• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live: Season 41 |OT| Starring the Real Ghostbusters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Trump & Sia, they are just trying to create the perfect storm of awkward energy tonight.

Makai

Dammit, I just watched this Star Trek episode.

letthatbeyourlastbattlefieldhd1313.jpg

Trumps tweets are funny but the cast members being aware of the tweets is dumb

I like the concept, but the execution sucked. They called out the concept from a mile away, and killed the joke.

Imagine a skit where the tweets seem like a natural integration, and the audience reacts to them - instead of the cast. Then you slowly have the cast turn on the whole process.

It feels like an awesome 30 Rock bit, but the actual show botched it horribly.

Quick

Banned
I love Barack but is not really good at this to be honest. He was really wooden in the SNL bits he has done in the past.

The difference between then and now is he's on fuckit mode. He was still campaigning back when he made an appearance and probably needed to stay in check.

Tarkus

Who is Sia? Is she one of those intellectual artist singer types?
She wrote "Diamonds in the Sky" by Rihanna among other very popular songs. She's been trying to make a name for herself lately by doing her own thing. Too bad it looks like strange hipster performance art.

Who is Sia? Is she one of those intellectual artist singer types?

She wrote songs for a long time for Gaga, Perry, etc - and just recently started up a solo career under the gimmick of never showing her face. Plays up the artsy angle in a big way. Chandelier was a decent-sized hit.

Bgamer90

Banned
I like the concept, but the execution sucked. They called out the concept from a mile away, and killed the joke.

Imagine a skit where the tweets seem like a natural integration, and the audience reacts to them - instead of the cast. Then you slowly have the cast turn on the whole process.

EXACTLY.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Interesting focus this week...

T Dollarz

Man, this is pretty bad. Honestly, I feel like SNL has turned to shit the last 5 years as they have started to cater way too much to millennial bullshit humor.

Tubie

I haven't watched SNL in years, and so far this cast seems terrible.

How did any of these guys get on SNL?

213372bu

Banned
Why do they always write Leslie Jones character so bad?

Why do they write Weekly Update without being punctual and hitting a joke anymore?

Why do I still regularly watch this?

Sianos

this was a setup by bill clinton

imagine trump has an antenna under his hat like in spongebob

bill: okay remind everyone you think obama is a secret kenyan

bill: alright now attack the other republicans

Man, this is pretty bad. Honestly, I feel like SNL has turned to shit the last 5 years as they have started to cater way too much to millennial bullshit humor.

Their coverage of 2012 was solid, and I've enjoyed stuff from their last season. But something about this year has felt really off. They haven't established a new defining voice since Wiig left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom