• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
XiaNaphryz said:
The vid was supposed to be shown at the start of the credits after the ending, but with the ending change to Ramona it was pulled out.
Yeah, but she still looks weird. It's probably the make up (too much of it).

_dementia said:
It was awesome watching the opening in theaters

Haha yeah. I remember after watching that opening in theaters I smiled and knew I was gonna love this film. (similar to when in Social Network while he was creating Facemash and they show the exclusive clubs while that synthy Reznor track kicks in...sick editing and I knew I was in for a great film)

brotkasten said:
How would this fit in the story?

e: I'm talking about the movie.
Exactly, but someone said it was in there to be the reason he said "Lesbians" when talking to Wallace. I didn't know how the hell it would fit either but that's just what I read, so I was just asking since I saw it pop up at the top of the page.

WordAssassin said:
Exactly, but someone said it was in there to be the reason he said "Lesbians" when talking to Wallace. I didn't know how the hell it would fit either but that's just what I read, so I was just asking since I saw it pop up at the top of the page.
That was the reason why he said it in the comics. I think that line is only in the movie, because it was funny.

ultron87 said:
I forgot just how awesome the Sex Bob-Omb vs Katayanagi Twins song is. So good.
Threshold? If so, yes, it is indeed an awesome track. I'd encourage anyone who's a fan of the movie and music in it to pick up the Soundtrack and Score, they're both excellent.

I also love the 8-bit Threshold mix during the credits. It's funny, but the last time I saw the movie, my girl and I started messing around during the credits, and once the 8-bit Threshold came on towards the end we were going at it in full... and had to stop and laugh hysterically because the 8-bit music was DESTROYING the mood. :lol Tried ignoring it for a minute but we couldn't.

So yeah, lesson learned: do not have sex with 8-bit music.

HiResDes

BocoDragon said:
I do agree that a full alternate cut would have been nice... but now that I've seen the original ending, I'm not sure if it's actually better. It raises other questions:

Should Knives have just gotten back together with a cheater just like that, no questions asked? Maybe in real life that would happen but in for a feel-good mainstream film that's an unappealing message.

What does that turn Ramona into? If they don't go off into the sunset together, then the main plot about 7 exes looks a little weak.

I also like how they ended with the SMB2-style subspace door in the theatrical cut.

However, I know that my date at the time would have preffered the original ending. She identified with Knives and was left cold by the theatrical ending.. and she loved Ninja Ninja Revolution. :p Also personally I would have chosen the cute asian rather than the doe-eyed hipser :p She is a little thick, lol.
You think Ramona is fat? GTFO, do you only date anorexic chicks or something :lol

Mary%20Elizabeth%20Winstead.jpg

Tucah

you speak so well
Finally bought my copy of the BR, pretty excited to see the movie again, but I'm mostly pumped for all the special features. Hell yes.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
I love how Knives called her a fat white girl. Her and Wallace stole the movie. She's more fit than skinny imo. Still super hot though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So in one of the behind-the-scene vids showing O'Malley's creative process, there's a page where he has "I'm so sick of everyone saying that they know what happens next." I think this coincides greatly with my feeling that he was purposely trying to write an ending for the comics that was different from what people were anticipating for the sake of doing just that, which may be why volume 6 always felt so oddly paced and thrown together for me.

Altazor

XiaNaphryz said:
So in one of the behind-the-scene vids showing O'Malley's creative process, there's a page where he has "I'm so sick of everyone saying that they know what happens next." I think this coincides greatly with my feeling that he was purposely trying to write an ending for the comics that was different from what people were anticipating for the sake of doing just that, which may be why volume 6 always felt so oddly paced and thrown together for me.

one thing I hated on Vol. 6 when I first read it was
Bryan teasing us with Kim and Scott... especially that goddamned kiss. Then, after I finished it I thought about that for a while and realized Kim was too good for Scott :D
and then I stopped being mad.

derFeef

Scullibundo said:
I'm going to see Mary Elizabeth Winstead today.
Along with the rest of the cast and Wright.
For real?
I hate you, please die.
^^^^ uhm, that´s a movie reference, just to be safe :lol

butter_stick said:
Ramona is so much hotter than Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
I agree. Winstead looks a bit stupid in the movie, because she's only wearing a wig. It actually looks horrible and when I saw her on the first promo video without the wig (but with the haircut) I was like 'ugh, gtfo of my SP movie'.

bob4yrumkkq15ilor.jpg

I mean, come on!

MNC

brotkasten said:
Buy the DVD/BD.
If I could, I would.

Edit: That's not her real hair! She probably got it cut to fit it under the wig. You should look at the more recent interviews, she has a really classy look.

MNC said:
Edit: That's not her real hair! She probably got it cut to fit it under the wig. You should look at the more recent interviews, she has a really classy look.
I know, I know. I even posted a recent video ;) But it was my third 'first impression' of her (forgot that she was in Death Proof and Die Hard 4.0 :lol)

ezekial45

Banned
I think my copy is defective. The movie skips about 3 seconds during the Patel fight.

Does amazon have a return policy for opened products?

Well the bluray was sold out at the best buy I went to so I just ordered it online.

I couldn't find any copies at the new releases shelf, the 'S' section of the alphabetical blurays or in the scott pilgrim cardboard standee that was at the end of the aisle. They only had the dvd. And I didn't feel like bothering someone to try and find me a copy in the back.

Seems like it's a pretty hot item.

jett

D-Member
butter_stick said:
Smh. I don't understand how anybody with a penis could hold this opinion.

I don't understand how can anyone find Ramona in the movie "hot". Those fucking wigs are some of the most unflattering things I've seen an actress wear, poor MEW. Actually most characters looked like they were hit by the ugly stick. The whole movie has this ugly, grimy look to it even.

Altazor

jett said:
I don't understand how can anyone find Ramona in the movie "hot". Those fucking wigs are some of the most unflattering things I've seen an actress wear, poor MEW. Actually most characters looked like they were hit by the ugly stick. The whole movie has this ugly, grimy look to it even.

I'm really tempted to quote your tag, man, but I won't... but I'll say that I disagree with you, just with two words: Envy Adams.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Jedeye Sniv said:
No man, I mean the camera tests in costume as Ramona, all the stuff with her eyes and lips she does. That slightly disapproving, slightly pouty look she gives.... dayum! To be fair, I think I may have more of a thing for the actual character of Ramona than MEW strictly, although she was also smoking hot in Grindhouse and I'm digging the 50's look she's going for in her recent interviews. But coloured hair, rollerskates and leggings just hit me in all the right spots :D

totally

jett

D-Member
Altazor said:
I'm really tempted to quote your tag, man, but I won't... but I'll say that I disagree with you, just with two words: Envy Adams.

See, for me, Envy Adams didn't look anything like how I imagined from the comic book. *shrug*

Grisby

Tried to pick up the Blu-ray while in Gainesville today at Bestbuy and they were all sold out! Good sign for the movie, bad sign for me, :lol

jett said:
Yeah, I didn't think she was hot at all in the movie. The wigs just looked pretty bad. I mean shes on ok looking chick in real life, but I don't think shes incredible or anything.

So I FINALLY found this movie today. So many places didn't have the Blu-Ray version in stock. Though mostly due to them not bothering to carry it.

And WOW this film is better the second time. Truly is a classic. And the picture quality is comfortably above average.

Solo said:
Its true. MEW looked ugly as shit in this, and yet shes gorgeous IRL.

They "uglied" a lot of people in this film to make it more realistic. Most people who fall into Scott Pilgrims demographic aren't pretty boys and hot chicks.

jett said:
Actually most characters looked like they were hit by the ugly stick.

Agreed. Envy, Scott's sister, and Knives were the only attractive people in the film.

jett said:
The whole movie has this ugly, grimy look to it even.

More like lifelike.

discohiro

Grisby said:
Tried to pick up the Blu-ray while in Gainesville today at Bestbuy and they were all sold out! Good sign for the movie, bad sign for me, :lol

Well, you are in a college town. It would have been expected for a movie such as this.

OH! And Michael Cera is going to be on Conan in a few minutes.

So I got my blu signed by Edgar Wright and the entire cast (excluding Chris Evans).
Edgar Wright is a great guy and told me that At World's End probably won't happen for a long, long while :(. Jason Schwartzman was incredibly thankful to all the people that came out and seemed to be having a ball.

MEW and Anna Kendrick looked stunning. Aubrey Plaza was genuinely chatty and cool. Egg was nice too, as was Routh.

O'malley seemed to be a bit of a dick and Cera seemed oblivious as always.

Never been to one of these signings/nerd gatherings. Interesting stuff.

Scullibundo said:
Edgar Wright is a great guy and told me that At World's End probably won't happen for a long, long while :(..

Whaaaaaaaaat?! Fuck Ant Man...man.

Anyways, jealous for you man. That's so cool that you got to meet everybody.

Akim

Banned
Scullibundo said:
Saw a guy ask him if he was going to be at Comic Con and O'malley gave him the coldest goddamn stare ever, before scoffing and shoving the dude's poster over to Cera.

He is pretty much a douche. Go read the posts he makes on his website/forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom