bitch's, multiple layers of clothing, facial expression/walk animation, consumables, cut scenes before activities, secret areas, indoor environments, throw-able objects, crib customization, MP3 player, and so on. It runs and looks beautiful at 1080P on ultra, but I wish Volition stuck with Stillwater and the same engine, and just kept expanding onto what they already had; cramming as much content as possible. Steelport seems like a waste to me; nothing of interest to explore, and none of the personality of Stillwater with its Marina, Museum, and University districts and variety of pedestrians.

On the upside the driving feels great, the fluidity of movement and combat are even better than in SR2. It's too early to tell how the missions and story stand up to SR and SR2 for me. No Johnny sucks, of course. I'm still having fun, but it could've been so much more. Definitely my biggest disappointment of the year.

Am I the only person who like the way things looked presentation wise from Saints Row 1 and 2 over 3? I just started playing the game and it is so different. Is there a way to change the controls at least back to the way things were in the first two games?

I gotten so used to playing the controls from the past 2 games that i mess up a lot thinking it is the old way. Also why didn't they place missions and strongholds all over the place like the past 2 games. I prefer that.

I just installed this today.

WHY IS IT SO GOOOOOOOOD?

The world is so alive, and the writing is crisp and fresh (except for the freaking lame prologue). I love how the Saints interact with one another, especially all the stuff about John Gatt.

I can't wait to play as my Black Ops Zombie Santa and hear him and Peirce sing "What I Got".

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
This game ran like complete shit on my computer.

But I just finished both endings and I still enjoyed the hell out of it.

But seriously, it crippled my ATI 5770 on Medium-low settings at 1080p. It bounced between 20-30FPS. Hurt the hell out of my eyes and it made the game pretty damn ugly actually, but still a blast to play.

Sucks that it couldn't have been optimized better. The experience would have been amazing.

Really?

Maybe it's because I have a pretty top-of-the-line rig, but it works better than any other game I've ever played. Smoother, faster.

Aaron

Sadly no. =(

The are lots of clothes NPCs have that you can't get.
I'm really disappointed by the reduction of clothes options and stores in this game compared to SR2. Is every clothes store Planet Saints? That's really lame. This game has fantastic story missions, but the variety is just gutted compared to the previous games.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm really disappointed by the reduction of clothes options and stores in this game compared to SR2. Is every clothes store Planet Saints? That's really lame. This game has fantastic story missions, but the variety is just gutted compared to the previous games.

No, not every clothes store is a Planet Saints.

Danj

This game ran like complete shit on my computer.

But I just finished both endings and I still enjoyed the hell out of it.

But seriously, it crippled my ATI 5770 on Medium-low settings at 1080p. It bounced between 20-30FPS. Hurt the hell out of my eyes and it made the game pretty damn ugly actually, but still a blast to play.

Sucks that it couldn't have been optimized better. The experience would have been amazing.

Huh, weird. It runs fine on my 5850 notebook.

About half way though on PC now, really loving it
tweaked it til got constant 33fps (unless on a highway) at 1080p, so pretty happy with result.

This game would make a fantastic movie lol.

Sye d'Burns

While exchanging a gift, I saw the console versions on sale at Best Buy for 34.99 today as well. Prime makes Amazon the easy choice if you're picking it up but I figured I'd lay it out there.

I'm feeling less special for snagging that SRIII for $29.99 from bestbuy.com with in-store pick-up all of a sudden. Damn it all, it was still worth the five dollars to get that gaming goodness a couple of weeks earlier. What a ride!

How much do I have left? I just arranged a few accidents, if you catch my drift.

I killed all the wrestlers using the RC remote thing

Oh, yeah I meant missions. Doing the odd activity here and there and I've clocked 13 hours according to Steam.

I have no qualms with the length seeing as how good the story missions are.

jonno394

Damn you plaitnum trophy, you're just out of reach.

Had one assassin mission left and it required me to kill some hoes and start trouble with morning stars. I killed the hoes but there were no morning stars to rile up because I owned everything, now the target won't appear....

I could go back to an earlier save and do all 36 again but right now after two hours doing all 36, I really cba, plus got another 40k metres to travel, that will take a while too.

Dead Man

Damn you plaitnum trophy, you're just out of reach.

Had one assassin mission left and it required me to kill some hoes and start trouble with morning stars. I killed the hoes but there were no morning stars to rile up because I owned everything, now the target won't appear....

I could go back to an earlier save and do all 36 again but right now after two hours doing all 36, I really cba, plus got another 40k metres to travel, that will take a while too.

If you exit out of a trafficking or snatch mission, the gang will stay spawned and you can usually get to two stars.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Liking this even more each time I play. Zimos is so damn funny, I want an autotuned voice in all of my videogames from now on.

Zomba13

Just finished this. Played through as a golden bald man with the British voice. Really really enjoyed this. Some (many) really crazy moments.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Ugh, what's with the display.ini file constantly overwriting settings? I want motion blur off, damnit.

Game needs addition settings, and to seperate motion blur from from post-processing. Kills my framerate when driving.

Top Bottom