• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus |OT| Wrap your Hometown in Happy Boobs

Torraz

I need to play this mooooore today.

You can play it on your US account, but I don't believe there is any way to bring your save over to your JP account. You'll probably have to play through it again... I'd love to be wrong.

Yes! I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you buy that, you will get an email with the code, yes. It could be a little cheaper here, though. And keep in mind that if you buy it on PSN, you can only use it on that account!

Senran Kagura is, I believe, 5980 yen on PSN.

Odd.

I bought a used vita game in japan and it told me that this deactivated the trophies, but I could simply use the save files.

One more question:

Will I be able to get the patch on a non JP account?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Odd.

I bought a used vita game in japan and it told me that this deactivated the trophies, but I could simply use the save files.

The same thing happened to me when I initially played games on my Japanese account and switched to my American account once the Vita came out in the States. I was able to keep using the same save data for multiple games.

Although this was before two memory cards were required for account switching.

Will I be able to get the patch on a non JP account?

AFAIK, yes.

Lyte Edge

This may be ecchi-moe musou, but Senran Kagura is so damn fun! I can't stop playing it...and I am still playing it at work when there's downtime. It's easy enough to skip most of the naughty stuff in-game, lol.

I can't believe some of the undergarments they put into this game...strapless thongs? Seriously? It's like this game is skirting right on the edge of getting an adults-only rating, lol. Hard to believe it didn't get a Z rating.

If you finish the boss with Lv.2 Ninpo it'll rip her bra off.
Those face icons are for censoring purpose.

You can also finish them and rip off their panties, too. o_O The game censors the bottom area with anime-style white censor bars.

Nu1U5wp.jpg

And for the most discerning collectors

wheres my 99 & 100!!!!

Already ?
Well some people are fast.
Did you have any trouble to reach that point ?
Any grind ?

The game INCREDIBLY easy.

I dont see anyone having any problems completing the game.

Full Walkthrough below:
Press square

As for plat grinding there was a few
Yin,Yang,Shadow max (believe those names)
Im not sure if lottery is needed for buy all but it can take a couple hours I did it while watching TV but money is not a problem at all.
100 parry blocks was my last trophy cause I didnt block the entire game.
After completion i was just shy of xp 10,000,000 and 10,000 kills but that only took a few extra rounds

its a great game.
It is incredibly easy but sometimes all you wanna do is spam a button and destroy shit without thinking and this does that in spades along with alot of eyecandy along the way.
I realy wish there was some sorta boss rush or survivor mode :(

nmanma

This game is looking great, will be one of the first games I import once I learn Japanese, unless it gets localized in the meantime lol :(

On other news: Haha apparently people found a trick to get upskirts in the gallery mode

http://animestop.info/senran-kagura-shinovi-perfect-upskirts/ (mildly nsfw I guess? It's just upskirts)

(Found this originally on sankaku but I don't know if I'm allowed to post links to that site here)

Lyte Edge

Full Walkthrough below:
Press square

As for plat grinding there was a few
Yin,Yang,Shadow max (believe those names)
Im not sure if lottery is needed for buy all but it can take a couple hours I did it while watching TV but money is not a problem at all.
100 parry blocks was my last trophy cause I didnt block the entire game.
After completion i was just shy of xp 10,000,000 and 10,000 kills but that only took a few extra rounds

its a great game.
It is incredibly easy but sometimes all you wanna do is spam a button and destroy shit without thinking and this does that in spades along with alot of eyecandy along the way.

Did you play the more difficult versions of all the stages too?

Full Walkthrough below:
Press square
Thanks for the laugh
its a great game.

i agree ..still it's their first game so i guess that will be for later

Lyte Edge

i agree ..still it's their first game so i guess that will be for later

It's their third game.

Does anyone know if the team behind this game series also worked on the Ikkitousen PSP games? There are some noticeable similarities.

Same with the people behind Oneechanbara...that's what came to mind as soon as the Tamsoft logo popped up.

crinale

It's their third game.

Does anyone know if the team behind this game series also worked on the Ikkitousen PSP games? There are some noticeable similarities.

Same with the people behind Oneechanbara...that's what came to mind as soon as the Tamsoft logo popped up.

I heard those are done by pretty much the same team.

It's their third game.

i mean their first vita game.

This game is looking great, will be one of the first games I import once I learn Japanese, unless it gets localized in the meantime lol :(

On other news: Haha apparently people found a trick to get upskirts in the gallery mode

http://animestop.info/senran-kagura-shinovi-perfect-upskirts/ (mildly nsfw I guess? It's just upskirts)

(Found this originally on sankaku but I don't know if I'm allowed to post links to that site here)

Thanks for the link lol.

Wtf at them pulling the game off PS Store because of the lack of boobs lol.

Senran Kagura has also perhaps made PlayStation Store history by being the first title to withdraw a product for not showing enough boobs – according to their official announcement:

Yesterday two of our icon packs were withdrawn from sale on the PlayStation Store.

The reason for this is that “you can’t see their boobs in the avatar icons.”

You could see their boobs in the product thumbnails, but the actual data consisted of close-ups of their faces. This difference is not acceptable, so we are replacing the data.

They have promised a free update to rectify this deplorable state affairs, making the avatars show breasts instead of faces as they should have.

Senran Kagura has also perhaps made PlayStation Store history by being the first title to withdraw a product for not showing enough boobs – according to their official announcement:

Yesterday two of our icon packs were withdrawn from sale on the PlayStation Store.

You could see their boobs in the product thumbnails, but the actual data consisted of close-ups of their faces. This difference is not acceptable, so we are replacing the data.

They have promised a free update to rectify this deplorable state affairs, making the avatars show breasts instead of faces as they should have.
WHAT

Did you play the more difficult versions of all the stages too?

yes. after completion I used hard for grinding xp and a lil fun...Still very easy.
I did stop my NGS+ playthrough to do this so my hackslash skills were pretty honed. now im back and the senran effect is showing...im getting destroyed

wtf...Japan gets avatars?....Id kill for one to use on my US account

mao2

Product page above, and the actual avatar icon below. Credits goes to the victim who posted this on 2ch. It's good that MarvelousAQL acknowledged the problem and are rectifying it.

dreamfall

So I got back after somebody signed for the FedEx delivery.

4 hours later, I'm wondering what happened! The customization is really insane- so many things to unlock! Goodness, I really do wish the dialogue would be translated- some of the Story Mission intros would've been neat.

Fighting feels frantic/ a bit on the easy side. It's like a Musou game in terms of hack/slash but with clothes ripping off. And amazing special moves. I'm really enjoying just walking about the Ninja rooms, interacting with other characters, and not understanding anything!

Ye5RFuR.jpg

OxzGOhT.jpg

Product page above, and the actual avatar icon below. Credits goes to the victim who posted this on 2ch. It's good that MarvelousAQL acknowledged the problem and are rectifying it.

Mao , it's nice to post pictures but please quote them next time.i's much better for anyone else to read

So I got back after somebody signed for the FedEx delivery.

4 hours later, I'm wondering what happened! The customization is really insane- so many things to unlock! Goodness, I really do wish the dialogue would be translated- some of the Story Mission intros would've been neat.

Fighting feels frantic/ a bit on the easy side. It's like a Musou game in terms of hack/slash but with clothes ripping off. And amazing special moves. I'm really enjoying just walking about the Ninja rooms, interacting with other characters, and not understanding anything!

Yep the first feelign you get is that you spend good money because of the thing that you can do and get/unlock from the start.
The ninja rooms are small but it's much better than a menu

Thanks for the link lol.

That's amazing. Also, is everyone pretty much paying the same to import - around 80$? I really want the game but dunno if I want to pay that much @_@

Also, about the avatars - usually EU or JP gets avatars that I really want - case in point with the Sonic avatars... EU gets the awesome one with no background, US gets the ones with a BG. Now Japan gets those amazing SK avatars...

BigbossSalute.gif

kiyomi

That's amazing. Also, is everyone pretty much paying the same to import - around 80$? I really want the game but dunno if I want to pay that much @_@

Also, about the avatars - usually EU or JP gets avatars that I really want - case in point with the Sonic avatars... EU gets the awesome one with no background, US gets the ones with a BG. Now Japan gets those amazing SK avatars...

If it's any consolation, I was in the same predicament as you until I finally gave in five minutes ago. Join me! The game looks like a lot of fun. I just need to decide now which account to play it on. And it is a lot, but I'm guessing it'll have some decent resale value out West if you happen to hate it.

Edit : Eep, just got my confirmation email. My first import from Japan! Although I don't think it will head out until Monday. :((

Who lied to me ?

this was supposed to be a walk in the park ..and while the game is quite easy , there are definitly some "light" difficulty spikes here and there ...

Varshes

I got my Nyu Nyu pack and preorder bonus today! So I'm new to the franchise and I've been playing and getting a bad rating after every level. What's the key to getting a higher rating? Higher combos? Taking less damage? How fast you clear it? I just did one where I took almost no damage and still got a terrible rating.

Who lied to me ?

this was supposed to be a walk in the park ..and while the game is quite easy , there are definitly some "light" difficulty spikes here and there ...

get your square game up

I got my Nyu Nyu pack and preorder bonus today! So I'm new to the franchise and I've been playing and getting a bad rating after every level. What's the key to getting a higher rating? Higher combos? Taking less damage? How fast you clear it? I just did one where I took almost no damage and still got a terrible rating.

mostly speed i believe. By 3-1 youll probably be ripping through them.

im gnna go out on a limb here (not really i pretty much know the answer) but guess I cant get the new characters somehow without a Japan/HK account eh.

This region free is really bad and a pain in my ass

Lyte Edge

Who lied to me ?

I found some of the intial character-specific levels a little difficult at first, but then I started leveling up and it's all been pretty easy so far. I have so many scrolls available for some of the characters that I can literally just hit opponents with 4-5 supers in a row and kill them easily, lol.

I almost never do the clothing burst power-up, however, so that stat is almost nothing for everyone. Need to grind that up.

I'm still amazed that some people have already beaten this game up and down- I'm still on the first school and set of characters!

crinale

Who lied to me ?

There are couple of base knowledge common in Musou type of games to help you. Along with them let me write down some "tips" since i felt the same way until I understood the formula of this game.

- When your defense is way higher than opponent's attack power, your move won't be knocked off by opponent's attack ("super armor" mode), so it would be easy to combo your enemy.
- The exact opposite applies to the case when you are underleveled. You just can't knock off opponent while enemy can combo you to your defeat. Note that in Ninja form both offense and defense will go up considerably.
- Hikage and Miyabi have special ability to stay "super armor" mode while in air so be extremely careful going against them
(and final bosses of this game also have it).
- Lv. 1 Ninpo will make you invincible while it is active, except for higher level Ninpo. If you can't avoid opponent's Ninpo then you can just try to override it with higher level one.

Hey guys i'm not have trouble with this game.

a light difficulty spike is nothing to worry about and i can read japanese . fruthermore i'm a warrior orochi ( musou ) player .

I'm fine guys really.. no i'm not having trouble with the game.

Guess i was angry when the computer tried to give me 3 LV2 super in a row ( and almost unable to escape ) But seriously i'm fine. i was just careless

Top Bottom