• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seems like San Andreas has Followed Halo 2

Pug

Seems like ripped versions are on the prowl. It must be a case of people knicking discs from the manufacturing plants and surely they must be easily found. Two of the biggest games of the year, both pirated before release.

Pug

Its getting beyond a joke now, and as developement becomes more and more expensive I suspect the big companies are going to take bigger actions.

Midas

Serious guys, this isn't something new. MGS3, GT4, and all other upcoming games will also get the same fate.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Midas said:
Serious guys, this isn't something new. MGS3, GT4, and all other upcoming games will also get the same fate.

If someone ruins ANYTHING in MGS3, I will gut them like a fish.

aku:jiki

Pug said:
Its getting beyond a joke now, and as developement becomes more and more expensive I suspect the big companies are going to take bigger actions.
Yeah, but.. Like Midas is saying -- pre-releases are as old as the warez scene itself. It's nothing new and I don't see why they should "take action" all of a sudden. It's still just the same old piracy, except it happens before the streetdate. What the difference for corporations would be, I have absolutely no idea.

So how does this typically happen? Leaked review copies?

If so, it'd be nice if they could digitally mark each review copy somehow... and trace the rip back to its source.

you guys should know that if you can score a HD quality version of the..

BRIDGET JONES DIARY 2 : The Edge of Reason...

that the sum you will get from the pirate lords is 5 million USDs.

so.. I can only guess how much the chaps were paid for Halo 2 and GTA SA

aku:jiki

Pug said:
Nah copies are being lifted from the pressing plants, probably by people who work there.
Yes and no. I think it's too hard to say one exact thing. I mean, it could be any number of ways. The warez scene isn't all routine. If someone pops up with a copy of a game, the nearest group offers to release it and that's that.

But, yeah, pressing plants and review copies are probably the #1 and #2 spots on the list.

TheGreenGiant said:
that the sum you will get from the pirate lords is 5 million USDs.
I can't figure out if you're joking or not, but I really hope you are.

so will there be a thread for every major game now, because 4,499,767,296 threads aren't really necessary... i mean, it's not like this isn't a regular occurence...

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
Look like all of you just discovered the "scene". It's normal for games/movies/music to be released a few days/months before the scheduled date.

kikonawa

you guys act like this is a sudden phenomenon..

tons of tons of games are released everyday 24/24 7/7 365/365

welcome to the real world :D

why does this bother you guys? Let these nerds play their "l33t fr33 pir8" versions. I personally could care less if pirate copies of San Andreas grew on a tree in my backyard, i would STILL plunk down my $50 for a copy on 8/26

jett said:
Hmm...seems like the stories about GTA:SA running on a DVD9 were bull...

Yep, strange isn't it... in other news, reports are saying it works with HDLoader, THERE IS A GOD, and he doesn't want GTA to kill your PS2 laser.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
jett said:
Hmm...seems like the stories about GTA:SA running on a DVD9 were bull...

So either IGN lied or the game is dummied to hell. Or it's on DVD9 to try to thwart casual pirates (if there's such a thing)

And games being pirated before release isn't anything new guys. For Halo 2 though, a month leak before release was pretty huge news. A week for GTA:SA isn't anything as big as Halo 2's leak.

I think MGS2 was leaked 2-3 weeks before release...I hope that doesn't happen again for MGS3 or I'm gonna need to take a short hiatus from the forums

Pimpbaa

They probably ditched dvd9 cause so many ps2's have problems reading games on that type of disc (like champions of norrath).

Pimpbaa said:
They probably ditched dvd9 cause so many ps2's have problems reading games on that type of disc (like champions of norrath).

I really hope they didn't have to downsample the music or something in order to do that.

Top Bottom