• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

So, judging by his twitter account, Takaki is busy playing with his 'soft' figurines. The whole group.
... My God, I need to order Katsu, and to sell a kidney and track down Ikagura :O

I have exactly the same center of interest than you :D
I have Max Factory's DOA's Kasumi, never regretted that purchase !

Is that the one where she's pulling up her legging? I have that one, the Griffon one and another one. Griffon one is still sealed cause its signed by Kat Gunn and Tom Lee.

Dugna

Hey was there ever a demo for EV on PS4? I finally decided to make a Japanese PSN account and got it working, so I want to try the game out before I buy it. I've played the first one on Vita but I just want to see for myself how it's on PS4.

Vylash

awww yeah it's inuyasha time, everyone worship best girl Ayame

ayame.jpg

Once you end SK2's story and the youma mode, you're done with the game. And there is no other multiplayer available to keep things going.

It's not that it isn't also repetitive (it's a beat-em-up...that's a given); I mean that SK2 has far less stages available, they are smaller, and you often engage in the same fights with the same few enemies again and again. It's very repetitive, even for the genre. EV has more variety outside of the beginning of the story mode (which has you playing on that beach level far too many times).

The youma den is just more of the same fights, on the same single stage, against the same enemies. You're right in that the characters feel more diverse and those extra abilities are nice, but the huge amount of characters and their different play styles in the Versus games is also quite welcome. You keep mentioning "extra missions" but still haven't explained what you're talking about yet. Do you mean the DLC? Because it is largely a disappointment and also more of the same outside the shooter levels.

The youma den serves as a gauntlet to test your prowess at the game, in the same way that the Bloody Palace does for DMC. The extra missions are exactly that, additional missions available at any point of the game where you have different goals to accomplish: beat every boss without getting hit, finish all the enemies in a single combo, finish the level without jumping and so on. Those extend the replay value of the game MASSIVELY.

Also the Dual system is such a better addition over anything introduced by EV and the piss poor attempt at tag that EV has is actually really dissapointing.

The DLC on SK2 had a lot of more work on it, from the chibi characters, to the shooter mini game and even the breast slider. How succesful they were is subjective but they at least TRIED something different.

And the co-op is such a better experience than any multiplayer option brought by EV (that aren't even revolutionary, just the standard for party games)

EV's in comparison is just more of the same missions with some new lines recorded and maybe a CG. Pretty barebones and if Ayame is the template, it will ignore the DLC characters.

The huge amount of characters on the game on EV is irrelevant when there's no real motivation nor challenge to use all of them and everything can be reduced to "Use Ninpo/Frantic mode"

Unfair to say this when EV isn't done with its post-game content yet. They just announced a new 4P co-op online survival mode for patch 1.11, which is up today, for example.

SK2 had three sets of DLC that added some chibi character models (highly limited in movesets), the shooter stages (cool, but very light on content), and...a boob size slider. It's not really a lot of stuff that extends the life of the game.

Have you played Estival Versus yet? It's weird to me that you are so opposed to the game. I don't see why anyone who likes Senran Kagura would not want to play it.

Because its writing is terrible, characters keep being one-note jokes and its gameplay lacks any depth. In short, they went for quantity over quality.

Sorry AND ?

I mean you clearly are making it simpler for the sake of the arguement.
It's how the genre of this game work. It's not about beating moobs ennemies, it's how you do it ..Each character has his moveset and his own brand of fun that comes with it. With a cast like that it's how you add variety.

If EV is repetitive, then Every SK game is repetitive.

Yeah no, you might want to wait for the end of the dlc release before you spout things like that. Because just as today , you are kinda wrong ( EV 1.11 patch )
EV has a freaking huge MP component ( that actually works ) , you cannot deny the amount of playtime this actually gives you ( not to mention it's getting more rules and more modes )

Not interested on a multiplayer that is reduced to "use ninpos at the last minute" and where ranged attackers have a MASSIVE advantage over anyone else.

Not interested on a multiplayer that is reduced to "use ninpos at the last minute" and where ranged attackers have a MASSIVE advantage over anyone else.

But they just added online co-op .. I want to see you dismiss this ...

I'm ready for your escuse , especially since by your own words :
And the co-op is such a better experience than any multiplayer option brought by EV

Also i disagree ..ranged attackers still have a petty defense once you get close ..you just have to know how to.

Isotope

Hey was there ever a demo for EV on PS4? I finally decided to make a Japanese PSN account and got it working, so I want to try the game out before I buy it. I've played the first one on Vita but I just want to see for myself how it's on PS4.

There doesn't appear to have been a demo for EV on the JP PSN Store unfortunately.

SerTapTap

Don't believe there is, Demos are quite rare after all. If you want to try out your JP PSN account you can try the demos for Neptunia Victory 2 and Omega Quintet as well as the F2P games Spelunker Z and Dream Club (which is basically just a non interactive idol show with camera controls...free trophies though).

If you want to know how Estival Versus plays on PS4 just think of Shinovi Versus but 60 FPS and surprisingly good image quality and better analog control. It's largely "just" a dramatically better Shinovi Versus.

Isotope

That's a really good Homura sprite. I'm tempted to import the JP release this Winter, but XSEED claims to release it in N.A. this Winter as well. I wait with bated breath.

SerTapTap

I kinda doubt they'd end up with the JP LE but I bet we get all the digital content at least, possibly first print bonus tho. They usually just have a plain box or a "first print" style slightly larger box with goodies, a la Shinovi Versus. Doubt I'll learn anything but I'll ask their PR.

Sonico's sprite is cute but kinda weird in that game. She's a G cup. That sprite...is not.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The youma den serves as a gauntlet to test your prowess at the game, in the same way that the Bloody Palace does for DMC.

None of these games are as 'extreme' or as challenging as DMC, Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, and the like.

The extra missions are exactly that, additional missions available at any point of the game where you have different goals to accomplish: beat every boss without getting hit, finish all the enemies in a single combo, finish the level without jumping and so on. Those extend the replay value of the game MASSIVELY.

Ah, OK. Finally clarification on what you meant. These are "missions" so much as they are the equivalent of achievements/trophies. Stuff you could do in any game if you wanted to.

Also the Dual system is such a better addition over anything introduced by EV and the piss poor attempt at tag that EV has is actually really dissapointing.

Yes, it is better than the assist feature in EV. Definitely agree with you there.

The DLC on SK2 had a lot of more work on it, from the chibi characters, to the shooter mini game and even the breast slider. How succesful they were is subjective but they at least TRIED something different.

The only thing actually different, from a game play standpoint, are the shooting stages. As a shooter, it's pretty mediocre and not something I'd be going back to again and again, but it was pretty awesome getting something so different. The chibi characters are just that...chibi character models. With limited movesets and no customization. And the breast slider...is purely aesthetic (and I'm surprised this wasn't in EV, lol).

And the co-op is such a better experience than any multiplayer option brought by EV (that aren't even revolutionary, just the standard for party games)

I just played Survival online in EV last night. It was awesome. You now have both multiplayer versus and co-op available in EV. There are more options and game types available for multiplayer. It is the better experience...period.

EV's in comparison is just more of the same missions with some new lines recorded and maybe a CG.

This is literally the same thing about two of the three DLC pack levels in SK2 (the third being the shooting stages).

Pretty barebones and if Ayame is the template, it will ignore the DLC characters.

You're assuming something that nobody knows anything about yet. The DLC for EV is only just now starting to finally come out. Ayame may not have her own levels, but that doesn't mean that the other characters won't. They're also adding in more story levels regardless. They've added in a new play mode. They keep adding additional content. It's pretty satisfying to me when I have 26 hours of play time on the clock and still a bunch of stuff left to do.

The huge amount of characters on the game on EV is irrelevant when there's no real motivation nor challenge to use all of them and everything can be reduced to "Use Ninpo/Frantic mode"

You could say the same thing about SK2. Seriously, you're really failing to make any kind of real point here.

Because its writing is terrible, characters keep being one-note jokes and its gameplay lacks any depth. In short, they went for quantity over quality.

The gameplay in all these games is very similar. The characters are the same. The stories are all nonsensical. And I'm still waiting for you to answer the question on whether or not you've even played Estival Versus...because it sure seems like you haven't.

Eolz

Great cards as usual! Not a fan of Homu/Yumi, apart from the skin tone contrast, but...

Homura teasing Asuka but discovering that she likes putting her hands on Yumi too is my new fancanon.

I think it's more that Homura doesn't like Yumi getting too friendly with Asuka so she's teasing her imo.

I'm not sure if some are interested, but I've just seen that in the summer clearance sale at CDJapan (great website), SK DX pack is once again on sale at 4300Y (~35$/32€/22£) without shipping.
I know most people interested here already have it and/or are waiting for the european one, but you never know since the minifigs are nice.

Alfebit

Banned

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hmm, I'm actually debating whether or not to buy a physical copy of SK2 and not opening it. It could be a rather small print run in the US.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be fair, it's an obvious choice for a filler character. She's been set up to get a fangirl to get some revenge with since the first game

Someone already uploaded a video showing Ayame's main menu stuff (she REALLY likes Katsuragi) and game play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kUP9FAXRho
Lol That Lv 3 Super with the shop ...EXCELLENT

All the pairings for the Dual Heart stories

http://imgur.com/dNQHZiA

Those are only a mission with no ending CG. So much for a substantial DLC

Ignore the context, the current price and the fact that the Dlc releases is not done , just to troll since his "facts" didn't resonate with anyone.

LOL

SerTapTap

....or "Iris" according to Google Translate.

I'm so glad PS4 means I don't have to fish through the store itself looking for Japanese DLC.

And google translate is funny some times. It always translates "RAM" as "lamb" when I'm looking up Neptunia stuff

Welp I set up a Japanese account. Bought Ayame :3

So all I need to do is log into the account on my PS4 and download it and it should be usable on my NA account when I play my import copy right?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Correct. It just won't work if you get an US copy of the game (DLC isn't cross-region). You'll have to rebuy her, but yes, otherwise it should work on your JP copy of the PS4 version because of the multiple accounts.

Top Bottom