• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly time probably has passed super fast for him, and he's not doing anything he wasn't doing when he first arrived.

He has been grandpa kind since he first got there.

aly

where the fuck is the homophobia coming from in the shipping?
Some fandoms keep getting their headcanons mixed with reality and tumblrs love of male romantic relationships makes them especially susceptible to this. Seriously though it seems like at all time high with Samurai Jack and Voltron.

Anyway, it wasn't my favorite episode but I really enjoy the way it looked.

Fj0823

oh shit

i know what they meant by homophobia

UkBK7c0.gif

MY SHIP

Yep, these are people who projected their sexuality on Jack and hung on that dumb commercial as holy proof of Jack being gay. Now they feel the development betrays what was an obvious character trait

I obviously don't mind characters being gay or discovering themselves to be during the course of the story.

But this people act like that commercial is the base of Jack's character, and it's hilarious.

If this was a character like Pearl from SU suddenly falling in love with a random hunk boy, the yes, I'd rightly be pissed

It was a fun episode and the cheesy romantic stuff was played for laughs. They basically went "how many romcom tropes can we fit in a single episode, let's find out!" and did it.

The episode obviously wasn't up to par with the first three, but then again that's the sort of stuff you send on a demo reel to the Academy to win an award.

I feel like the rage is because it went against people's head cannon. It wasn't a horrible episode by any means, not enough to engender this much outrage anyway.

Pretty much how I felt. Just worried now the rest of the show may be rushed.

Here is a collection of some of those tumblr responses

lmao, this is just like what happened when Naruto/Bleach ended.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Pretty much how I felt. Just worried now the rest of the show may be rushed.

They've got two episodes and only a handful of plot points. Ghost Scotsman, the Guardian, Scaramouche getting to Aku and telling him Jack lost his sword, Jack beating future Aku, whatever they have planned for Ashi, and Jack beating past Aku.

Writing it out, whether it's rushed or not will depend on how these plot points intersect. It also looks like Jack and Ashi split up for whatever reason next episode so that might help out a bit.

Fj0823

The naruto thing was ten times worse. We got almost two entire gaf threads out of that shitfest.

And the less we say about the infinite dream or kishimoto being bribed theories the better.

Naruto has a bottle of in a corner his office! He's obviously a drinker and a abusive husband because of how unhappy he is!!!11! The author's real message is all there! Wake up!!

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
And the less we say about the infinite dream or kishimoto being bribed theories the better.

Naruto has a bottle of in a corner his office! He's obviously a drinker and a abusive father because of how unhappy he is!!!11!

I think the most schadenfreude yet pitiful thing I took away from those threads was that one fan artist that worked so hard to imitate the manga art to an astonishing degree just to make her Naruto-Sakura shipping comics.

Well, look how that turned out.

McNum

I kind of expected Jack and Ashi to get together. But I did not expect them to have their first kiss to Everybody Loves Somebody. Like... what? That's just so out there crazy that it might turn out to be absolutely brilliant.

Taking the awkwardness of the episode and just making all our surreal by the end may have been one of the best options the had. At the very least, it was hilarious.

LotusHD

Banned
I kind of expected Jack and Ashi to get together. But I did not expect them to have their first kiss to Everybody Loves Somebody. Like... what? That's just so out there crazy that it might turn out to be absolutely brilliant.

Taking the awkwardness of the episode and just making all our surreal by the end may have been one of the best options the had. At the very least, it was hilarious.

Yea, like I didn't know how I'd ultimately feel about it, but the way they went about it certainly warmed up to it. Go ahead Jack, just do you
and her

At the very least, I knew that after getting around to watching this episode, this thread would be interesting to read through lol
Whats funny is that this episode was a huge confirmation to solidify everything people hated, from Ashi being a co-star to the show not being like how it used to be. After episode 4/5 Ive seen complaint after complaint and its amusing to see goofy ones merged with debatably legitimate ones. Reading the talkbacks are now a essential part of the Samurai Jack viewing experience lol

Oh wait, Tumblr's mad? Nevermind, I ship it now.
Some fandoms keep getting their headcanons mixed with reality and tumblrs love of male romantic relationships makes them especially susceptible to this. Seriously though it seems like at all time high with Samurai Jack and Voltron.
Yup.

Toa TAK

Banned
I liked that episode. Seriously, nothing in this season has been a miss for me. Playing up Jack's awkwardness throughout was great adding humor to otherwise tense situations. Naked Ashsi and her response to Jack was great, and him flinging his robe was the cherry on top.

Really didn't think these two were gonna hook up for numerous reasons but hey, it's nice and both seem like a good fit so whatever. The song choice at the end, though?

Aces.

This is why being caught up in certain parts of a fandom that tend to lose themselves in headcanons and AUs is not a good thing.
It's practically unhealthy.

Morlas

A character doesn't have to be anything but what an author makes it whether that be gay straight ultimate evil or ghost Scot

Looking forward to where the next episode will lead. Guardian will be there. Just hope he's still alive and kicking.

Naked Ashi was a nice surprise. Hot damn.

PixelatedBookake

I'm a little disappointed that, so far, the past few episodes have failed to live up to the first three of this season. Don't get me wrong it's still great, but since Ashi began to turn good the plotlines have had rushed, unsatisfying conclusions (samurai horseman, magic sword) and even Ashi and Jack being in a romantic relationship being handled in a rushed fashion due to how little time they have this season. If they knew they had only so much time, they should have focused on resolving those plotlines first.

Exodust

Banned
Can't say I wanted them to hook up, but I'm fine with it. Probably my least favorite episode of the new season but it was still good. Honestly, I found it odd that people expected all the episodes to be dark. It was the return of Samurai Jack, which means the return everything the show ever was, and it's pulling it off pretty well overall so I'm happy.

Kuzu

Neo Member
A single episode of an otherwise decent season managed to piss off the collective internet. That takes true talent.

TheFlow

Banned
Episode 8 is an episode that would work with a season of 25-26 episodes.

It doesn't work for this because long time fans feel cheated from seeing other stuff. This is 10 episodes, I don't want an whole entire episode dedicated to shipping

It doesn't work for this because long time fans feel cheated from seeing other stuff. This is 10 episodes, I don't want an whole entire episode dedicated to shipping
More time was dedicated to them hooking up than was given to Jack undoing all of his mental damage, casting away his demons and getting his magic sword that has been missing for decades COMBINED. Priorities are all sorts of fucked up. Stupid filler shit taking away from important character development.

Unbounded

Personally I'd prefer Jack doesn't go through decades of blue balls. I'm happy to have used up an episode for that cause.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
More time was dedicated to them hooking up than was given to Jack undoing all of his mental damage, casting away his demons and getting his magic sword that has been missing for decades COMBINED. Priorities are all sorts of fucked up. Stupid filler shit taking away from important character development.

You have no idea if this was stupid filler shit or not. For all you know it's important for the ending.

LotusHD

Banned

It's not the best episode this season, but lol, you say people feel cheated as if we deserved this season or something

TheFlow

Banned
It's not the best episode this season, but lol, you say people feel cheated as if we deserved this season or something

trust me Samurai Jack season 5 is a blessing. I am happy to get closure, but this episode did nothing but make shippers happy. I rather the time be spent on something else.

know what am I saying. I don't hate the episode, but wish we got something else instead considering the episode count of this show.

we could of got jack and/ash kissing in the epilogue or something.

Zelias

Banned
Waste of an episode. Felt like filler and the Jack/Ashi thing is honestly kinda cringeworthy. Still got high hopes for the final two though.

LotusHD

Banned
trust me Samurai Jack season 5 is a blessing. I am happy to get closure, but this episode did nothing but make shippers happy. I rather the time be spent on something else.

know what am I saying. I don't hate the episode, but wish we got something else instead considering the episode count of this show.

we could of got jack and/ash kissing in the epilogue or something.

I mean that's perfectly fine and understandable, and the season definitely deserves criticism for its pacing. I just don't see how we're being cheated is all.

Just watched the episode.

I TOLD YOU THEY WOULD FUCK CHECK THE RECEIPTS I WAS THE FIRST ONE.

Now that that's out of the way I'm so hyped for these last couple episodes.

TheFlow

Banned
I mean that's perfectly fine and understandable, and the season definitely deserves criticism for its pacing. I just don't see how we're being cheated is all.

I mean some fans have no problem with this episode, but it is not hard to see why fans are raging on the internet

Fj0823

I mean some fans have no problem with this episode, but it is not hard to see why fans are raging on the internet

Thing is, most of them are not raging because of the pacing or the season's priorities, it's for a completely different reason.

Because Jack isn't fucking Johnny Bravo, that's literally it.

Zolo

Anyway, it wasn't my favorite episode but I really enjoy the way it looked.

Yeah. I can understand complaints.....but when it seems like you wouldn't complain if it was two guys (or in other dumb complaints, male/female), then it just makes your whole point funny.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

They're raging because their head cannon was contradicted. Or because they somehow think this was a filler episode despite having no goddamned idea how this plot point will play into the finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom