• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus |OT| Life Returns to Vita

Zhao_Yun

Added the DLC to the OP. Will do my best to stay with it till all is released stateside. If any EU GAFfers would hook me up, I'll happily add the EU prices, as all the links/prices currently up are US.

Costume Set 1 (£3.69/€4.49/$6.75)
Japanese Dress (£1.29/€1.59/$2.45)
Gym Clothes (£1.29/€1.59/$2.45)
School Swimsuit (£1.29/€1.59/$2.45)
Uniform & Swimsuit (£1.29/€1.59/$2.45)
Uniform & Thigh Highs (£1.29/€1.59/$2.45)

kiryogi

Banned
Considering Versus' battle system is like 100x better than Burst for me I seriously doubt the 2D games' ability to ever be enjoyable without a complete redo. I got more tired of Burst in 2 chapters than I have in 5 days of Versus and 3 and a half story modes down. Fighting "normal" enemies in that game is a complete mindless chore and that's almost every single level from what I played. The "mostly boss fights" thing in Versus is so much better even without the much improved battle system.

SK2 combat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SKV. And actually the modeling and textures in SK2 > SKV as well, believe it or not. SK2 is basically a complete redo.

partime

It looks like, if I'm not mistaken, you don't need solid A's to get Platinum.

How do you access Frantic mode again? Why would you use it?

Also, are you suppose to access freely/frantic when beginning levels, or do you guys wait until boss fights? I keep getting D's and it's pissing me off!

Also, are you suppose to access freely/frantic when beginning levels, or do you guys wait until boss fights? I keep getting D's and it's pissing me off!

R+Triangle and then either fondle the screen or press Triangle again.
You use it because it massively increases your damage (out and in) and speeds up the levels if you can survive bosses (people who cause status effects are lethal to you in frantic)

pariah164

Costume Set 1 (£3.69/€4.49/$6.75)
Japanese Dress (£1.29/€1.59/$2.45)
Gym Clothes (£1.29/€1.59/$2.45)
School Swimsuit (£1.29/€1.59/$2.45)
Uniform & Swimsuit (£1.29/€1.59/$2.45)
Uniform & Thigh Highs (£1.29/€1.59/$2.45)

$2.45? Whose price is that?

Finished Hanzo storyline (I've restarted playing MHFU... big error lol), absolutely great translation ! I've forgotten how fun that game is and how powerful you feel once you begin to unlock some levels :D
I will probably try to get the platinium.

SK2 combat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SKV. And actually the modeling and textures in SK2 > SKV as well, believe it or not. SK2 is basically a complete redo.

While I love the 'stance' system they added in SK2 (and the game engine felt much more polished than Burst overall), I regret that they reduced the number of foes simultaneously on screen; fighting legions of ennemies is what make the franchise so much fun.

SerTapTap

Frantic mode is great, since discovering it I've played most of the game in it. Certain bosses are extremely annoying in frantic mode, anyone that can paralyze/freeze just use shinobi mode instead.

Corgi

Banned
wish i can set the game on hard by default. too many times ive accidentally started a mission on normal, and with how long loading times take... shit.

SerTapTap

I wanna know this as well. The text when a character is introduced looks so damn compressed, yet when the "Start!" appears, it looks completely fine.

I've noticed this, some stuff is'nt the proper res at all. Non-stock Lingerie and the character intros are the worst that I've noticed. Probably just cutting corners or the original image was meant to display smaller (I doubt it though--the character intros aren't super-huge). Hoping it's not an issue on the PS4 game, no excuses for extra compression/lower res assets on a 50GB disk.

pariah164

Screw it; enough sitting and waiting for these games to drop price, time to support them so we maybe see more localized. Bought
Which one?

Also, finally got the looks of all the girls finalized. Uploading now and will link because I do want to show them off.

m@cross

Which one?

Also, finally got the looks of all the girls finalized. Uploading now and will link because I do want to show them off.

Shinovi

Watched a half hour vid a guy did of the game on youtube; looks like dynasty warriors with a ton of extra stuff mixed in and a fun setting.

Now which to start with... think I'll go with Hebijo

JJP12

I haven't posted in here but I'd really like to say thanks to everyone in this thread. This game was never on my radar but the op and all the discussion here got me to give this game a chance. And since the ups guy dropped this off at my door last week,
in bubble wrap and damaged of course
I've been enjoying the hell out of it! The fighting is just too fun and I haven't been able to put it down. It's my crack now lol and definitely one of the best games I've played on vita.

Oh and so I basically tapped x for the entirety of American Horror Story tonight and got 98/98 on the Panty Lottery but no trophy popped. I look up the list online and apparently this isn't even required for the platinum trophy lol fml

pariah164

Okay, I have done all the Shinobi Girls' Heart stories and all the main story missions, and I seem to be missing three music tracks. What gives?

HIR0

Received my copy today.
Thankfully, no damage to the packaging despite being thinly bubble wrapped shipped in an envelope half way across the globe.
Very pretty packaging.
Thank you Xseed :]

Random Gessen girls pics.

yuWjCH3.jpg

fki7mnl.jpg

0SL3YtC.jpg

kaiyo

Sweet. I just hope the second one isn't damaged. They used to ship games in cardboard boxes now it's just bubble envelope. I should get it on the 23rd.

No damage on the replacement order. And looks like I have to return the other copy.

Stayed up way too fucking late thinking I was grabbing my plat only to find the total horseshit that is final battle. Does your character level count in this? Neither character has had any extra work put in them and the result is I literally can't touch whoever I'm fighting once they transform.

I don't want to grind levels if there is no point but this is fucking ridiculous. GameFAQs seems to basically recommend cheesing the fight, although I'm finding even that impossible.

Edit: With that outburst out of the way, plat get. But fuck that fight for real.

Ogawa-san

Last fight is bullshit because they can combo you through your combo. I've no idea how to do it without cheesing... I did it by doing 3-hit combos over and over and parrying for gauges.

I maxed it out with asuka and I get them in the air, chase and combo but I only knock them to the ground
I got it with Asuka as well. Are you sure you're in flash, the untransformed style? Also, it's the straight weak attack combo, strong will send you back to the ground.

m@cross

OK.. so this game is fun. It isn't revolutionary or better than a 7.. maybe 8 (if you are a fan of the anime) out of 10, but it is simply fun. The whole clothes thing is cool, but it adds to the game more than is the game.

I started with Hebijo (team evil I think, unless the other teams are also evil), lead by butch girl and her admirer. Did both their stories and some of the main game, just unlocked the shut in who I hate so far because of her zero range heavy.

• Do the tutorial; don't be like me and not know how to do frantic or ninja arts until you finish 6+ missions ;p
  • Camera sucks, but with lock on, it is workable.
  • Censorship is funny, though somewhat detracts from even having it happen. Does the Japanese original have censorship also?
  • Lottery seems somewhat pointless. I got climactic from 100 coins; seems I can unlock them all at 100 coins per, no point spending more unless I want higher rated stuff earlier?
  • Also no idea what they even mean by the different ratings; I have seen "meh" stuff that is lewd compared to "super sexy" stuff that looks like my grand-ma would wear.
  • Load screens.. yah ok they have em, but they honestly are not that bad.
  • Music you can buy; annoying it can't be set to be music for the game while you are playing or at least in the 'lobby' area.

Probably obvious I am not familiar with the anime from my comments, but good to see it can be fun even if you are not. I am grabbing a torrent of a couple shows to see if I like it.

Overall I'd say it is worth the purchase price, just wish they had a physical for the same price as the digital. If $40 is not a lot of money for you, go for it. If it means you can't buy anything else this month, maybe wait for a price drop.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes, the censorship is completely the same as the JPN version. Though it seems like the censors & lights cover MORE than certain lingerie.

Last fight is bullshit because they can combo you through your combo. I've no idea how to do it without cheesing... I did it by doing 3-hit combos over and over and parrying for gauges.
Respect, man. I cheesed it on
Asuka
fuh shuh. There was no question of legit combos of any length.
Breach art spam, which took me a few attempts to get the timing right. Parrying for Crimson Homura was much less painful but even that got a bit dicey.

Maybe if you go in with level 50 characters you actually stand a chance at a real fight.

SerTapTap

You guys use lock-on? Maybe it's because I play on Vita TV (it's the up button) but I find it's usually more trouble than it's worth unless there's one of those annoying "ring around the rosie" enemies left and my character doesnt' have good ranged attacks to catch 'em

Yes, the censorship is completely the same as the JPN version. Though it seems like the censors & lights cover MORE than certain lingerie.

If anything I think the US is lighter on censorship. God of War has nipples, even Gal Gun doesn't go there.

And yeah it's pretty funny that the censors can be more covering than some other things

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Lock-on has limited usefulness. It's really only good against bosses to keep track of their movements.

Otherwise, tapping the block button to recenter the camera (you can do this mid-combo) is the best way to manipulate it. Think Ninja Gaiden.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I only use the lock-on when it's a boss fight & they're the only character on screen. If there's a group of enemies, I take them out first.

Top Bottom