• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung announces the Galaxy Note 4 and the Galaxy Note Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish stock Android gets RAW support like Cyanogen just got.
It comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop
A range of new professional photography features for Android Lollipop that let you
Capture full resolution frames around 30 fps
Support raw formats like YUV and Bayer RAW
Control capture settings for the sensor, lens, and flash per individual frame
Capture metadata like noise models and optical information
http://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I can confirm that they will take ANY smartphone, as long as it turns on! I traded in an old Droid X or something that had $0 trade value. A++++

hDzM59oBTUpwUSxZA1oWe6l7dCC4IhzPbQKdv3V-SpA=w1191-h893-no

picking up at best buy is not something i'd ever like to do again.

took an hour and she turned off my text messaging so I had to call at&t when I got home. what a mess.

This phone is god. period.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
picking up at best buy is not something i'd ever like to do again.

took an hour and she turned off my text messaging so I had to call at&t when I got home. what a mess.

This phone is god. period.

Eventually I just told the lady I'd finish the setup at home. They have no idea what they're doing haha.

chualie

Just picked one up at the AT&T store. Wanted the black one but they didn't have it so just picked up the white one.

It's nice to be back on Android. The phone is not bad either :)

jrcbandit

What's wrong with touchwiz? I'm thinking about getting this device and have never used android....what's the knock on it?
Touchwiz was massively bloated with all these useless gimmicks. Luckily, the Note 4 is much more trimmed down and Samsung has gotten better about this lately. The UI is no longer laggy like it used to be in early versions of Touchwiz.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have no idea what Touchwiz is, but I can confirm that this phone is beast. I will say that when it comes to messaging, my N5 was generally more snappy with my inputs and such. However, it's nothing that breaks the experience.

I'm probably going to order a case overnight on Amazon since I'll be traveling to Disney next week. I want my phone at least somewhat protected in my pocket.

Also, this screen is ridiculous. Like, it's so disgustingly good. I finally feel like I have a screen that's worthy of watching videos on and reading books/comics on. This thing is going to be cray cray.

The screen is the thing that's blowing my mind right now.

and the battery.

Putting it down and picking it up 5 minutes later and expecting the percentage to be down 3 or 4 and finding it didn't go down at all.

How simple is it to use the stylus on this thing? I'd like one so I can just take it out of my pocket and jot some notes down quickly. Can one do that without having to select anything on the Lock Screen?

turnbuckle

While i was waiting for my note 4 to get here I borrowed a friend's SIII for awhile to tide me over after my SIII broke.

He had cyanogen on it...and it was definitely a snappier/quicker/whatever you would call it experience than what I was used to with my SIII. I'd say it's snappier than my Note 4 too. Also really liked the camera app he had on there.

But I'm too nervous to mess around with custom stuff on my own phone. If it were easy and full proof without any drawbacks and easy to undo I'd consider putting it on my Note 4...but it's not. At least not the kind of easy that's easy for me.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So how well could a Note 4 potentially function if one were to flash stock 5.0 Lollipop on it? Would the stylus still work properly? Would the camera be worse without the proprietary camera app?

So how well could a Note 4 potentially function if one were to flash stock 5.0 Lollipop on it? Would the stylus still work properly? Would the camera be worse without the proprietary camera app?

I would imagine alot of the note's functions are dependent on touchwiz, unless you're able to install some via xposed module that have been ported.

Zapages

Alright!

Going to Best Buy to pick up a 64 gig for $35. Same price as Amazon + one-day shipping. I sort of need it for Sunday, so...May as well pay the Best Buy tax and get what I want now.

are you buying this one: The Samsung Evo 64 GB version? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...1949&skuId=5334029&st=micro sd card&cp=1&lp=1

I currently own the SanDisk 64 GB version: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk...0220&skuId=4120116&st=micro sd card&cp=1&lp=5

But I was debating whether to get the SanDisk or go to Samsung Evo line for the Note 4.

I have heard folks say go with Samsung Pro micro SD or SanDisk Extreme line... But I'm not too sure.

Any suggestions here guys?

I've heard there are some issues with reception and weak signal on T-Mobile. Would I still be able to get the $200 off today if I went? I have a OPO, but could use this for a few months since I can get most of my purchase value back by selling it when the S6 comes out.

GTI Guy

I've heard there are some issues with reception and weak signal on T-Mobile. Would I still be able to get the $200 off today if I went? I have a OPO, but could use this for a few months since I can get most of my purchase value back by selling it when the S6 comes out.

I've heard that best buy is still allowing trade in for non-preorders.

Koppai

I called them up and they said it's not ready. UGH bitches. I already erased my phone that I want to trade in -_-

Koppai

I don't know why people keep thinking you are getting $250 off. You had to put $50 down which they hand back to you on a gift card. The phone is $100 after the $200 credit they give you for trading in your phone.

Volotaire

If someone wants to send me some nice looking OT materials, I could replace the first post of this thread since this get updated often.

Trying one out now in the T-Mobile store. Love the vividness of the screen compared to my One Plus One. I love amoled too damn much. Tried to play some videos on YouTube at 1440p to test the screen and fucking YouTube only wants to display at 720p on it lol

venne

Is there any way to increase the grid size on this device?

Coming from Windows Phone I'm experiencing information density withdrawal on the home screen. I think 5x5 or 5x6 would be great for this screen.

venne

Does the dark theme on this site look off in motion for anyone else?

Scrolling with the Note 4 causes some issues with the top and bottom edges of the grey boxes around usernames on my device. There's like a blue trail on the leading edge (top if I scroll up and bottom if I scroll down) when I scroll, even slowly. I see it both in Chrome and Firefox.

I can't see it with the default theme.

Trying one out now in the T-Mobile store. Love the vividness of the screen compared to my One Plus One. I love amoled too damn much. Tried to play some videos on YouTube at 1440p to test the screen and fucking YouTube only wants to display at 720p on it lol

If you use it in the Internet browser it will work. I used desktop view.

Does the dark theme on this site look off in motion for anyone else?

Scrolling with the Note 4 causes some issues with the top and bottom edges of the grey boxes around usernames on my device. There's like a blue trail on the leading edge (top if I scroll up and bottom if I scroll down) when I scroll, even slowly. I see it both in Chrome and Firefox.

I can't see it with the default theme.

I've had that on my S5 since day one, although it looks purple to me. I think its an issue with Amoled and screen refresh rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom