• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Jamie OD

In regards to the big ROH news last night
the people in charge are pissed at Elgin for an interview he did this week saying he'd like to tryout for pro baseball next year. He was originally supposed to beat Jay but they change their minds either the day of or night before the show. It could be a final straw situation because I've heard in the past he has a poor attitude. ROH also aren't happy with ACH missing his flight and no showing the iPPV. I understand where they're coming from because it's coming off of that awesome match ACH had with Lethal on the TV show and all that momentum is now wasted.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
ESPN siding with me about eSports. That dude who compared 'Pro Gamers' to football players is gonna be pisseeddddd

Elgin's match with Jay last night was probably the best he's had in quite a while, ironically - there's good reason for that, as it was pretty restrained. There wasn't a ton of finisher back and forth, there weren't a ton of kick-outs (although Elgin kicking out of the Jay Driller through a table drew boos from the crowd) and Elgin's telegraphed combo shit failed him, as it should against any wrestler who's seen at least one of his matches.

Incidentally, I don't know how true this is, but I heard he screwed his chances with New Japan by using the Rainmaker as a regular move earlier in the year - he'd stopped using it by the time of the NJPW/ROH shows, but New Japan still knew him as "that guy who ripped off the Rainmaker" and apparently because of this had a sour opinion of Elgin before the try-outs even began.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Elgin's match with Jay last night was probably the best he's had in quite a while, ironically - there's good reason for that, as it was pretty restrained. There wasn't a ton of finisher back and forth, there weren't a ton of kick-outs (although Elgin kicking out of the Jay Driller through a table drew boos from the crowd) and Elgin's telegraphed combo shit failed him, as it should against any wrestler who's seen at least one of his matches.

Incidentally, I don't know how true this is, but I heard he screwed his chances with New Japan by using the Rainmaker as a regular move earlier in the year - he'd stopped using it by the time of the NJPW/ROH shows, but New Japan still knew him as "that guy who ripped off the Rainmaker" and apparently because of this had a sour opinion of Elgin before the try-outs even began.

Did he go on reddit to proclaim that he invented the Rainmaker and everyones ripping off him?

Considering the Rainmaker is the most protected move in Japan right now, I could see this being true.

Also, I hope Bionic enjoys the Ignore Vortex

Yeah, I find the TV product a bit dry and don't usually go out of my way to watch it, unless there's a well recommended match that week or something - following along with the youtube stuff is usually enough to set you up for the big PPVs.

Did he go on reddit to proclaim that he invented the Rainmaker and everyones ripping off him?

I don't know abut reddit, but I saw him on twitter 6 months or so ago complaining about people ripping off his spots, then arguing with fans who called him out saying half his move-set is ripped off.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I would like to see Scott Steiner doing make-a-wish.
tumblr_n3fb79usGR1ql0k28o1_500.gif

He wouldn't be able to stop being a heel. 'You're gonna die! You see, but I'll never die because I'm a genetic freak, and I'm not normal.' Start doing push-ups in the ER

Marvel

could never
I would like to see Scott Steiner doing make-a-wish.

He wouldn't be able to stop being a heel. 'You're gonna die! You see, but I'll never die because I'm a genetic freak, and I'm not normal.' Start doing push-ups in the ER

Fuck me, this made me laugh.

It would happen too.

KissVibes

Banned
Yo, this shit about what could happen at NoC and what they plan on doing with Brock is the absolute worst booking I could imagine. I really hope it isn't true but knowing WWE, it probably totally is.

Recall

WWE must want to continue making Brock look strong by suplexing the big slow. A booking style so out of date you can't help but tune in and watch.

RP912

Banned
Night of Champions never been good. So the bullshit booking doesn't really surprise me. It's pretty much a poor man's clash of the champions without dusty's charm.

*hits alarm clock* wake me up when NXT Takeover comes on so we can embrace the era of BREEZE!

Hasney

WWE must want to continue making Brock look strong by suplexing the big slow. A booking style so out of date you can't help but tune in and watch.

Brocks done all the strong stuff now. I'll only be taken aback if he F5's both Big Show and Mark Henry at the same time.

Or uses one of them as a projectile from a gorilla press slam.

RP912

Banned
All of this bork pushing to be a strong monster really makes me ill to think that this should have been Cesaro :(.

For God sake dude body slammed big show like he was a bag of doritoes.

WTF??

Recall

Once PPV shows are no more there are just network specials I expect to see these types of matches more frequent. They don't even need to try with the booking then as they already have your money.

Will we see the dreaded suplexes are banned match?

Marvel

could never
All of this bork pushing to be a strong monster really makes me ill to think that this should have been Cesaro :(.

WTF??

I still think his time will come soon enough.

charsace

I didn't think Ambrose was back by NOC? If he is, him & Reigns V Seth and Orton could be fun.

They say filming ends on the 20th. Reigns has been killing his push and from fan reactions a sizable portion of the fans aren't happy with him stepping in to take the blow off of a hot feud. I know I'm not happy to see him facing off against Rollins after all the great work Ambrose and Rollins has done.

People in the back have to realize that Reigns getting a win over Rollins will hurt the push they are giving him. And all the bad to mediocre singles matches aren't helping either. So I think he will team with Ambrose against most likely Kane and Rollins with Kane taking the pin. I don't think the WWE would have Randy take another pin from Reigns. The WWE won't even feed Randy to "Mean Streak" Cena so can't see them making Randy get pinned by Reigns again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

WTF??

Cesaro ain't Bork though
FmEsXEu.gif

That goofball couldn't say this. Cesaro like Ronan to Brock's Thanos.

Hasney

Well imagine if they had a couple of faces go undefeated since Wrestlemania and look stupid strong, even one of them beating Cena for the #1 contendership after NOC. Could have been Cesaro and had Brock beat him confidently, but Cesaro got his stuff in and looked strong in a brief flash and almost won it, keeping him strong. We could have a natural feud rather than lol Big Show.

charsace

IMO Brock should hold the belt until Mania 32. WWE can still change Cesaro face and build him up to be a legit challenger for Brock at the RR. Then Brock can face Cena again at Mania and squash him again. Then Brock Lesnar can go against Cena again in a no holds barred PPV where Brock wins again in a more competitive match. Then you can build up to Brock vs Bryan or Ambrose at SS and have Brock beat them. Then if Reigns is ready he can face Brock at Mania 32. Because at this point the WWE would be better off signing Cody Hall and having him face Brock at W31 than Reigns. Reigns isn't a power wrestler at all and would be better served as a cocky, arrogant jock who talks a lot of shit. The silent badass does not fit him and would make more sense for Cesaro who is a much better powerhouse wrestler.

And things in the WWE would be better if guys outside of Ambrose actually sold injuries. Because Cena could hurt Brock in the no holds barred match that I proposed as that is the only way you can make him look vulnerable.

Top Bottom