• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

squishy Katsuragi

tumblr_mk75zmbek41rsxn5po1_r1_500.gif

I missed the preorder window for both Estival versions on AmiAmi...

*walks out into the ocean*

But they have been listed for a LONG time! Should have jumped on it earlier :(

Got my artbooks in. Shame the seller shipped them in a crappy thin cardboadish sleeve. Most are fine but one got scuffed on the back. Not a huge deal for what I payed so I won't complain....to much.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Oh god...oh god... @.@"... I need an adult... I need an adult...!

It can go along with your chibi!

It's too bad that the banana looks to be exclusive.

Ngggg. Well, it will only be the third Katsuragi figurine I buy.

Almost tempted to wait and order it together with the Yagyu one :3

Yagyu's not due for a while. If Katsu is anything like Asuka and Ikaruga, there won't be any left by the time Yagyu rolls around.

Are there any in action poses that aren't sold out? Not a big fan of the pose in this one, looks good price/quality though

You can find discontinued figures on the secondary markets pretty often.

This PHAT one is decent and still available for global shipping:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00BIZ789C/

Josephl64

how does the after market prices look for the chara-ani senran kagura figures? I hope they're under $100 since I feel like I'll have to pass on her for now

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
how does the after market prices look for the chara-ani senran kagura figures? I hope they're under $100 since I feel like I'll have to pass on her for now

The chibi ones or these scale squishy ones?

I personally haven't seen the scales come up pre-owned very often. I think Asuka and Ikaruga have shown up very rarely on AmiAmi pre-owned (maybe once or twice) at a price higher than their pre-order price (9700 yen). They're available from some other vendors at inflated prices, but usually at vendors notorious for doing so. I don't think they end up overproducing them. I hadn't seen either Asuka or Ikaruga drop in price before selling out, but that doesn't mean they won't ramp up production for later figures.

Global shipping as in I can buy that from JP amazon? Never been able to do that before

Yes, you can. And shipping is cheaper and quicker than most places. A smaller subset of products are available for global shipping. That figure is one of them.

It can go along with your chibi!

It's too bad that the banana looks to be exclusive.

Yagyu's not due for a while. If Katsu is anything like Asuka and Ikaruga, there won't be any left by the time Yagyu rolls around.

You can find discontinued figures on the secondary markets pretty often.

This PHAT one is decent and still available for global shipping:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00BIZ789C/

An exclusive banana? I lol'ed irl just saying that outloud. What retailer has the banana?

Josephl64

The chibi ones or these scale squishy ones?

I personally haven't seen the scales come up pre-owned very often. I think Asuka and Ikaruga have shown up very rarely on AmiAmi pre-owned (maybe once or twice) at a price higher than their pre-order price (9700 yen). They're available from some other vendors at inflated prices, but usually at vendors notorious for doing so. I don't think they end up overproducing them. I hadn't seen either Asuka or Ikaruga drop in price before selling out, but that doesn't mean they won't ramp up production for later figures.

Yes, you can. And shipping is cheaper and quicker than most places. A smaller subset of products are available for global shipping. That figure is one of them.

yeah I was talking about the squishy scales...I might end up cancelling something to afford my second Katsuragi then.

I have the one where her skirts around her thighs and shes kneeling on the way and the one where shes kicking up on one leg on preorder. I might get the striped bikini one too. I keep saying that though..
and eventually it will come true.
Ill definitely get the squishy though.

I have the Kasumi where shes pulling up her stocking on the way too. I always loved that pose, waited till I found a traditional blue version to come up in the US and sniped it as soon as it was posted.

Josephl64

I have the one where her skirts around her thighs and shes kneeling on the way and the one where shes kicking up on one leg on preorder. I might get the striped bikini one too. I keep saying that though..
and eventually it will come true.
Ill definitely get the squishy though.

I have the Kasumi where shes pulling up her stocking on the way too. I always loved that pose, waited till I found a traditional blue version to come up in the US and sniped it as soon as it was posted.

Oh that's cool. For Senran Kagura the top 3 I need are Ryobi, Yomi, and an Ikaruga figure now. I just can't resist a second Katsuragi though.

SerTapTap

Oh shit they have the Bullet Soul Infinite Burst LE on discount. I'm going to lose a lot of money if lots of things have worldwide shipping. Do I get a break on shipping if I buy multiple things at once?

Anyone know why this Ikaruga fig has poor reviews?

Also I assume there's no Shiki/Yozakura figures? I like Katsu but wish they were a bit more even with who gets figures. They're like 95% Hanzo if you discount the chibis that come with the games and the rest are Homura.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Oh shit they have the Bullet Soul Infinite Burst LE on discount. I'm going to lose a lot of money if lots of things have worldwide shipping. Do I get a break on shipping if I buy multiple things at once?

Anyone know why this Ikaruga fig has poor reviews?

Also I assume there's no Shiki/Yozakura figures? I like Katsu but wish they were a bit more even with who gets figures. They're like 95% Hanzo if you discount the chibis that come with the games and the rest are Homura.

Generally you'd save on shipping with multiple figures. It won't be free, but it'll be cheaper than if shipped separately. But like I said, most things aren't available for Amazon Global.

You have to remember that figures sometimes take YEARS from announcement to release. They're painstakingly crafted/sculpted. It might just be a matter of time before Gessen or new Hebijo figures are made. There is that squishy Yumi that has just been announced and she's almost a flagship character at this point.

There are only 6 reviews for that figure. Two of them gave 1 stars for the paint job. Apparently the white can become discolored or is darkened by the black underneath? I'm just using a translation tool, so I'm not sure.

But as Ohmygoditsjrod pointed out Myfigurecollection.net is THE resource for figures and it's a good idea to go for close up pictures and reviews on there. It's seriously invaluable if you want to get into figures even a little bit. If I see a figure I'm interested in, the first thing I do is basically look up the MFC page for it.

Puruzi

Banned
New Supermodes? Neat. I like Asuka's the most though, dunno why everyone gave it a hard time in SK2. Asuka with her hair down is hot

OH MY GOD.... :l.........!

Stumbled upon Deviant Arts SFM section by accident looking for a reference picture for a hitbox. I have officially reached the end of the internet and the point of no return.

SerTapTap

Generally you'd save on shipping with multiple figures. It won't be free, but it'll be cheaper than if shipped separately. But like I said, most things aren't available for Amazon Global.

You have to remember that figures sometimes take YEARS from announcement to release. They're painstakingly crafted/sculpted. It might just be a matter of time before Gessen or new Hebijo figures are made. There is that squishy Yumi that has just been announced and she's almost a flagship character at this point.

There are only 6 reviews for that figure. Two of them gave 1 stars for the paint job. Apparently the white can become discolored or is darkened by the black underneath? I'm just using a translation tool, so I'm not sure.

But as Ohmygoditsjrod pointed out Myfigurecollection.net is THE resource for figures and it's a good idea to go for close up pictures and reviews on there. It's seriously invaluable if you want to get into figures even a little bit. If I see a figure I'm interested in, the first thing I do is basically look up the MFC page for it.

That all makes sense.

Any easy way to tell what ships internationally? I found cheap hibari and ikaruga figs too, and some games, but at checkout I found only Katsu could ship here. Even with the "english" option I really can't tell the difference between the listings.

It's called
"巨乳×限界×絵巻"
if you guys are curious...also apparently they used to sell a physical copy ver, but it's sold out everywhere

What is it? I thought it was just a screen cap from the series.

Edit: O.......M.......G........

So it seems like they cranked the temperature down in the store for the shop keeper.

Also asuka with the hair down is definitely nice. I don't like Yumi's transformation that much since her eye color looks like it changes. Her eyes are the biggest draw to her I feel.

Top Bottom