• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus |OT| Life Returns to Vita

Imouto

Banned
Well that's....interesting. I only played Hanzo, so I really didn't read anything that'd seem like it was worth removing. But keeping the actual dialogue still strikes me as odd. It's like with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle where the name of a stand or person was changed (i.e like "Aerosmith" to "L'il Bomber") but the voices were kept the same so they STILL SAID THE ORIGINAL, CORRECT NAMES.

Hell, speaking of which, why not change the subtitles, then? Sure, it's lying, but at least people would have a jest of what's being said.

They don't want other to jump on them for "bad translation", I guess. It's not like there are no one could understand Japanese and still play the Eng version.

Corgi

Banned
yeah can't seem to figure out how to turn on hard mode for character stories. have to run around boss fights for all the dialogue to play out before i hit kill them :(

How do you do the L+O Ninja Art?

I have had 5 scrolls and had the enemy at only a sliver of life multiple times and I can't seem to get it to go.

yeah can't seem to figure out how to turn on hard mode for character stories. have to run around boss fights for all the dialogue to play out before i hit kill them :(

I really want to read it but ya to busy fighting...wish there was a recap of all the text after or somewhere

Pics_nao

Malick[AI];134774413 said:

I have had 5 scrolls and had the enemy at only a sliver of life multiple times and I can't seem to get it to go.

Your character's needs to have 20% of their HP remaining (health bar is glowing red)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Did you beat Chapter 4? You get them when you each character beats their mission from Ch. 4. & your life has to be in the red, so you might need to do a couple of "bursts" by pressing down on the D-pad.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

I probably shouldn't answer since I can't remember exactly, but IIRC you have to progress to a certain point in the story first (chapter 3 for each school?).

EDIT: Chapter 4, courtesy of Zonic!

Reknoc

This game is like the missing link between musou and regular beat em up that i'm kinda struggling with controls. Keep transforming by accident because I'm trying to use L to block and recentre the camera. Keep trying to do Ninja moves with R as well but not really sure why.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This game is like the missing link between musou and regular beat em up that i'm kinda struggling with controls. Keep transforming by accident because I'm trying to use L to block and recentre the camera. Keep trying to do Ninja moves with R as well but not really sure why.
I had this happen to me a few times as well. I think it took me a while because I was used to L being used for the camera for some games.

Ventara

Got my copies today, and damn, they're both damaged. Both have one corner crushed, and one has a dent. Why does BB ship these in a bubble mailer? Currently debating returning one for a better copy.

Got my copies today, and damn, they're both damaged. Both have one corner crushed, and one has a dent. Why does BB ship these in a bubble mailer? Currently debating returning one for a better copy.

Same here but you have to return to store and then order it online again lol. They will just do the same thing. Maybe Ill just pick up one off Amazon or Gamestop. I dont mind have three copies lol

Jathaine

Haven't been able to play the game yet but does anyone have any examples of dressing room phrases?

Bz_kxhHCUAAkGuS.jpg:large

Ventara

Same here but you have to return to store and then order it online again lol. They will just do the same thing. Maybe Ill just pick up one off Amazon or Gamestop. I dont mind have three copies lol

Oh man, I don't want to return this in person. Maybe I can ask my sister to do it. Lol, j/k. I'll probably just keep them. The damage isn't too bad. It's just that I wanted a mint copy for my collection, which is why I bought 2 copies in the first place. I wonder if I should pull a switcharoo with EB.

Mailbox

Love the game but the dialog sometimes lol....

Not really a spoiler but...
I am tired of being told I am terrible or they are not fighting to the full ability when I take on 3 people at once and they are all basically nude by the end and I am still fully clothed

Not really a spoiler response but...
yeah, that's the one thing I'm not liking about the story so far. Every single damn battle. "I was going easy on you! You really suck". Bullshit.

One or 2 characters saying this is one thing, but every fight? Ugh

Jathaine

I've only gone through the Gessen and Hebijo stories. I didn't really remember there being much of that.
Is that something for the Hanzo storyline?

Is there going to be a non LE retail version of this game? I'm late to the party and I want a physical copy but I don't care about any of the extras and I'd rather not pay $50.

ShinMaruku

Not sure if there will be a $40 one, but I hope there is. Although I got mine for $20 (Discounts ftw) the whole package was was the $50 to me.

I finally got to really sit down with it today. Damn this game is fun. Hours just melt away.

I'm surprised by how similar SKSV is to SKB on the 3DS. The combat and tactics feel kind of the same, just in 3D now. Even some of the same exploits work. Cheesing everything by dash canceling still works like a charm (in lower levels). It almost feels like across between a Musou title and maybe Ninja Gaiden now that I have control of the camera.

I started off with the Gessen school since they're new and weren't in Burst. <3 Yumi and Murakumo. Murakumo's charge and dive moves are so satisfying.

Anyway, back to the game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess I'll finish up the Hanzo final missions while waiting for Project Diva f to finish downloading.

....this game would've fit right in with the Heroine flash sale if it wasn't released just this week.

Ogawa-san

Cleared almost all of Hanzo's missions on hard, and only then realized there's no reason to play on hard other than the challenge. Exp is the same, there isn't a trophy for it and it seems there aren't unlockables that depend on it either, unlike Burst.

And even if exp was higher, the cap is only 50 and I've hit it just by going through character missions twice and story once.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Haha, I love the panty lottery. It was an unexpected surprise but one of my favorite parts of the game.

edit: Wait, what happened to Imouto?
Kind of wish it would go by faster once you're down to the final ones that you needed since you could tell "crap, it's this tier, gotta watch the animation to show I got a repeat", but at the very least it was enjoyably silly at first.

& yeah, was wondering what happened to him. The only thing that comes to mind is that thread about Samus & Peach in SK.

rObit

Banned
Kind of wish it would go by faster once you're down to the final ones that you needed since you could tell "crap, it's this tier, gotta watch the animation to show I got a repeat", but at the very least it was enjoyably silly at first.

Yeah. I only have one left. To get the last 5 or so I've just been sitting there hitting x on my Vita in one hand and browsing NeoGAF on my laptop. It feels stupid, but I mean come on I only have one left it's not like I'm gonna stop now.

bobawesome

& yeah, was wondering what happened to him. The only thing that comes to mind is that thread about Samus & Peach in SK.

You're probably right. Still, nothing about his posts in the thread really stood out to me. Pretty ridiculous that some people here are such prudes.

Mailbox

Imouto's banning has me a bit scared for everyone in this thread... and me.

I dressed Katsuragi in somewhat delinquent-like clothing, which works surprisingly well especially considering her fighting style. The customization in this game (specifically the accessories) is quite nice.

jwk94

Imouto's banning has me a bit scared for everyone in this thread... and me.

I dressed Katsuragi in somewhat delinquent-like clothing, which works surprisingly well especially considering her fighting style. The customization in this game (specifically the accessories) is quite nice.
What happened?

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Can someone explain finishing off bosses with ninpo attacks / stripping? Seems sometimes it works.

Luigi87

Can someone explain finishing off bosses with ninpo attacks / stripping? Seems sometimes it works.

Essentially you need to have them stripped down to their their complete underwear during combat (either bra or panties) and then do the Ninpo attack to finish them (L+Square for lower, L+Triangle for upper) to fully strip as a finish.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I found the best method is doing some square attacks, then launching them in the air in order to shred both the top & bottom at the same time.

Also, once you learn the 3rd Ninpo attack (L + O), it gets rid of both at the same time if their clothes are gone.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I found the best method is doing some square attacks, then launching them in the air in order to shred both the top & bottom at the same time.

Also, once you learn the 3rd Ninpo attack (L + O), it gets rid of both at the same time if their clothes are gone.

Does attacking them in the air effect which part comes off faster?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Does attacking them in the air effect which part comes off faster?
I..don't THINK so? If I'm able to connect into another air combo while in my transformed state, it actually attacks both areas again.

Really, the only time I'd only shred one part of the body instead of two was using the special attacks.

Corgi

Banned
kinda wish the scoring was more skilled based. I mean it technically is... but stages are a joke when you over level and just go naked and spam your way through everything.

Jathaine

I hope Imouto wasn't banned because of that thread. I feel guilty since I was the one who posted the link to it.

I'm almost certain it was, sadly. I'm pretty sure its the part where he was challenging the idea that these kinds of games are wrong because the characters are fictional.

Honestly not surprising. If some the girls in SK were a year younger, we wouldn't be able to have this thread.

kinda wish the scoring was more skilled based. I mean it technically is... but stages are a joke when you over level and just go naked and spam your way through everything.

Well, you really don't have to do that. I've A ranked some stages on first try by challenging myself enough to get decent at parrying. Each parry gives you a ninja art scroll and of course you don't take damage. You can get very fast clears by parrying and using ninja arts. It just takes a lot more skillful play than going frantic. Its up to you how you want to do it though.

No one can blame you for going for the first order optimal strategy though, its there.

Top Bottom