• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus |OT| Life Returns to Vita

Jawmuncher

Has anyone else tried playing this on a Playstation TV with a Dualshock 4?
Is using the touch pad for touch screen acting odd for anyone else?
I can do one click and that it. Have to take my finger off and then put it back on to get another click. While if I press L3 or R3 I can click all day.

As in using touchpad only one click registers.
using L3 or R3 all clicks registers.

My copy doesn't arrive until tomorrow/thursday, but I just tried my JPN copy on my new PSTV, on a 56 inch TV....

JmBkN.gif

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I have't been paying attention, but is there some kind of issue with Amazon shipping the Limited Edition physical version?

I got the email saying that mine will arrive by Thursday, but no reason was given. I'd be more annoyed at not being able to play the game until Thursday if I didn't have so much shit to play already, not to mention I'm doing OT for the next three days, and then Saturday, so it's not like I'd have time to play it anyway. I'm still trying to beat Shadow of Mordor, and squeezing in time to play Diablo 3 with my wife, and Destiny with my friends (not to mention all the Vita games I have, and Smash Bros on the 3DS...). Too many games, not enough time

Hugstable

Banned
I have't been paying attention, but is there some kind of issue with Amazon shipping the Limited Edition physical version?

I got the email saying that mine will arrive by Thursday, but no reason was given. I'd be more annoyed at not being able to play the game until Thursday if I didn't have so much shit to play already, not to mention I'm doing OT for the next three days, and then Saturday, so it's not like I'd have time to play it anyway. I'm still trying to beat Shadow of Mordor, and squeezing in time to play Diablo 3 with my wife, and Destiny with my friends (not to mention all the Vita games I have, and Smash Bros on the 3DS...). Too many games, not enough time

I think they might have just got them late or something. Mine already shipped and am supposed to get it tomorrow from what I've seen, and I heard others got their delivery pushed up to tomorrow instead of Thursday. I rarely go through Amazon for games so I don't know if this is the norm or if they usually get Release Day Delivery down pretty good.

So that is the best way to play huh? All those lives on bigger screen...obamanotbad.
Tom said next week for the update on PSTV right?

Some people earlier in the thread said it was working for the US version out of the box.

Even my wife was pretty impressed with how nice the game looked and said "Now I know why you got a PSTV!" But she likes the game and the series and will try it out on her Vita when she goes on her business trips, so that's why I got the Physical Copy.

I find it fairly easy to jump and dash out of juggles, but I'm no high-level player. There's a block / parry system IIRC, but I never figured it out.

Ya the blocking doesn't seem to do much or I am not doing it at the right time. The dash does help though.

Didn't expect to play through 4 or 5 fights in a row doing Asuka's side story mission. Time to try a regular one.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Despite being the "new school," I'd say the only real answer to this is "not Gessen."

Gessen's story is the weakest of the four IMHO. Crimson Squad's is the strongest, but you need to unlock them before you can play them. Of the three factions available from the start, I prefer Hanzo, but Hebijo is also quite good, especially if you like really dark narratives.

-Tom

I chose Hanzo. The cursor is naturally on Gessen by default at first, so it threw me off.

Alfebit

Banned
Despite being the "new school," I'd say the only real answer to this is "not Gessen."

Gessen's story is the weakest of the four IMHO. Crimson Squad's is the strongest, but you need to unlock them before you can play them. Of the three factions available from the start, I prefer Hanzo, but Hebijo is also quite good, especially if you like really dark narratives.

-Tom

Alright, I'll go with Hanzo. Thanks!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Do you actually shake the vita for this?
Guessing this is another thing you can't mess with on Playstation TV?
Or does six axis register on there?
Nah, just press X & it does it automatically.

I just did 100z each & got 27 new pairs in a row.

Kinda surprised we haven't gotten more flak here honestly. Although I imagine the Mods have maybe gotten a PM or two. Even though we really haven't done anything.

The import thread was quite fine too .
People coming to bother us when we clearly put warnings would just met with a ban-hammer anyway, so we're fine.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I think they might have just got them late or something. Mine already shipped and am supposed to get it tomorrow from what I've seen, and I heard others got their delivery pushed up to tomorrow instead of Thursday. I rarely go through Amazon for games so I don't know if this is the norm or if they usually get Release Day Delivery down pretty good.

Ah, I see! Thanks for the info!

Is there a check or DLC that will delete this game from my Vita if I would pass away before my family/child/wife would find it.

Really need to know before buying.

Ramune

Picked up my copy from GameStop this afternoon! Can't wait to play so I can understand what the heck is going on this time around! And I impulse bought a Playstation TV along with it. All together there were 3 copies, 2 were reserved and 1 extra. The guy couldn't pronounce the name if his life depended on it (pun not intended).
"Senren Kagora"
XD

Hey Tom, if you're still around...

Does the Wednesday EU release include UK/Ireland, or is it one of those unspoken 'wait till Friday' jobbies?

Also, any plans to release the OST in any form, so us Europeans can get hold of it somehow without importing the LE of the game?

What happened in the JP version was that...they added a special button to the game's splash page a few months later, where your taken to a special PSN link to download an app that loads the OST onto your memory card; kind of like some of Sony's games. Must be only for those that bought the game because hitting the link in the activities section doesn't bring up anything on the actual PSN store.

Zephyx

Wow, this game is already out. Planning to get it since I haven't bought anything after DR2 but still hesitating. Need more impressions about the repetitiveness since I'm debating myself whether I should get this or Disgaea 4. :)

My Amazon order has been stuck on shipping now for the past 4 hours. :/

It still says it should arrive by Thursday but I'm having doubts.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Starting to see why loading times were a common complaint in the JPN version. Haven't minded them too much since I quick look at my laptop, but yeah, can take a while to load, which is kind of annoying when trying to do missions.

Is this subtitled only?
Yes.

bobawesome

Imouto

Banned
The beautiful thing of knowing my order won't ship until later is I could be sitting here chilling and watching people get worked up about shipping order :p.

Well, Asia PS+ members got Dekamori themes for PS3...

For once in my life I think Asia PS+ has something superior than other region.

I bought one of the avatars on PSN and it isn't showing up when I go to change it....never bought one before. Do you have to go somewhere special?

bobawesome

I bought one of the avatars on PSN and it isn't showing up when I go to change it....never bought one before. Do you have to go somewhere special?

I could be wrong but I don't believe you can change premium avatars through the Vita. I've always done it through the PS3.

Top Bottom