• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

SOOOOO....

I dont know if any of your play the Hyper Dimensions games, but the new one is like a carbon copy of Senran Kagura...

-T & A bouncing confirmed.
-Costume stripping confirmed.
-Aerial combat an comboing confirmed.
-Tag-team questing confirmed.

Not far into it, but the one girl plays exactly like Ryobi and another plays like Miyabi mashed with Ikaruga. (I dont know their names, I barely play the games even though I have them all. I just like the art style.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The one for Vita? I could've sworn it was made by the same team.

...yup, just checked. Tamsoft was the developer, who made the SK games.

Chrom

SOOOOO....

I dont know if any of your play the Hyper Dimensions games, but the new one is like a carbon copy of Senran Kagura...

Not far into it, but the one girl plays exactly like Ryobi and another plays like Miyabi mashed with Ikaruga. (I dont know their names, I barely play the games even though I have them all. I just like the art style.)

Neptunia U, yeah? It certainly is, and what's interesting is that they both come from Tamsoft.

Id really like to see this put on PS4 after EV. Im not very far, maybe 45 minutes or so but it's actually pretty fun. The mobs remind me of the cutesy mobs from Ragnarok Online (my childhood in a nut shell).

I have her.
I stripped her.
I displayed her.

This man feels no shame.

vBJ215g.jpg

I'm going to leave her clothed because I like the look of her uniform.

Jawmuncher

Bon appetite is such a missed opportunity. A rhythm game for the SK girls sounds amazing. But what's here I just find pretty mundane. Even on hard I'm just kind of on auto pilot and phased out while playing. A big part seems to be the music selection which just isn't that good.

They really should have licensed some JPop or something and just ripped of Diva D in some ways. The mini stories are neat, but even just 5 songs per seems to drag.

Bon appetite is such a missed opportunity. A rhythm game for the SK girls sounds amazing. But what's here I just find pretty mundane. Even on hard I'm just kind of on auto pilot and phased out while playing. A big part seems to be the music selection which just isn't that good.

They really should have licensed some JPop or something and just ripped of Diva D in some ways. The mini stories are neat, but even just 5 songs per seems to drag.

For me it was great. I am not really into rhythm games and just wanted to collect the art and read the stories. Of course if they did what you were after I could have played on easy and hopefully gotten by. I agree though..very simplistic. To many repeats on the songs as well. For what I payed I was happy though.

SerTapTap

SOOOOO....

Not really a carbon copy, way less of one than I was expecting considering it's Tamsoft themselves making it. They did a great job of making it feel more Neptunia than I was expecting. The boob physics are even closer to Neptunia's than SK's and the art style is perfectly intact.

And I highly recommend actually playing the other Neptunia games, the humor, writing and characters are all great. You'll miss out on some of the jokes since the game assumes you're familiar with everyone and some of the running gags.

Tamsoft. The opening is actually very cool.

Neptunia always has great openings, though the lighting on the models is a bit weird in this one

Id really like to see this put on PS4 after EV. Im not very far, maybe 45 minutes or so but it's actually pretty fun. The mobs remind me of the cutesy mobs from Ragnarok Online (my childhood in a nut shell).

Yeah I couldn't get "I wish this was on PS4" out of my head when playing it. Looks about as good as could be expected on Vita, but Neptunia VII and Estival Versus remind me of how much better it could look.

The monsters are deliberately off-brand parodies of tons of famous game characters. Pac man ghosts, horsebirds, mario pipes, even visual novel characters.

This is the XSEED E3 page which lists the following

Action > Sony Playstation 4
Action > Sony Playstation Vita
Fighting / Wrestling > Sony Playstation 3
Fighting / Wrestling > Sony Playstation 4
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation 3
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation Vita

I think there is a good chance that the Action title is EV, can't really think of anything else that fits

Vylash

I think there is a good chance that the Action title is EV, can't really think of anything else that fits
that ps3 rpg has to be Sen no Kiseki, praying that the vita one is Zero or Ao but lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bit of new info.

- We should be getting a trailer on the DLC characters soon
- They're coming out in July
- A SK character will cameo for "a certain console game coming in June".
It's Natsuiro High School, isn't it?

Alfebit

Banned

An announcement this soon would make me a happy man.

MetalDeer

Someone buy this Asuka from Alter for 10k.

If she showed up next month I would have snagged it but I'm tapped out.

That is like the holy grail of figures. Unfortunately, that price is a little much for me, at the moment.
Besides, if I had that much to spend on a figure, I'd buy Kotobukiya Maou-sama~

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ayame? But the DoA chick was already.....oh wait, she's AyaNe. Ayame is the shop keeper. But YES, awesome that she's finally playable.

Also oh snap, more Purupuru finished and SUPER Purupuru.

SerTapTap

Someone buy this Asuka from Alter for 10k.

If she showed up next month I would have snagged it but I'm tapped out.

Ugh, always sold out when I find them. I wish tracking down figures wasn't ridiculously insane. Even garbage amiibos have proper tracking sites. No Fig In Stock is not remotely acceptable unless there's some sort of trick to make it not awful

Ugh, always sold out when I find them. I wish tracking down figures wasn't ridiculously insane. Even garbage amiibos have proper tracking sites. No Fig In Stock is not remotely acceptable unless there's some sort of trick to make it not awful

Ragingnight actually bought that one. Here is one on Mandarake for 11k

And fig in stock isn't great.

Hag

You can press a button to skip clothes/transform in EV, ninpo are all realtime, and there's an option to not damage clothes (puru puru finishes still result in nudity/animation though). No idea what any options in SK2 do. Loading is super fast in EV, at least on PS4. EV's platinum is also devoid of almost any grind trophies (buy all shop items is the worst, and it doesn't include the lingerie lottery). EV is basically a major improvement on everything (except the lingerie lottery which is still awful, actually kind of worse since it has less variety)

Wouldn't recommend the Vita version if you have the slightest possibility of playing it on PS4. I wouldn't mind a bomba-collection of the 3DS games ported over to PS4 come to think of it.

Thanks for all the info =)

Real time ninpo is good news! I was just hoping for an option like the multiplayer when theres cloth damage without cutscenes. Yeah I checked the trophy list and is way better than SV haha

Its gonna be a long wait for US release though...

ShinMaruku

Confusion between Ayane and Ayame is very much intended. Since her name is based off her mum's name
Who is also a ninja named Ayame with great big honkers

Isotope

I'm very excited for the DLC in the coming months. Also, I had a slight glitch playing as Homura, where this happened:

http://a.pomf.se/gounkl.webm

You can get out of it easily, but if you really wanted to, you could just stay here, racking up levels and high combos.

Top Bottom