• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching it, I was pretty annoyed at the romance shit. Later on dwelling on about it, I don't mind it as much. I had low expectations going into this episode, the last episode before the new one set the bar pretty low, so I didn't mind. I just hope the next two are decently paced and are a satisfying conclusion.

Numb

Don't mind it
Could have had the same result accidental hand touch leading into hand hold on that pole and silence
French kiss in alien bug guts works too

The Hermit

Am I the only one who is actually sad after this episode? Not because of their relationship, that was funny actually, but because it means she will either die or he won't go to the past.

It was too cliche though, so I can understand the backlash, even if it was on purpose.

Biske

Am I the only one who is actually sad after this episode? Not because of their relationship, that was funny actually, but because it means she will either die or he won't go to the past.

It was too cliche though, so I can understand the backlash, even if it was on purpose.

Why couldn't he just take her back to the past with him?

I thought this episode was great.

The internet didn't waste any time.

18341966_1969680856600973_8306841141644279646_n.jpg

5SPUv8x.gif

Just watched the last two episodes. It definitely feels like the story has been rushed or at least compressed. A lot of emotional beats are happening in very quick succession. While it's nice that they've already gotten the romance out of the way in contrast to other shows that drag it on, it's a bi strange to see how both Jack and Ashi's character development is pretty much done with the exception of taking out Aku.

Ah well, I'm still excited to see the last few episodes.

Biske

Depends on how time travel works in the show. If it is like Back to the Future wouldn't she disappear if Jack defeats Aku in the past?

I don't see why it would.

Seems pretty fast and loose. He got flung into the future and has been dicking around not aging. Why can't a future person go back to the past and hangout.

Not all time travel has to be so... consequential.

I don't really understand the complaints of things being rushed though. In Samurai Jack terms.. any character development is a breakthrough. Its always been one off episodes for the most part that speed along. Its kind of the beauty of it, never bogged down in bullshit. Don't need to Dragon Ball Z it.

Zolo

Wasn't the entire idea about going back in time to make it, so that the awful world Jack is in never happens?

I think it's a safe assumption that unless the show makes a point of their time travel being linear, that it's a form of multi verse. Aka this could easily be a split timeline show.

Zolo

I think it's a safe assumption that unless the show makes a point of their time travel being linear, that it's a form of multi verse. Aka this could easily be a split timeline show.

In that case though, there should always be a timeline where Jack's people were all killed no matter what happens.

Biske

Wasn't the entire idea about going back in time to make it, so that the awful world Jack is in never happens?

Sure. but if you take a person, whole, out of time, why can't you place them in another time.

We are all just a collection of atoms. Why can't they exist in a different time and be the same.

In that case though, there should always be a timeline where Jack's people were all killed no matter what happens.
Well yes. There would be a timeline this world has to recover after hundreds/thousands of years of being less by Aku. His minions aren't going to just disappear either.

So one that is on its way to recovery, and one he stops at it the source.

The Hermit

People now want it to be a tragic ending because they are expecting the first 3 episodes

I don't want a tragic ending, but the tone of the show make me expect it.

Most of the episodes (maybe the entire show) has an underlying tragedy that happened, blind archers, birth of evil, the guardian and others had sacrifice, punishment and hoplesness as themes and the last season just enhanced it.

There are some light hearted episodes, mostly involving the Scotsman and , ironically, Aku himself, but the whole show is about the struggle of a foolish samurai wielding a magic sword. Emphasis on struggle. So yeah I expect some shitty​ things happening to his new girlfriend.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I guess the sweetest revenge Jack is taking on Aku is banging his daughter...

That's some cold shit, Jack.

Anyway, I liked the episode. I thought it was fun, but I felt like the romance aspect of it was weird and rushed. It seemed more like it would be a father/daughter/mentor/mentee relationship, and not a romantic one. Me and my wife were watching the episode and was like, "whuh?"

Two episodes left, but I don't think I ever expected Jack to go back to the past. It seems like that would fuck up a lot of things. The lives he's touched, even Ashi's existence. I feel like he needs to defeat Aku in the present, and just go on from there. Give up on returning to the past. What's done is done. Really enjoying this season so far. I bought it on Amazon Prime, so I don't get to watch the episodes until Sunday, I think (or is it Saturday when they add them?), but me and my wife have made it out thing to watch the show on Sundays.

Yooo, my boy finally gets some lovin'

Can't lie, the awkward moments where awkward, but I was nervous as all hell leading up to first kiss, so eh.

2 episodes left, let's see what Genndy's got.

Labolas

Personally, I think the episode added to the adult themes in the show. I can't hate on it for that reason. Plus, I like to see some character growth for Jack.

Holy fuck at those tumblr comments. For a moment I felt like I had stepped back in time to 2000 and into that pit of hell that was Gundam Wing shipping wars...

Jarmel

Banned
I'm just underwhelmed with this season after they pulled back from the tone in the first three episodes. The rest of the season is coming off as a regression in comparison.

I'm just underwhelmed with this season after they pulled back from the tone in the first three episodes. The rest of the season is coming off as a regression in comparison.

The funny thing is that we know Genndy can do well when he gets serious. But it's almost like for every amazing episode he makes, he needs to get something out of his system. I mean Sym-bionic Titan had fantastic episodes, mixed in with some ok to cheesy episodes. It's like he's still trying to do Dexter's Laboratory.

The funny thing is that we know Genndy can do well when he gets serious. But it's almost like for every amazing episode he makes, he needs to get something out of his system. I mean Sym-bionic Titan had fantastic episodes, mixed in with some ok to cheesy episodes. It's like he's still trying to do Dexter's Laboratory.

It's almost like people have highs and lows, or something.

i mean you can say it sarcastically, but I was hoping for a tighter ship when I've seen his highs and was hoping the lows came from having to stretch out seasons for longer and that a smaller episode count would mean all the quality episodes put into a smaller season. Clearly my expectations were off.

Defuser

Let Jack have some booty man,jesus. The dude have been like a roaming virgin for over 50 years, the last thing he needs is being a 'Milady'.

NEO0MJ

Why do these tigers fucking wear shirts spelling out shit anyways lol.

Maybe they work part time as cheerleaders?

Let Jack have some booty man,jesus. The dude have been like a roaming virgin for over 50 years, the last thing he needs is being a 'Milady'.

Pretty sure it's longer than that. Dude was doing nothing but training since he was a kid. Maybe if he met the Sheikh's daughter when he was older.

Unbounded

Whether or not the ending is tragic completely depends on what theory of time travel you subscribe to.

I'm betting we get multiverse theory. If we didn't there would be paradoxes out the ass.

Whether or not the ending is tragic completely depends on what theory of time travel you subscribe to.

I'm betting we get multiverse theory. If we didn't there would be paradoxes out the ass.

I agree that it is the most intuitive option to take, but I'll root for the other one because I like my time travel Dan Simmons' style i.e. as tragic as possible.

Ecotic

Regrettably I feel the same way. The rest of the season has had good to excellent episodes but something was magical about the intensity of those first few.

Keasar

So, Tumblr is having a meltdown being Aishi and Jack got together, what exactly did tumblr want to happen? Aku and Jack?

TheOGB

Banned
So, Tumblr is having a meltdown being Aishi and Jack got together, what exactly did tumblr want to happen? Aku and Jack?
The Last of Us, or Star Wars The Clone Wars

(a lot of people wanted it to end up a father/daughter or mentor/apprentice type of relationship, didn't want romance, or thought the romance was weird; otherwise yeah some probably did want something like Aku or Johnny Bravo)

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I've got no problem with them being together. Saw it coming early in the season, so it was just a matter of waiting for the inevitable.

caliph95

Probably the fact that she was only around other women (most of them being her MOTHER AND SISTERS, but whatever) for most of her life.
Pretty sure desires like were beaten out of them since Ashi was confused of what the two deers are doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom