• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seth C said:
You think so? I thought it looks mediocre. I wish it was more colorful. It was when I saw it in the theater (twice) but the Blu just looks toned down.

*shrugs*

I got like a 30" CRT HDTV. It looks pretty sick on my rig.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
ezekial45 said:
He'll be just fine. Regardless of how it did in theaters, they made a great movie and they'll be have no problems finding work.
Cera might have trouble starring a big budget movie again.

Chairhome

I started listening to the cast commentary, about half way through so far (keep getting interrupted!), but the most surprising thing to me was that the only person who knew that the "Item get!" sound was from Zelda was Brandon Routh. Probably not too surprising since he's probably older than the rest of the cast, but everyone else was like, "really?!" :lol

Sanjuro

Chairhome said:
I started listening to the cast commentary, about half way through so far (keep getting interrupted!), but the most surprising thing to me was that the only person who knew that the "Item get!" sound was from Zelda was Brandon Routh. Probably not too surprising since he's probably older than the rest of the cast, but everyone else was like, "really?!" :lol
Kids today mang

Medalion

Banned
Chairhome said:
Loved the nintendo sounds and seinfeld intro, this movie has it alo

vazel

Banned
The commentary sounds fun. Does anyone know if the Netflix BD version will have stripped out extras? I forgot which studios do that.

Medalion

Banned
This movie was enjoyable all around, consistently, something that I couldn't say for Kick-ass despite I loved it upon first viewing as well.

Special features are great.

Alternate ending only makes sense with the alternate desert scene. In that context, it was pretty good. The alternate desert scene was sweet.

I hope this movie becomes a cult classic and sells well on Blu-ray/dvd.

Any word on that, actually? How is it doing?

ezekial45

Banned
vas_a_morir said:
Special features are great.

Alternate ending only makes sense with the alternate desert scene. In that context, it was pretty good. The alternate desert scene was sweet.

I hope this movie becomes a cult classic and sells well on Blu-ray/dvd.

Any word on that, actually? How is it doing?

The only thing we have to go on are all the sell outs from the different stores people have mentioned.

jediyoshi

Chairhome said:
I started listening to the cast commentary, about half way through so far (keep getting interrupted!), but the most surprising thing to me was that the only person who knew that the "Item get!" sound was from Zelda was Brandon Routh.

He sounded like the only one who'd remembered anything from the books. I think he's the only one that brought up Lynette's bionic arm. He was also the only one not oblivious of the fact that Scott's anecdote of him kicking someone so hard they saw the curvature of the Earth had actually happened.

Also in Googling that I found one hell of a forum.

So it's this scene right? Wow, didn't really notice the two of them

ipshly.jpg

Seth C said:
You think so? I thought it looks mediocre. I wish it was more colorful. It was when I saw it in the theater (twice) but the Blu just looks toned down.

SMH. The film is meant to look toned down- especially in the first half.

Seth C

LegendOfGood said:
SMH. The film is meant to look toned down- especially in the first half.

Then why did it look so much better in the theater? :lol

That's all I was expecting of the Blu-Ray release. Realistic is fine, but the transfer is fairly dismal in my opinion. Not realistic, but rather unrealistically dull. Which is a shame because when I saw it the second time on a digital projection theater I specifically thought about how vivid it was going to look at home. Didn't happen.

hermit7

ezekial45 said:
The only thing we have to go on are all the sell outs from the different stores people have mentioned.

Well I went to Wal-Mart to pick it up, but they didn't have the Blu-Ray, only DVD. So I went to Target and bought it there.

I felt dirty walking in Wal-mart, but it is next to my sushi place

Re-watched it again and it is as fantastic as I had remembered, even picked up the soundtrack. Music is awesome.

ezekial45

Banned
G-Fex said:
I really like the alternate ending.

It made me feel a bit bad for Ramona though but it was verrrrrrry cute

After seeing both, i still prefer the theatrical ending. To be honest, it just seems to rap things up better. Wright said it best in the commentary track about how some people felt cheated with the Knives ending. Also,
i thought that them playing NNR again in slow motion was a little lame.
:lol

The alternate extra life sequence was pretty cool though. Bonus points for using the Super Mario World secret key sound effect. :lol

The song that Sex Bob-Ombed were playing in the Chaos Theater (No Fun) sounded really good. I wish it was included in the OST. Anyway we can hear it at some point in the future?

ezekial45

Banned
Hydrogen Bluebird said:
The song that Sex Bob-Ombed were playing in the Chaos Theater (No Fun) sounded really good. I wish it was included in the OST. Anyway we can hear it at some point in the future?

EDIT: Sorry, i was thinking of the other song.

They said they'd like to get another soundtrack out if the first two did well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom