• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live: Season 41 |OT| Starring the Real Ghostbusters

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

What was the point of that sketch? It feels like the punch line never came.

no clue. truly bizarre. I thought at first they were trying to make fun of speaking time complaints at the debates? who knows

trumpdance.gif

Hexa

no clue. truly bizarre. I thought at first they were trying to make fun of speaking time complaints at the debates? who knows

trumpdance.gif

I think the only point was making gif material.
That seemed to be the point of the last sketch too.

Tarkus

This makes no sense at all. Lorne Michaels controls all of Late Night at NBC now, including both Tonight Show & Late Night. Meyers is Lorne's guy 100% and he gets good ratings.
He does? I wouldn't call a 0.44 share good. Lorne is also great friends with Stern. There will be a strong Stern influence on NBC late night. I would almost bet on it. The quality of the Stern show, despite how neutered it is now, is leagues beyond what anyone is being done on late night TV. Stern has thrown too many clues out in the past year for it not to be true.
Also Moonves is CBS not NBC...
Ah, well whomever is head of America's Got Talent's network is pretty much blowing Stern for another ratings boost. Especially since Stern quit because of the Sony hack/Simon Cowell true intentions.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Why was that not done live?

I mean, why was that done at all, but why was that not done live?

I was thinking the same thing. Nothing about that sketch demanded it be pre recorded...even Donald's part only meant him saying like three sentences.

Downhome

You know, I really, truly, thought SNL would pull all the stops tonight because they know so many eyes will be on the show and by doing so it could help pull folks who have been away from the show for a long time back again.

This may cement that those people never come back. What in the world is wrong with this writing team?

Rootbeer

Banned
These last two sketches... felt very unfinished, let alone not funny.

Now I remember why I didn't watch SNL much in recent years. They frontload the show, and after Weekend Update is where they put all the weakest sketches.

What happened to the SNL that had some bite to it? There is no message or comedy to any of these skits. It's pure garbage, but it's been that way for a bunch of seasons now. It's why I never watch anymore.

T Dollarz

You know, I really, truly, thought SNL would pull all the stops tonight because they know so many eyes will be on the show and by doing so it could help pull folks who have been away from the show for a long time back again.

This may cement that those people never come back. What in the world is wrong with this writing team?

Yep I'm with you 100%.

Larry David as Bernie Sanders and McKinnon as Hillary is the only thing going for SNL right now

The musical guest (Sia) this week is pretty cringeworthy as well. Another person that SNL has ripped to shreds in the past, yet curiously still seems to endorse.

Yeah, they seem to do that a lot. I don't watch the show often and don't know much about it's history, but in the last few years they've done stuff like make fun of Bieber and then have him on as a guest and let him stand on a soapbox to apologize for behavior or discredit criticizers or whatever.

I heard some guy was offering money to anyone who successfully heckled Trump on the broadcast, did anything get through?

Yep I'm with you 100%.

Larry David as Bernie Sanders and McKinnon as Hillary is the only thing going for SNL right now

Kate McKinnon's Hillary is just bizarre to me, I'm not super familiar with Clinton but a lot of the mannerisms McKinnon does just seem pulled out of thin air. It's not really an impersonation, it's just Kate saying common observations about Hillary in a wacky way while dressed as her.

Cheebo

Banned
He does? I wouldn't call a 0.44 share good. Lorne is also great friends with Stern. There will be a strong Stern influence on NBC late night. I would almost bet on it. The quality of the Stern show, despite how neutered it is now, is leagues beyond what anyone is being done on late night TV. Stern has thrown too many clues out in the past year for it not to be true.

It's much better than the competition. And Stern is not someone Lorne could control. Lorne is in charge, he would never be able to be in charge of someone like Stern. Lorne would never pick someone who would outrank him in influence. There is a reason why he always picks people who he found and groomed like Conan, Fallon, and Meyers.

If Stern goes to TV, its not on the Lorne Michaels controlled world of late night tv of NBC. Lorne is the alpha-dog of NBC late night, Stern doesn't fit into that.

Owzers

Yeah, they seem to do that a lot. I don't watch the show often and don't know much about it's history, but in the last few years they've done stuff like make fun of Bieber and then have him on as a guest and let him stand on a soapbox to apologize for behavior or discredit criticizers or whatever.

I heard some guy was offering money to anyone who successfully heckled Trump on the broadcast, did anything get through?

some old guy, kinda looked like Bernie Sanders.

kingkitty

snl will live forever

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This is all so weird. They do more jokes at Trump's expense on a normal night. So him being a good sport about being made fun of gets negated when they sorta dodge around it. Like that little Toots sketch was obviously a time filler. No set or anything, they obviously put it together last minute.

Strong suspicion that some stuff got left on the cutting room floor.

Tubie

Does Sia know google images exist, and people can see her face there?

What's the point of this gimmick?

So far all this does is distract from her great voice imo.

Downhome

This Asian woman isn't as good at this as that young dancer Sia was using before.

I think Sis is such a great vocalist that it pains me that she resorts to this type of crap along with it. She doesn't need this stuff at all.

Quick

Banned
Yeah, I bailed out. It was just bad.

I used to be an avid viewer of the show, but having cut cable, it wasn't something I looked at watching. I caught a sketch once in a while, but nothing consistent.

Anyway, has the audience been dead like this all season, or is it because Trump is on, or is it because the episode has been legitimately terrible? Terrible episodes from a couple of years ago still had louder audience reactions than tonight's episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom