• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

StuBurns

Banned
I love my character, I can't imagine anyone else being the lead. Just the idea of the protagonist being male is bizarre at this point. I have a pic of her on my PC, I'll post it next time I'm on there, she's crazy awesome.

StuBurns

Banned
How did it get patched? Rocking the old linus avatar was class man did you get sick of him already? :p

No idea what the patch did, but I've put 8 hours into the game so far, and seen no issues, now it's patched I saw two major graphical glitches in like ten minutes.

As for the avatar, I just did it to wind someone up earlier, they mentioned it was a face and I thought it'd be funny to change it back so his post made no sense.

EDIT: If anyone wants to check to see if it's working for them, this is my page:

http://www.saintsrow.com/profile/StuBurns

I can't see any photos yet.

No idea what the patch did, but I've put 8 hours into the game so far, and seen no issues, now it's patched I saw two major graphical glitches in like ten minutes.

As for the avatar, I just did it to wind someone up earlier, they mentioned it was a face and I thought it'd be funny to change it back so his post made no sense.

EDIT: If anyone wants to check to see if it's working for them, this is my page:

http://www.saintsrow.com/profile/StuBurns

I can't see any photos yet.

You would have to find them under uploads and mark them as public in order for us to see them. If you can't even see the photos yourself, that's an issue.

shawnlreed

That makes more sense, she sounds a little like Kaine, Woman 1 does at least.

Exactly!
Choosing my character voice was a no brainer once I recognized Woman 1 was Kaine.
I loved Laura Bailey's work in Nier.
Just finished up both endings tonight.
Maybe I'm the exception here but I liked the
Mars movie
ending way more than the other one.

Jhriad

Just launched the game to try to finish everything out and do the other Act 3 completion and there's a patch. Anyone have a link to the patch notes?

Talyn

It's not perfect but runs fine on my i7, GTX570. Make sure you install the Gentlemen of the Row mod if you pick it up.
It also runs perfectly well on my laptop: i5-2430M, GT540M, Win7 64. Win7 is the best OS to run it on, speedup issue notwithstanding and to fix that you can use the Saint's Row 2 Powertools, available on the same site as the Gentlemen of the Row mod. Gotta give those modders a lot of credit, they stepped up when the devs abandoned support for the PC port.

Do we get to face the undercover cop from the first and 2nd game?

No, he was so cool in Sr1 too...

If I had to guess though you wouldn't be facing him anyway as you and he were pretty friendly towards the end of Sr2 if I recall, you could even call him as your homie.

I want to finish up my achievements and realized that I haven't taunted enough gang members. I already took over the entire city and don't know where to find rival gang members. Am I screwed?

Dead Man

I haven't received a patch. Sure it isn't one of the older ones?

Just updating now, no idea what it does though.

I want to finish up my achievements and realized that I haven't taunted enough gang members. I already took over the entire city and don't know where to find rival gang members. Am I screwed?

If you exit out of a trafficking or snatch mission, the gang will stay spawned and you can usually get to two stars.

This, or if you have a friend with the game you can hop into their game and do it.

Edit: Patch fixes the problem with the car torpedo activity not working right on second playthroughs. That's all I have found so far.

derFeef

So a friend of mine bought SR3 and despite being Austrian, he somehow managed to get the CUT German version - so we can't play together at all.
Is there any solution to this? The game is now bound to Steam and I guess he can't add another version of SR3 to it.

glaurung

So a friend of mine bought SR3 and despite being Austrian, he somehow managed to get the CUT German version - so we can't play together at all.
Is there any solution to this? The game is now bound to Steam and I guess he can't add another version of SR3 to it.
When I bought a hard copy of The Orange Box and registered on Steam, I also got the censored bullshit German version.

I complained to the Steam Support and they fixed it. I suggest you contact them.

White Man

Exactly!
Choosing my character voice was a no brainer once I recognized Woman 1 was Kaine.
I loved Laura Bailey's work in Nier.
Just finished up both endings tonight.
Maybe I'm the exception here but I liked the
Mars movie
ending way more than the other one.

I liked the
Mars
ending more as well, but I think it would've been better if they
didn't fill it with "it's a movie" hints right from the start of the mission. The twist is only funny for like 30 seconds whereas the ending goes on for like 10 minutes

Man, I tried to go back to SR2 to get a fix, and I was taken aback by how bad it looks now. I didn't realize how far we've come. I'm scared to dig up the first game.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Man, I tried to go back to SR2 to get a fix, and I was taken aback by how bad it looks now. I didn't realize how far we've come. I'm scared to dig up the first game.

Definitely where Volt succeed, even if it was at the cost of scale. Saints Row 2 feels like its lost between generations. Its some jank, frustrating controls/difficulty spikes, and really fucking ugly. III on the other hand is exceptionally polished. Character and vehicles controls are better. You can actually make out everything clearly instead of it being a blur till 15 feet away and it lacks the exceedingly frustrating moments encounters in previous entries.

SlickVic

Played for about 30-35 hours so far and somehow never managed to see an Attrazione until now. Bit hard to control, but damn is this thing fast. Pretty great for driving quickly across Steelport.

And I know it's been said a million times before, but damn is this whole game fun. I tend to be someone who stops playing games once the main story is complete, but I think I've already put in another 10 hours into this game since that point, and I can easily see myself coming back to it until I get 100% completion. Don't think I've ever done that in a game, but this is just a damn good time.

Top Bottom