• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

People just now realising that Genndy's a thirsty MF.

Sym+bionic+titan+comp+it+s+a+shame+this+show+wasn+t+renewed_c526b3_5442968.gif

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Having just finished watching both seasons of Symbionic Titan, I could totally use more Octus/Kimmy goofiness.

There's one big flaw in that "Jack has aged thing", because he hasn't aged at all. And he still acts like he did when he was 20. He plainly said that in like the first episode.

Even better, Jack says it in the first ten seconds of the intro.

"50 years have passed, but... I do not age."

I'd still say his best work is samurai jack seasons 1 through 4. Then dexter, then sym bionic Titan. But it doesn't mean sym bionic Titan is bad, it's just that dexter and samurai jack are so good they are part of popular culture and cartoon history while sym bionic Titan is like the obscure show hard to find people forget exists. Largely due to it being impossible to find dud to licensing issues of course. But it didn't make a mark like the other shows. Might have to do with it simply being Genndys attempt at a mecha/voltron show which Anime has a million of

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I like Genndy's Clone Wars series better than the CG one that followed it. Hell I liked that series better than the prequel movies.

Just more dancing.

It is but it has underlying adult themes, etc. Even to this day people wonder how that scene actually made it in though.

I would recommend to watch the series, especially if you liked Genndy's previous works .

Lol, yeah, most of that gif is borderline, but the close up on her bending down and shaking her ass is something you would never expect to see on a show aimed at all ages/kids.

Kinyou

I like Genndy's Clone Wars series better than the CG one that followed it. Hell I liked that series better than the prequel movies.
Yeah, after Genndy's I just couldn't warm up to the CG one. The action just pales in comparison.

I really hope Genndy makes another show on adult swim after this.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'd still say his best work is samurai jack seasons 1 through 4. Then dexter, then sym bionic Titan. But it doesn't mean sym bionic Titan is bad, it's just that dexter and samurai jack are so good they are part of popular culture and cartoon history while sym bionic Titan is like the obscure show hard to find people forget exists. Largely due to it being impossible to find dud to licensing issues of course. But it didn't make a mark like the other shows. Might have to do with it simply being Genndys attempt at a mecha/voltron show which Anime has a million of

Part of it is both of those shows lasted a lot longer and were a lot more prevalent while they were on. Jack and Dexter were all over the place, they were constantly rerun all over, while Titan was that thing they ran once and abandoned. It only really had time to find it's legs before getting canned.

That shit was legendary. When I heard they were doing a series I thought it'd be Genndy doing it, but then I saw it wasn't and all my hype died.

I really hope Adult Swim just cut Genndy a check and let him do whatever. Jack's pulling good numbers for that time of night and he's too talented not to be having cash thrown at him.

Having just finished watching both seasons of Symbionic Titan, I could totally use more Octus/Kimmy goofiness.
There's only one season of SBT. And you just made me sad.

This Ashi/Jack stuff, is this an actual controversy? Could people not see where this was going from basically second 1? Isn't this epilogue being watched by people who grew up with Jack, who should be in their 30s or so by now?

Fj0823

This Ashi/Jack stuff, is this an actual controversy? Could people not see where this was going from basically second 1? Isn't this epilogue being watched by people who grew up with Jack, who should be in their 30s or so by now?

That's exactly the problem

20s would be more accurate for most.

Lmo911

Okay this has been bothering me. Those green cat guys... are they an homage to something? They look familiar as hell.

NEO0MJ

Might have to do with it simply being Genndys attempt at a mecha/voltron show which Anime has a million of

Nah. By the time Titan came out mecha shows have been pretty much dead for over a decade, combining ones even longer.

Yeah, after Genndy's I just couldn't warm up to the CG one. The action just pales in comparison.

I really hope Genndy makes another show on adult swim after this.

Later seasons had some good fights IMO. Maul vs Sidious was especially good.

32797564601_1936c53ecd_o.gif

32921435075_fd4e43dcaf_o.gif

32768003992_3b55d04221_o.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So this is because of inconsistency with childhood / teenage "fanfic?" Glad I've never taken my fandom to that level. This is Genndy's story, not mine.

Kinda sorta. People wanted the story to go one way, and when it didn't they raged. Sometimes they call it filler (we have no idea what is filler and what isn't at this point) or they use some other complaint.

Fj0823

So this is because of inconsistency with childhood / teenage "fanfic?" Glad I've never taken my fandom to that level. This is Genndy's story, not mine.

The same happened with Star Wars, Alien, Avatar,Dragon Ball,Harry Potter,Steven Universe,and so on...

People start making theories and clinging to them, when the author comes out with explanations for X or Y a good chunk of the criticism boils down to "this is not how I imagined it".

That line is used A LOT in other franchise's threads.

I'm not saying authors can do no wrong, trust me, I'm a Eureka Seven fan. I'm just saying this kind of flawed criticism is everywhere.

I expect it to appear here at full force (heh) with Luke's character in Star Wars Episode VIII.

NEO0MJ

Don't get me wrong, it definitely looks good but it doesn't quite scratch the same itch. I'm probably a bit biased because overall I prefer 2d animation.

The stuff shown in the 2D show was on a completely different calibur so yeah. They grounded things for the 3D show and only ever got close to Genndy's work with the episodes featuring the force wielders, and even then they were still less explosive.

Zocano

Or people are just tired of trite and poorly written women that is just really groan worthy.

Zocano

How is she poorly written though? Just because she got with Jack? A lot of people use this as an excuse for a ship they don't like.

Really forced and sudden romance with basically the first man she ever really met. Tinkerbell transformation. Weird flip floppy naïveté and obliviousness.

The born sexy yesterday thread/video/trope that was going around makes a really good argument about it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
She isn't poorly written.

That's what I'm saying. I want some explanation for the comment that isn't just "I don't like this development"

Really forced and sudden romance with basically the first man she ever really met. Tinkerbell transformation. Weird flip floppy naïveté and obliviousness.

The born sexy yesterday thread/video/trope that was going around makes a really good argument about it.

This is essentially the same sort of shit as in Aladdin. She's sheltered as fuck, he shows her "a whole new world," they fall in love. Also, no shit she's naive. She's been trained her whole life as an assassin. In a cave.

Also, make your own arguments. Don't expect people to watch a video.

Zocano

This is essentially the same sort of shit as in Aladdin. She's sheltered as fuck, he shows her "a whole new world," they fall in love. Also, no shit she's naive. She's been trained her whole life as an assassin.

Also, make your own arguments. Don't expect people to watch a video.

On phone and can't go super in depth and also I would just parrot what the video makes. Basically weird explotation by the writers into making the character be infatuated by the only person they ever really knew.

And I meant how they aren't consistent with her naïveté. Sometimes embarrassed by her nudity, sometimes not. Doesnt make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom