• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega 3D Classics Wave 2 |OT| October: 3D Sonic 2

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sega saw my predictions & decided to make them NOT happen...

Also yeah, EU not getting it this week, so pretty much coming next week.

As for another MD game, more than any other:

june_is_boss_month_sig__2__thunder_force_iv_by_the_coop-d8lhpkt.gif

Wow, this looks amazing :O

Firebrand

Picked up OutRun, as I'm a fan of OR2. Neat 3D, but jesus, the time limit is brutal on default settings.

Is Super Hang-On just the arcade game, or does it include the career mode from the Mega Drive version?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering we get interviews on the game the Tuesday before its release, if we don't get one today, then we're getting 3D GH next week.

EBreda

Hell yeah.

If M2 does Power Drift, I'm guessing but maybe they've already done the most difficult work when they did Galaxy Force II, from the Y-Board. Plus, there would be no need to have the visual enhancements of GFII's Neo Classic mode from the PS2 release. Just Power Drift's arcade sprites. And while they're at it, SMGP arcade!

Both are feasible requests, perhaps unlike games such as Golden Axe The Revenge of Death Adder and Out Runners, which may or may not be too complex for 3DS to emulate.

Ah Super Monaco GP... That would be a dream come true. Maybe include SMGPII as a bonus?

AmyS

posted?

Streets of Rage 4 cancelled Dreamcast concept art makes its way online

A8St0if.png

reZEHO6.png

SEGA is well aware of the cult following that their Streets of Rage series possesses, so they have tried to resurrect the franchise but it always ends up being canceled for one reason or another. It seems that SEGA had a plan to release Streets of Rage 4, we had the first prove of this by leaked footage that was released a few years ago (you can view it here). The game was to be on the Dreamcast and was being developed by Ancient & SEGA with Yuzo Koshiro returning to do the soundtrack. The game was sadly canceled.

We have finally gotten more information on the canceled project thanks to Yuzo Koshiro posting concept art on his twitter account.

http://segabits.com/blog/2015/08/11...d-dreamcast-concept-art-makes-its-way-online/
https://twitter.com/yuzokoshiro

gerudoman

I remember reading that there were some important differencies between Gunstar Heroes original and GBA versions, is that true? The GBA one is the one I played and while I enjoyed it, it didn't leave an impression on me.

I remember reading that there were some important differencies between Gunstar Heroes original and GBA versions, is that true? The GBA one is the one I played and while I enjoyed it, it didn't leave an impression on me.

Of course, they were totally different/seperate games?
The GBA one isn't bad, but the original is perfection. I can't wait it's almost available outside of Japan!

Krejlooc

Banned

Gunstar Super Heroes is a sequel. It's Gunstar Heroes 2, and it's not nearly as good as the original.

Gunstar Super Heroes is a sequel. It's Gunstar Heroes 2, and it's not nearly as good as the original.

Yeah, it's not even close. I still like it a lot though, as a sort of "look what we can do" exhibition of the GBA's hardware.

Still have nightmares about that Thunder Blade level on hard mode.

Intel_89

SoR2 is painful to play on a 3DS, for some reason I didn't have any problems with SoR1 though, might be because of the double tap moves.

I always felt Gunstar Super Heroes was better than Gunstar Heroes. Could do without the cutscenes tho.

GH is pretty overrated especially amongst all the better action games on Genesis / MD.

SoR2 is painful to play on a 3DS, for some reason I didn't have any problems with SoR1 though, might be because of the double tap moves.

Yeah I'm not near as fluid as I'm used to being whilst using the D-Pad but I can't consistently pull off the double taps using the analogue.
The backwards hits moves are really hit-and-miss too.

Mihos

Gold Member

3DS controls have always been horrible to me, and trying to play SoR2 just helps me articulate it better. I beat SoR2 on my genesis regularly with no continues and 9 lives in reserve, but can barely make it to the boss on 3DS. Luckily, I pretty much only play RPGs on 3DS, but anything with action is train wreck for me on the system.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Gunstar Super Heroes is a new game but it does rehash a lot of moments from the original game, usually for the worse. There was some internal drama at Treasure that affected the development of both Gunstar Super Heroes and Guardian Heroes Advance, IIRC.

Gunstar Super Heroes is a new game but it does rehash a lot of moments from the original game, usually for the worse. There was some internal drama at Treasure that affected the development of both Gunstar Super Heroes and Guardian Heroes Advance, IIRC.

For instance I remember that you can destroy seven force with the bazooka alone.

Still great game with a lot of WOW moments.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just remember my mind being blown as a kid that not only was there going to be a sequel to "that amazing game my friends had at one point", but it'd be portable so I could take it on the go.

Kind of hope it gets put on the Wii U VC.

.......oh & that one level where it tricks you into thinking if you lose, your save data gets erased.

Edit: Sega has confirmed on their Twitter that 3D Gunstar Heroes will indeed hit next week for the US.

jay

I am very sad that Fantasy Zone II W is not a remake of Fantasy Zone II but is instead a re-imagining of an arcade sequel to the original with terrible music. I am more sad I didn't find this out until after buying it.

Top Bottom