• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

is there some secret to flying the choppers? I can't fly worth a damn and its pissing me off...

If you switch to advanced flight controls I think it's easier because you can use the bumpers (360 controller) to rotate. Other than that it's probably just a matter of getting used to it.

Question - does your gender/voice/appearance or changing your gender/voice/appearance during the game change the story or the story cutscenes in anyway?

I created a character to look like Hilary Clinton - thought it would be funny to see her blowing shit up. But then after an hour I realized I'd rather just have a reasonably sensible male character that should look like me. If I went to the plastic surgeon, it's no different than starting a new game and creating a character right?

Question - does your gender/voice/appearance or changing your gender/voice/appearance during the game change the story or the story cutscenes in anyway?

I created a character to look like Hilary Clinton - thought it would be funny to see her blowing shit up. But then after an hour I realized I'd rather just have a reasonably sensible male character that should look like me. If I went to the plastic surgeon, it's no different than starting a new game and creating a character right?

It doesn't change anything. The only thing that comes close is the zombie voice due to you not being able to understand a thing that he says. Although, I heard there is some special benefit to using the zombie voice other than hilarity. I cannot confirm that though.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
It doesn't change anything. The only thing that comes close is the zombie voice due to you not being able to understand a thing that he says. Although, I heard there is some special benefit to using the zombie voice other than hilarity. I cannot confirm that though.

Actually some of the character lines change in cutscenes between male and female characters, but it's not a huge difference.

Actually some of the character lines change in cutscenes between male and female characters, but it's not a huge difference.

But the change in dialogue is from the perspective of the main character right? I noticed that other characters regard you as "the boss" naturally implying that it's gender ambivalent.

Anyway, if I changed my character (essentially in everything - gender, voice) at the plastic surgeon, would these changes still address themselves. Or is my character forever considered the same gender at the time of new game creation?

But the change in dialogue is from the perspective of the main character right? I noticed that other characters regard you as "the boss" naturally implying that it's gender ambivalent.

Anyway, if I changed my character (essentially in everything - gender, voice) at the plastic surgeon, would these changes still address themselves. Or is my character forever considered the same gender at the time of new game creation?

My understanding is you are always referred to as The Boss except in a few situations where people call you 'him' or some such regardless of which sex you actually are.

In the canon of Saints Row this is acceptable as the main character started off as a male in the first game anyway. ;)

But anyway go ahead and switch sex at will, it won't affect anything.

Any tips on beating Insurance Fraud on hard? That's the only thing I need to do to get 100% in all territories but I just can't seem to beat this SOB! I actually ran into a glitch that gave me an infinite timer on one instance of Insurance Fraud, but I haven't been able to repeat it.

daviyoung

Banned
Any tips on beating Insurance Fraud on hard? That's the only thing I need to do to get 100% in all territories but I just can't seem to beat this SOB! I actually ran into a glitch that gave me an infinite timer on one instance of Insurance Fraud, but I haven't been able to repeat it.
Head to a black spot area to fill up adrenaline and use it up getting to another area. Then do the same there and move on. I hope that makes sense.

Don't forget that simply falling onto a stopped car gets you a minimum of $1,000 so even if the traffic isn't moving you can still fill up your bar.

Dead Man

I hate the Tron-y racing event :( I was hoping to do absolutely everything in this.

Just race through hitting all the tanks you can, you still gain net time if you hit a firewall. You can also use the hood takeover bonus to skip all the activities in one hood if you want.

Takuan

Bought the PC version from THQ UK.

Volition, you have earned yourself a fan. The game had me at the part where your character sings along to Sublime's "What I Got" with Pierce on the way to a mission. So delightful. I love the outrageous missions, the weaponry, the shooting, the voice acting, the soundtrack, the driving, the everything. Over-the-topness aside (which I love, but can understand someone preferring realism), it outdoes GTA in every facet... and I quite like GTA, even the much-maligned fourth game! It also helps that SR3 looks very nice on max settings and runs pretty smoothly on my relatively dated graphics card (a GTX 460).

One question for those playing on PC: is there a way to run this in a borderless window? Google is failing me, and "-windowed -noborder" launch settings in STEAM don't appear to work. I have a dual monitor setup and like to multitask.

Insurance fraud was a pain in the butt until I realized I could jump before hitting the ragdoll button.

Ripclawe

Banned
Finished the game and this franchise got a new fan. This was hysterically over the top, adult and funny. When I went into the
cyber world and had to play the text based game and fricking tank I was sold.

also
BURT FUCKING REYNOLDS!

Daigoro

finished both endings a few days ago and went right back for more. took me about 25 hrs to finish the main story, while just screwing around buying stuff up and causing mayhem as i went along.

still having fun finishing up maxing out my character and cleaning up the different territories. a very enjoyable game.

everyone saying how sharp the writing is in this game, its all true. the writing was witty and clever, really well done. i laughed a lot and had a good time playing through the main story. i enjoyed both endings as well.

great game.

I hate the Tron-y racing event :( I was hoping to do absolutely everything in this.

easily the worst mini game. ive only done one so far i think. havent gone back yet because i found it frustrating.

id like to beat everything too. hopefully i have the patience for the Tron bike sections.

I'm surprised people had trouble with the Tron activities; I consider myself a fairly average gamer in most respects and I only remember having to redo one just once or twice. Unfortunately it's been a month and a half since I did them so I have no real advice to give, but if I can do it I think anyone can if they put their minds to it.

Daigoro

im sure its doable, but the controls were really squirrely and it wasnt really fun at all. bad combo.

i only tried it once and didnt enjoy it. with a little practice hopefully it wont be too bad.

Gentlemen of Steelport v1.0 Beta 1 RELEASE!
While it doesn’t have everything I wanted to include for the first release, it does build asm files dynamically, and also gives you complete control over what mods you want to include.

v1.0 beta 1 changelog

Mission Replay v4 by IdolNinja, gibbed, Corrodias, luckz

Enable all Vehicle Customization and Delete Reward Vehicles by Gibbed and IdolNinja

Wardrobe Color Changer by IdolNinja

More Cheats Smarter Cheats by Bmhur1, Flyn, IdolNinja

Adds 8 new cheats and removes the cheat flagging on many of the vanilla cheats where they don’t make sense to flag, for example zombie peds, mascot peds, weather changes, etc. There is also an optional Open version included that removes ALL cheat flagging for everything.

New Cheats:

Low Gravity – moonwalker
No Hud – nohud
Change time of day – ticktock
Evil Cars – werecars
Pedestrian War – shitstorm
Giant Player – fuckimhuge
Tiny Player – sotiny
Raining Pedestrians – itsrainingmen

————————-

OPTIONAL MODS:

Extended Sliders by IdolNinja
Greatly extends the range of the character creation sliders

Clip Editor by gibbed
There are 2 versions of the clip editor included; with and without the hide hud option.

Sticky cam for kbam users by IdolNinja
Prevents the camera from recentering while driving

Disable Tutorials by IdolNinja

Disables all popup tutorials

————————-

MISC

* Specter speed slightly increased by Jon

* Enable Tank Radios by IdolNinja
more info http://idolninja.com/blog/?p=1292

Ploid 3.0

Came here to post that. Been waiting on this mod compilation for a long time.

3d277ae4edc25f51bd894d3aaf944b3850c999b3.jpg

Reinforced everything, wing, etc.

LiK

Anyone know the music that was used in the tank battle in the deckers.die mission? I can't find anything about it.

jonno394

Just done the Murderbowl mission, that has to go down as one of the best in the game purely for the
music, chainsaw then that wrestling minigame

Got a few missions left and 10 of the challenges and then the assassin/car thefts side missions. I haven't even touched on whored mode yet. This game still has plenty of life left :)

LiK

Just done the Murderbowl mission, that has to go down as one of the best in the game purely for the
music, chainsaw then that wrestling minigame

Got a few missions left and 10 of the challenges and then the assassin/car thefts side missions. I haven't even touched on whored mode yet. This game still has plenty of life left :)

my only gripe is that you couldn't use wrestling moves against those grunts. was looking forward to that.

Finished it.

Great writing and the epic/crazy missions are really well done.

At the heart of the game it's still a b-tier open world title that has too many dull misisons which are only saved by the good dialogue. It's a good game, infinitely better than the first (never played 2), but I don't love it like some do.

I feel like I've had my fill just going through the main story. No desire to explore/go nuts etc.

JackEtc

I cannot beat Three Way to save my life. Why am I having so much trouble? Any advice on what to do? I just keep getting overwhelmed.

SmithnCo

I cannot beat Three Way to save my life. Why am I having so much trouble? Any advice on what to do? I just keep getting overwhelmed.

Because admittedly, that mission is a pain. The first part at least.

You could always do saint's book stuff to grind respect for damage and weapon upgrades, which make it quite trivial if your level is high enough for max upgrades. It might take a while though, if you just want to beat the story.

Or you could try going in with a tank or VTOL or something, though I don't know how effective it would be.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I've spent over 45 minutes creating various Oktoberfest dress styles. This game does quite a number on my sanity.

JackEtc

Beat Three Way, man that was tough and annoying.

I chose to
go and save the tower
. I'm curious about what the other ending is, but not so curious that I'll replay the final mission (at least right now).

I think this is the first game that has made me want to 100% everything in it. Here we go...

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So like, Saints Row III is the greatest game ever.

The finale... my god. Whenever they used a song for a mission, it was perfect.
Hauled ass across the bridged, called in my fastest car. While "I need a Hero" played. Or when you get the Chainsaw in the wrestling match and "You're the best around" plays.

Few things though, the game is far more polished and wacky, but it was definitely way easier, smaller, and shorter than Saints Row II. More later, I'm tried.

Anyways, all activates and 3 of the 4 areas are completely conquered.

Danj

Game gets stuck in forever loading after the intro cutscene at the bank heist - PC version. :/ Any clue?

Tried verifying the local game cache files? I had that problem with another game and it turned out to be a corrupted download.

Top Bottom