• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

ShinMaruku

Team Ninja can do asses? They do in concept art, and they improved in 3D models with Honoka (and did well in NG1) but I wouldn't consider them as a dev knowing how to do asses.
There's a lot of western devs knowing how to do asses (Rocksteady, CDProjekt, Blizzard, Ankama, Autumn Games, etc), but their problem is upper bodies, and most of the time, faces.

Look at Nyo Tengu. She has an ass. Everybody else not so much. Honoka is close but she's no Lady Kstoute.

Alfebit

Banned
Have to stay in character!
Haruka/Hikage/Ryona squishy fig when?

rFCGGFR.gif

Eolz

I had a question since I just started playing Bon Appetit:
I have the Daidoji+Rin DLC in SV, but I somehow can only play as Daidoji in BA, Rin still being locked (please buy the DLC). Does she work only when you get the DLC with the 2 schools left? Disappointing if that's the case...
Also, why the fuck is Haruka's theme last part is so hard?

Look at Nyo Tengu. She has an ass. Everybody else not so much. Honoka is close but she's no Lady Kstoute.

I agree with Nyotengu (her clothing helps tbh), but this really came in pretty late, and could still be better imo.
Would put Honoka above Nyo in terms of ass, but not overall

I'm not usually a Minori fan but boy she's been pretty funny so far in Bon Appetit.

CDJCW9ZWEAAIzUB.jpg

Ryobi has that "if she doesn't shut the fuck up right now..." face.

SerTapTap

I had a question since I just started playing Bon Appetit:
I have the Daidoji+Rin DLC in SV, but I somehow can only play as Daidoji in BA, Rin still being locked (please buy the DLC). Does she work only when you get the DLC with the 2 schools left? Disappointing if that's the case...
Also, why the fuck is Haruka's theme last part is so hard?

Because they're still tied to schools and I assume you only bought the first school pack.

SerTapTap

I tried looking before, but has anyone seen a decent price on the Ryobi/Ryona bonus poster for Estival from the Capcom shop? I only saw it once for like 3k yen + shipping, I want it but wouldn't pay more than like $20 shipped since it's tiny. IT seems far rarer than the boring posters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I find it odd that Capcom would sell Senran Kagura despite the fact they have nothing to do with the series.

.............unless we start seeing crossover outfits.

SerTapTap

It's some sort of e capcom store or something? I had never heard of it until after launch when I found they had a preorder bonus I wanted, naturally. I still have no idea what that's all about, I don't usually buy stuff directly from Japan, I go through AmiAmi when I can.

Pics_nao

I tried looking before, but has anyone seen a decent price on the Ryobi/Ryona bonus poster for Estival from the Capcom shop? I only saw it once for like 3k yen + shipping, I want it but wouldn't pay more than like $20 shipped since it's tiny. IT seems far rarer than the boring posters.
It's actually much bigger than I expected. Still a bit on the small side though. Don't have it anywhere near me but I can take a pic of it when I get home this weekend.

My Yozakura / Katsu poster is labeled an A2 I believe. It was about 12-14 inches length wise and 8-10 inches width wise. Actually pretty big. Its bigger than a standard 8.5 x 11.

SerTapTap

Hmm, Gematsu could have linked the original source at least:
http://senrankagura2.com/updates/

A lot more to read there

I should really know better than to open these at work.

Where's the best place to order the OVA now? Any goodies included beyond the OVA disk itself?

oh man. Give it to me now.

Also That Hibari figure I got on the last is up on Amiami for 2.5k ¥. That's a pretty good price if anyone was interested.

These are always gone instantly

SerTapTap

My Yozakura / Katsu poster is labeled an A2 I believe. It was about 12-14 inches length wise and 8-10 inches width wise. Actually pretty big. Its bigger than a standard 8.5 x 11.
oh, bigger than I expected. Still, not of much use if I can't actually find any to buy. Importing AND retailer exclusive, now only via third party sellers, urg. Is this what it's like to be an Amiibo fan?

SerTapTap

It was a pretty awful thread but yeah, don't like a thread stay out of it. I do wish there was an "ignore thread" feature sometimes though. Especially when some OTs have really annoying titles

I went into the thread just to see what it was about. Saw someone mention banned and SK and was like, time out. Was about to take the gloves off. Luckily it was a miscommunication.

Demoskinos

Posted once or twice in there which is probably once or twice more than I should have tbh so I'm just going to leave that one alone.

I posted way too much in there but I'm done. GAF will never have the mentality of let gamers play what they want. It always ends up being "your sick and subhuman because you like the thing." Whatevs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, soon as violence vs. sexual content was brought up, I bailed. I've seen enough of those types of threads to know what happens. I'm SO very careful on what I post, because I don't want to be seen as taking a side, even if I agree with the companies & why they do it.

The reason I didnt pick up MKX as much as I want to is because the hyper violence. An I play just about anything and everything. It just doesnt appeal to me, and ill leave it at that.

Any thread beginning with OP expressing how he has been subjected to a deep and intellectual experience which led him to a complete change of values thanks to GAF isn't really worth it anyway.

And yes, the rampant feeling of superiority over the general populace is rather... overhelming, but unsurprisingly in line with the profile of a lot of forumers (middle class, college educated, leftist & progressive).

Most of the evil in this world is done by people with good intentions.

SerTapTap

No point in participating in those threads anyway, no one's opinion changes. Even ignoring all the other problems nothing's going to change either way. I regret making the one post I did make in there.

Has anyone tried streaming (via capture card I guess) Estival Versus since Twitch apparently recanted about banning EV? I was thinking of streaming me going for the side story stuff but I'm not sure what their deal is at this point. I would only show gameplay I guess.
And probably hide a few costumes

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I don't bother with partaking in discussions about things I like, unless the user is asking what you think about said thing. Like, I don't care for, say, Mortal Kombat or Halo, but I don't feel the need or desire to go into each MK or Halo-related thread and complain about the games. I'll just let the people who do enjoy them continue to enjoy them.

I don't even understand why some people join forums centered around certain companies/games/genres/etc. if all they plan on doing is complaining about said centered theme.

Not anybody can, or even wish, to be creative - from art or fiction to constructive criticism. Hate speech is an easy way to make yourself feel superior, and is even more easy to do when you know that you belong to the moral mainstream and that you have the weight of society behind you.

ShinMaruku

Any thread beginning with OP expressing how he has been subjected to a deep and intellectual experience which led him to a complete change of values thanks to GAF isn't really worth it anyway.

And yes, the rampant feeling of superiority over the general populace is rather... overhelming, but unsurprisingly in line with the profile of a lot of forumers (middle class, college educated, leftist & progressive).

Most of the evil in this world is done by people with good intentions.
Well if you live in the US the general population does seem rather stupid. :p But I see where you are coming from. I just find it rather ironic that these people don't see the bubble they live in.

It was a pretty awful thread but yeah, don't like a thread stay out of it. I do wish there was an "ignore thread" feature sometimes though. Especially when some OTs have really annoying titles
When I see threads like that I poke in to see what's up then laugh. I don't post though. I got that self control.

I posted way too much in there but I'm done. GAF will never have the mentality of let gamers play what they want. It always ends up being "your sick and subhuman because you like the thing." Whatevs.
I won't say it's a GAF mentality but those threads tend to draw people of the same mindset that makes it look like there is a group think thing. That said the judgement of people having particular kinks always amuse me with the hypocrisy of man.

I am just always amused by some of these reactions. Just like the concept of 'social justice' I always found something off if it's people just hanging by a hash tag or on a forum. You have to do more than just that.

All that said nobody who has tried Senran Kagura can't say the game is shallow and has no good game play. Also some of the people judging have some really suspect methods of deciding if something is shallow. Ninja Gaiden is extremly perverted but I never seen somebody bring that game up in that thread.

Ayane is 14 in the game dressed in tight clothes, Rachel comes out of a demon lookin like she been dipped in oil. And it got cat demons with double ds that flop around. It's also violent as hell but I never see people talk about the bondage theme of Rachel or the fact that Ayane is 14. :p

And since Ayane is dlc I wonder if she'll have the purple under wear?

Pics_nao

My EV OVA and my New Wave art book should be here by next week. Now to find something else SK related to buy...

I don't think I'm ready for figures

Eolz

Looks like they are the OVA designs, but Hikage seems a lot more fucked up (not only the face, but body proportions too).
Guess it's for those preferring those designs...

MetalDeer

Those look kinda terrible. I'll wait for a more proper Hikage figure.

Also, I have no idea what those are made of, but Amiami says this:
The material used for this figure is brittle in nature and there is a very high probability that several parts will break or be damaged during shipping to you. We ask that you keep this in mind when buying these products and repair them yourself in the unfortunate event that they arrive in imperfect condition.

No thanks.

Top Bottom